C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I DON'T EVEN CARE, BUT NO VALET FOR ME, EVER...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
burgers = FAIL for "upscale"
Old 08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
congrats!

Originally Posted by The Von
I would have to agree with you, premium parking spots. Over here this is near the building you are going to and there is always a security guard no more than 20m away.
We went to Siloam Hospital the other day and the valet and the security guards were soooo helpful. We had to spend a few days there, birth of our daughter, I was able to stay with my wife as they had spare beds for spouses. The car was well looked after and they even gave it a wash before they brought it to us when we were ready to leave. No charge.
Congratulations! Though during the birth of a child, parking is usually a non-issue. You only think of it later.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
burgers = FAIL for "upscale"
LOL. Semi-decent was the key there. Common, I know you guys have been to those types of places that come across as the RuthChris or the Capital Grill or the Mortons or Flemmings of burger joints....you know, the burgers with the truffel oil and the brie...yeah you know. You know exactly what I'm talking about...

Common, you know...I know you know...

By the way, if I ever saw anyone doing something to a car I paid for from that video, I would be typing this from the prison internet station in the maximum detention library.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 08-06-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
lol, RuthChris is Awesome!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
LOL. Semi-decent was the key there. Common, I know you guys have been to those types of places that come across as the RuthChris or the Capital Grill or the Mortons or Flemmings of burger joints....you know, the burgers with the truffel oil and the brie...yeah you know. You know exactly what I'm talking about...

Common, you know...I know you know...

By the way, if I ever saw anyone doing something to a car I paid for from that video, I would be typing this from the prison internet station in the maximum detention library.
hahaha--yeah we know
Old 08-06-2010, 05:17 PM

C63
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
You know it was crazy, when I brought the car into the dealership for a CEL the first week, I won't mention any names, they hung this huge metal cup-holder looking thing from the passenger window to hold my key while the serviced it.

I'm talking a HUGE steel window cup holder liable to scratch the window and the paint if it fell...

I don't get it...even stealerships freak me out...
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
I agree 100%, I don't even trust the dealership.
You shouldn't.

Shortly after picking up my brand new car, I went in to check a clicking noise (which turned out to be from the floating caliper) and get a part replaced. In one trip to, this well known dealer gifted me with:

1) black grease all over the light light light gray leather.

2) a nice gash in the 'chrome' of my brand new key.

3) lovely new trash in my car (dirty, empty coke bottle--I don't drink soda).

4) I watched the car wash guys hit the orange buckets they use for soap/water with my brand new car.

There was more, but I don't remember it all right now.

And let's not talk about the time at another well known dealer, when a tech was filling this car's tires with air and kept trying to whip the air compressor under and around the back of the car. He ended up taking a small chunk out of the rear diffuser, right in front of me. Oblivious ape didn't even flinch. I don't think he even noticed.

Even better was the oblivious SA who walked up to this car with paperwork, put the paperwork on the roof of the car and proceeded to ask the tech questions about a car from earlier in the day while writing down the tech's answers in pen, using the car's roof as the most expensive clipboard ever.

They don't give a flying **** about your car. Or my car. Or how much you paid or how hard you worked for it. That's the sad truth. But I always make them rectify it.

My favorite was the brand new SLR in the showroom that had been "detailed" so badly so many times the spider webby scratches in the paint were all you would notice. I should have known not to let the car wash guys touch it after seeing that...

Last edited by Questions; 08-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:42 PM

future W204 owner
Originally Posted by black-clk500

I actually found myself laughing quite a few times during that video.
Thankfully, I'll never valet my C63, it's not a DD for me so it will only travel to places I can park it myself.

the 911 and the Maserati made me pissed because you know those guys would freak
i agree i did laugh a few times, but i would kill one of these guys if i caught them doing that. this video will remind me to never valet

check out this video. yea yea it is of a bmw but it is kind of crazy to see what valets do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-xGWFy5n2o

Last edited by Cartman; 08-06-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:29 PM

2011 C63, 1999 C280
Just have the valet park it up front, right there. Problem solved. I have to valet my car every day, and they just leave it out front.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:38 PM

c63 amg
Originally Posted by tasho3
they should've made a valet key for our cars, that would allow it to only rev up to 3k rpm and only up to 45mph and start off in second gear like it does in comfort mode
they sould but a valet program that you can select in the setting of the car. Sort of a reverse sport button. Revs limited at 2000 rpm and max speed 20 mph or 30 mph.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
I usually give the valet guy $20 just to leave the car in front of any establishment that I know on top of the costs of parking.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:34 AM

1998 S500L AMG, Black, Bulletproof, ML 55AMG
Thanks, GMW. I just picked up the car from aMB dealer here after getting the central locking looked at. While waiting, free coffee etc, i had a look around the showroom. when the valet returned my car, it was spotless. They cleaned the interior and gave it a wash, free of charge. Great service, they really look after the cars here.