Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do your neighbors hate you too?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Haters are going to hate. Some people will mind their own business, and live their own lives. Seriously, if more people paid attention to their lives and households, they would be much better off.

At the end of the day, it should only be about enjoying life, your family, your cars, etc.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Although there are 4 Mercedes Benz parked on my driveway along with other daily drivers not so luxurious. Both of my left and right side neighbors are super cool and have their own stable of fine vehicles. Including right side Maserati Granturismo and Porsche C4S & Left side CLS500, Audi A6 and a Lotus Elise S.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Nothing but love.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Maybe they view it as you down-graded cars, so no reason to get all excited. To those of us into cars, we know it is an AMG. To others, it is a C.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Eh.. I get along just fine with my neighbours.. we all sit in random driveways drinking with the occasional "Hold my beer" moments....

No hate in my neighborhood, except for the mean lady who yells at all the kids to get off her lawn (yes.. we have one... crazy I know..)
Old 09-14-2010, 11:05 AM

08 MB
Originally Posted by black-clk500
I live in a small New England town in a quiet neighborhood with people that do okay financially. There are plenty of neighbors with new BMWs, Audis and another MB (although it is an R-class)

Since I got my car a couple of weeks ago no one makes eye contact and no one comes over to see what my new toy is all about--when I got my CLK500 years ago, multiple neighbors came over to check it out unprovoked by me.

I have not been driving wildly or doing burn-outs so I just don't get the haters
I actually had a neighbor put her hands up and down in the slow down motion as I drove down the street at 25MPH

Is it the exhaust that turns people off or the fact that I just brought home a brand new shiny MB in this economy?? Jealously?? Puritan New England values??
My wife and I probably make the most money in the neighborhood by a long shot (my wife's a high level corporate lawyer and I own my own business) and we could afford a house twice as much without a problem (and this is a nice upper middle class neighborhood), but we decide to invest in our retirement accounts and spend some of our money on indulgences like cars and multiple vacations every year.

What's your experience with your neighbors?
Is it just me?
Sounds like you have some major complex issues.

You seem butt hurt that your neighbors aren't ogling over your car and you assume jealously on their part. You then follow that up with pointing out how much better financially you are then them.

Yeah, I thinks it's you.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:55 PM

axe muderer with headlights
“When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom”
Old 09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by racetested
Sounds like you have some major complex issues.

You seem butt hurt that your neighbors aren't ogling over your car and you assume jealously on their part. You then follow that up with pointing out how much better financially you are then them.

Yeah, I thinks it's you.
haha maybe you're right, I probably due have some issues--sometimes it's hard to explain the whole situation in a single post, the gist I was going for was people seemed to respond more favorably to my CLK vs. the C63 and I wanted to see how other peoples' neighbors felt about their C63.
I cited the other info because maybe the current times have something to due with it (i.e.: bad economy for some and not for me and my family).
Anyway, I'm not hurt that they're not "ogling" over it, I could have bought a much different car if I wanted that, for sure.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback from everyone--I can't believe this post made it to two pages--it was just a curiosity thing on my part.
The subject was not meant to be a deep discussion about my mental health, just some light observations others have encountered

BTW--I know some said other people see our cars as just another C-class, but I argue that anyone who hears our cars knows something is a little different than grandma's C.
Also those "clueless" people don't know a C-class from a S-class IMO and if they did pay attention to that they'd know AMG means something, no?
I think that the "clueless" people just think all MBs are the same, regardless of "class" my .02

Last edited by black-clk500; 09-14-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by black-clk500
haha maybe you're right, I probably due have some issues--sometimes it's hard to explain the whole situation in a single post, the gist I was going for was people seemed to respond more favorably to my CLK vs. the C63 and I wanted to see how other peoples' neighbors felt about their C63.
I cited the other info because maybe the current times have something to due with it (i.e.: bad economy for some and not for me and my family).
Anyway, I'm not hurt that they're not "ogling" over it, I could have bought a much different car if I wanted that, for sure.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback from everyone--I can't believe this post made it to two pages--it was just a curiosity thing on my part.
The subject was not meant to be a deep discussion about my mental health, just some light observations others have encountered

BTW--I know some said other people see our cars as just another C-class, but I argue that anyone who hears our cars knows something is a little different than grandma's C.
Also those "clueless" people don't know a C-class from a S-class IMO and if they did pay attention to that they'd know AMG means something, no?
I think that the "clueless" people just think all MBs are the same, regardless of "class" my .02
OK, you want some light observation? Here it is: People do like CLK's better, as long as they're Black Series CLK's ........ Seriously now, if your neighbors don't like you, it usually has very little to do with what car(s) you drive.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by SMP
OK, you want some light observation? Here it is: People do like CLK's better, as long as they're Black Series CLK's ........ Seriously now, if your neighbors don't like you, it usually has very little to do with what car(s) you drive.
I disagree..... If my neighbor wakes me up in the morning with loud car (be it a piece of $H1T or a nice car), I usually don't like them
Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
jealousy is the number one reason neighbors dont like you, so it mkae sense to do as realtors suggest, buy the least expensive house in the most expensive neighborhood you can afford
Old 09-15-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
future W204 owner
i agree with most, they probably see your C63 as a downgrade since it looks like a C class. They do not know that is under the hood and are probably shallow and only care about what the car looks like. Get a S class with honda engine swap and they will love you