End of discussion
Old 12-02-2010, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by callmiro
Just watch Battle of the Supercars tonight. CTS-V vs E63

End of discussion

Overall car. E63 easily. Performance only? CTSV.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by propain
Maybe a car forum isn't a good place for you.
Umm no i m on this forum almost everyday, its just that there is a new thread like this EVERYDAY and its getting very old!!!!!!!

Last edited by tasho3; 12-02-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by tasho3
Umm no i m on this forum almost everyday, its just that there is a new thread like this EVERYDAY and its getting very old!!!!!!!
There is a topic every day about almost every subject bro. Not trying to jump all over you but honestly this is what you do on a car forum. Debate everything from tires to car brands. The last CTSV Vs C63 thread was over 3 months ago. Not even close to every day....

Every winter I see about 2-3 "what tire should I get for the winter" thread on this forum a month. Its the way car forums go...
Old 12-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2008 Audi TT Roadster (Sold)
I've never sat or drivin in a CTS-V because I live in Australia and we don't have them here but DAMN, that's one MINGING car!!!

I almost threw up when I saw it on google images...
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by emericr
Italian Stalion: Don't know where you are located but would love for you to back up your claim and come to the mile run in Miami next time and see how you pull on us like a freight train.
None of the CTS-V last time that were runnin (see my post above) there could outperform us and were much slower...
I'm pretty sure a Hennessey CTS-V has been running 185 at the Texas Mile all day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cydni...layer_embedded

Last edited by callmiro; 12-02-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:39 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E43
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo
I liked the CTS-V a lot, but in the end the dealerships I visited were outdated, understaffed and poorly serviced. The salesman were uninformed and treated me badly. It was difficult to get a test drive and when I finally found one that would drive one around, I had to ride shotgun and only drove the car around the block.

I wanted to like the car, but the thought of having to return to the dealer network and argue with the guy doing oil changes on Cobalts and Enclaves really scared me off....but my brief encounter with the car was great.
Originally Posted by HBC350
Despite the fact that none of us can/has been able to precisely state using the English language why we bought our C63's over other vehicles, we all know. And it's probably the same reason for most of us.

Guess it does not count because I have not bought my C63 yet
Old 12-03-2010, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Italian Stalion: Don't know where you are located but would love for you to back up your claim and come to the mile run in Miami next time and see how you pull on us like a freight train.
None of the CTS-V last time that were runnin (see my post above) there could outperform us and were much slower...
That's great. But the CTS-V is faster stock for stock and mod for mod. Sorry.

1 thing to note is that the CTS-V does encounter heat soak. I'm not one to make excuses but perhaps it was too hot for the cars? I would often find my car slowing down considerably from 160-19x while doing a 0-19x. You could feel the power just getting zapped. Similiar to what was going on with the E55's with reservoir pumps.

I'm in NY and my V is sold. But I already proved it when I ran Mthis last year. He could never get the video to upload, unfortunately...
Old 12-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amg
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
That's great. But the CTS-V is faster stock for stock and mod for mod. Sorry.

1 thing to note is that the CTS-V does encounter heat soak. I'm not one to make excuses but perhaps it was too hot for the cars? I would often find my car slowing down considerably from 160-19x while doing a 0-19x. You could feel the power just getting zapped. Similiar to what was going on with the E55's with reservoir pumps.

I'm in NY and my V is sold. But I already proved it when I ran Mthis last year. He could never get the video to upload, unfortunately...
I was there&witnessed the run(s)...the caddy pulled away so hard each time they thought it was spraying
Old 12-03-2010, 07:59 AM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
Stallion...
You should go to www.topgunrun.com to see the results of the Miami mile run.
There were 2 Caddys and they each ran something like 2 passes each.
The C63s each ran much more passes with successive improvements.
Not taking anything away from the runs from the C63s (which were fantastic numbers by the way), but the CTS-V was not well represented and not indicative of the class as a whole.
Having the best speeds at these events is like saying "I'm the best free throw shooter in my English Literature class."
Many qualified and faster cars simply don't participate.
Stock for stock, mod for mod...the Caddy is faster.
The C63 is quite the monster, however, and whenever I encounter one, I give it it's due respect...
Old 12-03-2010, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
so how's the handling on the C63, or is it just a dragster like an old Chevelle with a blown big block? I had an old Chevelle with a 350 V8 (5.7 liters) back in high school, and it was a beast, but only in a straight line.

I've never driven one, so please do share your experiences, particularly in relation to the handling of its competitors.

Just trying to broaden the discussion, since the roads I drive on have curves, turns, and corners, and none of the 190 mph straights so common in "Mexico".
Old 12-03-2010, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I am not debating the fact that stock vs stock, the CTS is faster. What I am debating is that depending on the the mods, the battle will not always go the CTS way. Italian seems to imply that once modded the CTS will pull buses on the C and I am just stating that is simply not true.
We have examples here of Cs running in the 10s with just headers and a tune.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:17 AM

2004 SVT Cobra
Examples please.

I've yet to see one thread here about a C63 with ONLY headers and tune getting in the 10's.

I see a thread yesterday about one car getting on the 10's NA (barely, but definitely a nice accomplishment) and a headers/tune car going 11.19. I'm not trying to diminish the achievement in any way as that is certainly impressive, I just think your statement is misleading since it's untrue.

Last edited by gnxs; 12-03-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by gnxs
Examples please.

I've yet to see one thread here about a C63 with ONLY headers and tune getting in the 10's.

I see a thread yesterday about one car getting on the 10's NA (barely, but definitely a nice accomplishment) and a headers/tune car going 11.19. I'm not trying to diminish the achievement in any way, I just think your statement is a bit misleading.
One car did indeed break into the 10's. It was great DA and a great accomplishment.

I haven't seen the average run's for that day by him however. It is not common for a C63 to get into the 10's with a tune and headers. I was amazed myself that he got it done, the DA played a big part in getting there though.

The CTSV will consistently hit a 10.8 in DA 500 though with a pulley, tune and cold air intake.

On the average in positive DA with an aggressive file tune and long tube headers you can get you a solid 11.2 to 11.3 all day in the C63 on DR's.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:32 AM

2004 SVT Cobra
One car did indeed break into the 10's. It was great DA and a great accomplishment.

I haven't seen the average run's for that day by him however. It is not common for a C63 to get into the 10's with a tune and headers. I was amazed myself that he got it done, the DA played a big part in getting there though.

The CTSV will consistently hit a 10.8 in DA 500 though with a pulley, tune and cold air intake.

On the average in positive DA with an aggressive file tune and long tube headers you can get you a solid 11.2 to 11.3 all day in the C63.
Thanks Propain, just saw the thread. I'm glad you didn't take it as me criticizing the C63 (10's NA is kickass), I just thought the statement of a car with headers/tune ONLY running 10's was off base (and I'm still correct).

I'd already edited my post since you copied me.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Thanks Propain, just saw the thread. I'm glad you didn't take it as me criticizing the C63 (10's NA is kickass), I just thought the statement of a car with headers/tune ONLY running 10's was off base (and I'm still correct).

I'd already edited my post since you copied me.
I guess well see from this point on. But I tent to agree it will be difficult to get there without perfect DA conditions on those two mods alone.

Dodger (Who got into the 10's) has a few other small mods and some weight savings as well.

Its no secret around here I'm a fan of the CTSV. I try not to let the ego of the car im driving get in the way of judging the cars in competition with the C63. The only thing I will dispute about the CTSV is the quality of its parts outside of the drivetrain.

My experience with the 04 CTSV was not good with the quality of the interior and everything else outside of the Engine and Tranny. Its what pushed me into a C63 instead of the 09 CTSV.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 AM

2004 SVT Cobra
I guess well see from this point on. But I tent to agree it will be difficult to get there without perfect DA conditions on those two mods alone.

Dodger (Who got into the 10's) has a few other small mods and some weight savings as well.

Its no secret around here I'm a fan of the CTSV. I try not to let the ego of the car im driving get in the way of judging the cars in competition with the C63. The only thing I will dispute about the CTSV is the quality of its parts outside of the drivetrain.

My experience with the 04 CTSV was not good with the quality of the interior and everything else outside of the Engine and Tranny. Its what pushed me into a C63 instead of the 09 CTSV.
Yea, I see you catch crap about it all the time.

I understand your skepticism based on the first Gen CTS-V, lots of issues and I hear nightmare stories all the time when I'm BS'ing at the dragstrip with guys that own them. I've put 45,000+ miles on my 2009 "V" in about 15 months and have made probably 50+ passes at the dragstrip and I really haven't had any problems with the car. *knocks wood* We'll see how that plays out as the miles rack up.

Like you I'm a fan of most performance oriented cars, especially those that take well to modifications. I run across lots of MB guys at the track out here (several guys well-known on this forum) and they're hardcore when it comes to drag-racing, which is why I enjoy this forum and seeing the ET/MPH progress made by all of the various AMG iterations.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Yea, I see you catch crap about it all the time.

I understand your skepticism based on the first Gen CTS-V, lots of issues and I hear nightmare stories all the time when I'm BS'ing at the dragstrip with guys that own them. I've put 45,000+ miles on my 2009 "V" in about 15 months and have made probably 50+ passes at the dragstrip and I really haven't had any problems with the car. *knocks wood* We'll see how that plays out as the miles rack up.

Like you I'm a fan of most performance oriented cars, especially those that take well to modifications. I run across lots of MB guys at the track out here (several guys well-known on this forum) and they're hardcore when it comes to drag-racing, which is why I enjoy this forum and seeing the ET/MPH progress made by all of the various AMG iterations.
Nice! What are your mods and times! Post up some slips!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
so how's the handling on the C63, or is it just a dragster like an old Chevelle with a blown big block? I had an old Chevelle with a 350 V8 (5.7 liters) back in high school, and it was a beast, but only in a straight line.

I've never driven one, so please do share your experiences, particularly in relation to the handling of its competitors.

Just trying to broaden the discussion, since the roads I drive on have curves, turns, and corners, and none of the 190 mph straights so common in "Mexico".
bump

no takers? enquiring minds want to know...
Old 12-03-2010, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
bump

what kind of minds???

I havent had it on the twisties. But I can say it handles very nice. If you have the right tires on with a strong sidewall there is very little body roll.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:54 AM

2011 Ford Raptor, 2003 FX35, 2008 E63 AMG (Gone but not forgotten)
Originally Posted by GBlansten
CTS-V threads in here are like herpes. They lay dormant for a while but you know they will come back.

Well put. Guys will always argue over cars. Just go ask your parents. They are still *****ing about Corvette/Mustang/Charger/GTO/yada/yada/yada.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I am not debating the fact that stock vs stock, the CTS is faster. What I am debating is that depending on the the mods, the battle will not always go the CTS way. Italian seems to imply that once modded the CTS will pull buses on the C and I am just stating that is simply not true.
I ran the C63 with headers and tune (forum member Mthis) with my CTS-V with the mods listed in my sig and I was definitely faster than him. It was winter time and I ran into 0 heatsoak. I'm sure in the heat of summer with the mods I had I could have possibly heatsoaked and he'd pass me. Maybe thats what you guys are witnessing? Otherwise, the CTS-V is definitely faster mod for mod. I don't think there is much arguing there? It's similiar to the E55 actually but with more output and GM modability.

I will admit that the car did have a bunch of squeaks. THe interior was beautiful and very modern. But the pano sunroof would squeak like crazy. Make a tight turn and it felt very planted but you could hear the interior groaning while it would turn.

Definitely a great car though. I liked it better than my M5.

BTW I just heard Dodgers car and that thing sounds like a drag mustang!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
bump

Go back to post #34 or find the thread "post track videos here"
Old 12-03-2010, 11:14 AM

2004 SVT Cobra
Nice! What are your mods and times! Post up some slips!
The typical modding path alot of CTS-V guys take (cam, pulley, CAI, tune) and I also have a ported blower and DRs. Some vids/times are in my sig., but I've gone a best of 10.84 @ 129+ on this clocks off pass:

http://home.comcast.net/~gnxs3/gnxsctsv1084.wmv

Still thoroughly impressed that a moderatly modded NA C63 can tweak into the 10's. I've only come across one C63 on the road on a recent trip back from FL and like ItalianStallion said, they sound like a healthy drag Mustang.

Last edited by gnxs; 12-03-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Am i missing something here....who's in the 10's without the spray?

Last edited by callmiro; 12-03-2010 at 11:27 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 v CTSV one statement says all you need to know