Sponsored by:

OE Tuning Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
By the way props to the shop that Dynoed my car. Ed from Forcefed Engineering!

This is his...

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...=VIDEO0008.mp4

9.95 from a 4 cyl and he lifted on this run at about 1000'

Crazy!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by propain
By the way props to the shop that Dynoed my car. Ed from Forcefed Engineering!

This is his...

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...=VIDEO0008.mp4

9.95 from a 4 cyl and he lifted on this run at about 1000'

Crazy!
where did you get you car dynoed i would like to go
Old 09-17-2010, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mthis
where did you get you car dynoed i would like to go

Forcefed Engineering. Deer Park.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Forcefed Engineering. Deer Park.
did you go thru Bruce or you know them at the shop?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
did you go thru Bruce or you know them at the shop?
Not through Bruce. The shop he used was out of town until today I think. I found them on DynoJet site. Great guys. Big shop. Im sure you can find one much closer to you. Check the Dynojet site and pick from the list.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Not through Bruce. The shop he used was out of town until today I think. I found them on DynoJet site. Great guys. Big shop. Im sure you can find one much closer to you. Check the Dynojet site and pick from the list.
i found couple shops but they all suck. they use no fans or a 5mph fan, i know we tried to keep adding small fans and the more fans we added the more power i made so i still dont have a good number for my car. i need a place where they have big fans lol. its no big deal do.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
i found couple shops but they all suck. they use no fans or a 5mph fan, i know we tried to keep adding small fans and the more fans we added the more power i made so i still dont have a good number for my car. i need a place where they have big fans lol. its no big deal do.

There was a reason we needed ice. The Fans there weren't the best. They have one of those 5MPH fans and when the car was still blowing some big heat they grabbed another air circulating fan from the shop.

We also cranked the heat in between runs to cool her off then finally dropped ice bag on the intake in between runs. lol
Old 09-17-2010, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
900 miles?! Now your gonna hear a ton of 5H!t from everyone regarding engine break in. LOL

Oh nO! You should have waited another 100 miles! You gonna oil change her soon?

When you said that your voice sounded like a unic I was dieing laughing...
Aahhh the garbling of voice on video...

I gotta say black does look wicked. We should of just swapped cars...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 09-17-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
900 miles?! Now your gonna hear a ton of 5H!t from everyone regarding engine break in. LOL

Oh nO! You should have waited another 100 miles! You gonna oil change her soon?

When you said that your voice sounded like a unic I was dieing laughing...
Aahhh the garbling of voice on video...

I gotta say black does look wicked. We should of just swapped cars...
Funny because I miss my Silver!! lol

Post some new pics already!! The cats out of the bag!

Yeah my voice is about 5 octaves deeper. I guess when YouTube compressed the video it compressed my voice.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
There was a reason we needed ice. The Fans there weren't the best. They have one of those 5MPH fans and when the car was still blowing some big heat they grabbed another air circulating fan from the shop.

We also cranked the heat in between runs to cool her off then finally dropped ice bag on the intake in between runs. lol
ok now i know what to do next time i dyno. i never used ice before on dyno so this will be a 1st.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
ok now i know what to do next time i dyno. i never used ice before on dyno so this will be a 1st.
100% you should. It gives you nice consistency between runs. Lots of heat soak going on hammering the C63 with no real air circulation. You can see my first run she was hot. 2nd run was worthless. 3rd run after cooling. 4th and 5th very consistent. I found from Bruce at TTM today that I should have only run her in 5th gear. But you live and learn. I did have at least 1 5th gear pull and it was a little better than the 4th gear pull or I would have been back on the Dyno today! lol

Gotta cool this ***** down! Its like doing a 1/4 mile run every 5 mins for 1 hour. C63 gets hot and just starts dumping fuel.

That last run I saw from you was when you had a powerchip tune and it wasnt so hot. Anything after that?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Funny because I miss my Silver!! lol

Post some new pics already!! The cats out of the bag!

Yeah my voice is about 5 octaves deeper. I guess when YouTube compressed the video it compressed my voice.
Ok, you got it. New pics as soon as I wash her down today.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Also TTM did airbox mod and charcoal delete and K&N Filter.
What airbox mod?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by chubbs032
What airbox mod?
Speak with Bruce at TTM, hes the man. He takes the orignal airbox and fabricates it to allow more flow. If you look at it stock its quite restrictive. The MAF sensor is right.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
congrats on your numbers. Jeremy definitly knows his stuff.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Speak with Bruce at TTM, hes the man. He takes the orignal airbox and fabricates it to allow more flow. If you look at it stock its quite restrictive. The MAF sensor is right.
Any pics coming?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
100% you should. It gives you nice consistency between runs. Lots of heat soak going on hammering the C63 with no real air circulation. You can see my first run she was hot. 2nd run was worthless. 3rd run after cooling. 4th and 5th very consistent. I found from Bruce at TTM today that I should have only run her in 5th gear. But you live and learn. I did have at least 1 5th gear pull and it was a little better than the 4th gear pull or I would have been back on the Dyno today! lol

Gotta cool this ***** down! Its like doing a 1/4 mile run every 5 mins for 1 hour. C63 gets hot and just starts dumping fuel.

That last run I saw from you was when you had a powerchip tune and it wasnt so hot. Anything after that?
stock i dynoed 375 in 5th gear with tune at same shop i got 421 5th gear and haven't gone back to the SAME shop with headers yet. i did go to other dynos with my headers but all worthless. one dyno dynamic i got 433RWHP and 462 RWTQ which dont make 0 pennys lol and the other i got 39X to the wheels with no ice or fans the add 1 fan got over 410 then aother fan got over 440 then never dynoed again, i know she got alot more in her considering im runnin 11.5's in 2 diff track's in positive DA. hopefully my 11.5 will be 11.3 this winter at Atco
Old 09-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
In order to get the torque numbers, when your in win pep, you need to go all the way to the right on the graph, and select torque.

That will overlay your torque curve on your HP dyno.

Looks like you have a healthy C63, congrats and enjoy her in good health.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by chubbs032
Any pics coming?
I'm guessing he removes the black plastic tube inside the airbox. This would be the black cover that the charcoal filter sits on. Also you'd want to remove it from the neck of the airbox as well.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
I'm guessing he removes the black plastic tube inside the airbox. This would be the black cover that the charcoal filter sits on. Also you'd want to remove it from the neck of the airbox as well.
Yea I just wanted to get some pics, bc I was planning on dremeling mine soon. I was wondering if I could cut the squared off/flat part of the black neck or if another design was better.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
That is right, James. They remove the flat flap on the NA box tops. I thought about doing that when I started the "High Flow Box Dymystified" thread from last year but was concerned that the MAF wasn't fully shrouded and not giving the correct readings. Bruce said it shouldn't matter but I already bought the "ROW" box tops.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Am I understanding this correct: Your car made 447 rwhp with a tune and airboxes?

When you divide 447 rwhp by .80 you get 558 flywheel hp. Of course, that's just a close approximation. But that is a 107 hp increase at the flywheel.

That's a huge gain.

What I find interesting is, some E63 owners have had their cars tuned and realized no gains. And to my knowledge, there isn't that much hp left on the table when you're trying to tune an E63 to generate higher hp.

So, if an E63 -- which has larger diameter exhaust than a C63 -- could only hope to make another 30 rwhp at most -- I think -- from an aftermarket tune, which would put the E63 at about 445 rwhp, it would seem that your power numbers are at the maximum of what an M156 engine can safely make with just a tune.

I understand you have air boxes, so that may give you some extra power. Which air boxes are you using? ROW, Carbonio?

I'm not trying to discount your results. I'm just putting them in perspective (for me). Hopefully, I have my facts straight, if not please correct me.

Also, what octane gas was in your car when you got these dynos done?

One more question, if 4th gear is the proper gear to dyno C63's for accurate results, how did 4th and 5th gear pulls generate the same power?

Just to put something else in perspective, your car makes more hp and almost as much torque as some supercharged 2010-2011 Chevy Camaros. Frankly, I'm jealous. I'll get there in due time.

Edit: I just read the posts about your airbox upgrade. Sounds cool. I think I'm just going to order the ROW ones.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 09-17-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Am I understanding this correct: Your car made 447 rwhp with a tune and airboxes?

Thats correct.

When you divide 447 rwhp by .80 you get 558 flywheel hp. Of course, that's just a close approximation. But that is a 107 hp increase at the flywheel.

More like 545HP at the crank. Using 18% as a loss.

Its really more like 530HP at the crank. 451HP stock to 530HP 79HP gain from the tune and box mod, airbox mod and K&N Filter.

That's a huge gain.

What I find interesting is, some E63 owners have had their cars tuned and realized no gains. And to my knowledge, there isn't that much hp left on the table when you're trying to tune an E63 to generate higher hp.

The ECU is different on an E63 from what I understand.

So, if an E63 -- which has larger diameter exhaust than a C63 -- could only hope to make another 30 rwhp at most -- I think -- from an aftermarket tune, which would put the E63 at about 445 rwhp, it would seem that your power numbers are at the maximum of what an M156 engine can safely make with just a tune.

Pretty much same result as a 2010 with a p31 package shown in the other thread. It seems another car just did the same as me.

I understand you have air boxes, so that may give you some extra power. Which air boxes are you using? ROW, Carbonio?

Stock, modified air boxes by TTM.

I'm not trying to discount your results. I'm just putting them in perspective (for me). Hopefully, I have my facts straight, if not please correct me.

Facts are straight. I was very happy with the results as well.

Shell 93 Octane 1/4 tank of fuel.

One more question, if 4th gear is the proper gear to dyno C63's for accurate results, how did 4th and 5th gear pulls generate the same power?

4th and 5th generated the same HP but 5th made about 10 more torque. Its on the 2nd chart I posted.

Just to put something else in perspective, your car makes more hp and almost as much torque as some supercharged 2010-2011 Chevy Camaros. Frankly, I'm jealous. I'll get there in due time.

German Power!

Im thinking on doing the pulley next to see if I can squeak out a bit more.

Last edited by propain; 09-17-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Im thinking on doing the pulley next to see if I can squeak out a bit more.
Deutsche muscle, maybe.

I would be interested in the pulley. Seems like it definitely helps. Do you know whether our cars have electric power steering? Also, do you know if the new pulley would speed up the belt or slow it down? I know, rookie question, but I'm just curious.

Knowing my luck, I would probably experience some very unique and never before heard of problem with the pulley. Have you heard of any issues with the pulleys?

Regarding the P31 car, I don't think it dynod as high as yours stock. Actually, I just looked at two P31 dynos and both of them have very different torque numbers. Even the torque curves look like they are from different types of cars. It's strange. One of the P31 cars didn't even make 390 rwtq.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 09-17-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig

That's a huge gain.

Edit: I just read the posts about your airbox upgrade. Sounds cool. I think I'm just going to order the ROW ones.

5th gear is 1-1 on c63 not 4th so 4th would be the wrong gear to dyno in.

propain what did Bruce say to you about this the same no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OE Tuning Dyno Results