DPE WHEELS OR HRE WHEELS???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Go with the HRE. Mine are very light and don't forget Forgeline, they are light also.
between those two choices....go with HRE
i would say check out Forgeline also . i can tell you from first hand experience that Forgeline makes great wheels at a great price .
Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Palmball
These Rennen R8 Concaves look fabulous...has anyone used this brand before?

OMG please stay away they are a joke . Wheels are true for lack of better word "CRAP" !! worst finish and quality i have ever seen !
Old 07-30-2010, 11:56 AM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
PM sent to OP with info.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Honestly, I've had HRE and DPEs in the past and both are of the highest quality. You really can't go wrong with either and yes, with HREs, the price adjustment is 80% in the name brand, but that's important to some. And it's not like DPE is a slacker in that category either. I just received my 22" DPE SP-16s recently with exposed rivets and it's top quality stuff.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan
for me its the shape of the spokes are. if you look closely its has more clear and clean cut lines vs. the dpe so this will give you a stronger look to your wheels.

and it will look bigger too

Eugene
The lines are cut that way on purpose, just like the pockets they cut in between the spokes. It's to reduce overall weight. I like the HRE clean cut lines also, but it comes down to what you want, style or performance.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Econobox
Originally Posted by alqamzi
Nobody answered my question??
why hre because of the name??
I want to know because am leaning towards dpe because of the hidden hardware!!
So to answer your question about "why HRE".

Very quickly, if you would like to SEE why HRE, we are having an Open House this Saturday at 7:30 at our facility. Send me an email for more details.

Here at HRE we build everything in house. All of our wheels are engineered, machined, finished, and assembled under the same roof. We use proprietary forging designs that allow us to engineer the best wheels possible to maximize strength and reduce weight. Most US wheel "manufacturers" use off the shelf forgings that are machined by a third party machine shop and are simply assembled at their location. By keeping all these processes in house it allows us to build a wheel with unmatched quality.

We are also very proud to be a TUV Verified company. Striving to achieve our TUV verification has forced us to continually improve our processes and our product. Our TUV number is available on our website. Many manufacturers claim to test to TUV Standards (The highest in the world), but they are simply not TUV Verified companies so their procedures and testing are not defined by TUV.

If you are looking for an extremely lightweight wheel, I would recommend our Comp 90 Series. Everything about the Comp Series was designed to reduce weight and increase lateral load capabilities. The 790R, while light by industry standards, is what we consider a high performance street wheel. It is designed to perform exceptionally well on any of today's supercars and can withstand moderate track duty. This wheel has been over 240 mph at the Texas Mile.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call me directly. If you are ever in San Diego, please call me and I will give you a tour of our facility.

Thank you for considering HRE for your wheel needs.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Not to steal your post but I am selling this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ts-cls-sl.html

Let me know.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
You r the first to say dpe
BUt why?
Because Ive never seen DPE's on a C63 before. lol
Old 07-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I truly do recommend that anyone near or planning to go to San Diego to visit HRE. The facility is amazing. And it is just incredible to see how they do everything in house and are fully self sufficient. Once you see the facility and see how they do things, it is really hard to put your money to any other wheel.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I truly do recommend that anyone near or planning to go to San Diego to visit HRE. The facility is amazing. And it is just incredible to see how they do everything in house and are fully self sufficient. Once you see the facility and see how they do things, it is really hard to put your money to any other wheel.
Or for those who are unable to attend or are just lazy() there's a youtube version of this tour. lol!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by JamE55
Or for those who are unable to attend or are just lazy() there's a youtube version of this tour. lol!
Figures, I knew you would come up with an excuse not to leave your house!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I thought HRE doesn't do everything in house? I remember a posting on 6speed where HRE outlined their manufacturing process including having their forging outsourced to another company. Nothing wrong with that as they outsource to a high quality shop to make their wheels, but just saying other companies also outsource their forging to the same company. However, their QC is top notch and really have nothing bad to say about them. Like I said, OP you'll be equally happy with either.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
I thought HRE doesn't do everything in house? I remember a posting on 6speed where HRE outlined their manufacturing process including having their forging outsourced to another company. Nothing wrong with that as they outsource to a high quality shop to make their wheels, but just saying other companies also outsource their forging to the same company. However, their QC is top notch and really have nothing bad to say about them. Like I said, OP you'll be equally happy with either.
I think HRE does everything now from them receiving the actual forged disc. Most other wheel companies outsource their entire process (not all but, a large amount of them), from finishing to cutting, a lot of wheel companies just use a machine shop to cut their wheels for them and buy the rest of the parts from other companies, then send them out to get finished.
I think HRE now also makes the inner barrels too? However I may be wrong, but I am sure Guy @ HRE will correct me if I am wrong. One other thing I know that HRE does right is the testing of the wheel. Most other wheel companies do not test or barley test their wheel designs. I know HRE's testing is 2nd to none. And it is actually amazing their are not more wheel failures out there from some of the smaller name companies.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM

10 C63
If I'm not mistaken, DPE/iForged/JLine and many of these other bargain wheel manufacturer's source their barrels from taiwan (dirty cheap and not the best of quality).

HRE actually cuts their barrels from blocks on their premises. I avoid most US based wheel manufacturing companies because you never know where they source their parts from and turn around and charge a premium

Now Volks, Works, Advans, NEEZ are wheels you can count on in terms of reliability and quality and you know they don't source out important parts like the barrel.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Set number 8 ordered yesterday from HRE for my incoming W212 E63:

Form
Function (comps in 20's weigh 21lbs)
Service
Quality
Options
Originality

Yes they are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

This message was approved by Vic55.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Vic55

Form
Service
Quality
Options
Originality

All that and most importantly they are TUV approved .........since I'm German, I know how rigorous their testing is
Old 07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

Form
Service
Quality
Options
Originality

Vic55 for President!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by pdjafari
HRE actually cuts their barrels from blocks on their premises. I avoid most US based wheel manufacturing companies because you never know where they source their parts from and turn around and charge a premium

Now Volks, Works, Advans, NEEZ are wheels you can count on in terms of reliability and quality and you know they don't source out important parts like the barrel.
Agree with your list, but I would add BBS to it also, plus a select few others.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, BMW 135i

Rims are so subjective and always painstaking to choose, in fact I find it on par with deciding on the colour of the car.

My criteria is to have the basic design I like in mind, followed by ease of cleaning and maintenance, quality of finish, reliability and performance with top notch backup service in case you ever need it.

Ticking all these boxes usually leads me to a big name brand (you get what you pay for) and I’ve found HRE fills these requirements equal to most and better than many.

My Comp93’s are now 12 months old and the finish on them is as good as the day I received them, I can’t say the same for many other brands I’ve tried. When you can easily pick up a rim with two fingers and the delivery courier asks you what’s in the boxes as they are so light, it brings a smile to your face.

I’ve not tried DPE but there have been some other outstanding manufacturers named in this tread and they all would do a great job. Decide which style you prefer most and see which of the highly regarded manufacturer’s best fits your needs.

The cost of high end rims is not cheap and I’d prefer to spend mine knowing what I’m getting rather than crossing my fingers and hoping for luck.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

geezus Vic, balling out of control once again For you? Or the wife got tired of the ISF?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned

Econobox
We receive our raw material (unmachined forging) from one of the best suppliers in the world. This is the same company responsible for the factory forged wheels on vehicles such as the Ferrari 458, Mercedes SLS, Mercedes SL65 and CLK63 Black, Aston Martin DBS, Lambo Superleggera and Audi R8

Many wheel companies can acquire 6061 T6 Forged Components. That's the relatively easy part, although I can assure you, not all 6061 is equal. It's the engineering and machining once you have said forging that really starts to distinguish the true manufacturers. BBS and Rays are great companies and you will not hear anyone at HRE say otherwise.

Just so we are clear, HRE does not do any chrome or custom paint in house. Chrome will probably never be brought in house for a number of reasons. Custom paint will eventually be brought in house, but it is such a small portion of our business compared to our in house powder coated finishes that it really doesn't make sense at this time.

Again I invite anyone to attend our Open House tomorrow from 7:30 until 11:30am. Our address is on line at http://www.hrewheels.com

Vic....I can't wait to see this beast

Oh....this JUST showed up at HRE for the show tomorrow. HRE 17" C70's with Gold Powder Coated Centers and Gloss Black Powder Coated Outers.
Attached Thumbnails DPE WHEELS OR HRE WHEELS???-rmr-hre-2.jpg.jpg   DPE WHEELS OR HRE WHEELS???-rmr-hre.jpg.jpg  
Old 07-31-2010, 12:52 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
I went with dpe wheels. I got sold when i saw these pic's

Old 07-31-2010, 04:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
That's a nice car, it even has our Viper 2pc rotors we make on it!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:21 AM

2011 cayenne turbo ,2010 750 li,2010 c63, 2008 ml63,2008 lx570, 2006 modded f150
i would recommend the hre mono-block. they are lighter. i have them on my car and i can feel the diffarence on the track.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, BMW 135i

They are definitely a nice rim.

Just my opinion but that narrow gap between the spokes and the outer would be the perfect collection points for dirt, brake dust and road grime and therefore be a nightmare to keep clean. I’d be concerned about staining and then not being able to get at the area to be able to polish it out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DPE WHEELS OR HRE WHEELS???