Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by C63_dude
Hi Guys.
Just to answer some questions.... First of all I have seen cargraphic and MBH/MHB/MPH or what ever thay are called and they are no way near the quality. Not to be rude or anything.
Believe me I have been searching online to find the best solution for my car...

I will post some pictures of the header later...

It is 65 mm stainless... So 2.5" all the way to rear OE exhaust... 4 in 1 style but made very smooth in terms of pipeflow. Eurotech showed me 6 different size headers that he had made only for testing the correct size, HP and Torque gain and this 2.5" was the perfect size in regards to maximum HP, scaveging etc...

I am currently getting a set of 63 AMG ported heads from Eurotech Performance. 800 euro pr head. He showed me a set of heads he made for a E55 AMG W211 and it looked like CNC porting but it is infact made in hand and tested on his flow bench. 31 % more flow on the E55 AMG heads so I can´t wait to install these flowed 63 heads on my car.

I know there are a lot of great tuners out there but I can only speak my side of the story in regards to how pleasant and professional my experience has been with Eurotech Performance. Their products are over the top in regards to quality and performance...
Your statement is absolutely rude, not to mention way short on any first hand experience with the products that you deem inferior. If you had simply shared your perspective about your car without insulting others, you might have gotten a different reaction.

That being said, of course there are going to be some eyebrows raised regarding an unknown tuner producing long tube header results from a set of high flow manifolds(shorty headers if you insist on the term headers being applicable). The Eurotech design is slightly different but the data from many forum members actual results (including mine as I transitioned from K2 to Long Tubes) suggests that your results may be overstated. Posting the actual before and after dyno results along with AFR information would aid in supporting your claims. A video of your car trapping 120+ would seal the deal and legitimize your tuner in the eyes of the performance junkies within MB World. Based on what you have shared so far I would remain skeptical and would not be interested if Eurotech became a sponsor.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Hhughes.

You are right.
I apologize for my rude stupid comment....

It just seemed like I was being attacked from all sides just because I liked my new headers. Who am I to say how MBH/MHP or Cargraphic headers quality is like. I have never "held" them in my hand or so. So I apologize and hope people can forgive a newbie....

I understand you´re skeptical as would I be, but I truly speak the truth when I state my HP facts. I will post my dynos when I can scan them to the PC...

Again I am truly sorry....
Old 09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Hhughes.

You are right.
I apologize for my rude stupid comment....

It just seemed like I was being attacked from all sides just because I liked my new headers. Who am I to say how MBH/MHP or Cargraphic headers quality is like. I have never "held" them in my hand or so. So I apologize and hope people can forgive a newbie....

I understand you´re skeptical as would I be, but I truly speak the truth when I state my HP facts. I will post my dynos when I can scan them to the PC...

Again I am truly sorry....
Consider it water under the bridge and welcome

Looking forward to your future contributions and good luck with what appears to be very ambitious modding plans.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:18 PM

E63
RStevens63
How can it NOT be a true statement?? I saw the dyno results and it stated headers1, headers2 etc.... And the Horsepower varied...? So how can you claim it´s not true.... I´ve seen the dynoes from the different headers types and the header system I bought was the most powerfull one of them...
So when it´s all measured at the crank and my headers was the most powerfull one of them, how does this make my statement NOT true...??
I started out with 459 HP and ended with 566 HP. But that is not true according to you...?

I now have 107 HP more than when it was stock.... So what if it´s crank horsepower... I never said anything about having 566 RWHP....

The only thing I said was that I have 107 HP more... so I fail to see how this is not a true statement and therefore a bad intro to the forum...

I am not making the Eurotech headers or anything so I have no interest in finding a US tester..... Not that it would be a bad idea...

It´s pretty obvious that people in here have their favorite tuners and that´s cool... But that doesn´t give you the right to doubt anything I post as long as I am being 100% honest about my experince.

I wrote this post because I had a great experience with Eurotech Performance, I love my car now and was merely sharing my enthusiasm in this forum... and my posts are based on what I have seen and tried...

But RStevens63 I would love to take my 63 to the 1/4 mile and see how fast it really is. What is a good time according to MBWorld members...?
566Hp is not the most powerful from headers and tuning so your statements are not true. The most powerful will be at both the tires and crank. Other brands have been proven over and over again, you are the first one with this system and we have no track testing and one dyno from another country on a dyno that no one on this site has used before. So how do you know you made 107hp? You dont you are simply taking someones word for it.
HHughes said it best, let the actual numbers do the talking for you and the forum will respect that but right now you have none that are credit worthy. Race a MBH car and beat it if you can then post but dont call what we know proven products "not as good" when you have no proof. There are also catted and non cats options from all U.S. header makers, you can choose different kinds of cats restrictiveness too or none at all this is not new.
Good luck with your car and I hope to see test results from this tune and exhaust soon.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Yeah, so what's the big deal here? My car dyno'd at 417WHP (approx. ~ 522HP at the crank if a 20% drivetrain loss is calculated) with just the RENNtech ecu flash tune. And, if I add DPs, they should add another ~ 40+WHP, so approx another ~ 50BHP, and be right around 572HP or more. Sorry, but I'm just not seeing the unusual and incredible numbers with these DPs and ecu flash?
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by sflgator
Yeah, so what's the big deal here? My car dyno'd at 417WHP (approx. ~ 522HP at the crank if a 20% drivetrain loss is calculated) with just the RENNtech ecu flash tune. And, if I add DPs, they should add another ~ 40+WHP, so approx another ~ 50BHP, and be right around 572HP or more. Sorry, but I'm just not seeing the unusual and incredible numbers?
Use 18% for drivetrain loss, it's pretty much the standard here. Also mods are not 100% additive and downpipes don't net 40rwhp, at least it's never been proven probably closer to ~25rwhp but just a guess based on 1.5mph per superlubricity and 10-12rwhp for 2ndary cat delete (little more if area under the curve considered).

Last edited by BerBer63; 09-12-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
^ I don't think your gonna get 40 whp from downpipes alone...
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chubbs032
Use 18% for drivetrain loss, it's pretty much the standard here. Also mods are not 100% additive and downpipes don't net 40rwhp, at least it's never been proven probably closer to ~25rwhp but just a guess based on 1.5mph per superlubricity and 10-12rwhp for 2ndary cat delete (little more if area under the curve considered).
Okay...gotcha then. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 PM

C63 AMG
566Hp is not the most powerful from headers and tuning so your statements are not true. The most powerful will be at both the tires and crank. Other brands have been proven over and over again, you are the first one with this system and we have no track testing and one dyno from another country on a dyno that no one on this site has used before. So how do you know you made 107hp? You dont you are simply taking someones word for it.
HHughes said it best, let the actual numbers do the talking for you and the forum will respect that but right now you have none that are credit worthy. Race a MBH car and beat it if you can then post but dont call what we know proven products "not as good" when you have no proof. There are also catted and non cats options from all U.S. header makers, you can choose different kinds of cats restrictiveness too or none at all this is not new.
Good luck with your car and I hope to see test results from this tune and exhaust soon.

What do you mean? Taking someones word for it.? I dynoed the car at an unbias shop before the headers + downpipes + ECU mod. 459 HP. I then dynoed the car same place, same dyno, after the install. 566 HP. So how can that be taking someones word for it..??? 566 - 459 = 107...!
I specifically pointed out to Eurotech dealer that I would be taking the car to a dyno after the install again.
If the dyno reads 459 hp it can´t be that bad/wrong a dyno. Whether you personally know it or not?
No bad feelings Mr Rstevens63 but it just seems that no matter what explanation I post about my mod you keep disagreeing?
I perform a dyno before and after = 107 hp. I fail to see how this can be taking someones word for it?
Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 PM

C63 AMG
And I never said my DP gave me 40hp or 25 hp or whatver gain.... I stated that after my mod with headers/exhaust to midsection + ECU I now have 107 hp more.... That´s all.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
^
Please post the before and after dyno sheets so people
will stop doubting you.

Don't take anything personal from these guys. They want
to believe you but you have failed to provide any hard
evidence backing your claims.

Enjoy your car.