Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is this car so cheap???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
996tt Protomotive, C63
I hope these people' sad stories will help someone here not getting ripp-off. (There are tons more at following link.)
http://www.google.com/support/forum/...9dc5236c&hl=en

I wired $19,000 to Google Checkout to buy a vehicle. And no vehicle? how do I get my money back? Report abuse
mettie21 Level 1
3/31/10

I wired $19,000 to Google Checkout to buy a vehicle. I haven’t received it and this is day 12. I checked with the DMV to see about the VIN and it isn’t even titled in this guy’s name.

This is the invoice number – can you please help me get my money back?
I got a Google Checkout Payment Invoice

I have tried to contact Google Checkout and they have no phone system and no one to talk to. This was a scam and on the Google Checkout site, it says that it protects you from fraud.

Please, help me get my money back from Google checkout or where ever it is.
June 5th 2010, Same guy, Daniel Schultz, Lawyer out of Washington State (bull****) selling 2008 BMW M3 convertible (Gloucester VA), with car fax. The car fax was legit, as I ran the vin through my local BMW dealer. Mileage and all service was correct. Wired $32K to Google Check out. Drove 13 hrs to Va, he never showed to listed address. Went to listed address and spoke to home owner who knew nothing, Contacted Google Check out and have replies saying my $32K will be wired back in 24 hrs. Now 72 hrs have passed with ZERO responses. Sent dozens of emails to google support but not one reply.

I filed FBI report. Money was supposed to go to Chase Bank Costa Mesa Ca Coastline Automotivbe Account name. Anyone else have that bank as send to for wire?
Let me know if anyone is successful with refunds.
Thanks
george

Last edited by aroonkl; 09-02-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:16 AM

996tt Protomotive, C63

andrea20 Level 1
7/24/10

My husband and I became victims of this scam today. My husband came across an amazing deal, or so we thought, on a 2006 Mercedes CLS55 AMG and he inquired about it since he knew that I love this car. The seller who identified himself as Ronald Cross was in constant contact with my husband by both phone and emails. Mr Cross stated that he was an attorney that was on a business trip in Washington (his cell number also had a Washington area code) and that he would be back in a few days........Long story short, we wired $30K into his BofA Bank account under the impression that this was being monitered by Google Checkout and as we all know now, that is not the case. Too little too late! When my husband went to pick up the car today in Torrance, there was no one to meet him and now of course Mr Cross is no longer available or returning any calls or emails. Fortunately for us, the wire was sent from our bank to BofA yesterday and my husband was able to confirm with the branch where the wire was sent that the money was still in the account. My guess is that Mr Cross is sitting somewhere oversees and is going to try to wire the funds to his oversees account on Monday when the Fed Reserves resumes business. We have been in contact with the Fraud dept at both our bank, which is Chase, and BofA. We were instructed to call back first thing Monday morning to have the account at BofA frozen due to Fraud. Hopefully we can intercept the outgoing wire and stop this jerk from REALLY taking our money. We have enough to prove it was fraud so hopefully if we can get the account frozen, we can maybe get our money back. I am really not going to hold my breath though.

I really want to be a part of any investigations or lawsuits to catch these jerks. I am also really disappointed to hear that Google Checkout has known about this type of scam since 2009 and they are not doing anything to stop this or help prosecute those that victimize people like this. If anyone has information about attorneys or government officials we can contact about this, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is rubenandrea@verizon.net.

Thanks!!

Abbo30 Level 1
7/19/10

To MONAMILAR, we are intrested in this!! My husband and I lost 17K!! Does your lawyer think you have a case??? My email is nabbadessa@stny.rr.com if you want to respond that way!
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
minebelk Level 1
8/12/10

What is going on with this type of scam is wrong. I just got scammed out of $12,200. I have notified autotrader, with no reponse. Sent letters to Google corporate offices- no reponse. Filed a complaint with the attorney generals office as well as local law enforcement. Mailing out my complaint to Illinois attorney general ( where the funds were taken from) and the FBI. The bank that received the funds is not being helpful at all. I also have a private investigator I might use as well. My question to all of you is, has anyone thought about filing a lawsuit against autotrader or google since neither one of them seem interested in stopping this. I know I would not have used google checkout if I didn't know google was a well known name and I felt safe going through them. I am going to put a case together and find an attorney willing to take it on. Has anyone else started this process?

Last edited by aroonkl; 09-02-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by aroonkl
Felicia will suck you dry buddy.
see? I told you guys she was hot

aroonkl, you obviously missed the sarcasm dripping from my post.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:43 PM

1998 BMW 323 c
Same Reply Letter - Different Car

I got the same response to an add for a 2007 G55 with 16k miles asking $35k. Thought this was too good to be true. When/if he gets back to me I will see how long I can keep him going.

Hello Steve,
The car is still for sale. The asking price is $35,000. It is located in San Rafael, CA and the VIN is WDCYR71E77X168158 . The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. I've attached photos and the carfax report. If you have any questions regarding the car just let me know!
I had a buyer offering $37,000 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash it's either the car or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 7-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me.

If you are still interested and have cash just send me your Google id (
www.GoogleCheckout.com) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.
I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Look forward hearing from you.
Robert Shapiro
Old 10-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no more AMG
Originally Posted by Sketter
I got the same response to an add for a 2007 G55 with 16k miles asking $35k. Thought this was too good to be true. When/if he gets back to me I will see how long I can keep him going.

Hello Steve,
The car is still for sale. The asking price is $35,000. It is located in San Rafael, CA and the VIN is WDCYR71E77X168158 . The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. I've attached photos and the carfax report. If you have any questions regarding the car just let me know!
I had a buyer offering $37,000 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash it's either the car or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 7-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me.

If you are still interested and have cash just send me your Google id (www.GoogleCheckout.com) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.
I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Look forward hearing from you.
Robert Shapiro
Robert Shapiro is the standard internet scamming name. This guy sells everything from cars, sweepstakes, and ****.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
This stuff has been going on in Europe for years now, the wierd thing is that the replys are all written almost word for word. Never ever wire transfer money, never, thats the worst thing you could do.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:23 PM

2006 C230 Sport
Ill never buy a car over the internet. The other day i saw a 2008 BMW 550i on craigslist. Ad said 48,XXX miles, Showroom condition, Fully loaded. I went to go look at the car. It had several scratches, I went to start the car, It showed 78,XXX miles and it went back down to 48,000. The confronted the dealer and he said if you dont like the car, you dont have to buy it. The dealership was ALL CITY AUTO SALES on hempstead ave in queens. Beware of these thieves.