C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First day I really pushed the beast--unreal.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
First day I really pushed the beast--unreal.

hi all,
So it has been a little over a month since I took delivery of my car and I have babied it most of the time during the break-in period.
I hadn't driven it at all this week because work has been busy and the rain has been heavy.

So this morning I took it out on my local country roads--it was 53*F and a perfect morning to open up the beast.
After letting it warm up over the 176*F mark I switched to S mode and pushed it a little bit to warm the tires up.

After some spirited driving, I decided it was time to push this car.
I have about 970 miles on the clock, so that's close enough.
I brought it up a freshly paved country road that goes up hill with many switch backs and few homes.
I put it in M mode and gave it hell
I went up and down the road twice and was in heaven
SNAP CRACKLE POP through the down shifts on the way down and pushing it into the corners hard it was a total trip
Flying up the hill and pushing through the gears and just making a ton of noise!
I've driven a ton of cars, and this car is awesome--everything working in tandem and I never felt like I was running out of power whatsoever and the handling and braking was excellent

I then exited the country road onto a straight away country road and let it rip--as I approached the coming stop light I down shifted and braked through 3 or 4 gears and the popping and loud growls were just unbelievable.
As I approached the light a biker guy was walking out of a connivence store on the corner and looked to see what all the noise was about and he stared and nodded his head with shock and approval

This freakin' car is unreal--all of you who own them already know and those who are lurking and considering this car--get it NOW it is totally worth every penny!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Good times! And, if you really want to flip out, get a nice ecu flash tune...then your ear-to-ear smile will definitely never end while driving your C63 AMG. Enjoy!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by sflgator
Good times! And, if you really want to flip out, get a nice ecu flash tune...then your ear-to-ear smile will definitely never end while driving your C63 AMG. Enjoy!
I've got the P31 pkg so I've got a few extra horses already, but if anyone develops a proven tune for the P31 cars I'll get in line
Old 10-03-2010, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by black-clk500
I've got the P31 pkg so I've got a few extra horses already, but if anyone develops a proven tune for the P31 cars I'll get in line
If I'm correct, I'm fairly certain that the current ecu flash tunes will also add a decent about of HP/TQ to your car as well (even your P31 package car is severley detuned by AMG); look at my sig...don't think your car has anywhere near that kind of HP/TQ still. Check with RENNtech, Kleemann, MHP, etc.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Great writeup; I felt like I was riding shotgun. Yeah, this car is a real machine. AMG created a masterpiece at the pricepoint.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by sflgator
If I'm correct, I'm fairly certain that the current ecu flash tunes will also add a decent about of HP/TQ to your car as well (even your P31 package car is severley detuned by AMG)
You are incorrect. The P31-tuned cars are making almost identical power on the dyno and performing almost identically at the drag strip as aftermarket-tuned cars.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
I think it's obviously clear that everyone can disregard the 481HP rating MB uses and accept it as only marketing/model hierarchy. The P31 is a detuned 63 engine comparable with most aftermarket tuning software for C63 or equal to the power output of E/SL/etc as pointed out above.