Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by eurotechperf
Hi guys,

Happy to be with you in this forum to talk about our product......and answer to some questions....

Our system is shorty headers, like the original Mercedes Benz headers but with a very diferent design to improve flow. Nothing comparable with the design of the very nice MBH Tri-Ys . We have made a lot of test and of course the tri Y design gave us better top HP but if you want to improve torque al low and mid rpm on your 63, our design works very well and it's what a lot of our costumers are searching here in Europe, because i's in this range of RPM that they are using their 63 99% of the time..... I am sure an MBH tri Y sistem will make more top HP than our system because we test this design too but our sistem is a good compromise for an every day car and we make always more than 100 hp over the stock C63 with our ECU and headers. I think at this level of power, it's quite imposible to feel 10 or 20 hp more, but you always can feel a litle more torque at 3000 rpm....
It's the reason why we did'nt wanted to make a race exhaust system for the 63 because we think there is some very, very nice stuff on the market , like MBH for exemple. We wanted to make a real bolt-on system (we send our system in a wood box in 6 pieces, with all OE gaskets, brackets and bolts), very reliable, with 3 diferents options for the cat (100, 200 or none). You have no need to cut, weld or modify anything in the car . The system is designed to fit both LHD and RHD and you have 4 billet stainless steel 304 ball-flanges to ajust perfectly the system in the car....I will put pictures here this week end...
Thank you guys, and sorry for my poor english....but i'm sure it will better after spending more time with you......
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the information.

Regarding the cats, you send all three options or does the customer
select which option?

Can the cats be swapped in and out? For example, for track use I would
like to take out the 200's for no cats.

Please post pics of the headers.

Last edited by PetroC63; 09-10-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLEEMANN headers with down pipes and high-flow cats are $2800.00 for all M156 engines. ECU flash AND headers (K2) are $3995.00. I'm no math major, but that's not "way more than $4K".

Originally Posted by C63_dude
It includes the Headers also...! If you look at evo-sport, kleemann or so they charge way more than 4000 dollars and their products needs cutting and welding.... My C63 now has 566 horsepower with this headers system and a Eurotech ECU tune.... I think it is cheap for the quality and the HP-gain I got.... It seems like you only think it is the exhaust I payed for and not the headers also....? It came with OE nuts, bolts, gasket, clamps etc. Bolt-on. No questions asked. And Eurotech Performance is making bolt-on systems for a lot of mercedes now...I will definitely recommend this to any body.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Thank you...
The customer choose the exhaust system with the cat he wants and of course he can order his system with a pair of cats and a pair of pipes that you can swap in only 10 minutes....
I will put pics this week end....no problem
Thanks for the response.

Can't wait for the pictures.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Good to see you will be in SEMA to present your product. The 2.0 seems a bit low because the book time to remove and replace the OEM manifolds is 2.5 per side for a total of 5.0 hours. Of course, depending on how many times someone has done it, they can trim that time down even lower.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Sounds good and best of luck with the show. As much as SEMA is a great show and the place to show off your products, when it comes to things such as headers for high performance engines, the only way to generate sales is by having actual recorded performance gains. As you probably know all too well, there are alot of performance claims out there and people are wary about these as many people have got burned. Most people in this community buy based on value and recommendations/experience of others. Get a US based tester, give them your headers/tune and have them run and publish some dynos results with your headers and tune - this is your best way to generate sales in the US. It is a case of "prove it to me" before i buy. Cheaper than advertising and much more effective.

Good luck again.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
We are Kleemann dealer for Spain and the reason why we make our own system is because the Kleemann system is not bolt-on and don't fit RHD : you have to cut your OE exhaust line and weld : it's not a complicated thing to do but a lot of people can't make it themself, they need to go to a workshop to put the exhaust system....with a bolt-on system like ours, you only need two hours of your time to put the exhaust on your car, and it's totaly reversible.
Curious as to why RHD is an concern in Spain? Only RHD drive cars there are all the Brits who have a second home there or tourists. Do you sell into UK? On install, do you really think it is wise to have your customers install their own headers and pipes? There are guys out there are skilled to do so, but I think most members who have had this mod done have had it done by a shop/professional. I certainly would not attempt this myself.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:35 PM

C63 AMG
Hi

Sincity
I loosened the top end bolt of the steering shaft just to ease the install. I probably didnīt have to but it made it a little easier I think. It is close to kleemann setup and i doubt I could feel the difference but I chose it because of the fact that NO welding/cutting bending or so has to made like on other systems and the looks and the professionalisme of the Eurotech shop when I was there convinced me.

Harrower
PS is german I think for "pferd starke". It is measered in horsepower and at the crank. I would have to look at the dyno sheet to see the temp but I think it was 20 degrees celcius or around.
I run regular 95 europe fuel, but will run shell 99 octane next.
I ordered 19" lightweight wheels from Eurotech and a Eurotech race LSD diff...

bhamg
Thanks and I am enjoying the ride to the max... I donīt doubt for a minute that the MBH system is good quality but I canīt imagine that it could be better than this Eurotech system... but I canīt ay for certain as i have never seen or fitted a MBH system.

Bluejay
I will post some pictures soon... It is installed and the car is being tested to the max...

BenScott01
I did the install my self... And if the system you are refering to is as easy to install as this Eurotech system and produces the same torque feel and HP increase then MHP is on the right track... Thanks...

PetroC55
I bought 200 cell cats and also bought the none cat system for track use... The sound is soo crazy... I can swap these cats in 10 min with a jackstand and few tools. Doesnīt get any easier than this.

Cory@kleemann
you are right. sorry. I only meant that if your system was bolt on to the mid section, it would not be 2800 dollars but more?

I know I payed a little more for the X2 kit, but when I one day decide to sell my car I can install my stock system and reflash the ECU at the dealer or ask for stock file from Eurotech performance. It is free of charge.

I payed 4800 dollars with the ECU tune...

Eurotech
Thanks again for the nice package. My car is soo sweet and fast. The response is awesome. Hurry up and finish my ported heads so I can get them installed...
You should really find some guys here in this forum to test and comment all your stuff... You stuff needs to get out there. These guys in here are all about power... Exactly like you....
Old 09-10-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is there a particular reason you replace the bolts? Seems like most people just replace the nuts.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:41 PM
ON SUSPENSION

sl55
Originally Posted by Sincity
Is there a particular reason you replace the bolts? Seems like most people just replace the nuts.
Yes, sorry for my vocabulary....i wanted to say the NUTS.....

P.S: hello C63 dude and thank you for your feel back..... and yes, we have a set of ported heads prepared for you...

Last edited by eurotechperf; 09-10-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, sorry for my vocabulary....i wanted to say the NUTS.....
That make sense. Thanks. Also, when you said "key," do you mean socket?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And belive me, if you can make an oil change in your car, you can easely fit our system on your C63 , alone, in an saterday afternoon...

I have looked at the manifolds from the top and have always wondered how do I fit my big hands in there? Do you need to access any of the upper nuts from top or is everything done from the bottom? If you need to access from the top, I assume you need to remove the bottom of the air cleaner system?

Mthis installed his MHP headers with a friend using jackstands!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
The RHD C63 are not only in UK......there is a big demand of costumers with RHD C63 in many countrys exactly because not all C63 headers fit on their cars. And belive me, if you can make an oil change in your car, you can easely fit our system on your C63 , alone, in an saterday afternoon...
yes, I am aware of where RHD drive is standard. The biggest demand would be in places like in Japan/Hong Kong/Australia/Sinagpore etc. Are the headers made in Spain or somewhere else?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:28 PM

E63
Hi Guys.
Just to answer some questions.... First of all I have seen cargraphic and MBH/MHB/MPH or what ever thay are called and they are no way near the quality. Not to be rude or anything.

Believe me I have been searching online to find the best solution for my car...

I will post some pictures of the header later...

It is 65 mm stainless... So 2.5" all the way to rear OE exhaust... 4 in 1 style but made very smooth in terms of pipeflow. Eurotech showed me 6 different size headers that he had made only for testing the correct size, HP and Torque gain and this 2.5" was the perfect size in regards to maximum HP, scaveging etc...

I am currently getting a set of 63 AMG ported heads from Eurotech Performance. 800 euro pr head. He showed me a set of heads he made for a E55 AMG W211 and it looked like CNC porting but it is infact made in hand and tested on his flow bench. 31 % more flow on the E55 AMG heads so I canīt wait to install these flowed 63 heads on my car.

I know there are a lot of great tuners out there but I can only speak my side of the story in regards to how pleasant and professional my experience has been with Eurotech Performance. Their products are over the top in regards to quality and performance...
MBH and MHP already make more power and torque than you do and sorry not to be rude I dont think your qualified to talk about their products because I highly doubt youve seen either in person as you admit in a later post. Somene in Aust. has ran at the track already with the cargraphic kit and had good results too. So far no track results for you no customer dynos either. Have proof before you make claims.

Keep it real guys. Eurotech you should pay to become a board sponsor if you want respect here, everyone else pays so should you.
i have never seen a shorty of any style make more power anywhere in the rpm band than a longtube that would be a first so please post more info.
Send your headers to Dads or somene else respected on here to test out vs what they run now like Dave said if you perform well you will make money.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:34 PM

E63
The dyno is a fantastic tool for development but the feel back when you drive the car is the most important.....the most important is not the number of hp but the way to delivery them, you don't think ?
We don't use full-lenght headers because we got the best compromise of power, torque, sound, reliability, fitting and cost with the short-headers combinated with our ECU file.....at least for our filosofy of what a Mercedes Benz has to be.
We are not searching the biggest number of HP, but an easy solucion for the costumer searching a 100+ HP over stock package for his C63.
In the U.S. and everyhwere really the track is the best tool for testing, followed by VBox. Dynos vary so much from dyno to dyno they are a waste especially if done at the shop or one that markets those products.
The most important thing is averge HP and TQ area under the curve and longtubes always deliver more than shortys thats the whole point of the design of a longtube.
Lets see a SAE corrected US dyno of the system to back the claim of 100HP+ over stock.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Dynos vary so much from dyno to dyno they are a waste
Dynos can certainly vary in their output metrics from location to location, but what does that have to do with using the same one for testing purposes? The dyno is a great tool for before, after and comparison testing. It is fantastic for validating data.

It is a moot point anyhow. There is no data here.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:51 PM

E63
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Dynos can certainly vary in their output metrics from location to location, but what does that have to do with using the same one for testing purposes? The dyno is a great tool for before, after and comparison testing. It is fantastic for validating data.

It is a moot point anyhow. There is no data here.
You are right and you are right. I should have said from dyno to dyno there is no point. I also personally think that shops that do there own dynos arent as easy for us to believe as when someone like you tests thats all.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I see in your profile you live in Vegas.....take some time to visit us at SEMA in october....
I'm sure another member on here already has a pass in my name.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Anybody has experience with Nitrous on these C63īs...? I thought there was a limiter in the gearbox TCU, but I am seeing more and more people here who are getting a lot of rearwheel horsepower with nitrous...
Any leads where to buy a Nitro system? Eurotech is working on a C63 right now with Nitrous but he wonīt release it until the Tune is perfect...

Thanks for the response...
We do a lot of NOS on 63's and have a full HIDDEN kit on C63 and CLK53.

Please pm or email me for more info. We will be posting full info very soon as well.

thanks
Brad
Old 09-11-2010, 05:51 AM

C63 AMG
RStevens63Ļ
EurotechPerformance is new in here and so am I. I donīt think he knew anything about being a sponsor... He was simply trying to answer questions about his products... Nothing else. Of course he will pay if he knew he had to and how the site works...
I donīt know whether MBH/MHP is making more horsepower than Eurotechs headers kit.. all I can say and vauch for is that I saw with my own eyes that the increase was more than 100 HP....!
I think this would be the max to make from just ECU tune and headers when looking on the increases from other tuner kits.... They are all pretty close...
I know of people and their changing in the weight of the dyno-rolls to "show" more power so I donīt trust it so much.'
I think the best thing that Eurotech Performance could do would be to find a guy in US hos is independent and have him test the products which was suggested by Harrower.

Eurotech is really just a nice guy who wanted to share his product with the general public to explain the decision of design, gain answer questions etc.. Hope he is allowed back on site soon...
His products are clean, nice and works well.

Superlubricity/RStevens63
As I said before we all have our favorite tuners and their dynoīs are, as you say, not to be 100% trusted unless we try it ourselves..... I can only say I was there when the car was dynoed before and after. And it was not in Spain where Eurotech Performance is located. So he could never have "improved" the dyno to show more power...
He send me the ECU after 2 days along with the exhaust syetem. 566 HP. Which is very impressive according to the Dynos from other tuners in here...
Thatīs all...

Give the guy a break... He excused his bad english and I am pretty sure he didnīt know that he had to be a sponsor... And I didnīt know either...

Maybe there is a real hardcore member who would be willing to try his products and maybe help him in here... After all it is supposed top be a free forum for all us Motor heads...
Old 09-11-2010, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
RStevens63Ļ
EurotechPerformance is new in here and so am I. I donīt think he knew anything about being a sponsor... He was simply trying to answer questions about his products... Nothing else. Of course he will pay if he knew he had to and how the site works...
I donīt know whether MBH/MHP is making more horsepower than Eurotechs headers kit.. all I can say and vauch for is that I saw with my own eyes that the increase was more than 100 HP....!
I think this would be the max to make from just ECU tune and headers when looking on the increases from other tuner kits.... They are all pretty close...
I know of people and their changing in the weight of the dyno-rolls to "show" more power so I donīt trust it so much.'
I think the best thing that Eurotech Performance could do would be to find a guy in US hos is independent and have him test the products which was suggested by Harrower.

Eurotech is really just a nice guy who wanted to share his product with the general public to explain the decision of design, gain answer questions etc.. Hope he is allowed back on site soon...

As I said before we all have our favorite tuners and their dynoīs are, as you say, not to be 100% trusted unless we try it ourselves..... I can only say I was there when the car was dynoed before and after. And it was not in Spain where Eurotech Performance is located. So he could never have "improved" the dyno to show more power...
He send me the ECU after 2 days along with the exhaust syetem. 566 HP. Which is very impressive according to the Dynos from other tuners in here...
Thatīs all...

Give the guy a break... He excused his bad english and I am pretty sure he didnīt know that he had to be a sponsor... And I didnīt know either...

Maybe there is a real hardcore member who would be willing to try his products and maybe help him in here... After all it is supposed top be a free forum for all us Motor heads...
Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I checked out EurotechPerformance and they are indeed based in Spain and well know for performance tunes on the likes of Ferrai/Lambo/MB/Vipers/Vettes/Porsche. I have advised them as did RStevens63 to become sponsor which they intend to do. I also verified they carry some of the CF products that I know are been supplied by manufactures so they offer a broad offering of performance and cosmetic mods.

I would be happy to be tester but I already have LTH been made and have already committed to other performance mods which I have ordered. I would welcome these guys to the community once they get in good standing as sponsor and as we all agree, the more selection of products/vendors, the better off we are.

D

Reg - your game for been tester?
Old 09-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Well, thats because everybody always clicks on the "I accept" button without reading.

Without limiting any other provisions of this Agreement, you may not use this Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement and/or any applicable additional terms. Your access to this Site may be terminated immediately in our sole discretion, with or without notice, if you fail to comply with any provision of this agreement and/or additional terms, or for any other reason, or no reason. You expressly agree not to:

* Use this Site or its contents for any commercial purpose;

Old 09-11-2010, 02:51 PM

E63
RStevens63Ļ

Thatīs all...

The part in bold, 100 at the tire is not 100 at the flywheel. In your first posts you said you had seen them all and this was the most powerful, well that's not a true statement and not a great intro to the new forum.

Find a tester in the U.S. and post the results thats how you earn credit and good luck!!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:15 PM

C63 AMG
RStevens63
How can it NOT be a true statement?? I saw the dyno results and it stated headers1, headers2 etc.... And the Horsepower varied...? So how can you claim itīs not true.... Iīve seen the dynoes from the different headers types and the header system I bought was the most powerfull one of them...
So when itīs all measured at the crank and my headers was the most powerfull one of them, how does this make my statement NOT true...??
I started out with 459 HP and ended with 566 HP. But that is not true according to you...?

I now have 107 HP more than when it was stock.... So what if itīs crank horsepower... I never said anything about having 566 RWHP....

The only thing I said was that I have 107 HP more... so I fail to see how this is not a true statement and therefore a bad intro to the forum...

I am not making the Eurotech headers or anything so I have no interest in finding a US tester..... Not that it would be a bad idea...

Itīs pretty obvious that people in here have their favorite tuners and thatīs cool... But that doesnīt give you the right to doubt anything I post as long as I am being 100% honest about my experince.

I wrote this post because I had a great experience with Eurotech Performance, I love my car now and was merely sharing my enthusiasm in this forum... and my posts are based on what I have seen and tried...

But RStevens63 I would love to take my 63 to the 1/4 mile and see how fast it really is. What is a good time according to MBWorld members...?

Last edited by C63_dude; 09-11-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: type error
Old 09-11-2010, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cory @ Kleemann
KLEEMANN headers with down pipes and high-flow cats are $2800.00 for all M156 engines.
Weren't they $2400?????
Old 09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by harrower
Reg - your game for been tester?
Thanks for the invite! Give me the headers and they could use my car @ SEMA. I need some kind of incentive to have it installed and dyno runs made. Makes sense since I am local.

Last edited by Sincity; 09-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Bolt on exhaust