Sponsored by:

Light the Night / Mini-meet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
Light the Night / Mini-meet?

hey guys, on September 19th the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is holding a cancer walk at Angels Stadium in the OC. Its called "Light the Night" and its a pretty chill event. A 2 mile walk to honor survivors and those we have lost by walking with balloons lit from the inside.

This is my 2nd year in a row participating in a LLS event, last year it was held at UCLA and my team (Team Unbreakable) joined forces with another friends team (Team For Life) and we raised over $2,500. This year I have loftier goals and am hoping for $3,000 (with $1,605 so far) on my own. Team For Life is set up for their event in October at Griffith Park that I unfortunately will not be able to attend.

I was hoping to garner some support from our community here and see if anybody wanted to contribute to a great cause. The LLS can use every dollar donated to help with the fight against blood cancers. This can also be an awesome chance to get some of the SoCal C63s together (and broader if the idea catches on) for a meet in the process.

Please take a moment to check out my teams website and support us in anyway you can.

Any questions/comments feel free to contact me.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ocie/...10/Unbreakable

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some general info on the walk:

Date: September 19, 2010.
Distance is 2 miles.
Registration starts at 4:30pm
Opening Ceremonies are at 6:30.
Walk starts at 7pm.

Last edited by Unbreakable1; 09-03-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
wow...0 support - not even a reply

good to know

edit:

i did not expect anybody to break the bank in support...but anybody who has been affected by cancer in any way understands the value of support - and to see absolutely none (in ANY form) from this "community," i guess its just more disappointing than anything else

Last edited by Unbreakable1; 09-07-2010 at 01:48 PM.