Sponsored by:

Evosport (rant)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
Originally Posted by Speedriven
Over the last 13 years, I've worked for a dealership, Mosler, RENNtech, Dinan, Switzer, and now I'm here at Speedriven with Marcin. 1 thing all of those shops had in common: unless you had standing credit/terms, you had to pay for your order before it shipped (and that payment had to clear, in some cases).

I don't think expecting a vendor to ship an order before a client pays is reasonable, so I think I must have mis-read your comment somehow, since - surely - that's not what you expect from a vendor, is it?
i either misworded my post or you misunderstood it.either way,the OP stated that he paid for this item and was expecting it to ship out shortly after that,under the impression that the item was in stock.now.i dont expect you to ship me anything without receipt of my payment, but i do expect as a consumer that just paid for something to come up with a tracking # for my order in a timely fashion.i mean lets get real here!! wouldn't you expect the same? communication is the best solution in these situations.it's not like the OP lives a few miles away to go visit brad and discuss this matter.he is solely relying on the internet.vendors should realize this and make costumers feel at ease when making big dollar purchases like this.i'm sure brad is a great guy,and he sells great products,and i would like to have them on my car,but on the other hand,i like to do business with someone that respects me.i hope this has a happy ending. happy holidays .P.S. "communication"
Old 12-14-2010, 09:00 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
I had similar experiences with other vendors. I just ask for refund and move on.
I hate bashing people !!!
Its petty
Old 12-14-2010, 09:11 PM

2009 C63
Sorry if I don't have my facts in order.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
I'm an outsider to this thread, but it seems like Brad has recognized the issue, owned up to it, and provided a solution (cs rep). Regardless of what happened, he seems willing to give a refund.

I don't really see an issue at this point...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Speedriven
I've always had to run the credit card first, of course! What if the transaction is declined? Should the vendor be expected to send out a product without knowing if the funds are there or not?
With due respect, if I were you I'd stop posting in this thread. Your first post was fine but it's all been downhill since then...

MuskokaAMG....agreed.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by transferred
With due respect, if I were you I'd stop posting in this thread. Your first post was fine but it's all been downhill since then...

MuskokaAMG....agreed.
So someone else agrees and that makes it right ? Well I disagree and don't feel his posts have gone downhill whatsoever. He makes a very valid point that a vendor shouldn't be on the hook for a product after it's shipped - I feel that's totally reasonable albeit moot at this point considering what Brad said about international orders require wire transfers thus payment in full in advance.

You guys can sit around and postulate till your blue in the face about what happened and what SHOULD have been done. Fact is, Brad owned up to the mistakes, offered free products to the OP (which he failed to mention in his original post), has apologized and offered to make it right, hired additional employees to deal with this sort of thing and for those who don't know has been moving to a new shop!!! So something fell between the cracks...honestly, how many times do you hear of people complaining about Evosport???? Not that often and I've been around here for a while... What the hell else do you think he should do??? Jesus H...so many friggin whiners and armchair quarterbacks around here it makes me ill.
And as someone said earlier....without Brad and Simon this forum wouldn't even exist so many of you guys should just say "THANK YOU" and STFU.

Last edited by LZH; 12-14-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Just wondering how long does it take to make a "power pulley", whats the inventory turnover period. Under 1 week?

There's no excuse for a 2 month run around.

With all said and done, Evosport will lose business because of this mis-hap.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Originally Posted by LZH
So someone else agrees and that makes it right ? Well I disagree and don't feel his posts have gone downhill whatsoever. He makes a very valid point that a vendor shouldn't be on the hook for a product after it's shipped - I feel that's totally reasonable albeit moot at this point considering what Brad said about international orders require wire transfers thus payment in full in advance.

You guys can sit around and postulate till your blue in the face about what happened and what SHOULD have been done. Fact is, Brad owned up to the mistakes, offered free products to the OP (which he failed to mention in his original post), has apologized and offered to make it right. What the hell else do you think he should do??? Jesus H...so many whiners around here it makes me ill.
Most people don't want "free" stuff, just the 1000 dollars of my money your holding onto for 2 months. Now PM me and I'll hold onto your cash and see how you like it while i send you somje free jujubes
Old 12-14-2010, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by LZH

You guys can sit around and postulate till your blue in the face about what happened and what SHOULD have been done. Fact is, Brad owned up to the mistakes, offered free products to the OP (which he failed to mention in his original post), has apologized and offered to make it right. What the hell else do you think he should do??? Jesus H...so many whiners around here it makes me ill.
haha you hang out waiting for me to post....you are such a joke. My opinion is the sponsors shouldn't insert themselves into arguments, but that's your forte isn't it,

Last edited by transferred; 12-14-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
Most people don't want "free" stuff, just the 1000 dollars of my money your holding onto for 2 months. Now PM me and I'll hold onto your cash and see how you like it while i send you somje free jujubes
Hey - I agree....I'd be pissed to. But I would have picked up the phone and called Brad. Do I need to search every post and quote other members who have commented on how great it was working with Evosport and how helpful they are and willing to discuss mods with potential customers ??
C'mon guys...they dropped the ball on this one....is that really enough to throw the baby out with the bathwater ????
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM
LZH
Banned

haha you hang out waiting for me to post....you are such a joke. My opinion is the sponsors shouldn't insert themselves into arguments, but that's your forte isn't it, jus ask Sarah...geez it's a small town tough guy
I've been posting on here all day dumbass...and now you're referencing MY WIFE ??? What the hell does she have to do with any of this???
And for the record, you're crossing the line here, Rob. I'd be very careful with what you post here about my family....

Last edited by LZH; 12-14-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
As Sir Gordon Ramsey would say, "You're only as good as your last service." Befitting
Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
I've been posting on here all day dumbass...and now you're referencing MY WIFE ??? What the hell does she have to do with any of this???
And for the record, you're crossing the line here, Rob. I'd be very careful with what you post here about my family....
I didn't post anything negative, all I'm saying is you act like you're protected by this big bubble when you verbally abuse people here and get suspended on a weekly basis from your behind you computer screen Reign it in, we all live in SoCal, know some of the same people and are supposed to be car enthusiasts. Just get a grip.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 PM
LZH
Banned

I didn't post anything negative, all I'm saying is you act like you're protected by this big bubble when you verbally abuse people here and get suspended on a weekly basis from your behind you computer screen Reign it in, we all live in SoCal, know some of the same people and are supposed to be car enthusiasts. Just get a grip.
You are WAY out of line, Rob. I haven't "verbally abused" you whatsoever in this thread (unless you feel being called dumbass is abuse ), yet you feel the need to reference my wife ?!?!? VERY POOR TASTE... And I have not been suspended...ever. And I'm not sure who we know in common but that really has ZERO to do with whats being discussed here...but I can assure you that if you continue to reference my family here you will get to know me sooner than you think.

EDIT -
I see you removed the reference to my wife in your post above...no matter, the damage is done and I'll leave it there for everyone to see. You've got some nerve bringing a mans family into this. And that PM you just sent me...we'll, lets just say you better hope whatever mutal friends you THINK we have don't decide to put us in the same room together.

Last edited by LZH; 12-14-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
This is what I don't get. If a customer pays the vendor the full price of a part why is the vendor not sending the part in a reasonable time?
Why would a vendor want to make a customer unhappy? why not being up front and tell the customer that the part is not ready yet or that it is in back order? why not refunding a customer when the customer requested it?

These type of incidents makes the future customers very very hesitant to buy from vendors that are difficult and ineficient to send parts in a timely manner. I am not trying to throw more wood in the fire but C'mon it sucks to be Kent and having to wait 2 plus months and all the hassle that he went through. Is anyone with me on this one?

By the way and I want to make it public, I have nothing personal against Evorsports, in fact, I have a set of brake rotors on my wish list so.. but this is a different issue?

Botton line, the clientele of this forum typically have money on hand and we need reliable vendors. If you are a vendor I suggest you conduct your business in a timely and loyal manner. my .2c
Old 12-14-2010, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500

I Like!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
...Hell I'm no genious, but I think it's simple enough...
True enough. That's genius. (just having some fun here)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
In this situation, in my opinion, the customer should've been offered a full refund as soon as it was discovered that there was a delay/problem with the order - given that the refund option was indeed his wish of course. Later, once the parts became available again, an e-mail should've been sent to the customer offering him a second attempt at the order and maybe a discount. Believe it or not, most customers understand that sometimes things don't go as planned, but when they are presented with a lack of constant communication with the company, they feel ignored and possibly cheated. This entire post could've been completely avoided (even if the waiting period had been 4 months) had there been more communications/better handling of the customer and his order. In fact, I believe the customer would've possibly posted a thread praising Evosport (despite the delay) rather than the other way around.

I do, however, give major credit to Evosport for admitting fault and taking responsibility for what happened. Not too many companies do that these days. I hope both parties reach satisfactory resolution
Old 12-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
I think that this thread has turned into a backroom brawl of 6 year olds. As has been mentioned several times, Brad has taken responsibility for any delays. No excuses. He has changed his business and attempted to make amends. Everything since has been piling-on.

We expect more mature behavior from our membership. Please take a moment to contemplate the behavior exhibited in this thread. Is this what we want MBWorld to be? Someone gets called out, owns up to a mistake and still gets trashed. I'm ashamed of this sort of thing.

Thread closed.