Stereo and Navigation Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 135i DCT
Stereo and Navigation Questions

Hey guys-

Could someone give me short review of the HK system in the C63? The HK system in my SLK55 is crap. I loved the system in my 335 and LOVED the enhanced system in the M3.

Also, in my versions of COMAND you can plug in a house number in navigation but then you have to pick a range of numbers so it actually guides you to the area where the address is but not the actual address itself. Is this the same in the new COMAND?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by spence46
Hey guys-

Could someone give me short review of the HK system in the C63? The HK system in my SLK55 is crap. I loved the system in my 335 and LOVED the enhanced system in the M3.

Also, in my versions of COMAND you can plug in a house number in navigation but then you have to pick a range of numbers so it actually guides you to the area where the address is but not the actual address itself. Is this the same in the new COMAND?
Never had a problem entering house numbers but that has happened to me when entering a highway address, where it'll only let me pick ranges

Comand is fine at what It does but there's a lot of room for improvement

Last edited by drawde; 06-26-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
To be quite honest, I dislike the HK system and wish we had BOSE or Infinity.

It sounds haphazard, disorganized and not deep. Almost sounds static-like. The tweeters seem unchecked with the rest of the system and things start rattling in the back once volumes are higher. I just don't like it and am really envious of friends who own Acura TL's and Infinity G's.

But then again, I don't know if they really cared or figured you would be listening the engine more...
Old 06-27-2010, 01:28 PM

2011 135i DCT
I just hate how car companies are skimping on sound systems now to save cost. The enhanced system in my father's 03 M5 is reinforced with Kevlar for christsakes. That system is incredible.

I'm of course having the hard decision picking between M3 and C63. My mother has the new body-style 7 series and the new iDrive is REALLY good. I just moved to Los Angeles and don't know my way well yet and the nav in my SLK is killing me.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by spence46
Hey guys-

My NAV suck! I have to pick the range too. unless you do a POI search for the place of business and it will take you there. If you input the address your desination will be some where close by. I can't even search for the business by name...suck big time. My $200 Garmin Nuvi work 10X better. I carry that in my car just to do a name search and get the address so I can input it in my car NAV.

As for the HK audio systems..I love it! The sound quality is great!
I don't like the SAT radio, signal cut in and out when I drive under a tree or bridge..

Old 06-28-2010, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
The range issue is due to the map data within the Comand system. Not the Comand system itself. It's annoying yes, but end of the world no.

As for teh HK system, I have no real issues with it, it plays loud, and it reproduces the music I listen to somewhat accurately, and I listen to some weird **** (Mostly Power Noise and Industrial)

I will agree, that the MB system is far behind those of Acura and Audi, as for the iDrive system in BMW's, I hate it.. I have always hated it, and probably will always hate it. There is such a thing as too much, and the iDrive is the definition of too much.