Sponsored by:

About to Take Plunge Number Two!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Black C63 AMG
Hey ifkamg,

A few years ago when I was stationed in Bamberg, I had Markuzzi install a koni coliover on my e36 M3 Sedan. They did a good job. I was completely satisfied. I believe that he has expanded a great deal since then, but my past experience with them was positive. I hope this helps you.

Markuzzi Exclusive
Angerstrasse 85
96231 Bad Staffelstein
Old 10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by ifkamg

2) I don't want to be the guy with the race car that doesn't race. You know, the one people often direct the word 'waste' at. I don't really need all the race car features it has for daily driving, spirited runs, and occasional auto-x.
You're considering putting $27 THOUSAND DOLLARS into cosmetic upgrades, and you're thinking that people WON'T direct the word "waste" at you? LOL that should be the last of your worries no matter which vehicle you choose.

The GTR isn't a waste of $$$ if you enjoy the performance. You don't have to track it all the time to make it 'worth it.' Sure you'll have what other GTR owners have, but how many GTRs are there out there? Far fewer than C63s.

However, it seems like you may be on a tighter budget than you let on. Saying you won't have $$$ for upgrades if you buy the GTR may mean that you won't have the $$$ for the intensive maintenance required on that car either. It's none of my business what your financials are like but I'm just responding to what you've posted.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:03 AM

09 c63
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
You're considering putting $27 THOUSAND DOLLARS into cosmetic upgrades, and you're thinking that people WON'T direct the word "waste" at you? LOL that should be the last of your worries no matter which vehicle you choose.

I know it seems silly, but cosmetic upgrades wouldn't really be 'wasted'. I would get unlimited fulfillment from looking at them, and other people (friends, family, randoms, etc.) would get enjoyment from looking at them or riding in my car. I would purchase them and always use them to their maximum effectiveness every time I drove the car. Whether or not any amount of money spent on cosmetics is a waste is a completely different topic that I do NOT want to get in to .

With a track-bred car I just feel like I wouldn't be getting the most out of it even 10% of the time I'm driving it.

The GTR isn't a waste of $$$ if you enjoy the performance. You don't have to track it all the time to make it 'worth it.' Sure you'll have what other GTR owners have, but how many GTRs are there out there? Far fewer than C63s.

Very good point. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. I know for sure that my c63 puts a smile on my face every time I get on it after two years . I'm sure a GT-R would do even better.

However, it seems like you may be on a tighter budget than you let on. Saying you won't have $$$ for upgrades if you buy the GTR may mean that you won't have the $$$ for the intensive maintenance required on that car either. It's none of my business what your financials are like but I'm just responding to what you've posted.

It's a complicated financial situation that I'd rather not get in to on here. I have my stuff worked out though .
Thanks again for the great advice!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Don;t you have to do a transmission fluid change every 3k miles.. using the $80 a bottle (I believe about 10 of them) fluid that has to be done by Nissan or your void the warranty and costs around $1000+ a pop... that's one expensive maint schedule especially if your going to be using it as a daily driver.

Also.. if you look at it wrong.. they void your warranty.. sneeze in the car.. warranty void, fail to bring the car into nissan (you cannot really use an independent shop as they don't have the tools or systems to interface with the GT-R), they void the warranty..

I know I am being funny, and don't get me wrong, the GT-R is a fantastic car that I almost picked up (a pre owned one), but there are too many little things that stack up against it, most of which is Nissans handling of the warranty issues (they will, and do, even though they lost the launch control law suit, find any and every reason to not warranty the GT-R's when they can), and the maint costs are sky high.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Don;t you have to do a transmission fluid change every 3k miles.. using the $80 a bottle (I believe about 10 of them) fluid that has to be done by Nissan or your void the warranty and costs around $1000+ a pop... that's one expensive maint schedule especially if your going to be using it as a daily driver.

Also.. if you look at it wrong.. they void your warranty.. sneeze in the car.. warranty void, fail to bring the car into nissan (you cannot really use an independent shop as they don't have the tools or systems to interface with the GT-R), they void the warranty..

I know I am being funny, and don't get me wrong, the GT-R is a fantastic car that I almost picked up (a pre owned one), but there are too many little things that stack up against it, most of which is Nissans handling of the warranty issues (they will, and do, even though they lost the launch control law suit, find any and every reason to not warranty the GT-R's when they can), and the maint costs are sky high.
no
Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'17 CLS550
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht

Where do you people read this *****?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'17 CLS550
Originally Posted by soldier2304
I would get a used GT3.. That's a serious head turner and not some rice japanese "supercar wannabe" expensive Nissan. BTW to whoever said that a GT-R is a rare supercar lol you should come to Miami. Most likely one of the few places that I see more GT-R's than C63's.
Congrats -- you live in the only place on the face of the earth where there are more GT-R's than a C63 Benz