Why is this car so cheap???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Why is this car so cheap???

Out of curiosity, why are these two cars priced so low, is it a typing error or?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Old 08-30-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c63, 2011 GT500
If the black one is for real i will buy it right now.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
They're scams.. or simply there to waste your time.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Infamouz
They're scams.. or simply there to waste your time.
why would someone spend money to advertise cars "just to waste your time"
Old 08-31-2010, 12:33 AM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Couple of possible reasons from needing cash fast, getting one debt off their books (the price might be the payoff), fishing for interest, etc.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:45 AM

C204, W209, W164
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
Whatever fee, (if any at all), will at most be a couple bucks. Most of the guys who post these ad's seek that you pay them some type of 'deposit' money, and surely enough there are ways that they end up with your money and you with nothing.

But not to say all of those are scams, the legitimate ones are usually people who are desperate for some quick cash to pay off various necessities, debt, or something of the sort.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 AM

996tt Protomotive, C63
Sometime they get lucky when newbies tranfer them money to buy car. They ran away with free cash. BEWARE.
This will be the scene.
"My business needs some cash flow. So I would let this car go at big discount price. I am away from country but I assign Ebay Escrow(or Google or some big name so you will belive.) to do transaction. Escrow will ship the car to you. You have one week to decide if you are satisfied with the car. If not, send it back and there is no expense to you. If you like it, Escrow will release the fund for me."
If you trf money, there is a guarantee that you will be sorry.
BTW:There is no real Ebay Escrow. They will make up names of branch, manager and tel number. Lure you to contact and trf money.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:48 AM

09 c63
cheap price

If it wasn't a scam, they would have kept the licence plates visable.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by CRAZY
ehhh, the vin is disclosed!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Well, one is in VA, and one PA.... Descriptions seem a little short (most individual sellers espouse the wonders of the C63.. those just state the options and thats about it.), no picture of the dash and odometer reading which most people with low mileage cars do as well. The white one does not even mention after market rims, which would seem like something you want to make note of... unless they are cheap crap.

I'm not saying its a scam, but things do look fishy. But like someone else said, could be the payoff amount on the loan and they are just trying to unload the cars for whatever reason... I would address these ads with caution, but if they are for real, they are sweet deals (I would have jumped on either of them... heh, I paid $50k for my CPO with 14k on the odometer... 15k is a big difference and worth a little investigating.)
Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I would agree this sounds like a scam because if they can't afford the payments, they can trade the car and get at least 38K and downgrade to a smaller vehicle and still get cash in their pocket.
Just like others siad above, you can inquire but if they ask for any deposit, then that is your clue it is not real.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:52 PM

2010 C63
I've seen similar too-good-to-be-true pricing on different vehicles on craigslist. I guess the first thing to know is how long these cars have been listed. I think it's a safe bet that these would be sold at those fire-sale prices within a week. Regardless, if it sounds too good to be true......
Old 08-31-2010, 07:04 PM

996tt Protomotive, C63
Sometimes they even use pics they steal from internet. Months ago there was one red Porsche GT2 at Autotrader for very low price. Members at 6sp forum recognized the car and pm'ed the real owner. He had no idea about the sale whatever. Someone used his pics as scam. They got Vin and License Plate everything. He reported to Autotrader. It pulled off the list.
Originally Posted by CRAZY
Old 08-31-2010, 07:08 PM

996tt Protomotive, C63
To find out is easy. Send them email say you are interested. You want to see the car, test drive and buy it. If they start a story as I put earlier, it is a scam.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 PM

no more AMG
Thiefs in SF and Oakland were advertising cars at a very low price and asking for cash only at the time of sale. When the people showed up, they robbed them. Sounds stupid, but several people fell for it.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 AM

c63
fake, bottom one stole my vin
Old 09-01-2010, 01:41 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by NickZag
Thiefs in SF and Oakland were advertising cars at a very low price and asking for cash only at the time of sale. When the people showed up, they robbed them. Sounds stupid, but several people fell for it.
Doesn't surprise me at all. There are a lot of people that say and/or do things that I can't fathom a human being, with a fully functional brain, would ever consider doing and/or saying...
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by vtecsti
Doesn't surprise me at all. There are a lot of people that say and/or do things that I can't fathom a human being, with a fully functional brain, would ever consider doing and/or saying...
I believe they are called criminals for a reason
Old 09-01-2010, 01:13 PM

2010 c63,09 CaymanS,08 VW Touaregv10tdi,99vette hardtop,Triumph1050Tiger,Kaw,klr 650
Thats where I found my 2010 C63 (cars.com)
New for $56***
I thought it might be a scam but was real. Astorg Motors in WV.
They had two C63s exactly the same...msrp $68,705
Their advertised sales price..$56,***
As of yesterday, the other is still on the showroom floor.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by NickZag
one in Virginia is from Richmond, probably also a scam...
Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 PM

C63 AMG
I wrote them just for sheets
Me: I will give you your asking price if I can pick it up this weekend. I can meet Saturday around noon.

Their reply:
Hello,
The car is still for sale. The asking price is $35,000.00 .It is located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and the VIN is WDDGF77X59F258782.
The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car just let me know! I had a buyer offering $39,000 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash it's either the car or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 7-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me.If we reach an agreement, I am willing to take care of the shipping on my expense to your address because for the moment I don't have time for a meeting.If you have cash just send me your Google id (www.GoogleCheckout.com) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.

I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Look forward hearing from you,

Felicia
Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Should get some undercover or reserve cop to throw some heat on these guys....meet them with some heat, tell them the money's in the trunk, see what happens.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
I have seen these scams on craigslist, they are either out to steal your money or get your email address and sell it..... If it is too good to be true it usually is.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by squigmang
I wrote them just for sheets
Me: I will give you your asking price if I can pick it up this weekend. I can meet Saturday around noon.

Their reply:
Hello,
The car is still for sale. The asking price is $35,000.00 .It is located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and the VIN is WDDGF77X59F258782.
The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car just let me know! I had a buyer offering $39,000 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash it's either the car or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 7-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me.If we reach an agreement, I am willing to take care of the shipping on my expense to your address because for the moment I don't have time for a meeting.If you have cash just send me your Google id (www.GoogleCheckout.com) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.

I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Look forward hearing from you,

Felicia
so what's wrong with this her reply? Felicia (i bet she's hot) is in a jam and needs cash. If i needed the car i'd be all over this deal.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:44 AM

996tt Protomotive, C63
Felicia will suck you dry buddy. It is a scam. After you contact Google check out, it will ask you to trf money. Sound ligit but it is not. There will be a con man answers your phone and claims to be Google check out personal. After you wire trf. to its Bank Acc, say Goodbye to your $.
You won't believe how many fail for this. Just search something on "Ebay merchant" , some Google Merchant or Checkout scam.
so what's wrong with this her reply? Felicia (i bet she's hot) is in a jam and needs cash. If i needed the car i'd be all over this deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why is this car so cheap???