Sponsored by:

C63 Bolt on exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2010 | 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
C63 Bolt on exhaust

Hi Guys. Please take a look at my new C63 bolt-on headers exhaust system that I have bought from a new Mercedes performance shop in spain.
I was there on vacation and saw the shop with a bunch of different cars and a lot of mercedes cars. The quality and looks of this exhaust is not seen before I think...
the installation was very easy due to perfect fitment and the sound is awesome. It is made in 3 -piece sections pr side so I could choose between different cats. I tried no cat option but have 200 cell cats now and passed emission. It fits right in to my original rear exhaust and I didn´t have to cut or weld anything. I saw that all the brackets and clamps are standard OE MB parts. Stainless ofcourse. I am not selling or earning anything because of this thread and I only want to show how well it can be made when time and effort is put into it.... Price was around 3900 dollars or so.
Leave feedback please... C63 Dude
Attached Thumbnails C63 Bolt on exhaust-c63-pic1.jpg   C63 Bolt on exhaust-c63-pic2.jpg   C63 Bolt on exhaust-c63-pic3.jpg  
Old 09-09-2010 | 08:44 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Everything looks very clean but the price is VERY HIGH for this.
Any reputable shop can make same quality or better and it wont cost u more then $1500 for good quality stainless steel.
Old 09-09-2010 | 09:22 AM

C63 AMG
It includes the Headers also...! If you look at evo-sport, kleemann or so they charge way more than 4000 dollars and their products needs cutting and welding.... My C63 now has 566 horsepower with this headers system and a Eurotech ECU tune.... I think it is cheap for the quality and the HP-gain I got.... It seems like you only think it is the exhaust I payed for and not the headers also....? It came with OE nuts, bolts, gasket, clamps etc. Bolt-on. No questions asked. And Eurotech Performance is making bolt-on systems for a lot of mercedes now...I will definitely recommend this to any body.

Last edited by C63_dude; 09-09-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-09-2010 | 10:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
looks very good.
Old 09-09-2010 | 10:10 AM

c63
Enjoy your ride

Looks very Clean ( the stainless steel look same as supersprint ) I think so .

Can you Add video to hear the sound .,>?
Old 09-09-2010 | 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Wow, with headers, this is a very reasonable price. The pipes look amazing.
Congrats and videos are in order. WOW
Old 09-09-2010 | 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
The piping looks sorta small from the pictures. what is the diameter - 2 3/4"?
Old 09-09-2010 | 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Do you have pics of the "headers" before installation? I can only see downpipes and the exhaust mid section in those shots. What type of headers are they, log style,shorty,tri Y or 4 into 1 ?
Old 09-09-2010 | 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Looks like MBH style headers, nice and clean. You can get the MHB/MHPs for cheaper, maybe cargraphics too not sure on pricing of those yet.
Old 09-10-2010 | 10:11 AM

C63 AMG
Thumbs up

Hi Guys.
Just to answer some questions.... First of all I have seen cargraphic and MBH/MHB/MPH or what ever thay are called and they are no way near the quality. Not to be rude or anything.
Believe me I have been searching online to find the best solution for my car...

I will post some pictures of the header later...

It is 65 mm stainless... So 2.5" all the way to rear OE exhaust... 4 in 1 style but made very smooth in terms of pipeflow. Eurotech showed me 6 different size headers that he had made only for testing the correct size, HP and Torque gain and this 2.5" was the perfect size in regards to maximum HP, scaveging etc...

I am currently getting a set of 63 AMG ported heads from Eurotech Performance. 800 euro pr head. He showed me a set of heads he made for a E55 AMG W211 and it looked like CNC porting but it is infact made in hand and tested on his flow bench. 31 % more flow on the E55 AMG heads so I can´t wait to install these flowed 63 heads on my car.

I know there are a lot of great tuners out there but I can only speak my side of the story in regards to how pleasant and professional my experience has been with Eurotech Performance. Their products are over the top in regards to quality and performance...
Old 09-10-2010 | 10:58 AM

c63
Originally Posted by C63_dude
Hi Guys.
Just to answer some questions.... First of all I have seen cargraphic and MBH/MHB/MPH or what ever thay are called and they are no way near the quality. Not to be rude or anything.
Believe me I have been searching online to find the best solution for my car...

I will post some pictures of the header later...

It is 65 mm stainless... So 2.5" all the way to rear OE exhaust... 4 in 1 style but made very smooth in terms of pipeflow. Eurotech showed me 6 different size headers that he had made only for testing the correct size, HP and Torque gain and this 2.5" was the perfect size in regards to maximum HP, scaveging etc...

I am currently getting a set of 63 AMG ported heads from Eurotech Performance. 800 euro pr head. He showed me a set of heads he made for a E55 AMG W211 and it looked like CNC porting but it is infact made in hand and tested on his flow bench. 31 % more flow on the E55 AMG heads so I can´t wait to install these flowed 63 heads on my car.

I know there are a lot of great tuners out there but I can only speak my side of the story in regards to how pleasant and professional my experience has been with Eurotech Performance. Their products are over the top in regards to quality and performance...

Great job you will install heads soon

We will waiting for your experience with heads and how much you will get .
Old 09-10-2010 | 12:33 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by chubbs032
Looks like MBH style headers
Huh? They certainly do not look like full-length MBH Tri-Ys.
First of all I have seen cargraphic and MBH/MHB/MPH or what ever thay are called and they are no way near the quality.
I'm curious; when and where did you see MBH, Cargraphic or MHP headers? What defines quality to you?
Eurotech showed me 6 different size headers that he had made only for testing the correct size, HP and Torque gain and this 2.5" was the perfect size in regards to maximum HP, scavenging etc...
Wow. What were the six different header designs that Eurotech showed you? How did they determine this system was optimal? Did they provide any data from their testing? Did they test mid-length, full-length Tri-Y or long-tube headers?
Old 09-10-2010 | 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
It includes the Headers also...! If you look at evo-sport, kleemann or so they charge way more than 4000 dollars and their products needs cutting and welding.... My C63 now has 566 horsepower with this headers system and a Eurotech ECU tune.... I think it is cheap for the quality and the HP-gain I got.... It seems like you only think it is the exhaust I payed for and not the headers also....? It came with OE nuts, bolts, gasket, clamps etc. Bolt-on. No questions asked. And Eurotech Performance is making bolt-on systems for a lot of mercedes now...I will definitely recommend this to any body.
Hi, any dyno charts showing stock vs. headers/tube mod? Are you getting 566 at the wheels?
Old 09-10-2010 | 01:33 PM

C63 AMG
Hi Guys
Superlubricity :
I can´t remember where I saw them but, to me personally when a dealer shows me 6 different types of headers it shows me that he didn´t just weld something together and said " here is a nice looking product, please buy" . He showed me different dyno´s but I couldn´t tell what they were from other than it said C63 headers2 etc etc on the sheets... So I took his word for it... And I am not dissapointed....
You probably have your favorite MB tuner and that´s cool with me... I can just say that I am happy with what Eurotech has done for me and my car so far... I went to a Mercedes importer where I live and they were very impressed. And that don´t happen too often when you bring a modded car... ;o) Atleast that is my experience....
The cool thing about this product is that everybody can install it. It fits soo sweet and looks soo good... But best of all is the catalyst option that I have with this system... It is made in 3 sections and the last section is the catalyst where I had the option of 100,200 or none. I tried none and the sound is soo sick.... But went for the 200 cell due to emission.

Harrower
I get the 566 on the engine... That is how it is usually dynoed here in europe... They dyno the car from 2000 rpm to red line and let it "roll-off" in neutral so the dyno can calculate the "resistance" so to speak, in gearbox, diff, axels etc...
I had 459 hp stock. And I didn´t try it only with the headers system. My 566 hp is including a Eurotech Tune.... But a 107 hp just with headers and ECU is pretty good I think...

I´ll post a vid and more pics...

Anybody has experience with Nitrous on these C63´s...? I thought there was a limiter in the gearbox TCU, but I am seeing more and more people here who are getting a lot of rearwheel horsepower with nitrous...
Any leads where to buy a Nitro system? Eurotech is working on a C63 right now with Nitrous but he won´t release it until the Tune is perfect...

Thanks for the response...
Old 09-10-2010 | 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Looking at the first pic, they didn't have to remove the steering shaft to install? The welds and polished pipes sure look nice.
Old 09-10-2010 | 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Hi Guys
Superlubricity :
I can´t remember where I saw them but, to me personally when a dealer shows me 6 different types of headers it shows me that he didn´t just weld something together and said " here is a nice looking product, please buy" . He showed me different dyno´s but I couldn´t tell what they were from other than it said C63 headers2 etc etc on the sheets... So I took his word for it... And I am not dissapointed....
You probably have your favorite MB tuner and that´s cool with me... I can just say that I am happy with what Eurotech has done for me and my car so far... I went to a Mercedes importer where I live and they were very impressed. And that don´t happen too often when you bring a modded car... ;o) Atleast that is my experience....
The cool thing about this product is that everybody can install it. It fits soo sweet and looks soo good... But best of all is the catalyst option that I have with this system... It is made in 3 sections and the last section is the catalyst where I had the option of 100,200 or none. I tried none and the sound is soo sick.... But went for the 200 cell due to emission.

Harrower
I get the 566 on the engine... That is how it is usually dynoed here in europe... They dyno the car from 2000 rpm to red line and let it "roll-off" in neutral so the dyno can calculate the "resistance" so to speak, in gearbox, diff, axels etc...
I had 459 hp stock. And I didn´t try it only with the headers system. My 566 hp is including a Eurotech Tune.... But a 107 hp just with headers and ECU is pretty good I think...

I´ll post a vid and more pics...

Anybody has experience with Nitrous on these C63´s...? I thought there was a limiter in the gearbox TCU, but I am seeing more and more people here who are getting a lot of rearwheel horsepower with nitrous...
Any leads where to buy a Nitro system? Eurotech is working on a C63 right now with Nitrous but he won´t release it until the Tune is perfect...

Thanks for the response...
Hi, thanks for feedback. So if the dyno was done in Europe then it is PS correct. So you would be producing 458Hp at wheels. Not bad at all. I assume you were running 100 RON? Any info on temp/humidity at time of dyno?

Nitrous is a whole different game and the tuner really needs to know what they are doing. There is a recent thread about Dads63 and his installation of NItro done by MHP. They are still playing with shots/timing tweeks, but the pure HP #s are impressive as are the run numbers he is doing.
Old 09-10-2010 | 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by harrower
Hi, thanks for feedback. So if the dyno was done in Europe then it is PS correct. So you would be producing 458Hp at wheels. Not bad at all. I assume you were running 100 RON? Any info on temp/humidity at time of dyno?

Is K2 in the 440 or 450 range?
Old 09-10-2010 | 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Kleemann claim 555Hp/493 lb-ft on K2. K1 they rate at 535 HP/481 lb-ft
Old 09-10-2010 | 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tks. So this setup yields more power than the K2 manifolds.
Old 09-10-2010 | 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts
C63 AMG
C63_dude...congrats and enjoy the "new" ride!
Old 09-10-2010 | 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
how come no pictures of the entire set not installed?
Old 09-10-2010 | 03:08 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Did you do the install yourself?

You speak of the ease of install of these over other sets, but I have personally installed (numerous time) MHP's full bolt-on system, and can tell you that it is the easiest and most OEM like fitment system I've ever worked with.

Like you said, everyone has their preference of tuners. So good luck on your build, and be safe.
Old 09-10-2010 | 03:16 PM
ON SUSPENSION

sl55
Originally Posted by superlubricity
How did they determine this system was optimal? Did they provide any data from their testing? Did they test mid-length, full-length Tri-Y or long-tube headers?
Hi guys,

Happy to be with you in this forum to talk about our product......and answer to some questions....

Our system is shorty headers, like the original Mercedes Benz headers but with a very diferent design to improve flow. Nothing comparable with the design of the very nice MBH Tri-Ys . We have made a lot of test and of course the tri Y design gave us better top HP but if you want to improve torque al low and mid rpm on your 63, our design works very well and it's what a lot of our costumers are searching here in Europe, because i's in this range of RPM that they are using their 63 99% of the time..... I am sure an MBH tri Y sistem will make more top HP than our system because we test this design too but our sistem is a good compromise for an every day car and we make always more than 100 hp over the stock C63 with our ECU and headers . I think at this level of power, it's quite imposible to feel 10 or 20 hp more, but you always can feel a litle more torque at 3000 rpm....
It's the reason why we did'nt wanted to make a race exhaust system for the 63 because we think there is some very, very nice stuff on the market , like MBH for exemple. We wanted to make a real bolt-on system (we send our system in a wood box in 6 pieces, with all OE gaskets, brackets and bolts), very reliable, with 3 diferents options for the cat (100, 200 or none). You have no need to cut, weld or modify anything in the car . The system is designed to fit both LHD and RHD and you have 4 billet stainless steel 304 ball-flanges to ajust perfectly the system in the car....I will put pictures here this week end...
Thank you guys, and sorry for my poor english....but i'm sure it will better after spending more time with you......

Last edited by eurotechperf; 09-10-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2010 | 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts
C63 AMG
Hi Guys.
Well, since the "other guys" have chimed in I will say this - you won't easily beat the quality of my MBH/Dyno-Comp system...anywhere. But if the quality is right up there...it's all good! Enjoy...

edit: Thanks for chiming in eurotechperf, good luck and best wishes going forward...sounds like a well thought-out and differentiated approach.

Last edited by bhamg; 09-10-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-10-2010 | 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by eurotechperf
Hi guys,

Happy to be with you in this forum to talk about our product......and answer to some questions....

Our system is shorty headers, like the original Mercedes Benz headers but with a very diferent design to improve flow. Nothing comparable with the design of the very nice MBH Tri-Ys . We have made a lot of test and of course the tri Y design gave us better top HP but if you want to improve torque al low and mid rpm on your 63, our design works very well and it's what a lot of our costumers are searching here in Europe, because i's in this range of RPM that they are using their 63 99% of the time..... I am sure an MBH tri Y sistem will make more top HP than our system because we test this design too but our sistem is a good compromise for an every day car and we make always more than 100 hp over the stock C63 with our ECU and headers . I think at this level of power, it's quite imposible to feel 10 or 20 hp more, but you always can feel a litle more torque at 3000 rpm....
It's the reason why we did'nt wanted to make a race exhaust system for the 63 because we think there is some very, very nice stuff on the market , like MBH for exemple. We wanted to make a real bolt-on system (we send our system in a wood box in 6 pieces, with all OE gaskets, brackets and bolts), very reliable, with 3 diferents options for the cat (100, 200 or none). You have no need to cut, weld or modify anything in the car . The system is designed to fit both LHD and RHD and you have 4 billet stainless steel 304 ball-flanges to ajust perfectly the system in the car....I will put pictures here this week end...
Thank you guys, and sorry for my poor english....but i'm sure it will better after spending more time with you......
Hi, welcome to the boards! Where are you located in Europe and website? If you are interested in some of the US guys looking at your stuff my recommendation would to be select someone who you would work with as a tester. There is alot of good competition in the US from the likes of MBH/MHP/Kleemann/Renntech/Evo and others. I think it would help your sales in the US to have a tester to run and post dynos and provide input on how thing go. This has been common practice for alot of manufactures to gain brandd awareness on the boards.

Product looks nice and C63dude enjoy the bump in performance. Putting on new rubber to put down that additional power?

D

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Bolt on exhaust