4 Those of you who actually followed break-in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by SL63AMG
I mean i understand i have a warranty. I also have health insurance, but i'm not going to smoke 10 packs a day just to use it. I read somewhere here that people were breaking-in their cars longer and just wanted to clarify, Since i've already come this far at 1047 miles. Might as well follow through and do it right.
With that analogy you might as well break in your car during your entire ownership duration.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
996tt Protomotive, C63
Hans, You are the man. Thanks. It makes sense.
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Lotus sells cars to enthusiasts like us. They trust that their owners understand and care for engines and thus they print detailed break-in instructions in their manuals. This is for a 2005 Elise but you might be interested as I think it applies to any engine. The Lotus ECU also logs everything you do so when you go in for your break-in service, they can tell whether you followed the procedure.... hey, it's right there in the manual!

BTW, you see the scribbles around this area of the manual. That was done by our Lotus dealer.

Happy motoring!

Old 08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Move on already...!

Follow the sticker in the winder for 1000 miles like it says and enough said!! It's only to cover MB asses and its overkill as it is!!

ENOUGH!!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 AMG
I LOVE THIS GOD DAMN CAR. I went for a spirited run today through the twisties and it was amazing. The tq and planted feel of the car. I gave it some WOT runs from 1st to about 90, but couldn't tell when i was shifting all i know is i shifted when my gauge cluster went red. Is there a way to set when your cluster goes red or is it auto set? I went by a golf course and punched it and everyone who was playing stopped and turned around haha. In the end i'm glad i broke it in for peace of mind. Thanks guys even the ones who disagreed. It would be a boring forum if we all agreed apon the same things.