Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limp Mode on Highway!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tesla 3, E30, CayenneS
This hasn't happened in my C63 yet, but several years ago when I had a SLK320, this happened to me a handful of times. I remember the pedal would just stop working. I could floor it and nothing. Oddly enough the cruise control function would work. So if I was on the highway I just used cruise control till I could safely exit or get on the side and put the car in park restart the car and it would be fine. Since cruise worked I knew it was something wrong with the pedal assembly. Maybe you should test it next time it happens.

It happened maybe twice on the highway and once while I was making a left turn which scared the crap out of me. I had the car for 4 years and it happened to me 3 times. I remember reporting it to the dealer and they said they would "check it out" but never reported anything. That issue was one of the main reasons I got rid of that car, I hope it isn't something that happens often in my C63 or we really need to take some action.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Where did you hear of a car with the Kleemann or RENNtech tune experiencing this problem? I posted a my own observation in another thread.

Here's my quote:
I've read it here but having issues finding out which post. Mostly people mentionning issues, but not necessairly a dedicated thread. Renntech for sure, maybe not Kleemann.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
I've punched my car WOT many times from 60,70,80 and have not had any issues. I currently have 683 miles on the car.