My run in with a Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by austinholloman
Wait I read all three pages and I think I still missed it- So who's dix are bigger?
Not sure but soldier2304 is the only one who has actually seen one in person it seems and alqamzi has 2 of them and he claims one is bigger than the other.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by callmiro
All you gotta do is pull beside.....and the point is proven

This forum is acutally full of car enthusiasts who actually go to the track and race......and post their results and improvements based on experience......not armchair/keyboard analysts

"This is the typical agenda from this forum,somebody posts info&everybody chides in to call BS...as no way any car could even be remotely close to being faster then a tuned C63."

Don't chop the forum or the forum will chop you
LOL, 118E63 is one of the biggest track junkies on this forum. Not only does he run his **** on the track (and break records, by the way), but he will run anybody on the street. Money or for fun. Fail...

Originally Posted by alqamzi
Guys lets not fight about something stupid like this. I will say it for the last time i own both and the shelby is faster end of story.
Agreed. I have run the C63 with Kleeman tune and stock C63. When I ran the bone stock GT500, it definitely pulled harder than the stock C63 and seemed just as fast as the tuned one, if not faster. This was a pre-11 though. I'm sure the 2011 would beat a tuned C63.

Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Stock 556hp ctsv is a slug. I raped one 3 times in a row. Too bad my friend filmed it and my face showed.
Oh God...

Originally Posted by propain
Anything is possible I guess.

However, that post means nothing to me. He wouldnt be the first guy to ever put a pulley on a car and bring up the boost up and call it "100% stock" happens every day. I hear professional weight lifters dont take steroids too..

Im looking at results posted by many non biased members of the automotive community. Not from a Ford Mustang site. Are you saying that they all just suck at driving??

If he indeed did put down a 11.3 100% stock on DR's then I guess this guy http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...lip-21740.html who spent all that money to be a measly 10th quicker should be quite pissed. 100LB's is not making that much of a difference. Sorry.

Ive given much props to the GT500 in this thread so dont mistake me for being a brand hater. I have all sorts of cars and im not married to one brand. I can smell BS when I see it though. When EVERYONE is running 12's and this "Stock" GT500 puts down an unheard of 11.3 on DR's you gotta wonder... I do at least.
It's just like the C6 Z06. Most guys have a hard time getting it to break into the 11's. It's not easy to get it to hookup. Plus most people can't shift fast enough or are afraid to powershift. Go down to a track like MIR and put it in the hands of a guy like Ranger or Jamie Furman and....well, you know the rest of the story. Now I agree, chances are you can beat a Shelby GT500 on the track thanks to the automatic gearbox and the ease of launching and no-brainer shifting. But under ideal conditions, with an excellent driver, the GT500 on DR's should spank a C63 on DR's. Again, this doesn't mean on the streets or the track that the C can't annihilate the GT500 due to an inexperienced driver or lack of grip.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amg
"
Bottom line.. 1 car mag from a ford muscle mag has a "Stock" GT500 running low 11's and the rest of the world has it running at a 12.3-12.7 stock. Hmmmmmmm......
Hmmmmm,magazines also had the W211 E63 AMG running 12.4-12.6 @ 114...but yet I seem to remember when a certain somebody on the W211 side ran a 11.95 @118 in his bonestock '07 E63. So,does that mean it wasnt possible since the mags could only muster a 12.4-12.6? Or that he was cheating? Stop..

Anything is possible,magazines&Dragtimes-info are not the end-all of drag data..being at the track&having friends who race these cars every weekend&seeing what they run firsthand holds more weight in my book then any forum BS or youtube vid.

C'mon bro I know YOU of all people should know better especially since ur quite the dragracer as well...Mr. 9sec Chevelle

Last edited by 118E63; 12-23-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Not sure but soldier2304 is the only one who has actually seen one in person it seems and alqamzi has 2 of them and he claims one is bigger than the other.
Well at least I can still see mine while I'm peeing... I dont know why your still comparing 1/4 mile times in all this since we are mainly talking about ROLL races and the fact that you fail to look at the numbers for both cars. Let me know of a tuned C63 that puts more than 540 crank hp after being tuned, not MHP, OE, Kleemann, or Renntech. Top that with the fact that both cars weight around the same thing it's pretty much a no brainer nothing to discuss. This topic is like discussing which car is faster in a straight line C63 or M3? I think we all know the answer to that.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by 118E63
Hmmmmm,magazines also had the W211 E63 AMG running 12.4-12.6 @ 114...but yet I seem to remember when a certain somebody on the W211 side ran a 11.95 @118 in his bonestock '07 E63. So,does that mean it wasnt possible since the mags could only muster a 12.4-12.6? Or that he was cheating? Stop..

Anything is possible,magazines&Dragtimes-info are not the end-all of drag data..being at the track&having friends who race these cars every weekend&seeing what they run firsthand holds more weight in my book then any forum BS or youtube vid.

C'mon bro I know YOU of all people should know better especially since ur quite the dragracer as well...Mr. 9sec Chevelle

I do know better. I spent the first 3 pages stating how sick the GT500 is with work done to it. No question in a mod fight the GT500 comes out WAY on top.

With the GT500 the range of times varies so much its hard to know who is running what. A Mag like Motortrend is pretty respectable and they have some good drivers and they were only able to get a 12.7 out of the GT500 stock.

Yes, on DR's at 15psi in the tires and hole shotting at 5K RPM with zero wheel spin you can most likely get into the high 11's in a stock GT500. I don't doubt that. The guy running and 11.1 "Stock" I would like to see that car up close because that smells fishy.

Not sure about the 11.9 stock E63. DA plays a huge roll as well. When you correct that time im sure its a mid to low 12. But even if DA wasnt the factor with enough runs you can manage a "Perfect" run. My 9.98 was a perfect one in neg DA. My Chevelle runs low 10's all day. I don't go around saying my Chevelle is a 9 second car ever because its simply not true.

Like I said, anything is possible. Someone on here said it best, I think it was a sponsor. Your best run is not what the car does. Its better to average your runs because that's what your car really does in real world conditions.

If that stock GT500 without the ice and fans and 45 min cool downs is consistently putting down 11.1 on DR's thats a really good driver and must be very well prepped track.

However! lol If its one thing Ive learned at the track is most people are full of crap about what they are running and almost ALWAYS have a little secret they happen to leave out. The MHP C63 that ran the 11.6 tune only was very impressive. Long after I found out those runs were accomplished with skinnys up front and the rest of the runs were 11.8+. There is always a little something people leave out..
Old 12-23-2010, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by soldier2304
Well at least I can still see mine while I'm peeing... I dont know why your still comparing 1/4 mile times in all this since we are mainly talking about ROLL races and the fact that you fail to look at the numbers for both cars. Let me know of a tuned C63 that puts more than 540 crank hp after being tuned, not MHP, OE, Kleemann, or Renntech. Top that with the fact that both cars weight around the same thing it's pretty much a no brainer nothing to discuss. This topic is like discussing which car is faster in a straight line C63 or M3? I think we all know the answer to that.
I don't see mine because the doc said I shouldn't lift anything heavy...

I'm talking about 1/4 mile times not roll races. I think we have spent 4 pages talking about 1/4 mile times. Where did you see any subject change to roll races? I have looked at the numbers for both cars in various locations.

HP isn't the end all for a discussion. If it was that easy no one would need to race anymore... The 2010 Camaro SS has 25 less HP than the 2010 C63 stock. An auto SS weighs about 3900 lb's. The C63 weights about 100 lb's more but has 25 more HP. Should be a close to a dead heat right? Nope.. The SS gets spanked by the C63. By about 1/2 a second in the 1/4. So many other factors.

All I am saying is you came into this thread calling people clueless because you raced 1 GT500. You knew nothing about what you raced other than it was a GT500 but somehow you think it makes you more of an expert. Im sorry if I got the wrong impression and Im not looking to get into a flame war with you, but that's how I read it.

Last edited by propain; 12-23-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by soldier2304

Wait till 2012, it'll happen!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Banned

amg
I do know better. I spent the first 3 pages stating how sick the GT500 is with work done to it. No question in a mod fight the GT500 comes out WAY on top.

With the GT500 the range of times varies so much its hard to know who is running what. A Mag like Motortrend is pretty respectable and they have some good drivers and they were only able to get a 12.7 out of the GT500 stock.

Yes, on DR's at 15psi in the tires and hole shotting at 5K RPM with zero wheel spin you can most likely get into the high 11's in a stock GT500. I don't doubt that. The guy running and 11.1 "Stock" I would like to see that car up close because that smells fishy.

Not sure about the 11.9 stock E63. DA plays a huge roll as well. When you correct that time im sure its a mid to low 12. But even if DA wasnt the factor with enough runs you can manage a "Perfect" run. My 9.98 was a perfect one in neg DA. My Chevelle runs low 10's all day. I don't go around saying my Chevelle is a 9 second car ever because its simply not true.

Like I said, anything is possible. Someone on here said it best, I think it was a sponsor. Your best run is not what the car does. Its better to average your runs because that's what your car really does in real world conditions.

If that stock GT500 without the ice and fans and 45 min cool downs is consistently putting down 11.1 on DR's thats a really good driver and must be very well prepped track.

However! lol If its one thing Ive learned at the track is most people are full of crap about what they are running and almost ALWAYS have a little secret they happen to leave out. The MHP C63 that ran the 11.6 tune only was very impressive. Long after I found out those runs were accomplished with skinnys up front and the rest of the runs were 11.8+. There is always a little something people leave out..
Agreed&I applaud you for being able to have a mature debate without resorting to the typical finger pointing&name calling thats become very common
Old 12-23-2010, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by austinholloman
Wait I read all three pages and I think I still missed it- So who's dix are bigger?
Hold on guys. I have the biggest TRUCK here, so obviously I'm the tripod.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c63, 2011 GT500
"alqamzi, unless you raced your GT500 with your C63 or even had both cars to the track your butt dyno is not gonna do. The GT500 feels very fast when that boost kicks in for sure. Enough that it will make it seem faster.

Bottom line.. 1 car mag from a ford muscle mag has a "Stock" GT500 running low 11's and the rest of the world has it running at a 12.3-12.7 stock. Hmmmmmmm......
I did race my GT500 with my modded C63 and I beat my C63 by at least one car length. My C63 has headers and a tune. My GT500 has a pulley only (no tune). I didn't say anything about dyno. Dyno readings are worthless when comparing two cars. You can get a Dyno reading to say whatever you want. My only statement here is that the GT500 is the faster of the two cars. Just faster, not better, not anything else!! I'm not replying anymore now.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I did race my GT500 with my modded C63 and I beat my C63 by at least one car length. My C63 has headers and a tune. My GT500 has a pulley only (no tune). I didn't say anything about dyno. Dyno readings are worthless when comparing two cars. You can get a Dyno reading to say whatever you want. My only statement here is that the GT500 is the faster of the two cars. Just faster, not better, not anything else!! I'm not replying anymore now.

I meant butt dyno as a compare. I didn't mean an actual dyno. I didn't know if you actually raced your C63 that is why I said "Feel faster" from one to the other without actually racing. Hard to race your own car without help...

Relax brother, no one is getting excited here or taking it personally. You seem to feel people are for some reason.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:13 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
I meant butt dyno as a compare. I didn't mean an actual dyno. I didn't know if you actually raced your C63 that is why I said "Feel faster" from one to the other without actually racing. Hard to race your own car without help...

Relax brother, no one is getting excited here or taking it personally. You seem to feel people are for some reason.
Yes, I raced the shelby and c63 at the same time, with no help.
I'm not taking this 'personally', I am a car enthusiast enjoying a good talk about cars. If I was Carroll Shelby then it might be a different story

Last edited by alqamzi; 12-23-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Yes, I raced the shelby and c63 at the same time, with no help.
I'm not taking this 'personally', I am a car enthusiast enjoying a good talk about cars. If I was Carroll Shelby then it might be a different story

My Chevelle has never raced my Charger.
My Camaro has never raced my STI
My C63 has never raced my STI
My 996 has never raced any of them...

You get the point...

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I love the conversations!!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:42 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
My Chevelle has never raced my Charger.
My Camaro has never raced my STI
My C63 has never raced my STI
My 996 has never raced any of them...

You get the point...

Happy Holidays!
I get the point because nothing in that selection of cars is worth racing the other. Did you mean 993? Because, the 996 Porsche turbo is from '00-'05 and your sig says 1996!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
[quote=ItalianStallion;4425936]LOL, 118E63 is one of the biggest track junkies on this forum. Not only does he run his **** on the track (and break records, by the way), but he will run anybody on the street. Money or for fun. Fail...

Dude...the only fail here is posting up an article that actualy refutes what you are trying to solidify.....

Look....We all know the GT500 can become a monster with all the right parts....but on the street/track stock for stock, its anyones game because as much as they are fast cars it all comes down to the driver....

Obviously everyone at the track is going for the quickest ET and their driving skills reflect that, but 90% of drivers have never been to the track and their driving skills reflect that to.....thats why we have street/strip kill stories littiering this forum and others....

I know when i pul beside anyone at a light, that when i drop the hammer, its shift light every gear, but i can't say the same for the guy beside me....

Thats why when i hear guys drop absolutes like this car is faster than that car PERIOD, i get it, but it doesnt mean the faster car will win the race everytime because the dude behind the wheel controls how fast the car actually is...that's why you hear kill stories on the C63 board on guys beating everything imaginable

Last edited by callmiro; 12-23-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I get the point because nothing in that selection of cars is worth racing the other. Did you mean 993? Because, the 996 Porsche turbo is from '00-'05 and your sig says 1996!

No, you seem to miss the point completely. Try reading it again slowly. Try to act like you are older than 19. Maybe you will get it.

Obviously missed the 1. Thank you Mr. Google. Anytime you want to compare garages let me know.. Pics, me flipping you the bird in front of them or me simply stomping your C63 and your GT500 with a 44 year old car on the track, let me know.

Last edited by propain; 12-23-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
...or me simply stomping your C63 and your GT500 with a 44 year old car on the track, let me know.
It's ok - he & I will just hop in the Raptor and cut across the track. Maybe not legal, but we'll take the checkered flag anyway
Old 12-23-2010, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by justthebest
It's ok - he & I will just hop in the Raptor and cut across the track. Maybe not legal, but we'll take the checkered flag anyway

Those trucks are badass. Ive always wanted to own a off road like that... one day...
Old 12-24-2010, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Totally agree with you about modding a Stang....you drop a Kenne Bell blower in there and its easy into the high 10's.....

Even on the Kenne Bell site, they show a stock 540HP GT500 pulling 444 WHP - over 800 WHP with a 2.8 blower....

http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/SC_pg...uts/Shelby.htm

just put a twin turbo on an LS7 zo6 and call it a day.haha or pro-charge it
Old 12-24-2010, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Wow you guys still talking about this... We need to get back to the basics and talk Mercedes!! Let's talk some smack about BMW so this forum challenge happens!
Old 12-24-2010, 08:02 AM

2004 SVT Cobra
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
It's just like the C6 Z06. Most guys have a hard time getting it to break into the 11's. It's not easy to get it to hookup. Plus most people can't shift fast enough or are afraid to powershift. Go down to a track like MIR and put it in the hands of a guy like Ranger or Jamie Furman and....well, you know the rest of the story. Now I agree, chances are you can beat a Shelby GT500 on the track thanks to the automatic gearbox and the ease of launching and no-brainer shifting. But under ideal conditions, with an excellent driver, the GT500 on DR's should spank a C63 on DR's. Again, this doesn't mean on the streets or the track that the C can't annihilate the GT500 due to an inexperienced driver or lack of grip.
^ Sums it up in a nutshell.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned

amg
[quote=callmiro;4426733]
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
LOL, 118E63 is one of the biggest track junkies on this forum. Not only does he run his **** on the track (and break records, by the way), but he will run anybody on the street. Money or for fun. Fail...

Dude...the only fail here is posting up an article that actualy refutes what you are trying to solidify.....

Look....We all know the GT500 can become a monster with all the right parts....but on the street/track stock for stock, its anyones game because as much as they are fast cars it all comes down to the driver....

Obviously everyone at the track is going for the quickest ET and their driving skills reflect that, but 90% of drivers have never been to the track and their driving skills reflect that to.....thats why we have street/strip kill stories littiering this forum and others....

I know when i pul beside anyone at a light, that when i drop the hammer, its shift light every gear, but i can't say the same for the guy beside me....

Thats why when i hear guys drop absolutes like this car is faster than that car PERIOD, i get it, but it doesnt mean the faster car will win the race everytime because the dude behind the wheel controls how fast the car actually is...that's why you hear kill stories on the C63 board on guys beating everything imaginable
so enlighten us:lets forget about you pulling alongside somebody at a stop light,tell us what your C63 runs at a dragstrip.. Or are you just a bench-racer as well?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:01 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
No, you seem to miss the point completely. Try reading it again slowly. Try to act like you are older than 19. Maybe you will get it.

Obviously missed the 1. Thank you Mr. Google. Anytime you want to compare garages let me know.. Pics, me flipping you the bird in front of them or me simply stomping your C63 and your GT500 with a 44 year old car on the track, let me know.
I don't need to google I already know everything about porsche. Second of all, I am 23. And I only listed the cars that I have in the US. If you really want to compare my real garage to what you have JUST let me know. I don't know why you took it so personally that a shelby is faster then a c63?! It was just a comment not an insult to you or anyone. This time i am really not replying TO YOU in this thread anymore.

Have a nice christmas eve.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
[quote=118E63;4427365]

so enlighten us:lets forget about you pulling alongside somebody at a stop light,tell us what your C63 runs at a dragstrip.. Or are you just a bench-racer as well?
Why does it matter.....the GT500 would beat me. Period

I've been street/strip racing for 20 years. I've had 3 mustangs / Z28 / Trans Am / Corvette.....all at the track

My first mustang had Dart heads / GT40 intake / X303 Cam / 30 lb injectors / Mac exhaust / Flowmasters / 4:10's all on a stock block running 11.50's all day long......

My C63 has run a best of 12.12 at 116 hooking 1.8 60 foot....with a babyseat in the back

I respect all guys and cars that race, but i would never hesitate to race any factory stock street car / because magazine articles and test data don't mean shi+ on the street....

Last edited by callmiro; 12-24-2010 at 10:07 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My run in with a Camaro SS