Sponsored by:

am I thinking right?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
am I thinking right?

I am so close to placing an order (like a few days close) but there is something that keeps bugging my head and I want someone please to help me clarify it:

I went to the salesperson today and from the pictures he showed me, the C63 is exactly the same as the '10 model. The C-class series will include LED lights for the regular models but according to him, it doesn't mention that the LED will be on the C63 (which is true, because he showed me the new dealership brochure.

That being said, and comparing a '10 model with an '11, knowing what the benefits are of getting a brand new one, wouldn't it be wise to get the '10 model, for the simple fact that the '12 model might change? And if it did change, wouldn't that mean the price of the '11 model would drop almost the same as the '10 model since there's a newer version? (the '11 model would lose more value as opposed to the '10 model, since a newer version exists) <- I just realized that I somehow repeated the same sentence, but I just want some feedback from you guys and what do you think. I am just so close to placing the order.

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Hi
I placed an order a month or so back for a new 2011 c63--in fact, it goes into production next week, yeaahh!
I hear what you're saying about the changes, but the 2012s won't be out for more than another year and there's no gurantees what the 2012 will have.
(In fact MBUSA and my dealer still can't tell me what exactly the available options are and mine is due to arrive in a month and half)

As others have said, there's always something newer around the corner, so this becomes a very slippery slope if you head down this street.

And in regards to the 2010s, if you can find one on a lot that has what you want, go for it, but make sure you get a good deal because they have been sitting for a while and when you drive off the lot you don't just lose the normal value from "driving off the lot", but your car is also "used" and already a year old.

Personally, I never understood how people think that buying a "leftover" off a lot saves you money in the long term--sure you get a discount now off the price compared to a new one, but the car is already a year old and when the time comes to trade it in, it will always be worth less than the same car that's a year newer, that's why you get a discount upfront--pay now or pay later, it's up to you.
I'd rather have a fresh car as opposed to one that has been sitting on the lot getting thrashed by the weather and prospective buyers like myself on a test drive--this is worth some $$$ to me.

So if you are having trouble affording the car now, but want one, look for a leftover or CPO and you can still have a great car for a bit less compared to a brand new 2011.
However you look at it these things (cars that is) they are horrible things to spend money on because you will lose a lot of money in depreciation, etc., but if you're a true car guy you already know this and don't care!
Cars are one of my biggest passions and really my only vise because I don't do drugs, gamble, live above my means, or have Tiger Woods taste in women--so for me it's just what I "waste" money on.

Off the soap box now!

Last edited by black-clk500; 06-25-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
either place the order for the 2011, or go by a used one...you're thinking too much.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 PM

C63
Originally Posted by black-clk500
Hi
I placed an order a month or so back for a new 2011 c63--in fact, it goes into production next week, yeaahh!
I hear what you're saying about the changes, but the 2012s won't be out for more than another year and there's no gurantees what the 2012 will have.
(In fact MBUSA and my dealer still can't tell me what exactly the available options are and mine is due to arrive in a month and half)

As others have said, there's always something newer around the corner, so this becomes a very slippery slope if you head down this street.

And in regards to the 2010s, if you can find one on a lot that has what you want, go for it, but make sure you get a good deal because they have been sitting for a while and when you drive off the lot you don't just lose the normal value from "driving off the lot", but your car is also "used" and already a year old.

Personally, I never understood how people think that buying a "leftover" off a lot saves you money in the long term--sure you get a discount now off the price compared to a new one, but the car is already a year old and when the time comes to trade it in, it will always be worth less than the same car that's a year newer, that's why you get a discount upfront--pay now or pay later, it's up to you.
I'd rather have a fresh car as opposed to one that has been sitting on the lot getting thrashed by the weather and prospective buyers like myself on a test drive--this is worth some $$$ to me.

So if you are having trouble affording the car now, but want one, look for a leftover or CPO and you can still have a great car for a bit less compared to a brand new 2011.
However you look at it these things (cars that is) they are horrible things to spend money on because you will lose a lot of money in depreciation, etc., but if you're a true car guy you already know this and don't care!
Cars are one of my biggest passions and really my only vise because I don't do drugs, gamble, live above my means, or have Tiger Woods taste in women--so for me it's just what I "waste" money on.

Off the soap box now!

LOL, love the post. Thanks for the info! Money is really not a problem, and I've been dreaming of the C-class ever since I was 18. I never thought I'd be able to afford a brand new C63. Now that I can, in the back of my head I am thinking "I don't care, I want this sweet car no matter what"-- but on the other hand, sometimes your balanced thinking 'takes you back' to thinking all over.
I just love it. There's no car that can fill the gap that the C63 will.

Thanks again.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:18 PM

C63
Yes i already saw the new C with the LED. They just look exactly like the ones from the E coupe and they don't look good. i think one of the worse implementation of LED, it just looks like an after thought, which it is. However as for the C63 I dont think you will get LED, on FOG lamps for us now.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
If you really want the led that bad it can be adapted as long as the trim fits. We did this to a new e class at work already. It requires some doing but it works just fine.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 PM

C63
I don't really want the LED, that's not the reason of my post.