Sponsored by:

Dads C63 goes 10.987 at OSW FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by propain
I dont think LHZ has any clue about track racing or the different classes that are associated with it. I guess he only considers top fuel as a track car.
Above in bold...that is your problem; THINKING.
So think about this for a beat....and I hate to do this as I rarely feel compelled to list what I feel makes me qualified to speak about track cars/racing....But I grew up getting driving pointers from guys like David Hobbs and Brian Redman, spent every weekend I could at IMSA and CAN AM events where my families business employed the aforementioned drivers, went on to run spec racers in SCCA Pro series and run F3000 in Europe and most recently spent 4 years running business development and race strategy for a GrandAm team running a M3GT, 996 and 7 cup cars as well as two Daytona Prototypes.
So, I THINK I have a pretty good idea of exactly what a dedicated track car is and I KNOW my knowledge far exceeds whatever two measly track cars you think you might have and the club racing experience you bring to the table.

Last edited by LZH; 10-14-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats buddy! I know you wanted to get into the 10s badly. The car is amazing! The C63 AMG is a very versatile car. Keith and Howard have built 2 very impressive machines that kick some serious tail both on the drag strip and road racing. It's definitely not a dedicated track car and can easily make a grocery store run. It will just scare the crap out of most of the senior citizens in the parking lot though. :-)

Last edited by roncfpz; 10-14-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
OK, lets see here, you're stating your opinion of what a "track car" is and is not while simultaneously making fun of people who share a different opinion.
I was not stating my "opinion" - I was stating FACT that I derive from many years of racing involvement. And I'm not making "fun" of anyone...I'm simply pointing out their lack of knowledge. So why don't you answer a quick question...Does a dedicated track car have AC, CD player, heated seats and electric windows??

Dads C63 isn't a "dedicated track car?" I think it shows tremendous dedication to the track to trailer your car there. (I know it can be driven there, while towing a motorhome, and with 3 kids in the car -- it's very streetable; I get it).
Well if you KNOW it can be driven there then you have proven yourself WRONG. It was mentioned earlier that they CHOOSE to trailer it there....for whatever reason...the fact that it's trailered BY CHOICE and if they wanted they could drive it; by definition means it's NOT a dedicated track car - otherwise it WOULD'T BE STREET LEGAL!!!!!!
Regarding your distinguishment between NOS and F/I, it's completely irrelevant to this thread. I'm not sure what the significance is that F/I is constantly available in comparison to NOS, which runs out with use.
It is NOT irrelevant to this thread as others have commented on it (F/I vs NOS, see page 2 of this thread discussed at length). And the fact that you can't see the significant difference just shows your lack of knowledge. So let me break it down for you, genius...F/I is a MECHANICAL power adder....it requires NOTHING to add power except AIR which last time I checked we have a pretty abundant and CHEAP supply of. NOS runs out and has to be refilled. If you can't make that distinction then I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by LZH; 10-14-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
I think anyone wandering into this thread knows Dads C63 has been chasing 10s for a long time, and most of us know what he's done to his car to get there. Is this discussion really about his car losing its identity? Seriously? I don't think it was Dads or benscott that said their car is the envy of everyone...it seems to me the ones responding to that comment are the defensive ones.

Anyway, congrats to you guys...I've found the information you've provided to this board to be very helpful, and I know it's helped me to make informed decisions about what parts to purchase for my car.

I too was never a big fan of nitrous as some others around here, I guess the fear factor surrounding it and also having an empty bottle when you want to use it the most turned me off. But after seeing the results you've been getting with the nitrous, and reading up and learning more about some of the safety measures now in place with the higher end systems, I'm even considering doing a smaller 50-75 shot myself. Those progressive controllers sound like they make all the difference now, and the fact that numerous people have told me the 63 loves nitrous.

Are you guys running the wideband O2 sensors with the controller so it cuts out the nitrous if it detects the car is running to lean or rich? I think this is just another added safety measure, but wasn't sure if you guys found it necessary.

Also, you said you had to set the upper RPM limit to 5800. Is that because with the size shot you are running, the RPMs rise to quickly and the ECU/TCU can't react quickly enough to shift to the next gear before hitting the limiter? If so, have you considered just running a smaller shot?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
sflgator,
I tried to see your side and explain how we got where we are. Stop the name calling unless you are purposely trying to start something again. Ben is a well respected divisional manager here and works extremely hard helping me with the car so cut him some slack for being defensive. He has the same passion I do and takes it to heart like many. As far as RStevens63 he's another finatic that loves racing and knows the car so take it easy. Come on, I was trying to calm things down and you gotta go name calling and thats not helping.

BTW, the seats are all in and stay in 99% of the time so that doesn't make it a track car. The cage is out and stays out 99% of the time also. The car looks perfectly normal 99% of the time if you see it at the car shows etc....

Okay, wasn't trying to start anything negative and I apologize for the name calling...not intentional.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RStevens63
I have no relation to Dads other than I respect what he's doing.

Sorry but I will not entertain the type of IGNORANCE it takes to accept your point of view. How about you get off your *** and see the car in person before running your mouth about it? Is that too much to ask? Unbelievable.

You are a hypocrite and a poor one at that. Enjoy running low 12s high 11s with your BMW.
How old are you? Stop acting like a child! You could learn a lot of from Dad's Internet Forum politics and good manners....watch and listen, little man. There are no need for threats, challenges, hostility or extreme defensiveness. Chill out and "lighten up Francis!" LOL.

Last edited by sflgator; 10-14-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:31 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
you guys are too much....

DadsC63, great job!

A well earned slip!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Sweet! It must feel good to have conquered that goal.

Now what's next.....

Old 10-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
A tremendous accomplishment.

Not too many 10-second MBs roaming the boulevards. Congratulations!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:02 PM

no more AMG
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Sweet! It must feel good to have conquered that goal.

Now what's next.....

Old 10-14-2010, 11:06 PM

E63
Originally Posted by sflgator
How old are you? Stop acting like a child! You could learn a lot of from Dad's Internet Forum politics and good manners....watch and listen, little man. There are no need for threats, challenges, hostility or extreme defensiveness. Chill out and "relax Francis!" LOL.
I reread all our posts and frankly can only find where you and propain have to fall back on name calling (fanboy, douche, Francis, etc) in your own defensiveness--that is simply childishness. I would define you calling me a "little man" to be the very definition of irony (I hear your a wittle hairy guy ) though again you'll have to excuse my narrow "fan boy" scope on the matter. For you to type a post like that and then tell me how to act is just too funny for words, project much? LOL

I fail to see any threats whatsoever, nor challenges, maybe you can point them out or just recant on that like everything else you've posted; thats what happens when you have no solid basis for making a subjective statement, so next time just don't bother posting. In fact all I see is flawed logic and GTR worshiping which I addressed already. I also can't find your own track results that you said you posted? You ran a 12 what?

To put it another way, there are people on this forum that deserve respect, not because they want it but because they've earned it. Dads is one of them, you are not. You are simply another keyboard jockey that doesn't even know the vee angle of the motor under the hood of his soon to be track car with stupid loud headers.

LZH, I agree with everything you've said however the NHRA and IHRA (let's face it we are talking about drag racing right) both consider nitrous to be a PA just like superchargers or turbos. They are the largest drag racing sanctioning bodies in the world so not much to argue against there.
No S/Ts don't run out, but they do heatsoak like a champ, nitrous doesn't and if you bring four 15lb bottles to the track you aren't going to run out anytime soon. Nitrous works just like S/Ts by supplying a larger volume of 02 than the motor would normally see, only difference is as you pointed out S/Ts don't run out.

Obviously you don't see many OT cars running spray for good reason, however in this instance PA vs PA is accurate by definition.

Respect is given where it's due, I respect LZHs racing experience, I see nothing of the sort presented by either sflgator or propain. Just angry words from people that have never set or raised the bar on any level, just followers that criticize the advancements that others have worked for and attained.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
The fact he has 26k miles in 2 years tells me it's more than a trailer queen track car.
FWIW, my car has > 30k mi. on it in just over 1 year dude...I drive my car everyday all over S. Florida for my career...26k mi. in 2 years to me is like a "trailer queen" weekend track car, lol...j/k...no need for a long diatribe defense dude, haha. You see I'm just playing with you now, right?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
I would define you calling me a "little man" to be the very definition of irony (I hear your a wittle hairy guy ) though again you'll have to excuse my narrow "fan boy" scope on the matter.

I fail to see any threats whatsoever, nor challenges, maybe you can point them out or just recant on that like everything else you've posted; thats what happens when you have no solid basis for making a subjective statement, so next time just don't bother posting. I also can't find your own track results that you said you posted? You ran a 12 what?

To put it another way, there are people on this forum that deserve respect, not because they want it but because they've earned it. Dads is one of them, you are not. You are simply another keyboard jockey that doesn't even know the vee angle of the motor under the hood of his soon to be track car with stupid loud headers.

Respect is given where it's due, I respect LZHs racing experience, I see nothing of the sort presented by either sflgator or propain. Just angry words from people that have never set or raised the bar on any level, just followers that criticize the advancements that others have worked for and attained.
1. I'm certainly no little (or 'wittle') hairy guy at all. Not sure who gave you that idea as only a small handful of MBW members and I have actually met.

2. Do a search...I'm sure I posted my results here of 12.4sec. @ 115mph running on almost bald street tires w/ a horrendous 2.048sec. 60ft. time @ PBIR; it's on DragTimes.com anyway. That was back in Dec., '09 and the last time I went to the track. Unlike some people here, I'm too busy to go to the track every other weekend, so I go maybe 2 times/year just to have fun with the guys and see what my car can do. I don't run at every event I'm able to go to nor do I run to the track every chance I get to practice my launch technique...it's just not my thing and not really important to ME.

3. I believe it was either you or Ben or both of you that demanded I go to the track and race Keith (and get my *** kicked...well, naturally dude...look at his mods vs. mine and look at his track experience vs. mine ). Those to me are childish threats and challenges just because you don't agree with my perspective; childish dude, just childish.

4. I'm certainly not angry in any way. I gave props and congratulated Keith for his accomplishment. Like Soldier said before, some of us drive and mod our C63 AMG's just for fun without any speed or 1/4 mi. track record in mind. And, guess what dude? That's OKAY!

Last edited by sflgator; 10-14-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by LZH
Above in bold...that is your problem; THINKING.
So think about this for a beat....and I hate to do this as I rarely feel compelled to list what I feel makes me qualified to speak about track cars/racing....But I grew up getting driving pointers from guys like David Hobbs and Brian Redman, spent every weekend I could at IMSA and CAN AM events where my families business employed the aforementioned drivers, went on to run spec racers in SCCA Pro series and run F3000 in Europe and most recently spent 4 years running business development and race strategy for a GrandAm team running a M3GT, 996 and 7 cup cars as well as two Daytona Prototypes.
So, I THINK I have a pretty good idea of exactly what a dedicated track car is and I KNOW my knowledge far exceeds whatever two measly track cars you think you might have and the club racing experience you bring to the table.
Your previous moronic comment negated everything you said above. Next time think before you post such stupidity and you wouldnt have to explain yourself.

I dont find the need to explain myself to a forum troll about my track experience. The only thing you got on me is age you old fart.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
All I see is a fan boy. You have some race experience you would like to add to this discussion? You didnt even know who I was 2 posts ago, calling me out of some 1/4 mile times that werent even mine. Now you know me and my race experience?

You are acting like Dad's car is yours. How about post some of your time slips big man? Stop living through him and put up or please.. SHUT UP.

Show me angry words directly at Dad's please. Anywhere. I would love to see them. The angry words were for you flying off the handle when someone gave an opinion in a PUBLIC forum that you didnt like and that werent even directed you. You gotta be a little kid the way your acting. How old? 20? 25? GROW UP. If you dont wanna hear opinions (good and bad) DONT POST YOUR RESULTS.

So please, in your next reply. Show me those angry words putting down Dad's accomplishment.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
It's really not that hard people. If the dam thing is street legal then it's not a track car. simple as that.

Remember top gear saying that to be allowed on the board it had to be able to drive over a bobby ( police man) aka. not be lowered so much that it could not clear a speed bump.

I just don't get it. The dude put some giggle gas in and did a sub 11 sec run. WTF is up with the hating.

It's not like he gutted the car. Unless he is in california and even then removing all the cats and straight pipes with 98 octane the car will still pass emissions. which MAKES IT A STOCK CAR. i think you strange acting silly kids should go watch pinks or something..
Old 10-15-2010, 12:24 AM

E63
All I see is a fan boy. You have some race experience you would like to add to this discussion? You didnt even know who I was 2 posts ago, calling me out of some 1/4 mile times that werent even mine. Now you know me and my race experience?
That's my point, you are a nobody pretending to be a somebody by hiding behind your keyboard yapping like a rat terrier.

Let's go over this again, you've told me directly you race a '74 Chrysler (awesome, not really), and somehow that makes you an expert on what constitutes a track only car. Kind of like the removable rollbar or stupid loud headers comment, the words you type tell me you don't know **** from shinola. You talk like the car has lexan windows and no HVAC or stereo, ROFL. It's a full interior car with all MB driveline parts. You can't debate it so **** off already you are wrong it's as simple as that. Dads car weighs 4100lbs with nitrous in it, that's more than a stock car by 150lbs. Yeah real track car there LMAO.

You are acting like Dad's car is yours. How about post some of your time slips big man? Stop living through him and put up or please.. SHUT UP.
Why don't you come to MIR and watch me race? I'll even pay your entry fee if you promise to call me a douche again. Actually the name kind of fits because I know a ***** when I see one.

Show me angry words directly at Dad's please. Anywhere. I would love to see them. The angry words were for you flying off the handle when someone gave an opinion in a PUBLIC forum that you didnt like and that werent even directed you. You gotta be a little kid the way your acting. How old? 20? 25? GROW UP. If you dont wanna hear opinions (good and bad) DONT POST YOUR RESULTS.
Who the hell asked you anything? Did anyone ask you for your perspective on Dads car or his accomplishments? **** no. Why would they? You have nothing knowledgeable to add to the discussion.

Where you're wrong is that your opinions (however misguided and flat out wrong) were never asked for. Start your own thread if you want to whine like a little girl about track vs street cars, no one here wants to hear it, end of story. This thread is about Dads and his accomplishments, not you, not what you consider to be a track car, not your 74 Chrysler.

Just because he posts about breaking into the 10s doesn't mean you have to add your worthless 2 cents. Comprende?

So please, in your next reply. Show me those angry words putting down Dad's accomplishment.
Reread the thread, your posts have added nothing as far as quality content you are simply wasting bandwidth in a thread you have no business posting in. This is not 3rd grade where everyone's opinions are warranted (start your own thread by all means, just stop ****ting in this one) this is Dads thread and has nothing to do with you or your mentally challenged "thinking".

PM me if you have anything more to say, I would think those 2 brain cells would be horribly overtaxed at this point, this thread has been derailed enough.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 AM

E63
Originally Posted by sighting
It's really not that hard people. If the dam thing is street legal then it's not a track car. simple as that.

Remember top gear saying that to be allowed on the board it had to be able to drive over a bobby ( police man) aka. not be lowered so much that it could not clear a speed bump.

I just don't get it. The dude put some giggle gas in and did a sub 11 sec run. WTF is up with the hating.

It's not like he gutted the car. Unless he is in california and even then removing all the cats and straight pipes with 98 octane the car will still pass emissions. which MAKES IT A STOCK CAR. i think you strange acting silly kids should go watch pinks or something..
Could not have said it better myself.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:28 AM

E63
Your previous moronic comment negated everything you said above. Next time think before you post such stupidity and you wouldnt have to explain yourself.

I dont find the need to explain myself to a forum troll about my track experience. The only thing you got on me is age you old fart.
Age= Experience. Speaking of, how old are you, 20, 25?

LZH is a respected member of this forum with the credentials to back his claims, you are still a nobody that races a 74 chrysler.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 AM

E63
1. I'm certainly no little (or 'wittle') hairy guy at all. Not sure who gave you that idea as only a small handful of MBW members and I have actually met.
That was my fault, I was incorrect in saying that to you, wrong person and I apologize for that.

2. Do a search...I'm sure I posted my results here of 12.4sec. @ 115mph running on almost bald street tires w/ a horrendous 2.048sec. 60ft. time @ PBIR; it's on DragTimes.com anyway. That was back in Dec., '09 and the last time I went to the track. Unlike some people here, I'm too busy to go to the track every other weekend, so I go maybe 2 times/year just to have fun with the guys and see what my car can do. I don't run at every event I'm able to go to nor do I run to the track every chance I get to practice my launch technique...it's just not my thing and not really important to ME.
No one ever said you had to be a drag racer to post, just that you shouldn't post if you don't know what you're talking about. If you race 2x a year, you don't know what you're talking about--not being rude just stating facts. BTW, with drag radials there is no launch technique you heat them up and floor it. 2.048 isn't a bad short time for bald street tires, though I would've expected a higher trap with that being the case (spinning=higher trap)

3. I believe it was either you or Ben or both of you that demanded I go to the track and race Keith (and get my *** kicked...well, naturally dude...look at his mods vs. mine and look at his track experience vs. mine ). Those to me are childish threats and challenges just because you don't agree with my perspective; childish dude, just childish.
Wasn't me.

4. I'm certainly not angry in any way. I gave props and congratulated Keith for his accomplishment. Like Soldier said before, some of us drive and mod our C63 AMG's just for fun without any speed or 1/4 mi. track record in mind. And, guess what dude? That's OKAY!
I agree 100% with that statement, enjoy your car as you will.

What's not ok is when people talk about things that are over their heads or speak negatively about something they know nothing about. That kind of misinformation helps no one.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:36 AM

E63
FWIW, my car has > 30k mi. on it in just over 1 year dude...I drive my car everyday all over S. Florida for my career...26k mi. in 2 years to me is like a "trailer queen" weekend track car, lol...j/k...no need for a long diatribe defense dude, haha. You see I'm just playing with you now, right?
I can break ***** and have mine broken all day without being offended, I'm guessing you are the same way. No harm no foul. I can admit when I'm wrong, just waiting to see if others can do the same--not you.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 AM

e63s edition 1
ok enough.. here is a lollipop for both of you.//
and DAD's put down the popcorn and come get one for breaking the 11sec.

i just had my *** handed to me today by a rx6 on my 420hp 944T porsche.
I think a round of love all around is on me
Old 10-15-2010, 12:56 AM
LZH
Banned

LZH, I agree with everything you've said however the NHRA and IHRA (let's face it we are talking about drag racing right) both consider nitrous to be a PA just like superchargers or turbos.

I agree...but that same distinguishment for power adders by both sanctioning bodies is a direct result of massive amounts of advertising dollars being spent to keep an even playing field. I liken it to NASCAR'S competitive yellow flag
It's lame....but that's what happens when corporate sponsors pour staggering amounts of $$$$ into a sport.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:31 AM

e63s edition 1
squirrel >>>
Old 10-15-2010, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Worlds fastest 63 as of today. I am amazed and equally impressed by the development and continual improvement in performance.

It is silly for folks to spin this into something less than spectacular. I hope Keith continues to push this motor, I know there is so much more to be learned.

For those thinking this is all because of Nitrous, its absolutely not the case

This car has run faster off the bottle and with a slightly improved 60ft time this car could achieve a 10 second pass off the bottle. 11.24 was run N/A, right?

This is a truly remarkable feat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dads C63 goes 10.987 at OSW FINALLY!!