Built-in hard drive for music ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Built-in hard drive for music ????

OK, so I'm a bit of a techno-dinosaur. Do we really have to insert CD's into the CD changer and let the system copy them (or the songs you select) in order to get the files into the car's HDD? No way to import data using iPod or memory card/stick?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
i dont think you can import. i had to put in a CD (must be store bought or burned old school NOT in MP3 format) the screen will then allow you to copy or burn it. not sure the wording that is on the screen. i tried it the first week i had the car and to be honest....its slow and not worth my time. i found it much easier to use the compact flash or SD slot with the adapter. PCMI maybe its called. it works great. i have a 6 gig compact flash card and it holds plenty for me and is very easy to use and navigate.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by eagle_lex
i dont think you can import. i had to put in a CD (must be store bought or burned old school NOT in MP3 format) the screen will then allow you to copy or burn it. not sure the wording that is on the screen. i tried it the first week i had the car and to be honest....its slow and not worth my time. i found it much easier to use the compact flash or SD slot with the adapter. PCMI maybe its called. it works great. i have a 6 gig compact flash card and it holds plenty for me and is very easy to use and navigate.
+1
There seems to be no easy way to transfer MP3's to the HDD on our C63. Who wants to spend hours ripping from commercial CD's when it is slow and you dont want 3/4 of the songs anyway.

Other MB's (2009 GL450 for sure) allow direct transfer from SD to the HDD. The way it should be!

So, for the C63, get a PCMCIA adapter and use CF or SD media to store your music. I keep a copy of the music in a folder on my home PC that I can add/subtract MP3's quickly. When done, I then copy the whole folder over to te CF/SD card. Insert it into the slot in your car and your updates are good to go. I have a 8 gig CF and that is plenty for me.