C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by Dads Perf. LLC
Hey Mike,
I believe they told me the FRP weighs approximately twice what the C/F hood weighs but its still a significant savings over the stock heavy steel hood. If my memory serves me right there was right at 40# savings stock to the C/F hood. I will have a new one to weigh in a week or so. If someone can remove their stock hood and weigh it I'll be able to give you a comparison.

THANK YOU again for the orders!!
You can weigh my stock hood once we remove it to install the c/f one.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Hey Mike,
I believe they told me the FRP weighs approximately twice what the C/F hood weighs but its still a significant savings over the stock heavy steel hood. If my memory serves me right there was right at 40# savings stock to the C/F hood. I will have a new one to weigh in a week or so. If someone can remove their stock hood and weigh it I'll be able to give you a comparison.

THANK YOU again for the orders!!
Hey Keith,

Thanks for the info.

What is the absolute last possible day that I can change to CF?

Still deciding.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Hey Keith,

Thanks for the info.

What is the absolute last possible day that I can change to CF?

Still deciding.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,
That will most likely be next week. They are supposed to ship the first hood to me before weeks end so I will have it next week. Then I have to turn in the final order. I will let you know exactly when I need to know and let you decide then.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Mike,
That will most likely be next week. They are supposed to ship the first hood to me before weeks end so I will have it next week. Then I have to turn in the final order. I will let you know exactly when I need to know and let you decide then.
Thanks Keith.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Finally pics of the first hood! Its on the way to me so I'll have some better close up aned installed pics the first of next week!! Here's what I have:

Dads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!-c63-newhooddesign.jpg
Dads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!-c63-cfrearvents.jpg
Dads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!-c63-cflouvers.jpg

If you want to order one I'll need to know and have the deposit next week so don't wait any longer. THANK YOU to all those that have ordered one!!
I hope you are as excited about this as I am. its Christmas all over again!!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
That looks hotttttttttttttttttt. Im excited
Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
It looks sick!! I can't wait to have all my dads performance parts!!!

Finally pics of the first hood! Its on the way to me so I'll have some better close up aned installed pics the first of next week!! Here's what I have:

If you want to order one I'll need to know and have the deposit next week so don't wait any longer. THANK YOU to all those that have ordered one!!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
looks great!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:49 AM

C63 w/p30; MHP ECU tune+header+mids+CF air intake duct+Akrapovic+wide body kit+ Vorsteiner VS110
Originally Posted by harrower
looks great!
+1!+1!+......
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V

Wow!

That looks awesome Keith.

Change mine to carbon fiber please.

Mike
Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 PM

2010 c63,09 CaymanS,08 VW Touaregv10tdi,99vette hardtop,Triumph1050Tiger,Kaw,klr 650
Oh boy....oh boy....It looks great! What are most of you guys going to do as far as paint? My cars black....and I have considered leaving it C/F. I dont want to look like a honda...at least some of that pretty C/F needs to show I recon...maybe just the vents ...or even the edges of the vents left raw?

I may just run it for awhile and paint later. Would love to see some pics...and hear others ideas.

Oh boy...Oh boy! Can not wait!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by trapper
Oh boy....oh boy....It looks great! What are most of you guys going to do as far as paint? My cars black....and I have considered leaving it C/F. I dont want to look like a honda...at least some of that pretty C/F needs to show I recon...maybe just the vents ...or even the edges of the vents left raw?

I may just run it for awhile and paint later. Would love to see some pics...and hear others ideas.

I'm going to paint mine Obsidain black. Maybe leave the vents CF only.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Here is what I have confirmed to date.
Anyone else want to order one with this group buy?
After this they will be regular price and the sea freight is about $350 each depending where its going.

1. Dads C63 - Carbon Fiber
2. Hughes1 - Carbon Fiber
3. Dodger63 - Carbon Fiber
4. bhamg - Carbon Fiber
5. PetroC55 - Carbon Fiber
6. SonnyakaPig - Carbon Fiber
7. faresuae - Carbon Fiber
8. Harrower - Carbon Fiber
9. Mperor - Carbon Fiber
10. trapper - Carbon Fiber
11. Maverick1975 - Carbon Fiber
12. Jeremy OE Tuning - Carbon Fiber
13. MrWolf - Carbon Fiber
14. Dr. Q - Carbon Fiber
THANKS Everyone!!!!
Hopefully the first one will be here next week so I can approve and get the rest coming.

Last edited by Dads Perf. LLC; 12-30-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

Oh boy is right! This hood looks awesome.

I'm going to leave the hood C/F for a while. I think it will look sharp on the black car.

I can't wait.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:01 PM

2010 c63,09 CaymanS,08 VW Touaregv10tdi,99vette hardtop,Triumph1050Tiger,Kaw,klr 650
I think I may too....at least for awhile.. leave it unpainted. I don't have a diffuser or rear spoiler in C/F and think I need something on the rear to tie things together. I do want to make sure the CF looks the same. How would you make sure that different parts match? Fingers crossed ..lol
Old 12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
You can have a good body shop fade the color in like mine.

Dads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!-signaturepic2-1.jpgDads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!-signaturepic1.jpg
Old 12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I think I may too....at least for awhile.. leave it unpainted. I don't have a diffuser or rear spoiler in C/F and think I need something on the rear to tie things together. I do want to make sure the CF looks the same. How would you make sure that different parts match? Fingers crossed ..lol
Thanks! Now I have to start thinking about Dad's new trunk/spoiler to tie everything together.

Btw, Keith your car looks awesome in those pics.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
This looks incredible...a perfect combination of function and beauty...I just cannot wait to have it painted and installed. Subtle enough for my overall aesthetic too...a masterful job Keith!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by PetroC63
I'm going to paint mine Obsidain black. Maybe leave the vents CF only.
That would be my choice as well.... perfect combination
Old 12-29-2010, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
That looks awesome keith. I am also going to leave carbon fibre vents exposed. I think with my tenorite grey paint colour the contrast will look great but not be to stark. Cannot wait to get this!

Several questions:

1) The material that lines the underside of the stock hood, is that fire retardant, noise suppresion or heat protection? Will the CF hood come with the underside just as it is in the pictures - nothing more required?
2) Do you remain confident that no change to the stock hood lifters/jacks is required to accomodate a lighter hood?
3) With your experience, are you aware of any special problems painting carbon fibre? Is the surface preparation and different / more difficult?

Thanks

Ben
Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
That looks awesome keith. I am also going to leave carbon fibre vents exposed. I think with my tenorite grey paint colour the contrast will look great but not be to stark. Cannot wait to get this!

Several questions:

1) The material that lines the underside of the stock hood, is that fire retardant, noise suppresion or heat protection? Will the CF hood come with the underside just as it is in the pictures - nothing more required?
2) Do you remain confident that no change to the stock hood lifters/jacks is required to accomodate a lighter hood?
3) With your experience, are you aware of any special problems painting carbon fibre? Is the surface preparation and different / more difficult?

Thanks

Ben
Hey Ben,
The hood comes just as you see it. The material that is under the stock hood is heavy by itself and to be honest I'm not sure exactly what purpose it serves. It may be to reduce sound, hold heat, or just insullation. I have been running the C/F hood for over a year in extreme conditions with zero problems. This new one with the louvers and vents will be even better for heat extraction as discussed.

It will work fine with the stock struts. Again, I've had them on the hood since it was installed. All I do is pull the hood down carefully from more than one point on the front. I usually grab it close to the strut support and center and its fine.

As far as painting its just as easy as the FRP, only lighter.
When they painted mine I had them do a complete clear coat over the factory finish and would recommend that also.

Any other questions?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I have a question? All u buying carbon for weight reduction, then painting it and adding a few layers of clear coat. All your really doing is adding weight? Ok my question sorry has anyone painted a carbon hood trunk whatever and weighed before and after?

Hey Ben,
The hood comes just as you see it. The material that is under the stock hood is heavy by itself and to be honest I'm not sure exactly what purpose it serves. It may be to reduce sound, hold heat, or just insullation. I have been running the C/F hood for over a year in extreme conditions with zero problems. This new one with the louvers and vents will be even better for heat extraction as discussed.

It will work fine with the stock struts. Again, I've had them on the hood since it was installed. All I do is pull the hood down carefully from more than one point on the front. I usually grab it close to the strut support and center and its fine.

As far as painting its just as easy as the FRP, only lighter.
When they painted mine I had them do a complete clear coat over the factory finish and would recommend that also.

Any other questions?
Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG

Looks great Keith! Planning on painting mine and leaving vents CF.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dodger63
I have a question? All u buying carbon for weight reduction, then painting it and adding a few layers of clear coat. All your really doing is adding weight? Ok my question sorry has anyone painted a carbon hood trunk whatever and weighed before and after?
I'm buying the hood for heat extraction from the engine compartment. The fact that it'll probably look fantastic on the car is a huge bonus. As far as the added weight of the paint is concerned, perhaps 30-50% of the wet weight of the paint sprayed as a rough rule of thumb? (Weight of the leftover solids less solvent/water.)
Old 12-30-2010, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by bhamg
I'm buying the hood for heat extraction from the engine compartment. The fact that it'll probably look fantastic on the car is a huge bonus. As far as the added weight of the paint is concerned, perhaps 30-50% of the wet weight of the paint sprayed as a rough rule of thumb? (Weight of the leftover solids less solvent/water.)
Are we talking 2lbs 7lbs 10lbs? Or is it just negligible?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!