C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear coat coming off on Euroteck diffuser.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by Infamouz
Some people are honestly brainless and completely stupid. If you don't believe that you need to wax carbon fiber, just as you do with the paint of your vehicle in order to maintain the clear coat, then you've obviously never owned genuine carbon fiber accessories or simply aren't educated enough to know so. Djovovic63, for instance, sounds like the biggest douche I've yet to come across on this forum. I don't understand how 'venting' YOUR feelings, a person that's never had any affiliations with Euroteck or any carbon fiber for that matter, has any worthiness in creating a post. You act as if everything you buy, must always be perfect, and if it happens to be like that, by all means. Although, when you completely admit to performing actions such as not waxing, power washing, etc., ESPECIALLY with carbon fiber, well I think you've solved your own problem.

There's no real way to pin point what exactly contributed to this ordeal. Although, simply going off of how the OP takes care of his vehicle, I think it's safe to assume that this was not a manufacturing defect. In a business point of view, Euroteck has done the right thing. This could also vary though based on any warranties they may offer.
Lol your funny obviously when I buy something I expect it to be perfect( my money was PERFECT so I expect the product to be as well otherwise I can give you fake money nd then we r ll happy. And if I do buy an expensive product and if its not perfect you bet I will want to have it replaced. But anyway I have quite some experience with carbon fibre. I ve used it on my bikes and I bought the cheapest shaite and this did not happen( And believe me I WASNT TAKING CARE OF THE PRODUCT). So if you claim you are reputable company you should act like one. What is to Euroteck to fix that??? All this would have been avoided. But ye they will give you this bs that if they do that all the time they ll go bankrupt or something like that. Anyway INfamouz I really dont care about your opinions cause you sound like a guy that knows more so ye ur right. Anyway I ve never heard much about eurotek but I wouldnt put A SINGLE PART FROM THEIR COMPANY ON MY CAR and if they all came for free.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
Wow.. I'd love to see how you would run a business. I'm sure Blackc230 is better off having narrow minded a$$holes like you not purchasing their products anyways. Sometimes it's not about the money, but rather who the customers are and how they represent a company with their purchased products .. such as in this case.. and that's a good thing.

And out of curiosity, on your bikes.. do you go through car washes? And if you buy cheapest 'shaite', I wouldn't be surprised if it was either vinyl or just overlay.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:43 PM
DAK

Outlander
I Can't believe the vendor is still participating in this thread and not just finalising the matter. For the sake of a $100 respray they could they could have kept a customer happy and their brand in check. They could have even split the cost 50%/50% with the customer which would have been at least an offer of support.

Instead they preferred to air the issue and debate the product on a public forum. No matter who is right or wrong this will turn customers off particularly given the tone of the posts.

This business owner needs a Business mentor.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
fix it the Apple way, just angle your head the other way so you can't see it anymore
Old 07-16-2010, 06:01 PM

2020 GLE450
Just from some brief interaction with Euroteck I realized that their customer service philosophy was not one that I shared (and that I think most people would agree with); cancelled my order for their products for that very reason.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Obviously this is just my 2 cents, but I had Euroteck's front lip and rear spoiler for over a year (the rear spoiler for almost two years) and never saw any peeling (except for when I of course scrapped the bottom of the front lip, but that's understandable). Everyone has different experiences with different products (an obvious truism). For example, I had my left muffler a little lower than my right when I got my car three weeks ago and it was brand new (even though I noticed on this forum most people's were almost 100% even). My point is that yes, sometimes products come out differently from the same manufacturer, but maybe this is because I am an attorney, I just think putting a company on blast (or even a company putting a customer on blast) before REALLY trying to resolve it privately can lead to legal issues that could have been avoided (lawsuits alleging slander, libel, fraud, negligence, violations of the warranty of merchantability, etc.).

I only say this because there are plenty of wholesalers (some of which are sponsors or well known companies) that I had issues with (mostly delivery time of their product) where I wanted to go crazy and just let off steam. Im not saying OP isnt within his rights to bring this issue out publicly, but I just wonder aloud if there is a way that (like another forum member mentioned) Neil could inspect the piece in question and try to determine whether there was an inherent defect or whether the product failed due to improper use.

But Im a douche, so what do I know!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Do you really not understand? Without any wax compounds, clear coat is basically a last defense. Adding more clear coat will only extend the time it takes for the original clear coat to lift after becoming contaminated. If you add wax, it seals the clear coat and contains anything from reaching the clear coat. With that being done, you will end up with a perfect finish.. something which the OP also fails to realize and has clearly shown that.
It must be because I don't speak "House Shill English," evidently the language of your choice. Perhaps that explains your condescending tone...trust me on this...contrary to what you think you have done Neal no favors.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Pay the $100. Get the part fixed. If anyone asks you (the OP) about your experience with Euroteck, say it was less-than-satisfactory.

End of story.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bhamg
It must be because I don't speak "House Shill English," evidently the language of your choice. Perhaps that explains your condescending tone...trust me on this...contrary to what you think you have done Neal no favors.
Forget it, BH. With his tone and name calling from the above posts, this is going nowhere.

Good point by Sebring.

I wish mopparbust was in here to see those pics.

DIOS: The body shop shouldn't charge you more than $100 to fix it. Sanding down the (INSERT WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL DAMAGE) and scuffing the rest of the panel shouldn't take more than .5. Also, the shop is shooting clear coat all day so there is no additional prep work to get the spray gun ready and mixing the clear with reducer. Good luck.

Last edited by Sincity; 07-16-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:27 PM

C204, W209, W164
Regardless of how it affects Neal or his company.. it's a public forum. I'm posting my opinion based on how this ordeal was made into a thread and what has been said. I wasn't looking to team up with him, nor did I look to do so with the OP. Based on what has presented to us thus far through this thread, I've simply come to my own conclusions considering nothing professionally has been done to finalize what went wrong. I personally could care less of any favors I may or may not have offered.. I'm not going to go cry about it.

It's cool that he PM'd me as well, obviously I've done something.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:29 PM

C63
Well I never imagined that all this would happen. Like I said all I wanted was to share my experience, gonna take it to a body shop begining of next week. I still beleive it was during the manufacturing process. Let you guys know what body shop thinks. My only issue is that Neal would not even entertain the thought that it could have been there fault, and automaticlly blamed me for improper care. Thanks for the outrageous amount of input lol.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I'm not going to take sides here as I don't know the details of each side of the story, but here is what I did with my diffuser....

When I bought my carbon fiber diffuser, I clear-filmed it right away. In fact, I had Neal ship the diffuser directly to Premier instead of to myself. I figured because of where the diffuser was located, it may become an easy target for rock chips, road debris, mud, water, sun, sand, rubber from some of those burn-outs at the track, and of course plenty other harsh materials on the road. And by the way, this is coming from a guy who gets his car (professionally) detailed at one of the best detailers in California once a week except on track days where it gets detailed before and after

I would not say it is a requirement for all diffusers, but definitely a good investment

Quick question: can the piece be clear-coated without having to take it off the car?
Old 07-16-2010, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Dios
Well I never imagined that all this would happen. Like I said all I wanted was to share my experience, gonna take it to a body shop begining of next week. I still beleive it was during the manufacturing process. Let you guys know what body shop thinks. My only issue is that Neal would not even entertain the thought that it could have been there fault, and automaticlly blamed me for improper care. Thanks for the outrageous amount of input lol.
You represent yourself AS WELL AS ANY OF US that could of came under the same circumstances. I would have done the same things you did, felt the same way you do-that this Neal guy is blowing you off and mocking you on a forum like your just a piece of Sh*t (posting laugh icons at the end of his sentences), and would of asked the same questions too. FOR GODS SAKE, it about a year old and there is NO LOSS AT ALL on the manufacturers part just to reach out to you as a customer and offer his help in ANY WAY. UN-*******G-BELIEVABLE.

THIS THREAD ABSOLUTELY BLOWS MY MIND. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HOW ITS BEING REPRESENTED HERE THE WAY IT IS...

As a business owner, I would invite you to my shop, fix it for free or offer a way to meet you half way or provide a refferal, and get you a voucher for a free blizzard just to put a smile back on your face...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-16-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:39 PM

C204, W209, W164
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Quick question: can the piece be clear-coated without having to take it off the car?
I would assume so. Just mask off the areas around it to make sure you don't get anything on the paint and what not. Although, for small gap areas such as where the diffuser meets the bumper, I'd imagine that would be a problem; I guess just spend a little bit of extra time making sure it's masked off perfectly.

--

Originally Posted by Sincity
Forget it, BH. With his tone and name calling from the above posts, this is going nowhere.
As you had said;

Originally Posted by Sincity
Thus you and I have our opinions.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow.. I'd love to see how you would run a business. I'm sure Blackc230 is better off having narrow minded a$$holes like you not purchasing their products anyways.
Opinions does not include calling people "a$$hole." But perhaps that is your opinion of that person. I'll leave that one alone.

I would assume so. Just mask off the areas around it to make sure you don't get anything on the paint and what not. Although, for small gap areas such as where the diffuser meets the bumper, I'd imagine that would be a problem; I guess just spend a little bit of extra time making sure it's masked off perfectly.

Inocrrect. You have to remove it from the car. If you tape it off and spray, the edges may eventually peel off and you have clear coat lift. When a shop properly paint the vehicle after repairs or doing a repaint, they have to R&I (remove and install) all trim. That goes the same for painting trim and ground effects. This is fact. If you wanted stuff masked off, go see Earl Scheib. Based on your response and advice to the R&I question, it is apparent to me that your experience in repair and refinish is minimal. I don't have any beef with you. I am just annoyed how the vendor is so adamant that the issues are caused by OP and yet the part hasn't been inspected by anyone. What would happen if OP had it inspected at a shop and they told him that it is clear coat failure and verifiable with the shop? How would that make the OP look?

Last edited by Sincity; 07-16-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 PM

C204, W209, W164
When one makes their verbal tone very apparent in their posting, I think it's safe to say that an opinion can very easily be placed on someone. Therefore, it wasn't really name calling to begin with, much rather a definitive thought.

Just to make it clear, I wasn't referring to refinishing an entire piece; be it a diffuser, lip, trunk spoiler, etc. Now whether or not that applies, I figure that with such a small area that needs a bit of touch up such as this, is it really necessary to remove it?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:21 PM

no more AMG
Originally Posted by DAK
I Can't believe the vendor is still participating in this thread and not just finalising the matter. For the sake of a $100 respray they could they could have kept a customer happy and their brand in check. They could have even split the cost 50%/50% with the customer which would have been at least an offer of support.

Instead they preferred to air the issue and debate the product on a public forum. No matter who is right or wrong this will turn customers off particularly given the tone of the posts.

This business owner needs a Business mentor.
Seriously... There are ways the business owner could have delt with this instead of insulting the OP. It's amazing to see that he thinks he's saving face right now
Old 07-16-2010, 10:10 PM

C63
Wow.. I'd love to see how you would run a business. I'm sure Blackc230 is better off having narrow minded a$$holes like you not purchasing their products anyways. Sometimes it's not about the money, but rather who the customers are and how they represent a company with their purchased products .. such as in this case.. and that's a good thing.

And out of curiosity, on your bikes.. do you go through car washes? And if you buy cheapest 'shaite', I wouldn't be surprised if it was either vinyl or just overlay.
so youre saying because this guys took HIS car into car washes, he is at fault? The part doesnt say "cant be brought through car washes" and im sure if the OP was made aware of this, he wouldnt have bought it. I can tell you for a fact, that you are going way overboard with the waxing issue. My dad has a f430, gallardo, quattraporte, and bentley gt and he has not a clue about the wax that is applied to cars. He goes through machine car washes. You think that if he wanted your product and that happened to him, he would be happy about it? No one would. Unless when everyone is buying your product, you make sure you tell them to wax it and not take it through those car washes. Common sense to any person is not that you need to wax cars a certain amount of time or that you shouldnt go through car washes. You cant assume that the average person in the world knows as much about cars as you do.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:18 PM

C204, W209, W164
Originally Posted by W204 C63
so youre saying because this guys took HIS car into car washes, he is at fault? The part doesnt say "cant be brought through car washes" and im sure if the OP was made aware of this, he wouldnt have bought it. I can tell you for a fact, that you are going way overboard with the waxing issue. My dad has a f430, gallardo, quattraporte, and bentley gt and he has not a clue about the wax that is applied to cars. He goes through machine car washes. You think that if he wanted your product and that happened to him, he would be happy about it? No one would. Unless when everyone is buying your product, you make sure you tell them to wax it and not take it through those car washes. Common sense to any person is not that you need to wax cars a certain amount of time or that you shouldnt go through car washes. You cant assume that the average person in the world knows as much about cars as you do.
I hope you know that most of what you just said has no relevance to this topic. I own quite a few exotics and classics to say the least. And as far as I'm concerned, neither mine, nor your fathers, are made entirely of carbon fiber exterior wise. Not only does he not have any carbon fiber products, but he also improperly takes care of his vehicles. That's really up to the owner. Those car washes will scratch the paint to ***** and leave swirl marks.. it's pretty obvious he's either A) Not a car enthusiast, and purchases vehicles based on 'status' that comes along with them B) Just doesn't care

Last edited by Infamouz; 07-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 PM

C63
I hope you know that most of what you just said has no relevance to this topic. I own quite a few exotics and classics to say the least. And as far as I'm concerned, neither mine, nor your fathers, are made entirely of carbon fiber exterior wise. Not only does he not have any carbon fiber products, but he also improperly takes care of his vehicles. That's really up to the owner. Those car washes will scratch the paint to ***** and leave swirl marks.. it's pretty obvious he's either A) Not a car enthusiast, and purchases vehicles based on 'status' that comes along with them B) Just doesn't care
wow after reading my post i realized i left out the most important part. He has various carbon fiber parts on everyone of his cars.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:34 PM

C204, W209, W164
Care to enlighten me? What does he have? And where are you located?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 PM

C63
I still fail to see why could not the vendor take care of the issue even if the user did or did not wax the part. It is purely good business and customer service to take care of it with a $100 check and recieve a raving review from the buyer instead of an attempt to ridicule the guy who already spent the money. Then they could announce a disclaimer for future reference that their particular product needs better care or more attention to maintenance.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:48 PM

2010 C63
WOW, incredible, I for one, will NEVER BUY EUROTECK parts, after reading this (it took a while LOL), I cannot believe the audacity of this Neil guy. I have owned an SL65, and had a Bumper conversion with a Brabus carbon lip that I owned for 2.5 years, not a single problem, no peeling, discoloration, nothing. I did not put on additional clearcoat or such either. I have also owned a 360 Modena with a Novitec kit and carbon rear diffuser I bought from CEC and had ZERO issues. Not to sound rude..But I do NOT agree with how this OP was/is being treated by Euroteck BAD product and customer service. Truely sad, becuase it all could have been avoided if he did not feel the need to "call" his customer out to the mat. Just my 0.2cents.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 PM

E46 M3, '09 C63
Wow, this thread is amazing! I actually read this more than other C63 related threads! haha! Weird how that works!

Personally, I have to say that I would side with the customer on this matter. I do understand that sometimes, there are customers who take advantage of the goodness of suppliers, and also customers who threat public humiliation of a supplier just to get what they want. However, I don't see that with this customer.

As a business owner, I too have had my share of complaints from customers, some I entertain and some I don't. One thing I have learned though, is that you will never win by disrespecting your customers in public, regardless if he is correct or not.

I agree that there could be many ways to fix this, and it is cheap enough, but I think that is not the point. The point is finding out the truth, and people being honest. These are important values that are often forgotten in this society.

As a wise man told me, stealing $1 and Stealing $1,000,000 is equally wrong.

My personal opinion on this matter, and of course we are all entitled to our own opinion is: Clear Coat should not fail in such a short period. The paint should be there to protect the material below, rather than people having to protect the paint. If I buy a product and was told that I need to wax it so often, and not wash it in car washes and so on, I would just not buy the product period! So even if the customer truly did not maintain it properly, I believe it is the suppliers responsibility to have disclosed the proper care information before selling the product...just like how many things we buy have instruction manuals to properly disclose care instructions. With that regard, I hope the supplier would man up by fixing this problem, and including proper care instruction on all future shipments.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:48 PM

E46 M3, '09 C63
The supplier of my CF splitter in my old BMW, even told me that I could bring it in anytime to have it re-finished due to age and scrapes on steep driveways, simply because he did not want his name on a crappy looking product. Albeit being overboard, I think that somewhere in the middle of these 2 opposite levels of customer support is what is fair.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear coat coming off on Euroteck diffuser.