Sponsored by:

I knew it was going to be bad but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
yeah i know it never snows in germany....dubmbass. and what?? does every audi have a supercomputer onboard to deal with too much wheelslip and steering angle for the quattro ???? ECU overload ???? What a retard...Do you know how many computations the ME 9.7 does in a second ???? Prob more than you have braincells.
+1

This kid is ridiculous.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
Roughly 10 cms on the ground at the time.

I'm going to take a look outside and see how it goes, but I may just take a cab to work until I can go buy some new rear winters (next thursday they get in). It's been snowing all night, but they've cleared most of it. Should be interesting.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I'm so glad I don't have these issues due to weather.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
I knew winter driving was going to be bad, but this is just ridiculous. I drove home from work (maximum 5 minute drive normally), but it took well over 15 today.
15 whole minutes? how did you survive? Did you suffer frostbite? Starvation? Please tell you are OK!!!

It takes me 5 minutes just to get to a gas station. Work is another 17 miles after that, so pardon me if I mock your "well over 15 minutes" snow commute. Mine would have been 2-3 hours...

too bad about your car freaking out, that would suck on a dry sunny summer day, and must have been a handful in 4 *inches* (if the "Veyron Kid" must use English, you are not allowed to use metric!) of snow.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 AM

2008 C63
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
15 whole minutes? how did you survive? Did you suffer frostbite? Starvation? Please tell you are OK!!!

It takes me 5 minutes just to get to a gas station. Work is another 17 miles after that, so pardon me if I mock your "well over 15 minutes" snow commute. Mine would have been 2-3 hours...

too bad about your car freaking out, that would suck on a dry sunny summer day, and must have been a handful in 4 *inches* (if the "Veyron Kid" must use English, you are not allowed to use metric!) of snow.
Hey bud, I'm in Canada, so metric it is!

The timing was more to show that the car was much much slower than normal. My commute is awesome, and that was not meant to complain.

Update from this morning.

Immediately after backing out of my parking spot, all lights went off, and everything went back to normal. It snowed all last night, and although it was a longer drive to work (30 minutes now!) the car handled itself ok in roughly 2-4 cms of snow (1-2 inches for amused).

Most of you were right. Rear tires span faster than the fronts, and sent it into some sort of limp mode. Once it was on dry pavement, everything went back to normal.

I turned traction control off for a little while on the way home yesterday, and that probably had something to do with it. The lesson here seems to be, get new rear winter tires and drive with traction control on.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Update from this morning.

Immediately after backing out of my parking spot, all lights went off, and everything went back to normal. It snowed all last night, and although it was a longer drive to work (30 minutes now!) the car handled itself ok in roughly 2-4 cms of snow (1-2 inches for amused).

Most of you were right. Rear tires span faster than the fronts, and sent it into some sort of limp mode. Once it was on dry pavement, everything went back to normal.

I turned traction control off for a little while on the way home yesterday, and that probably had something to do with it. The lesson here seems to be, get new rear winter tires and drive with traction control on.

Good to hear. The power steering and brake problem was most likely snow pack in the tires. Everything else ive seen.

Drive safe.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by bugattiveyron88
lol ur a dumbass, it's cheaper to rent a rental and drive in snow then to fix damages to the benz cuz of snow driving.
oh yeah i put up with haters all the time. lol.
and muskoka amg , sry about your lost cuz you are being a dumbass to drive that car in the snow, i bet the service guys were laughing about it after u left lol.. so fking embarrassing to drop off the car at service cuz u f it up by driving a rwd 6.2 v8 in the snow lol.
i know this is not answering anything about this thread but why is there always someone that has to be an idiot . the guy asked a simple question about his car . there is no need to call someone a dumbass . if the guy wants to drive his car in snow , or even off a cliff , it's entirely up to him . you should join a Bugatti forum and stay off this one if those are the comments you are going to leave .
Old 12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
I drove my C63 all last winter & didn't have any of these problems. Maybe some people have a tough time being gentle with the throttle in the snow?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
The kid obviously doesn't own a Bugatti (or probably any car for that matter). Just another troll.

By the way there's nothing wrong with your car - restarting will clear the codes. As it was stated earlier these errors result from different wheel speeds as a result of low traction for prolonged periods of time. If you take it easy you won't have this issue.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Hey bud, I'm in Canada, so metric it is!

The timing was more to show that the car was much much slower than normal. My commute is awesome, and that was not meant to complain.

no worries, I was more b!tching about my commute than making fun of you

Immediately after backing out of my parking spot, all lights went off, and everything went back to normal. It snowed all last night, and although it was a longer drive to work (30 minutes now!) the car handled itself ok in roughly 2-4 cms of snow (1-2 inches for amused). you are the MAN!
Originally Posted by justthebest
I drove my C63 all last winter & didn't have any of these problems. Maybe some people have a tough time being gentle with the throttle in the snow?
+1

I drove my S55 all last winter (it's my DD). They recorded 73 inches at the nearby airport (IAD), a record by over 12". I had no problems getting around (just had to avoid the deep stuff). Put the transmission in C mode and use a gentle touch on the gas, coupled with a gentle EARLY touch on the brakes, and it was a piece of cake.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green

Quit yer *****ing.. my commute from Bowie/Annapolis area to Springfield everyday trunps your 17 miles (40 freaking miles each way... sometimes.. being a consultant sucks)...

Since your in the Nova area.. you understand beltway suckage... I fear for the first snow flake.. hell.. around here.. you throw a slurpy out the window.. it causes a 10 mile traffic backup because the idiots cannot drive in ice
Old 12-07-2010, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

+1

I drove my S55 all last winter (it's my DD). They recorded 73 inches at the nearby airport (IAD), a record by over 12". I had no problems getting around (just had to avoid the deep stuff). Put the transmission in C mode and use a gentle touch on the gas, coupled with a gentle EARLY touch on the brakes, and it was a piece of cake.
Just out of curiousity, you running snow tires, all seasons, or summers... I'm still on summers.. but I have chains on the way.. hopefully we don't get wailed on again this winter.. or I'm strapping two snow blowers to my bumper and driving at 2mph :P
Old 12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
lose the chains...get some good winter tires, vredestein wintrac extreme(tested them last week, worked great). If you need chains, stay at home.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm cheap.. and my wife will yell at me :P The chains are a backup, assuming they clear the roads, all will be fine, the chains are really just there in the event I am not home, and a storm blows through, I can get home safely.. even if I have to drive at 10 mph...

Wife is really deadset against me owning this car, so I get whined at everytime I buy osmething for it.. spending a grand on tires is just not in the books at the moment (seeing as my house is falling apart... *sigh* thats a story for another day.. hopefully the patch job on my roof will hold till Spring or its going to get mighty wet inside my house).
Old 12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Here's the counter argument:

You can get a good 15 to 20 K on winter tires, which will be miles saved from driving on your summer tires. So, you're really not spending extra $$$, it's $$$ you would have spent on tires anyway, you would just happen to have 2 sets of tires....and be safer during the winter. Your roads might be dry during the winter, but summer tires weren't designed for near freezing temps anyway..
Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'10 F150 FX4 SCrew. '14 S212S
Originally Posted by Multispeed
Mine did this 3 times the first winter I had the car (Canada). A bunch of warning lights came on and I lost power steering, power brakes, ABS ad ESP. I took it to the dealer and they couldnt really find anything but replaced one of the abs wheel speed sensors anyway. It has done the problem only once since then. It just seems to happen when your really doing alot of wheel spinning and sliding around and/or deep snow.
Mine did it once after the first snow last year and this year when I turned off the TC. Shut it off for about 10 minutes and it resets and it good for the rest of the winter.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
and muskoka amg , sry about your lost cuz you are being a dumbass to drive that car in the snow, i bet the service guys were laughing about it after u left lol.. so fking embarrassing to drop off the car at service cuz u f it up by driving a rwd 6.2 v8 in the snow lol.
I think you need to slow your roll kid. You have no room to
talk, your the most ignorant person I've seen on here so far, and that's pretty bad. Your probably 12yrs old and wish you could one day have a car like this
Old 12-07-2010, 06:08 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
oh yeah i put up with haters all the time. lol.
Bugatti, im not hating, I'm a car fanatic! Here is a pic of my poor-mans supercar; Lotus Esprit:

Can you post a pic of your Buggatti?
Attached Thumbnails I knew it was going to be bad but...-lotus-c63-025.jpg  
Old 12-07-2010, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by LZH
yeah i know it never snows in germany....dubmbass. and what?? does every audi have a supercomputer onboard to deal with too much wheelslip and steering angle for the quattro ???? ECU overload ???? What a retard...Do you know how many computations the ME 9.7 does in a second ???? Prob more than you have braincells.
Well Said..... Folks, it DOES snow in the motherland (Germany.)
Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM

2008 C63
Originally Posted by Chemical7
Bugatti, im not hating, I'm a car fanatic! Here is a pic of my poor-mans supercar; Lotus Esprit:

Can you post a pic of your Buggatti?
Don't encourage the troll.

Check the other thread (s5s suck...) it's already gone down that path!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:24 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Old 12-07-2010, 09:24 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Whats wrong?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by MiamiC63
I'm so glad I don't have these issues due to weather.
Yeah you do. You got hurricanes blowing furniture at your car and wet, wet summers and springs that reak havoc on your welds and joints with the formation of rust from moisture. Not to mention slip sliding away and that humidity that wont let your engine breathe, like running a 8th grader with asthma around the track without his inhaler....So get your wipers and rain coat going.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 12-07-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:03 AM

C204, W209, W164
is your winter beater a 2000 M5? That is sick (but somewhat redundant)!
Yeah... It's still another 4000lb sedan.. but at least I'm not going to have any problems with the car dieing on me whilst driving, (AGAIN)... because the alternator rusted to **** due to **** poor design. Surprisingly, with winters on it, it does fairly well on the roads!

Edit: Jeffield, wasn't your C63 arctic white like mine? Is that a vinyl wrap?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:34 PM

2010 C63, 2002 Corvette Z06
I have cheap Semperit 225/40/18 winters on elbrus rims.. and the thing drives totally fine in the cold and snow.

I'm wondering if the cases of winter-driving-fail is just driver error, whether it be from faulty equipment (i.e. bald tires) or trying to drive the same way as in summer weather?

The only issue I have with this car in the winter is the power steering wheel adjustment motor doesn't go up and down when it's colder than -10, takes about 10 minutes to warm up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I knew it was going to be bad but...