C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On my way to the dealership to fix the drivers seat leather!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Oh my SON OF A B*TCH! I knew they would!

Here is the deal Propain and all...

Last I went to talk to the guy and made this post, HE HAS NOT CONTACTED ME ONCE to tell me when to come by to meet the regional guy, an update on the warranty conditions, give more options, ASK HOW I AM DOING, NOTHING!!!

I am sooo hesitant to even do it becuase as Dark Knight just said, they will beat up the inside in the process. I may just not go through with it knowing how they will tear her all up on the inside and just hold off.

Seriously though, what in the world has happened to customer service these days???????? I call all my patients at the end of the day and ask how they are doing and to see if I or my staff can do anything for them...

WAITING LIKE A WET PUPPY AT THEIR DOORSTEP...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

Last I went to talk to the guy and made this post, HE HAS NOT CONTACTED ME ONCE to tell me when to come by to meet the regional guy, an update on the warranty conditions, give more options, ASK HOW I AM DOING, NOTHING!!!

I am sooo hesitant to even do it becuase as Dark Knight just said, they will beat up the inside in the process. I may just not go through with it knowing how they will tear her all up on the inside and just hold off.

Seriously though, what in the world has happened to customer service these days???????? I call all my patients at the end of the day and ask how they are doing and to see if I or my staff can do anything for them...

I really cant understand these people at the dealership. They seem very disorganized. Things like this can really bring down the reputation of a dealership.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by propain
I bet ya I could get a new seat out of it.

What the dealer is going to do is get a third party in there. One that is not represented by MB to fix it. They wont even let MB know about it. It saves them time and labor.

Why not just forget about it HBC and just go home? Sounds like your a bit of a defeatist.

It all depends on how bad the damage is and how odd it looks. Yes, small wear here and there taking place long before its expected and they wont replace the seat. Cracking and ripping and tearing is another story. As long as the car owner isn't 350 lbs he should have no problem getting the seat replaced.

My opinion: Say to the dealer "I want a new seat or im calling MB USA". Trust me. You will get one. MB wants you happy. The dealer just wants you to go away with as little labor as possible.
Not a defeatist, just not unreasonable either. If one part of the seat is defective and can be repaired properly without replacing the entire seat, that's what the guy will and should get. That's what the warranty calls for. When the water pump fails, they don't replace the entire engine do they? And what good would it do him to get an entire new seat? Will that solve his problem any better than competently replacing just the damaged part? Just my opinion, friend. I may be wrong.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
I call all my patients at the end of the day and ask how they are doing and to see if I or my staff can do anything for them...
But you do understand that you are the exception, right, not the rule?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

Not trying to inflame you anymore than you already are, but this is what happens to the nice guys. When your nice and understanding they run the train on you. When you go in there like a big Ahole they will hate you, but you will get what you want.

Nice guys finish last. You have enough friends. Get your *** to that dealership and go make some enemies.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
Nice guys finish last. You have enough friends. Get your *** to that dealership and go make some enemies.
nice!

Zephyr, remember my offer!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Not trying to inflame you anymore than you already are, but this is what happens to the nice guys. When your nice and understanding they run the train on you. When you go in there like a big Ahole they will hate you, but you will get what you want.

He deserves his warranty repair, for sure, but the way you suggest he go about it will result in his never getting any favors from them when he might need them. I suggest being assertive, not an a-hole. I suggest being pleasant, not a maniac. I suggest acting in a manner to which the SA can relate, not acting in a way he's glad he doesn't. The big A-hole that everyone hates will eventually get screwed just because they can.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by HBC350
He deserves his warranty repair, for sure, but the way you suggest he go about it will result in his never getting any favors from them when he might need them. I suggest being assertive, not an a-hole. I suggest being pleasant, not a maniac. I suggest acting in a manner to which the SA can relate, not acting in a way he's glad he doesn't. The big A-hole that everyone hates will eventually get screwed just because they can.
He was already all of the above and hes getting the shaft. What he needs to do is get on the phone with MBUSA and sick them on the dealership. He doesn't need any favors, he needs them to honor the warranty. I don't think ive ever gotten a favor from a dealership. They are privately owned and its their job to make money off you. There are also plenty of other dealerships to go to that will be happy to get your business.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You have enough friends. Get your *** to that dealership and go make some enemies.
I will be quoting you in the future.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
He was already all of the above and hes getting the shaft. What he needs to do is get on the phone with MBUSA and sick them on the dealership. He doesn't need any favors, he needs them to honor the warranty. I don't think ive ever gotten a favor from a dealership. They are privately owned and its their job to make money off you. There are also plenty of other dealerships to go to that will be happy to get your business.
True. He's not looking for favors. Yet. But he might might be in the future. Honor the warranty? Yes. I agree, they should. But the warranty does not say MB will replace not only the defective part but everything attached to it, does it? You've never gotten any favors from a dealer? I am not surprised. I have gotten many. I used to be a service writer at a Porsche dealer many moons ago and have seen all types. I know what it takes to get what I want and all the while keep the guys in the service drive on friendly terms. When I roll in, they come from all over to greet me and small talk. Then, they do their jobs and get me taken care of. Believe me, being the type of guy you are advocating runs the risk of eventually being counter productive at some point. They can spot you guys from a mile away. Again, I may be wrong. But it has worked for me many times at many dealers.

Last edited by HBC350; 07-28-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
True. He's not looking for favors. Yet. But might might be in the future. You've never gotten any favors from a dealer? I am not surprised. I have gotten many. I used to be a service writer at a Porsche dealer many moons ago and have seen all types. I know what it takes to get what I want and all the while keep the guys in the service drive on friendly terms. So do the guys he's dealing with. When I roll in, they come from all over to greet me and small talk. Then, they do their jobs and get me taken care of. Believe me, being the type of guy you are advocating runs the risk of eventually being counter productive at some point. They can spot you guys from a mile away. Again, I may be wrong. But it has worked for me many times at many dealers.
Your not surprised? Gotta try harder than that to get a rise out of me slugger.

I think maybe you misunderstand the "Act like an ahole" Im not stating you should go in there like a raving maniac screaming and yelling. Im stating you look the SA in the eye and say "I want it fixed, and I want it fixed now"

When I roll into my dealership they know im not the one to F with. "Yes sir, no sir, here is your car rental sir, is there anything else you need sir" They might murmur under their breath as a I walk away and call me a big head or an Ahole. I don't care. I'm not there to make friends and shoot the Shlt. If something is wrong with my car I want it fixed as fast as possible and I don't want the run around.

Interesting though that you used to work in a dealership...
Old 07-28-2010, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Your not surprised? Gotta try harder than that to get a rise out of me slugger.

I think maybe you misunderstand the "Act like an ahole" Im not stating you should go in there like a raving maniac screaming and yelling. Im stating you look the SA in the eye and say "I want it fixed, and I want it fixed now"

When I roll into my dealership they know im not the one to F with. "Yes sir, no sir, here is your car rental sir, is there anything else you need sir" They might murmur under their breath as a I walk away and call me a big head or an Ahole. I don't care. I'm not there to make friends and shoot the Shlt. If something is wrong with my car I want it fixed as fast as possible and I don't want the run around.

Interesting though that you used to work in a dealership...
Not trying to get a rise out of you. Just stating factually that I am not surprised you've never gotten a favor at a dealer. And I'm sorry that I interpreted your suggestion that he "go in there like a big A hole" to mean that he should go in there like a big A hole. My bad.

Different strokes for different folks. I guess we all do what we feel comfortable doing as we try to get what we want. Having seen your method many, many times, I prefer mine.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Well guys, the breakdown is this:

TODAY and I am talking about TODAY, people all over DON'T GIVE A SH*T about you.

Whether is Toyota or Merc. They just don't care. They want you in and out. Thats it. I bought this Merc thinking that I would be part of a unique group, who truly enjoy finer things, FINER SERVICE (b/c they are paying for it) and have a passion of paying for performance and style.

My experience of dealerships, and there at least 5 Merc dealers close to me, has been nothing short of rediculous. Probably only one was quite decent and relaxing and respectful, and thats when I was just waisting a Saturday and looking and other models, differences, etc...

I am a Propain type at heart, because I dont stand for BS. I go OUT OF MY WAY for the people who do business with me. I KNOW how hard making money is, and I cherish that for people. I make sure that when they chose me to offer me their money in exchange for a service, I EARNED THAT. So when someone does me wrong, I give them ONE benifit of the doubt and then its ALL OUT WAR after that.

But HBC has a great point. Speak softly and carry a stick. A smile and small talk will get you farther in the long run. You need to look at the circumstances.

Will you go there again?
Do they know you and your family really well?
Do you care about what they will think?
DO you really need that sort of brain splitting, vein in the forehead headache?
What if in the spurt of yelling and demanding they turn the tables and say F-U and tell you to leave or they will call the cops?
Will you actually sue?
What's next? More yelling until you get your way?

These go through my mind, yet I will get my way eventually and slowly. Because it was MR. NICE GUY ZEPHYR, now it's YOU WAISTED MY ************* TIME AND INSULTED ME MR. ZEPHYR...

As they say in 300, THIS...IS... SPARTA!!!!!!

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-28-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Well guys, the breakdown is this:

TODAY and I am talking about TODAY, people all over DON'T GIVE A SH*T about you.

Whether is Toyota or Merc. They just don't care. They want you in and out. Thats it. I bought this Merc thinking that I would be part of a unique group, who truly enjoy finer things, FINER SERVICE (b/c they are paying for it) and have a passion of paying for performance and style.

My experience of dealerships, and there at least 5 Merc dealers close to me, has been nothing short of rediculous. Probably only one was quite decent and relaxing and respectful, and thats when I was just waisting a Saturday and looking and other models, differences, etc...

I am a Propain type at heart, because I dont stand for BS. I go OUT OF MY WAY for the people who do business with me. I KNOW how hard making money is, and I cherish that for people. I make sure that when they chose me to offer me their money in exchange for a service, I EARNED THAT. So when someone does me wrong, I give them ONE benifit of the doubt and then its ALL OUT WAR after that.

But HBC has a great point. Speak softly and carry a stick. A smile and small talk will get you farther in the long run. You need to look at the circumstances.

Will you go there again?
Do they know you really well?
Do you care about what they will think?
DO you really need that sort of brain splitting, vein in the forhead headache?
What if in the spurt of yelling and demanding they turn the tables and say F-U and tell you to leave or they will call the cops?
Will you actually sue?
What's next? More yelling until you get your way?

These go through my mind, yet I will get my way eventually and slowly. Because it was MR. NICE GUY ZEPHYR, now it's YOU WAISTED MY ************* TIME AND INSULTED ME MR. ZEPHYR...

As they say in 300, THIS...IS... SPARTA!!!!!!
Who'd have ever thought Teddy Roosevelt would have a part in this debate? Just for clarification, though, it's a "big" stick!

Good luck getting a proper repair.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Not trying to get a rise out of you. Just stating factually that I am not surprised you've never gotten a favor at a dealer. And I'm sorry that I interpreted your suggestion that he "go in there like a big A hole" to mean that he should go in there like a big A hole. My bad.

Different strokes for different folks. I guess we all do what we feel comfortable doing as we try to get what we want. Having seen your method many, many times, I prefer mine.
I have never had to ask for a favor at a dealer nor do I need any favors from a dealer. You simple have to do your job to the best of your ability and not give me the run around and we can have a very nice relationship.

The people who shoot the shlt and pal around are the ones looking for the favors. Your hoping your niceness gets you better treatment. I am very personable until provoked. Then you get the Ahole guy you are asking for.

As someone on the receiving end of my method im not surprised you like your method better.

Edit: Just to point this out, you see how your acting like a wise guy? Little digs here and there. Im sure your not acting like a raving maniac right now in front of your computer, but you see you are still coming off like a big A hole. This is only a forum dispute. Now imagine your 70K car is broken and your getting the run around. Now maybe you can see my point.

Last edited by propain; 07-28-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
I have never had to ask for a favor at a dealer nor do I need any favors from a dealer. You simple have to do your job to the best of your ability and not give me the run around and we can have a very nice relationship.

The people who shoot the shlt and pal around are the ones looking for the favors. Your hoping your niceness gets you better treatment. I am very personable until provoked. Then you get the Ahole guy you are asking for.

As someone on the receiving end of my method im not surprised you like your method better.

Edit: Just to point this out, you see how your acting like a wise guy? Little digs here and there. Im sure your not acting like a raving maniac right now in front of your computer, but you see you are still coming off like a big A hole. This is only a forum dispute. Now imagine your 70K car is broken and your getting the run around. Now maybe you can see my point.
I think you're reading way too much into what I'm saying and what I'm doing. I am speaking sincerely, with (almost) no sarcasm. Am I really coming off like a big A hole? I sure don't mean to. Little digs here and there? Where? I'm only trying to communicate in a forum. And I will admit, with the written word tone often comes across where it doesn't really exist.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I think you're reading way too much into what I'm saying and what I'm doing. I am speaking sincerely, with (almost) no sarcasm. Am I really coming off like a big A hole? I sure don't mean to. Little digs here and there? Where? I'm only trying to communicate in a forum. And I will admit, with the written word tone often comes across where it doesn't really exist.

And I'm sorry that I interpreted your suggestion that he "go in there like a big A hole" to mean that he should go in there like a big A hole. My bad.

Its ok. I understand. You're a passive aggressive A hole and im an in your face one. Its all good.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Its ok. I understand. You're a passive aggressive A hole and im an in your face one. Its all good.

You are most likely correct!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
You are most likely correct!
Ahhh haaaa!!

Good times... Have a good night bro.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)

I gotta side more with Propain on this one (great stuff by the way)--I'm kinda of a hybrid between the two of you, but when the sshiit hits the fan the teeth come out and I get my way EVERY TIME!

I negotiate all day with my business, so I'm very comfortable in my own skin and will go toe to toe with anyone!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by black-clk500

I gotta side more with Propain on this one (great stuff by the way)--I'm kinda of a hybrid between the two of you, but when the sshiit hits the fan the teeth come out and I get my way EVERY TIME!

I negotiate all day with my business, so I'm very comfortable in my own skin and will go toe to toe with anyone!
Come on. EVERY TIME?