Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
theforumwars@gmail.com
Old 12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by mthis
Hey findout if they take my car as long as we can use u truck to trailer my car down there I'm down.
I'll tow you down anytime no question..
Old 12-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 / 2004 E55 / 2009 C63
Do we know what M3 is coming?
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by black-clk500
5) I'm so happy to be part of this family and not the M ****--frankly, calling the M guys **** is insulting to all of the gay guys out there--the M guys really need their own category, maybe supercharged-****
Let's keep the insults out otherwise we'll be at the same level as some of the M3 Fanbois that have been posting over at M3post. I think the announced M3 is a lightly-modded one. Who has been chosen over here?
Old 12-29-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity
Let's keep the insults out otherwise we'll be at the same level as some of the M3 Fanbois that have been posting over at M3post. I think the announced M3 is a lightly-modded one. Who has been chosen over here?

Wasn't Tatorr going to represent us? It sounds like a fair match...both are lightly modded.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I don't no if you could say chosen but trattor is the one right now representing (us). I agree let's stay civilized here. We are a good bunch of car owners let's act like adults or some what we don't need mods to jump in or look like barbarians.. Bmws are and always will be great cars no matter who buys them.. A good friend owns the local BMW dealer here and he was the same way as he tooted around in his m3.. I once caught up with him at a light... Were he chuckled and said are uou serious its a mercedes.. With out go into it he has a different perspective of the c63 now. And that was when I was bone stock...

Old 12-29-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by dodger63
I don't no if you could say chosen but trattor is the one right now representing (us). I agree let's stay civilized here. We are a good bunch of car owners let's act like adults or some what we don't need mods to jump in or look like barbarians.. Bmws are and always will be great cars no matter who buys them.. A good friend owns the local BMW dealer here and he was the same way as he tooted around in his m3.. I once caught up with him at a light... Were he chuckled and said are uou serious its a mercedes.. With out go into it he has a different perspective of the c63 now. And that was when I was bone stock...
My neighbor has an M3 and it is a great car...but, it is definitely missing torque. It handles great and I do like the dynamic suspension and M-DCT, but it is no match for the C63's brute power. I have had a few M3's try to hang in a drag race and it has always ended up the same...M3 a couple of car lengths behind. Regardless, I don't know if it would end the same on a road course.

It would be fun to see you (dodger63) go at it! It doesn't sound like the M3's had anyone willing to step up that was evenly matched and the ESS had to back out. I am still stoked to see Tatorr go head to head with a lightly modded M3. We should take the 1/4 mile and 0-100-0...the road course will be close.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by EpicAMG
My neighbor has an M3 and it is a great car...but, it is definitely missing torque. It handles great and I do like the dynamic suspension and M-DCT, but it is no match for the C63's brute power. I have had a few M3's try to hang in a drag race and it has always ended up the same...M3 a couple of car lengths behind. Regardless, I don't know if it would end the same on a road course.

It would be fun to see you (dodger63) go at it! It doesn't sound like the M3's had anyone willing to step up that was evenly matched and the ESS had to back out. I am still stoked to see Tatorr go head to head with a lightly modded M3. We should take the 1/4 mile and 0-100-0...the road course will be close.
according to mp3post, there isn't a 0-100-0 anymore.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=167

1 Drag race, 1/4th mile.
1 Autocross track event.
1 Slalom OR Figure 8 race.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Last week I went to my friends dealership and test drove 2 a 6speed and a dct.. Beautiful cars... I just hope trattor takes the 20s off and gets a set of tires.. I no I would've put some fresh tires and dialed my suspension for road course.. Lets hope we get a great effort... Whole ever shows up

Originally Posted by EpicAMG

Last edited by dodger63; 12-29-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by drawde
according to mp3post, there isn't a 0-100-0 anymore.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=167

1 Drag race, 1/4th mile.
1 Autocross track event.
1 Slalom OR Figure 8 race.
I think thats wishful thinking on the m3 guys I doubt they will change the whole format just cause the BMW guys asked.. Slalom or figure 8 what could that prove. The driver skill would vary way to much.. 1/4 mile/0-100-0/road course can be performed by almost everyone.. Slalom=disaster in my opinion..
Old 12-29-2010, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
I edited my post and took out the derogatory word, sorry I'm not totally embracing the PC movement still--I guess you guys are just more evolved

Sorry if I offened you guys, no offense was intended to the gay population, just using an outdated, offensive word to describe some M "fans" or British cigarette butts

Okay back to the regularly scheduled programming

Last edited by black-clk500; 12-29-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
What I don't understand is that the guy hosting the Forum Wars event keeps proclaiming to be trying to keep it fair by keeping hp/weight around the same. So please explain to me why a ESS M3 with 650hp is chosen, yet Dodgers or MTHIS's C63 with around 580-600 hp is not allowed? They decide to choose a Tune only C63? What a M3 C@#ksucker!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 PM

E63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
What I don't understand is that the guy hosting the Forum Wars event keeps proclaiming to be trying to keep it fair by keeping hp/weight around the same. So please explain to me why a ESS M3 with 650hp is chosen, yet Dodgers or MTHIS's C63 with around 580-600 hp is not allowed? They decide to choose a Tune only C63? What a M3 C@#ksucker!
What a joke. So now we get to send a tune only car to represent us when we clearly did not pick that car. Awesome!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Maybe if I go back to stock airboxes I can go? Hahaha I really think mthis would make a good showing for the c63 community. He is tune header only.. And he can drive..
Old 12-29-2010, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Maybe if I go back to stock airboxes I can go? Hahaha I really think mthis would make a good showing for the c63 community. He is tune header only.. And he can drive..
MTHIS should be in the show automatically for the license plate alone, let alone the sick car

Last edited by callmiro; 12-29-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!

You can go use a ROW airbox...that's stock right? lol
Old 12-29-2010, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
BORING !!!!! I am surprised that the show passed on a chance to show off what can be done to these cars with just a few mods. Viewers who are not familiar with our little world would have been amazed at the supercar peformance stats that could have been posted.

Now it isn't really anything different than a C&D comparison video. Might as well skip it and watch MotorWeek TV.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 AM

Looking for E63
Guys, we understand the enthusiasm from Dodger, and appreciate his willingness to make the drive from the North East, but we have moved forward with Tatorr. His car is already at a power advantage against the M3. I have spoken with Tatorr, he is a great guy and is very excited about representing MBWorld. There will be future seasons of the Forum Wars and perhaps then we can try and match the Monster C63 and M3s. But this is going to be a great match up and I hope you guys really get behind Tatorr. He's a great guy I wish him luck. Thanks to all and we look forward to hearing what you think about this episode when its released! Paul
Old 12-30-2010, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by hhughes1
BORING !!!!! I am surprised that the show passed on a chance to show off what can be done to these cars with just a few mods. Viewers who are not familiar with our little world would have been amazed at the supercar peformance stats that could have been posted.

Now it isn't really anything different than a C&D comparison video. Might as well skip it and watch MotorWeek TV.
This is a really good thread with some funny comments by some sharp cats.

I have to say, I agree with you, hhughes1, completely. Great point. Seriously.

That's why I feel like Forum Wars is not embracing the depth of the car forums. They're still just scratching the surface.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:56 AM

pontiac firefly
Originally Posted by theforumwars
Guys, we understand the enthusiasm from Dodger, and appreciate his willingness to make the drive from the North East, but we have moved forward with Tatorr. His car is already at a power advantage against the M3. I have spoken with Tatorr, he is a great guy and is very excited about representing MBWorld. There will be future seasons of the Forum Wars and perhaps then we can try and match the Monster C63 and M3s. But this is going to be a great match up and I hope you guys really get behind Tatorr. He's a great guy I wish him luck. Thanks to all and we look forward to hearing what you think about this episode when its released! Paul
info on the m3??? does it have a tune also?
Old 12-30-2010, 12:58 AM

E63
With all due respect to "Tatorr" for stepping up, Paul, I have to ask, is this a joke?

dodger's car was at a significant 150-170HP disadvantage to the supercharged & built and lightened M3 it was supposed to run, however he was still willing to make the trip from NY and on those terms you accepted his offer.

So it was ok for dodger to race a supercharged gutted M3 with built motor, but his 3 performance mods (still stock longblock N/A) somehow disqualify him from running a tune, airbox, and header M3? What about a full bolt-on M3 (still gives them the advantage parts wise)?

I'd say a good start would be explaining the logic behind the above?

Let the cars speak for themselves, find a full bolt-on M3 (there are many in TX) to run dodger's car, otherwise I won't waste my time watching a tune only car run (no offense Tatorr). To be honest I've never even heard of "Forum Wars" until I read about it in this post, and now I understand why.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
My friend as a visitor here, there's things you should no when you talk from both ends people catch on take your tv show and everything else you do and seek out other forums/cars people. Most here that have a brain no that it's hard to cross back over a bridge that you burnt? I personally will never be involved in any thing you ever are involved in and not speaking for anyone else I'm sure many feel the same way.. You have brought a black cloud over what you are trying to do. In my opinion. I wish trattor the best of luck!!! To be honest bait and switch doesn't work here changing and making up rules as you see fit isn't the best idea!

Trattor be ready the supercharged m3 will probably show up!!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Trattor be ready the supercharged m3 will probably show up!!
I don' think that will happen because the show will loose whatever integrity it has left and would be bad business for them.

Dodger: Are you using a spell check? Your "no" should be "know."
Old 12-30-2010, 01:21 AM

E63
I don' think that will happen because the show will loose whatever integrity it has left and would be bad business for them.

Dodger: Are you using a spell check? Your "no" should be "know."
Blown M3 "lost" it's motor, it won't be around for a while.

Regardless of who shows up on the other side, I and many others have lost whatever respect I had towards this program.

While the C63 elected was willing to overlook the 150-170HP disadvantage and on top of that a 700lb weight difference, his 3 performance mods simply outclass him from racing a M3 modified to similar specification or even moreso NA.

Hey let's punish the MB guys because their engine is over 50% larger from the factory than the BMW drivers.

Bunch of BS and remember, no one elected the person you selected.

Again no offense Tatorr, none of this is your fault or doing.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:40 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Thumbs down

This is BS. I think Tatorr shoudn't go.

Or maybe he can borrow Dodger's LT headers and Carbonio box for the event?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)