Sponsored by:

M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dodger63
I was just informed that I wasn't (chosen) for forum wars,? Is it just me or was this suppose to be a nomination.. I call b/s

Old 12-28-2010, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
I was just informed that I wasn't (chosen) for forum wars,? Is it just me or was this suppose to be a nomination.. I call b/s
WTF?????

Who's doing it then???
Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
This show is a joke. They are less than two weeks from filming and they don't have cars lined up??
For 1/4 mile drags you can't use a drag radial?
For a road course you can't use "r" rated tires?

What's the point? If they are trying to level the playing field then pick the appropriate opponents and let them bring their best game. Good grief!!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
dayyyyyym we got the boot just like that.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
Originally Posted by Dads C63
This show is a joke. They are less than two weeks from filming and they don't have cars lined up??
For 1/4 mile drags you can't use a drag radial?
For a road course you can't use "r" rated tires?

What's the point? If they are trying to level the playing field then pick the appropriate opponents and let them bring their best game. Good grief!!
My thoughts exactly. Not only that, if it's forum based then said forum should send who they want. Good idea, bad execution.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by the head
My thoughts exactly. Not only that, if it's forum based then said forum should send who they want. Good idea, bad execution.
Plus 1, this seems like they want this to be a one sided event.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by mthis
dayyyyyym we got the boot just like that.
They find out that we can't go because Paul from forum world says. (even the tune only c63 is to powerful) now all the m3 guys are starting talking crap... O well it couldve been fun but I guess forum wars is just a bunch of bull, the only 2 m3s that would go were a suPercharged one and one from LA....
Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Chill guys a bit.
Hold down your horse lol
Let's found out which M3 is slotted to go there. If it is just a minor modded one (tune and exhaust), then it only makes sense that Dodgers car would not be chosen as it may not be equal. Remember that they judge or power to weight ratio
I agree with you guys that they should allow the right tires for the events.
I think what is happening is they can't find a supercharged car and they know that a tuned C63 is a beast and will make it a very hard opponent. It will still come down to driver skills so we need to make sure whoever represents us has some time under his belt and is not a newbie at this.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by emericr
Chill guys a bit.
Hold down your horse lol
Let's found out which M3 is slotted to go there. If it is just a minor modded one (tune and exhaust), then it only makes sense that Dodgers car would not be chosen as it may not be equal. Remember that they judge or power to weight ratio
I think what is happening is they can't find a supercharged car and they know that a tuned C63 is a beast and will make it a very hard opponent. It will still come down to driver skills so we need to make sure whoever represents us has some time under his belt and is not a newbie at this.
I agree but we are less than 2 weeks away from the event and its this poorly organized?? People should have been chosen weeks or months ago because of tranvel plans etc...
Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
It's a joke.. It was a nomination? They were letting us face a s/c m3 with a tune only car but when that car ran for the hills. Cause he might have had a mor formidable opponent they got a tune Pully header car?? What do you think power/weight on a supercharged m3 with stated 600+ wheel hp compared to tune only c63.. I thought it was mod to mod

Tune-tune
Tune exhaust-tune exhaust

I have headers, tune and intake.. And a hood and trunk I weight in car and driver @ 4100lbs what hp should my car have 451+100 for tune header????

What's m3 weight they pout 400lbs lighter and are stating that m3 has 460hp?? We far off??

Chill guys a bit.
Hold down your horse lol
Old 12-29-2010, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
I can't believe I read all of this.
He's what I gathered:
1) forum wars has no planning skills at all.
2) forum wars obviously is an M fanboys suck fest
3) AMG will travel across country to compete, not an M3 to be found to compete now that the s/c went boom--yeah okay.
4) I think the M boys are busy with their GTL and hair grease.
5) I'm so happy to be part of this family and not the M fanboys(edit), frankly calling the M guys fanboys is insulting to all of the fans out there--the M guys really need their own category, maybe supercharged-fans

Finally, if dodger and/or Mthis do go there, we need to pitch in and send them a check or something for their willingness--I will offer the first $100 and I'll make it $200 for a win

I am so sick of these M guys, they had the better cars (in the class) for so long and now that AMG came out with our beast, they just can't deal with it--come on M guys, take off the panties and man up!

Last edited by black-clk500; 12-29-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
I agree that it seems to be last minute and poorly organized.
I could not find hard evidence that the tune only car was the final choice against the supercharged car. If it was the case, then I agree with you it was one sided and not fair.
I believe the two cars now nominated are pretty close in mods (tune and minor additions) so it should still be down to a driver's race.
Obviously I would have loved to see Dad's car against the SS but may be next time.
They changed it to an oval race versus a 0-100-0 which seems to favor the M as well. There is obviously a preference on the part of forum wars because the 0-100-0 test was widely used in the "battle of the supercars" and is a great test.
Do we who is going on our side and his experience with racing?
The guy chosen on the M side is definitely talking sh*t about our car (multiple posts) compared to others M members that were fair and just happy to see a good race.
This should still be fun to watch. When will it be on the air?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Since it's against forum rules to post conversations I can email u my emails with Paul from forum wars were he says... I have chiosen tarttor At that point with the the time line on the forum you can see that in fact it would be tune vs s/c

I agree that it seems to be last minute and poorly organized.
I could not find hard evidence that the tune only car was the final choice against the supercharged car. If it was the case, then I agree with you it was one sided and not fair.
I believe the two cars now nominated are pretty close in mods (tune and minor additions) so it should still be down to a driver's race.
Obviously I would have loved to see Dad's car against the SS but may be next time.
They changed it to an oval race versus a 0-100-0 which seems to favor the M as well. There is obviously a preference on the part of forum wars because the 0-100-0 test was widely used in the "battle of the supercars" and is a great test.
Do we who is going on our side and his experience with racing?
The guy chosen on the M side is definitely talking sh*t about our car (multiple posts) compared to others M members that were fair and just happy to see a good race.
This should still be fun to watch. When will it be on the air?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
Then the forum wars are not playing nice in the sand box
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Idk what the problem is!? I thought it was a friendly competition it seems like it's a pick and choose now.. If it's for bragging rights as there slogan says we should put our best car forwards.. I by no means think that's me.. I already gave my opinion on who should be doing this, but atleast he was willing to go with me.. And I probably wouldve forced him to compete since he's 60lbs lighter and mostlikly a better driver. But since it's a rigged event so be it I'll sit and I guess we will let our tune only car tear some ---- up..
Old 12-29-2010, 12:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tesla 3, E30, CayenneS
While the event isn't very well organized, it still looks like it will be fun.

I'm glad Tatorr is going to show up, its shocking that the individuals behind the show actually went out of their way to contact him and nominate him even when they knew they had an ESS supercharged E92 Beast. Yet now, they don't want to allow a Tune and headers C63 run with M3 whose planning to purchase a tune/exhaust just for the event.

I am from Dallas and will be in Houston on that date but I will actually be working and driving the company car, otherwise I would have offered my tune only C63.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Idk what the problem is!? I thought it was a friendly competition it seems like it's a pick and choose now.. If it's for bragging rights as there slogan says we should put our best car forwards.. I by no means think that's me.. I already gave my opinion on who should be doing M,this, but atleast he was willing to go with me.. And I probably wouldve forced him to compete since he's 60lbs lighter and mostlikly a better driver. But since it's a rigged event so be it I'll sit and I guess we will let our tune only car tear some ---- up..
Hey findout if they take my car as long as we can use u truck to trailer my car down there I'm down.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
My thoughts are Forum Wars is a really cool idea. I mean, really cool.

I watched the first season's episodes. Execution of the show was not very good. But still, the idea is great and it should represent the growing trend in automotive culture: forums are where it's at.

I think it's hillarious that Forum Wars would seek out a tune-only C63 to face a supercharged 600 whp M3.

The best part is, C63's guys know what our cars are capable of. And there are not too many cars that are sold in large numbers that can match the relative performance of the C63, especially when you add LT's, tune, and DR's to the car.

Our drivers had no problem racing a tune-only C63 against a blown M3. (Props to Tatorr) Sure, we nominated a car that had more power and a driver who has lots of experience and happens to have a nice record under his belt. But, that apparently scared the M3 crowd.

No offense to the M3 crowd, but really, there is no one in the U.S. that is willing to compete in their modded M3? You guys don't have each other's backs to the extent of pitching in and sending the best car with the best driver?

Anyway, no biggy. Can't wait to see the race.

Maybe Forum Wars will evolve into their full potential. What I mean is, maybe in time, with more production experience, Forum Wars will actually become "Forum Wars."

I sure hope so, because it's a million dollar idea.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 12-29-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by theforumwars
Hey Guys:
Sorry for the slow response. The M3 that was going to come out is having some technical problems and now can't make it. We have a couple backup M3's and are confirming the mods so that we can have as even of a match up as possible. Thanks for your patience. I will get back with you as soon as possible.
Thanks
Paul

We'd really like to know what is going on with this program. We're not sure if you're representing the nomination of the forum and would like to get an update.

If this is truly a FORUMWAR, then the MBWorld C63 Forum should decide which car represents our group
Old 12-29-2010, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by callmiro
We'd really like to know what is going on with this program. We're not sure if you're representing the nomination of the forum and would like to get an update.

If this is truly a FORUMWAR, then the MBWorld C63 Forum should decide which car represents our group
I wish they would let us send whom we want to represent us, but I think it's clear where FW's loyalty lies.....

....."it's my ball guys, I'm going home unless you let me pick the teams"
Old 12-29-2010, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think it's a rig job, so the M guys can say, "see our car is better, told you so guys--now look at how tan I look"
Old 12-29-2010, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by black-clk500
I think it's a rig job, so the M guys can say, "see our car is better, told you so guys--now look at how tan I look"
Some of them are talking smack over there as well....
Old 12-29-2010, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Where are they talking smack??
Old 12-29-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I tried to read some of their posts and I just can't listen to their nonsense--just reminds me of a room of yappy women--God, I gotta get rid of the wifes wagon and put a Benz in the garage next to mine

The M guys of today just have such an attitude like spoiled brats, "well our history is....and on a road track I'll do this.....and on and on."
The e9? M3 are not what the e46s were back in the day and they just don't have the soul our AMGs do.
I've been a long BMW/MB fan and I gotta say AMG just got it right this time with the C63 and beat the M3--sorry that's just the reality!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)