C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 AMG Stainless Steel Header on SALE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Any sound clips or videos of the headers?
No sound clips yet. We'll post it as soon as we get it.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Sphere Motors, if you don't mind me asking, what are the SAE numbers on this Dynojet for stock, tune, and tune+headers?

Have you tested the headers on the motor with the stock tune? If so, what were the results, including AFR?
Currently, we don't have the SAE numbers but as soon as I get them I'll post it. We have not dyno with headers on the motor with stock tune... I didn't think ppl would do header only mod. If this is something you would like to see, I'll try to get this information as well. I'll post it up as soon as get them.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
I was in the area today (on the way to a train store in Anaheim) at 10 am and called a couple of times so I can see them for myself but no one answered the phone. I guess you guys aren't open on Saturday?
Sorry we missed your call and yes we are not open on the weekends. We are online shop only. However, all calls are forwarded to my cell phone over the weekend but I was out of town and I guess not in the service area.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 PM
joo

2010 c63 amg
Welcoming more new performance products for the C63. Noticed the tune is by Techtec. By any chance this is the same tune as MHP? Do you have any under carriage pics of the header installed. I am just trying to imagine how they weld onto the stock DPs.
I have pic...header+200cell cata.+reso+stock muffer...

I m gonna post sounds clip soon...great sound ever ...^^
Attached Thumbnails C63 AMG Stainless Steel Header on SALE!!-_100_2299.jpg   C63 AMG Stainless Steel Header on SALE!!-_100_2313.jpg  

Last edited by joo; 12-14-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by joo
I have pic...header+200cell cata.+reso+stock muffer...

I m gonna post sounds clip soon...great sound ever ...^^

Thanks for posting the image!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:11 AM

slk55, 530i, z4
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Not possible and I'm glad you saw it as well. No shorty will yield gains even remotely on par with any LT. 482rw with a shorty header haha!

Those are called exhaust manifolds or logs. Your product is a true shorty header.
Why it is not possible? Is this just your opinion or based on some fact?

I met my friend who installed this headers and I saw when his car was on dyno.

Would you please explaine me why it is not possible? This dyno does not show headers only. It is ecu tuned with headers. Not stock car with headers.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 AM

slk55, 530i, z4
Originally Posted by Mort
The Kleemann exhaust headers would be referred to here (NA) as log style manifolds. They are essentially the same as stock manifolds with very slight improvements and perhaps a 0-15 hp advantage. They will maintain very similar driving and power characteristics to stock exhaust manifolds.

Next step up are short-tube headers as in this thread. After that are mid-length headers and then long-tube headers.

It depends on your goals and how much compromise you are willing to accept, in terms of HP and Drive-ability, which you should choose. Long-tube headers will generally give the maximum HP increase at the cost of low rpm torque and loudness.
Anyway they are headers. Arent they?

Disagree with your opinion. Have you ever installed kleemann headers on your car? I felt a lot differences. Maybe you didnt. If it gives slight improvements, kleemann would not good business.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by fourAAAA
Why it is not possible? Is this just your opinion or based on some fact?

I met my friend who installed this headers and I saw when his car was on dyno.

Would you please explaine me why it is not possible? This dyno does not show headers only. It is ecu tuned with headers. Not stock car with headers.
The dyno run posted in this thread is measured in STD. STD reads higher than SAE, and their is a growing trend among enthusiasts to show less interest in inflated numbers.

I would even say that SAE is the norm and is the more commonly accepted measurement in everyday discussion.

So, when people look at a dyno graph and they see STD, they say, "okay, now lets see the real number, i.e., the one that will most closely reflect the engine's power potential that will manifest in driving situations."

STD numbers don't translate to the road simply because they're not relevant in everyday SAE dyno discussion.

What's odd, (and I'm not suggesting anything), it's just odd, is that the baseline run on this dyno reads right in line with what a stock C63 on 91 octane would read in SAE. So, was the baseline run measured in SAE?

Edit: And respectfully, my opinion, since it's not based on scientific fact, you can't increase the M156 engine's efficiency to such an extent that it would be able to increase it's max power by 127.37 rwhp (SAE) with the addition of shorty headers and a tune.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 12-15-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Sonny,

Is there a simple formula to convert the STD reading to SAE?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
^ It's all dependent on temp, humidity, and possibly pressure, i.e., not a linear relationship. A standard, STD, day is about 59 degrees...forget what the humidity is. So, if it's in Arizona in the summertime, then the correction factor will be rather large.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
I think the STD vs SAE is kinda irrelevant in this discussion (unless you are just debating final hp) because you have an increase from a baseline run to a modified run on the same dyno with the same vehicle.

I totaly get that each format (STD vs SAE) can show different outputs but the point of the graph is the measurabe increase from base, on the same machine with the same car.

Last edited by callmiro; 12-16-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by callmiro
I think the STD vs SAE is kinda irrelevant in this discussion (unless you are just debating final hp) because you have an increase from a baseline run to a modified run on the same dyno with the same vehicle.

I totaly get that each format (STD vs SAE) can show different outputs but the point of the graph is the measurabe increase from base, on the same machine with the same car.
You are correct. But I asked a question that hasn't been answered yet.

Was the baseline run done in SAE? If so, and the subsequent runs -- the ones with the headers and tune -- were in STD, then the graph would not show accurately measured increases.

But, even still, you hardly ever see vendors/tuners posting dyno results in STD, for the reasons I described above.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Sonny,

Is there a simple formula to convert the STD reading to SAE?
It's like E Money said above.

I was wondering the same thing as you, btw: whether there was a formula.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
You are correct. But I asked a question that hasn't been answered yet.

Was the baseline run done in SAE? If so, and the subsequent runs -- the ones with the headers and tune -- were in STD, then the graph would not show accurately measured increases.

But, even still, you hardly ever see vendors/tuners posting dyno results in STD, for the reasons I described above.
Dynos are not "run" in a Correction Factor. Correction Factors are applied after the actual (uncorrected) data is collected. If you see a dyno graph from a Dynojet with a Correction Factor listed, that Correction Factor applies to all of the runs in the graph. This is the only way WinPEP software allows you to display results.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Dynos are not "run" in a Correction Factor. Correction Factors are applied after the actual (uncorrected) data is collected. If you see a dyno graph from a Dynojet with a Correction Factor listed, that Correction Factor applies to all of the runs in the graph. This is the only way WinPEP software allows you to display results.
I think we are mostly all aware of this. But, I was asking if the baseline dyno run was, sorry, "corrected" with SAE after the run concluded?

I should have been more specific.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superlubricity
I'm lost in this "Tech Speak." So, is there an actual HP gain of 127.37 with headers as compared to stock?
Old 12-16-2010, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I'm lost in this "Tech Speak." So, is there an actual HP gain of 127.37 with headers as compared to stock?
Assuming the baseline run was corrected in STD, then the dyno posted in this thread does show that gain.

Do most people care about STD corrected numbers over SAE numbers? No. The point of posting STD corrected numbers is to show a high, peak hp number. It's for advertisement.

Of course, if the baseline run was corrected in STD, then we're just talking a gain here, not what the actual peak hp number that we all look to when we wonder how fast it will go.

Will you gain 127.37 rwhp (SAE), with these mods? I will go out on a very short limb and say, "no."

Plus, I would be concerned with the vastly different lengths of the primaries. How can that be a good thing?

To compare, long tube headers and a tune can net you around 100 rwhp gain. That is possible on the M156 engine.

I'm actually surprised that a manufacturer of headers would not be up-to-speed on the performance gains that long tube headers and a tune provide for our cars. If they were, they might add a section in their post that explains how astonished they were to find gains that exceeded the gains that can be found with LT's and a tune.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 12-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Out Of Control!

Those headers look really good. Great craftmanship from what i see in the pics.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm still wondering how these mate up to stock pipes?
Old 12-16-2010, 04:20 PM

2007 E63
I'm still wondering how these mate up to stock pipes?
cut stocks, and weld up the connecting flange from what i gathered.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bmontalban
cut stocks, and weld up the connecting flange from what i gathered.
Below the primary CAT? I don't see a connecting pipe supplied. Or does it extend far enough to be connected below the CAT?

Last edited by Sincity; 12-16-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by JamE55
Those headers look really good. Great craftmanship from what i see in the pics.
Really?

They don't look awful, but I'm not sure I'd throw "really good" and "great craftsmanship" into any descriptions of what we can see in the pictures. The flanges are monstrous, the welds appear thick and at times uneven, and the angles at which some of the pipes fit together really don't appear to be providing optimal flow into the collector.

To each his own I suppose... they are, after all, subjective opinions. What I would expect, possibly, is that they may be a decent relative value for C63 shorty headers.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 12-16-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-16-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aren't these somewhat similiar in form/function to the one's Vadim (VRP) made that are on Overbudget's car?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Really?

They don't look awful, but I'm not sure I'd throw "really good" and "great craftsmanship" into any descriptions of what we can see in the pictures. The flanges are monstrous, the welds appear think and at times uneven, and the angles at which some of the pipes fit together really don't appear to be providing optimal flow into the collector.

To each his own I suppose... they are, after all, subjective opinions. What I would expect, possibly, is that they may be a decent relative value for C63 shorty headers.
True that.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Below the primary CAT? I don't see a connecting pipe supplied. Or does it extend far enough to be connected below the CAT?
My guess is you cut the stock pipes above the primary cat and weld on a flange.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 AMG Stainless Steel Header on SALE!!