exhaust manifolds, Vath or kleemann??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63 AMG
exhaust manifolds, Vath or kleemann??

hello
forgive for my English, I'm Spanish and I can hardly speak a little English.
I have a dilemma with my C63 AMG, I want to install exhaust manifolds, and not marking to market.
Collectors are more efficient than the Vath, or Kleemann
Old 12-20-2010, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Just my opinion, but if you're going to change the manifolds, wouldn't it make more sense to get the most performance that you can, i.e., long tube headers?

I know there's a price difference but the difference in performance is significant.

I guess I'm just more of a fan of true LT's if you're going to go to the trouble of having your stock manifolds removed.

Have you thought of MHP LT's? Also OE Tuning has some LT's coming out.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 12-20-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:40 PM

Mercedes C63 AMG
I have put the Kleemann ecu and I have thought to put one of these exhaust manifolds, if there is a cheaper option you can comment me
Old 12-20-2010, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by vivanco
I have put the Kleemann ecu and I have thought to put one of these exhaust manifolds, if there is a cheaper option you can comment me
I'm sure the K2 package will be less expensive than LT's and a custom tune.

If I had a Kleeman tune, I would stick with Kleeman hardware (i.e., Kleeman log manifolds).

If I had a Kleeman tune and I installed any exhaust manifold other than Kleeman log manifolds, I would have my tune re-mapped (as necessary) on a dyno or on the road for the new manifolds.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by vivanco
hello
forgive for my English, I'm Spanish and I can hardly speak a little English.
I have a dilemma with my C63 AMG, I want to install exhaust manifolds, and not marking to market.
Collectors are more efficient than the Vath, or Kleemann
Welcome aboard. I am from Spain too. What town? I am from Sevilla. The way to go would be anything other than long tube since the ITV technicians atually get underneath your car and check for everything.

The only thing I recommend would be a flash first since most of the bolt-ons get rejected throught the ITV inspections, this includes (tires, rims, fenders, bumpers, tint windows, headlights, tail lights and the list goes on and on.

Last edited by C63newdude; 12-20-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
MBH long-tube headers instead...call them (in AZ) or PM them as they're an MBW sponsor here.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
I guess I'm just more of a fan of true LT's if you're going to go to the trouble of having your stock manifolds removed.
I agree. After having both log manifolds and true long-tube headers I certainly wish I would have gone down the long-tube road the first time.

Originally Posted by sflgator
MBH long-tube headers instead...call them (in AZ) or PM them as they're an MBW sponsor here.
A point of clarity. MBH's current C63 header is not a long-tube design. Their design is a Tri-Y full-length header. Easy to tell by the fact the first collector is located after a very short primary run. The only true long-tubes I've seen for the C63 are Evosport's Long-tube Tri-Y design and MHP's Long-tube 4-into-1 design.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by superlubricity
I agree. After having both log manifolds and true long-tube headers I certainly wish I would have gone down the long-tube road the first time.

A point of clarity. MBH's current C63 header is not a long-tube design. Their design is a Tri-Y full-length header. Easy to tell by the fact the first collector is located after a very short primary run. The only true long-tubes I've seen for the C63 are Evosport's Long-tube Tri-Y design and MHP's Long-tube 4-into-1 design.
Good to know about your thoughts on the log manifolds vs LTs. Out of curiousity, which setup produced your favorite sound? Log manifolds or LT's? Or were they both nice but just different?

Also, what exactly does Tri-Y mean? Does it mean that the primaries are different lengths?

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Good to know about your thoughts on the log manifolds vs LTs. Out of curiousity, which setup produced your favorite sound? Log manifolds or LT's? Or were they both nice but just different?

Also, what exactly does Tri-Y mean? Does it mean that the primaries are different lengths?

Thanks.
Tri Y design is 4 into 2 then 2 into 1 hence the triple Y

Given the restrictions mentioned above I would not modify the exhaust at all, but be assured the MHP long tubes work great with Klemann software
Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500

Thanks.
Best sound came with the GT-PRO X-pipe and the PLM manifolds. Long-tubes are just gnarly but man do they make power/torque.

Tri-Y is the design. Tri-Y's have two primaries on each side entering into a Y-collector. These two Y-collectors flow into the two secondary tubes. These secondary tubes flow into a final Y-collector. Two 2-into-1s and then one 2-into-1. Three Y-collectors or Tri-Y. Hope that makes sense. It's much easier to just look at the design.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:06 PM

CLS55, C63, 997 Turbo
I wouldn't waste my time with Vath. And I don't really know anyone running Kleemann headers for a 63. I have the Evosport LT headers and love them!! They will work great with your Kleemann tune as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:15 PM

C63 Black Series
MHP / Car Graphic LT headers
BMC Air filters
and Kleemann K2 Ecu tune

Best way to go
Old 12-20-2010, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Best sound came with the GT-PRO X-pipe and the PLM manifolds. Long-tubes are just gnarly but man do they make power/torque.

Tri-Y is the design. Tri-Y's have two primaries on each side entering into a Y-collector. These two Y-collectors flow into the two secondary tubes. These secondary tubes flow into a final Y-collector. Two 2-into-1s and then one 2-into-1. Three Y-collectors or Tri-Y. Hope that makes sense. It's much easier to just look at the design.
I bet that exhaust setup sounded sweet. But, I know what you mean with some good LT's. When I installed a pair some months back on the Camaro, the power really increased. Prior to the install, traction was a problem but easily managed. Once I installed the LT's I was breaking loose more often.

Thanks for the description of the Tri-Y's and the suggestion to look at them. Now I know.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Tri Y design is 4 into 2 then 2 into 1 hence the triple Y

Given the restrictions mentioned above I would not modify the exhaust at all, but be assured the MHP long tubes work great with Klemann software
Thanks for the description, hhughes1. Makes total sense.

And given your cars' performance, I can see your setup works very well!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
The 'sound' of the MBH Tri-Y headers with ecu flash tune ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWmoUMItHqU

Mods & dyno numbers in my sig.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by sflgator
The 'sound' of the MBH Tri-Y headers with ecu flash tune ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWmoUMItHqU

Mods & dyno numbers in my sig.
Sounds awesome.