Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG (Iridium Silver)
newbie questions (re- iphone4, and S mode)

Hello all,

I've finally purchased C63 last sunday and now having fun with it.

I have some questions for you guys. I've been trying to upload the contact lists from my iphone4 but somehow it doesn't work. I've searched and some people suggested to use old phone for solely uploading contact lists to car but it still didn't work. How did you guys with iphone 4 have solved this thing? Any help would be really appreciated.

Now I have about 700 miles on my car and been using only C mode. When did you guys start to swith C to S and drive? Should I give about 1000 miles/break in before driving under S mode?

Thank you for your kind advices and enjoy driving

Last edited by 451HP; 08-15-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
As far as your iphone, I believe that you may connect on a 2010, then use the screen and upload contacts with the function that says import contacts. I think it directs you fairly easily.

You can use any mode you like. You don't have be so nervous and sacared to drive your car. There are certian percautions, where if followed, you car will be fine. Just dont kickdown or rev past 4500 rpm in the first 1000 miles. Any mode is really fine, just dont over do the transmission early. It's mainly for the transmission. Remember, these cars go through INSANE EXTENSIVE and HARD CORE testing in EXTREME conditions before they are produced. Our driving is merely 1/10 of that extreme torture.

Follow the sticker in the upper left windshield. Thats it.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG (Iridium Silver)
Thanks for your reply.

But it seems not as straight forward to upload whole contact lists from iphone to car. I read some post saying apple reduced its bluetooth capabilities?

Here is another post that forum member suggested. Do we really need to purchase "Bluetooth File Transfer' from the market???

"Get "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the market, go to Contacts and there should be an option to export to SD Card when use the menu button. Once exports to SD Card, go to Bluetooth File Transfer. In the car, go to the phone menu and there is an option to import business card files or something like that. Choose that and then from Bluetooth File Transfer you can send that file to the car... it will upload all of your contacts."