wat cops do when they are boredd!!

tints
"speeding"
no front plate
Old 05-28-2010, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
35 in a 25 that SUCKS. Most 25mph zones are an absolute joke, same with 35mph. Thats crawling.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
totally

Were you in a school zone? I thought it says something about "school" on the tickets.

Maybe he meant he schooled you

Sucks, but there's always going to be *****s and seems like you found one today!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
That is ridiculous but obviously you have to be ready for the tint and license plate ticket as you knew you were not legal. But that still sucks anyway.
All counties are struggling financially so be ready for more bs like this.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Tint is a secondary offense (you cannot be pulled over for it by itself). Speeding is obviously a primary offense. I could not find out whether or not NJ considers no front plate as a primary, or secondary offense.

In MD, while a front plate is required, it is not a primary offense, so they cannot pull you over for it, they can however add that to any other offense they do pull you over for, or if the vehicle is parked, they can give a ticket for it.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I know this all too well, got pulled over one time in Glendale, ca. BTW Glendale and Burbank cops are the worst cops on this planet, lapd dosent even compare to how bad they are, anyway...I was driving in Glendale one day and my two front windows were rolled down, this cop comes right up behind me and pulls me over. He comes up to my window and asks me to roll up my windows, so i did. This ***** pulls me over on the suspicion that i had tints, but i didn't. I'm waiting in my car for a good 10 minutes wondering whats taking this guy so long. Turns out this moron called for back up . I see 1 more squad cars pull up behind him, and 2 more cops come out. Any way to make a long story short, They made me sit on the curb searched my entire car, and didnt find anything. Wasted my time and was extremely FURIOUS. . Ive met some cool cops before but its *****s like these guys that make me wonder how they ever became cops.

Last edited by _AMG_; 05-28-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by _AMG_
They made me sit on the curb searched my entire car, and didnt find anything. Waisted my time and was extremely FURIOUS.
Just something I read the other day:

You Have the Right to Refuse Search Requests

Police may order the driver and any passengers out of the vehicle. If this happens, step out of the car. If they have reasonable suspicion to detain you, police may frisk the outside of your clothing to check for weapons, but only if they have a basis for suspecting you're armed.

If police detain and frisk you, you have the right to clearly state your refusal to consent to the search. For example, you may say "Officer, I'm not resisting. I do not consent to this search." But you should only verbally refuse. Never physically resist. Just touching an officer could get you tasered or beaten. You could also get a felony charge for assaulting a police officer.

Whether or not they frisk you, an officer may ask you a series of questions, which may include something like "You don't mind if I have a look in your car?" While this might sound like a command, it's usually a request -- and the 4th Amendment protects your right to refuse search requests.

In response to such request, you may politely decline by saying "Officer, I know you're just doing your job, but I don't consent to searches." Some officers may use their authority to make you feel obligated to prove your innocence by asking "What do you have to hide?" Don't fall for such tricks. If necessary, repeat your refusal.

Refusing a search request is not an admission of guilt and does not give the officer the legal right to search or detain you. In fact, most avoidable police searches don't occur because police have probable cause. They occur because people get tricked or intimidated into consenting to search requests.

The 4th Amendment protects your right to refuse search requests, but you must clearly state your refusal for the protection to legally apply.

You have the right to let police search you. You also have the right to refuse -- the choice is yours. Before consenting to a search, you should consider the possible consequences of waiving your 4th Amendment right to refuse.

First, consider that giving police permission to search you if they have no probable cause to do so is like letting any stranger search your stuff. Searches are done quickly and often carelessly. If anything is broken you won't likely be compensated, because you agreed to the search.

Also, you never know for sure what a careless friend or family member might have left in your car at some point. We frequently hear stories where the driver was unaware of a tiny marijuana blunt left in the ashtray, which leads to an arrest. Sometimes police make arrests because they discover a single marijuana seed.

If police find any illegal items after you consent to a search request, you can be arrested even if you had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by bhamg; 05-28-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:04 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Tint is a secondary offense (you cannot be pulled over for it by itself). Speeding is obviously a primary offense. I could not find out whether or not NJ considers no front plate as a primary, or secondary offense.

In MD, while a front plate is required, it is not a primary offense, so they cannot pull you over for it, they can however add that to any other offense they do pull you over for, or if the vehicle is parked, they can give a ticket for it.
It is a primary offense. Don't spread incorrect info.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
does that say Marlboro? that is right next to my township
Old 05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by bhamg

Police may order the driver and any passengers out of the vehicle. If this happens, step out of the car. If they have reasonable suspicion to detain you, police may frisk the outside of your clothing to check for weapons, but only if they have a basis for suspecting you're armed.

If police detain and frisk you, you have the right to clearly state your refusal to consent to the search. For example, you may say "Officer, I'm not resisting. I do not consent to this search." But you should only verbally refuse. Never physically resist. Just touching an officer could get you tasered or beaten. You could also get a felony charge for assaulting a police officer.

Whether or not they frisk you, an officer may ask you a series of questions, which may include something like "You don't mind if I have a look in your car?" While this might sound like a command, it's usually a request -- and the 4th Amendment protects your right to refuse search requests.

In response to such request, you may politely decline by saying "Officer, I know you're just doing your job, but I don't consent to searches." Some officers may use their authority to make you feel obligated to prove your innocence by asking "What do you have to hide?" Don't fall for such tricks. If necessary, repeat your refusal.

Refusing a search request is not an admission of guilt and does not give the officer the legal right to search or detain you. In fact, most avoidable police searches don't occur because police have probable cause. They occur because people get tricked or intimidated into consenting to search requests.

The 4th Amendment protects your right to refuse search requests, but you must clearly state your refusal for the protection to legally apply.

You have the right to let police search you. You also have the right to refuse -- the choice is yours. Before consenting to a search, you should consider the possible consequences of waiving your 4th Amendment right to refuse.

First, consider that giving police permission to search you if they have no probable cause to do so is like letting any stranger search your stuff. Searches are done quickly and often carelessly. If anything is broken you won't likely be compensated, because you agreed to the search.

Also, you never know for sure what a careless friend or family member might have left in your car at some point. We frequently hear stories where the driver was unaware of a tiny marijuana blunt left in the ashtray, which leads to an arrest. Sometimes police make arrests because they discover a single marijuana seed.

If police find any illegal items after you consent to a search request, you can be arrested even if you had nothing to do with it.
Thanks for the insight. Next time a cop pulls me over and wants to search my car, ill use this.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Sorry about all the tickets. I hope they aren't targeting you for any reason other than you drive a hot fast car.

Stupid F***ing police. I have such hatred for them. I feel so sorry for people that get pulled over in my area. I live a quiet suburb of generally nice, law abiding, moms, kids, working dads, etc. There is NEVER a time on my way home that I don't see some a**hole cop pulled over some poor guy just going home from work, probably would of used the money to take his family out for dinner on a friday night for doing something minor. Or some mom taking the kids to soccer. Get a damn life and go downtown if you want to make a difference.

But, I am generally assuming the person didn't do anything. But this area has sooo many damn lights and speed traps you never get any crazy LA or downtown psycho-ness.

It's so bad that you can drive home and count all the cops hiding in the shadows. PATHETIC.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by bhamg

In Florida once you refuse to consent to a search they will usually detain you until a K9 unit can arrive. At that point Rex will invariably give the officer probable cause.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by hhughes1
In Florida once you refuse to consent to a search they will usually detain you until a K9 unit can arrive. At that point Rex will invariably give the officer probable cause.
That's every where.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hhughes1
and they'll find something now, whether it was there or not, because you were trouble
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Yep I would just let them do the search they will find a way to do it and waste even more of your time. It sucks though because they ripped part of my headliner on accident pulling my CD wallet off my visor because of the Velcro on it. They also pulled out all my audio equipment in my trunk and pulled the wiring out. They sat me in the back of the patrol car (not curb) and threatened to tow my car just because I lost my license and was on the way to the DMV to get a replacement. They accused me of picking up in high school girls when I lived about 30 mins away from the area I was in. I was just a few blocks from the DMV as well and he wouldn't believe me. They were complete dicks and gave me a tint ticket loud music ticket and driving without my license. I thought after them tearing my car apart they would show mercy, but they didn't!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
Yep I would just let them do the search they will find a way to do it and waste even more of your time.
Not me. I was stopped once in OC for what I knew to be no reason other than profiling. I immediately called 911 and asked to speak to the patrol supervisor even before the LEO walked up to my car. He was a total a-hole...we jawed at each other and he said "would you like to speak to my supervisor?" I replied "I already did and she is on her way down." She came, spoke to LEO, then asked me what happened. At the end of my explanation she asked me "was he courteous?"..."not particularly" (what I said)...she apologized, mentioned "young and overeager officer just trying to do his job" and told me I could leave. My guess is that he was looking for another car but I'll never know. But letting someone like that search my car, no way!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Albokid - Just curious did you give the cop any attitude, the reason I ask is cops always like to show who is in charge and who is the authority especially when charged. My recommendation is to take it to court and they will throw out the tint and plate and drop down the speeding.

Been there done that.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 PM

c63 amg
Originally Posted by _AMG_
I know this all too well, got pulled over one time in Glendale, ca. BTW Glendale and Burbank cops are the worst cops on this planet, lapd dosent even compare to how bad they are, anyway...I was driving in Glendale one day and my two front windows were rolled down, this cop comes right up behind me and pulls me over. He comes up to my window and asks me to roll up my windows, so i did. This ***** pulls me over on the suspicion that i had tints, but i didn't. I'm waiting in my car for a good 10 minutes wondering whats taking this guy so long. Turns out this moron called for back up . I see 1 more squad cars pull up behind him, and 2 more cops come out. Any way to make a long story short, They made me sit on the curb searched my entire car, and didnt find anything. Wasted my time and was extremely FURIOUS. . Ive met some cool cops before but its *****s like these guys that make me wonder how they ever became cops.
get a good lawyer and sue them for harassment and such
Old 05-28-2010, 09:56 PM

c63 amg
Originally Posted by rory breaker
35 in a 25 that SUCKS. Most 25mph zones are an absolute joke, same with 35mph. Thats crawling.
I live in the suburb. the entire city is now 25mph except 4 boulevard that are 35mph.

but what you gonna do?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:59 PM

2010c63
this guy lives in virginia, i can tell from the front windshield stickers that va requires, va and dc metro area has the strictest roads.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
sorry but Albokid lives in Jersey and cops here are total dicks. Marlboro Townships are very strict with having tints, loud mufflers, no front plate they will pull you over for anything. just got home from the Mall and seen a Marlboro cop pull over a car with tints.

Last edited by Spec_Davis; 05-28-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:09 AM

2009 c63
they get no action out here so they have nothing better to do, but rape people with tickets
Old 05-29-2010, 03:07 AM

looking for an AMG
Especially on Rt.9...Seen them sitting at lights more than ever since beginning of month.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:05 AM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E63s
I know what you feel.. I got pulled over by one just 'cause he heard my muffler (z06 at the time) and he said that I was going fast.. lmao so he gave me a ticket (not for speeding since he could not prove it but for having a tinted cover on my plate...
Old 05-29-2010, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c63canada
get a good lawyer and sue them for harassment and such
I'd love to say this would work, but you'll just spend tens of thousands of dollars on a lawyer and even if you win the suit (unlikely) the cop isn't paying out of his pocket anyway--the taxpayers pick up the bill, that's you and me!!

Honestly, I hate to say it, but I've found it's much better to be "friends" with the cops and donate money to their programs DARE, annual *****, advertise in their newsletters (with my business) etc. and always be friendly when getting pulled over--even if they're being totally dicks.

I've had well over a dozen speeding tickets over the years (even lost the license) and within the past 5 years maybe two and about 15 warnings, sometimes "nice" works better than a pissin' match--especially when they have all of the power.

Honestly, when I get a warning after being nice to the cop and I know he could have given me a ticket, I roll up my window and look in my review mirror as I pull away and say to myself "thanks for falling for it ******!!"

just my .02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wat cops do when they are boredd!!