Sponsored by:

disappointed..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
^^ lol at Zephyr!! But seriously back to the topic, Dr Q post pics of your issues, it might not be as bad as it looks.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
JBSPEED? good i didnt plan on buying anything from them anyways...

btw some of you members are a bunch of fruits...you know who you are...."community" my bunghole
Ghazan - who the f do you think you are? You weigh in here with zero value and come off as a know it all.

Originally Posted by LZH
Why didn't you plan on buying anything from them ?

Hindsight is always 20/20, smartguy
How true. Love all the members who sit back and let other experiment and try out new products/vendors and then act as if they knew something when something did not go right with the experiment. I would like to see more members here actually take the "leap" and put their $ where their mouths are rather than spouting off after the fact.

Originally Posted by GHAZAN
you can tell based on their pricing china made = china quality blackguy

Ghazan - 95% of the CF is made in China - simple economics! Simple price comparison. Anything made in US/Germany/Japan will cost much more. The quality will be better from suppliers like MACarbon, Revosport and others. BTW - where do you think that diffuser you are selling is made? At $300 it is made in China so please don't call the kettle black here.

also many stories on diffuser fitment in previous threads, research helps
Originally Posted by bhamg
A review of your posts shows how little you contribute to this "community." Be sure to wipe that bunghole on the way out...
Could not agree more. I have noticed the same thing. Most of your posts Ghazan are simply one liners asking for pricing or some smart *** comments. Please show me one post where you actually contributed something to the forum and helped others. yet another side-liner who makes the calls off the field but won't weigh in with his money on experimenting with modifications for the benefit of all.

I have never bought anything from the vendor in question here and therefore will not weigh in with comments on the quality of their CF parts. What I do know is that awhile back they were selling hood emblems which they insisted were correct size for C63. I have never seen aftermarket hood emblems of the correct size so I pushed them to measure and reconfirm that they were the correct size. After pushing hard, it became clear that these emblems were the ones all over the net which will work on regular c-class not C63. As buyer you just need to use caution and make sure you protect yourself.

To OP, I am sorry to hear of your issues and hopefully vendor will make things right with you. If not, then post the outcome.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Sigh. Sorry to hear about another one of these fitment issues with the vendor that the OP dealt with.

I guess my original post from waaaaaaay back long over a year ago, with large, fully detailed pics and explanations still didn't deter anyone from making the same mistakes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You get what you pay for! This holds true 99% of the time. The other 1%, it usually takes a brave soul acting as the guinea pig so the rest of the community can get in on the great deal.

Sorry, Dr. Q. I'm afraid you're going to learn the hard way.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:11 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Roswell
^^ lol at Zephyr!! But seriously back to the topic, Dr Q post pics of your issues, it might not be as bad as it looks.
Like i said i didnt even take a pic.. Atm i was like kinda out of mind n ma guy told me that "calm down, will do ma best to look better.."
So i just got out of the bodyshop n went to work..

Last edited by Dr. Q; 01-22-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:24 AM

2009 C63 AMG
thx 4 all ppl that cheered me up n gave me good words..
I guess I can pick up my car today.. will take some pics n post them..

just wish me luck that looks not really bad..

Have a great day, guys!!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Dr. Q
thx 4 all ppl that cheered me up n gave me good words..
I guess I can pick up my car today.. will take some pics n post them..

just wish me luck that looks not really bad..

Have a great day, guys!!
Good luck dude. Hope your guy did his best to make it look good. Please let us know!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Originally Posted by harrower
Ghazan - who the f do you think you are? You weigh in here with zero value and come off as a know it all.

How true. Love all the members who sit back and let other experiment and try out new products/vendors and then act as if they knew something when something did not go right with the experiment. I would like to see more members here actually take the "leap" and put their $ where their mouths are rather than spouting off after the fact.

Could not agree more. I have noticed the same thing. Most of your posts Ghazan are simply one liners asking for pricing or some smart *** comments. Please show me one post where you actually contributed something to the forum and helped others. yet another side-liner who makes the calls off the field but won't weigh in with his money on experimenting with modifications for the benefit of all.

I have never bought anything from the vendor in question here and therefore will not weigh in with comments on the quality of their CF parts. What I do know is that awhile back they were selling hood emblems which they insisted were correct size for C63. I have never seen aftermarket hood emblems of the correct size so I pushed them to measure and reconfirm that they were the correct size. After pushing hard, it became clear that these emblems were the ones all over the net which will work on regular c-class not C63. As buyer you just need to use caution and make sure you protect yourself.

To OP, I am sorry to hear of your issues and hopefully vendor will make things right with you. If not, then post the outcome.
Welcome back Harrower
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
If the company in the discussion here is in fact JBSpeed, add me to the list of people that received a poor quality piece. Intrigued by the price, I purchased a rear spoiler for my SL600. I figured, how bad could it be, right? Well, the carbon fiber overlay had defects in it, and the fitment was as bad as I've ever seen on an aftermarket spoiler.

To their credit, they did offer me a refund, but not until they tried to sell me a non-carbon one.

I've got lots of pics.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
So has it been clarified in here if you tried to reach out to the vendor in question to express your dissatisfaction?

Unless Im missing something:

1) You buy a part
2) You go to get it installed
3) Installer tells you fitment is off
4) You post this thread calling out the vendor
5) Installer tries to make it work
6) Vendor destruction continues

So 2 big gaps -

1 have you called the dude? Every company on the planet has errors, especially with a product like this. If you buy a grill from Weber, and the ignition doesnt work, do you go on the internet posting up about how weber ignitions dont work and you have a grill technician out at your house to fix it? Or do you pick up the phone call Weber and say "send me a replacement, fix this, or come pick up your ****ty product?" Why is this any different?

2 you havent even seen the final product yet? So the installer, after working with a heat gun and some creativity - which is totally common for anyone who has installed aftermarket body parts - may get it to look PERFECT as the manufacturer intended. Your bashing this company and their product without even seeing the final product???

Seems seriously irresponsible to me. There is a time and a place to let the community know about issues, and its AFTER youve seen the product. AFTER you have contacted the company for resolution. AFTER the situation has played out so you have all the facts.

Not defending this company, just saying your way about this was kind of backwards. If I missed something in the thread saying otherwise, then I apologize in advance for not reading thoroughly.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I agree with the above. Although the spoiler I recieved was of subpar quality and fitment, a refund was offered to me with little resistance. I offered to send the peice back to him, but he declined and told me to keep it. I was satisfied with the customer service, just not the product.

I bet if the OP reaches out to the vendor, his experience will be similar.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by rory breaker
So has it been clarified in here if you tried to reach out to the vendor in question to express your dissatisfaction?

1) You buy a part

So 2 big gaps -

1 have you called the dude? Every company on the planet has errors, especially with a product like this. If you buy a grill from Weber, and the ignition doesnt work, do you go on the internet posting up about how weber ignitions dont work and you have a grill technician out at your house to fix it? Or do you pick up the phone call Weber and say "send me a replacement, fix this, or come pick up your ****ty product?" Why is this any different?

2 you havent even seen the final product yet? So the installer, after working with a heat gun and some creativity - which is totally common for anyone who has installed aftermarket body parts - may get it to look PERFECT as the manufacturer intended. Your bashing this company and their product without even seeing the final product???

Seems seriously irresponsible to me. There is a time and a place to let the community know about issues, and its AFTER youve seen the product. AFTER you have contacted the company for resolution. AFTER the situation has played out so you have all the facts.

Not defending this company, just saying your way about this was kind of backwards. If I missed something in the thread saying otherwise, then I apologize in advance for not reading thoroughly.
I agree with this. This would be my final stop after everything played out so I could give my full review.

I would then give my full review of the product and company. The product would get a bad review and if the vendor was able to sort it out to make me feel better then customer service of the vendor would be positive.

Hopefully the OP will follow up with the complete story after everything is resolved. In this instance we are getting a play by play rather than the full story all at once. While its not the way you or I would do it I see nothing wrong with it yet. He got the product and the product was cheap crap and didnt fit. We got the review of it. Now lets see how the vendor handles it.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rory breaker

1) You buy a part

So 2 big gaps -

Ok.. I was acting rashly..
I'd love to say that im sorry to not only everyone that saw this thread but the company..

I should've tried to contact them first about this prbm..
I admit that I was careless..

But.. for a lil excuse..
Atm.. I was upset n honestly there was nothing in my mind but anger.
Actually.. I was talking to them a lil earlier about the crack on side gills.
Then they told me exactly like this..

is it really bad? can people see them easily after you put them on?

i can refund you some money for that if you want, coz if you wanna change a new set, i need you to ship them back

i can refund you $30 now. lemme know. thanks

After i got this message.. I was kinda surprised..
yeah.. crack wasn't that big.. size was like a lil bigger than my thumbnail.
However, they didn't even say that they were sorry..
It seemed they just cared about the money to me..

U ship back to us then will ship new one to you..
But it's too much work.. so just will refund 30 bucks..
wanna take it?

It was like that to me..
So I just picked the second option.. not because i felt happy..
because felt kinda angry n annoying..

but after I found out second prbm on the products that they sent me at the same time..
I was like.. OK, this is it.. not sure if they really just run their company..

So I just posted it..
Didn't mean to bring out which company was.. but just complaining..
n also didn't even expect that is gonna be this big issue..

For now.. I don't know what to do..
Was my acting really that bad? ;(
Old 01-22-2011, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Ok.. I was acting rashly..
I'd love to say that im sorry to not only everyone that saw this thread but the company..

I should've tried to contact them first about this prbm..
I admit that I was careless..

But.. for a lil excuse..
Atm.. I was upset n honestly there was nothing in my mind but anger.
Actually.. I was talking to them a lil earlier about the crack on side gills.
Then they told me exactly like this..

is it really bad? can people see them easily after you put them on?

i can refund you some money for that if you want, coz if you wanna change a new set, i need you to ship them back

i can refund you $30 now. lemme know. thanks

After i got this message.. I was kinda surprised..
yeah.. crack wasn't that big.. size was like a lil bigger than my thumbnail.
However, they didn't even say that they were sorry..
It seemed they just cared about the money to me..

U ship back to us then will ship new one to you..
But it's too much work.. so just will refund 30 bucks..
wanna take it?

It was like that to me..
So I just picked the second option.. not because i felt happy..
because felt kinda angry n annoying..

but after I found out second prbm on the products that they sent me at the same time..
I was like.. OK, this is it.. not sure if they really just run their company..

So I just posted it..
Didn't mean to bring out which company was.. but just complaining..
n also didn't even expect that is gonna be this big issue..

You were just venting, which is fine, and initially you didn't call out the vendor, even though 90% of us already guessed who it could be. That type of reply you received from the vendor was inconsiderate and unprofessional. They should always offer a replacement first only, not "partial refund". If the item was not the quality it should be, then it is not worth selling at full price. If sellers do sell minor damaged products, they should sell it with discounts and with actual picture and not stock pictures. My .02
Old 01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Were you satisfied with the product? If not than you did nothing wrong.

Rory was in the service industry and maybe still is. He knows what its like to be on the other end I think. Giving a full review is always best and the most fair to all parties.

Seeing how others have had negitive experiences with the quality of the product you purchased I think its good to let people know. Customer service is big, but if the product is crap its best to just let everyone know before getting involved. To me my time is worth much more than a refund.

Thank you.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Dr Q, dont worry too much... you didn't do anything wrong by sharing your experience & frustration.

On the other hand, some vendors should understand that we all have a busy life & sending parts back & forth to Asia is not always the best solution... test fitting parts before shipping to the customer could avoid many dramas.

In my case, I didn't even care to ask for a partial refund even though I was not 100% happy about the fitment, let alone returning the part back to Asia... no money/refund can fix my gap in my front lip... so I just decided to bite the bullet this time since the lip is still a good looking lip.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
This vendor is the same one that appropriates pictures of other manufacturers cf parts and passes them off as their own. I have called themout in the past when the posted a picture of cf front oil cooler vents that they simply ripped straight from the Vath website. Disgraceful
Old 01-23-2011, 03:13 AM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
This vendor is the same one that appropriates pictures of other manufacturers cf parts and passes them off as their own. I have called themout in the past when the posted a picture of cf front oil cooler vents that they simply ripped straight from the Vath website. Disgraceful
my sentiment as well brother.IMO this is fraud.posting pics of some other vendor's product as your own is not acceptable.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Please use the "Report Post" function if you ever see this taking place.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Doc, did you also buy the new "upgraded" diffuser with aluminum tabs? If you did, how is the fitment?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Just a word of advice for anyone dealing with a vendor issue and thinking about sharing your frustration with the world BEFORE attempting to resolve the issue directly with the vendor........... Once you post you lose any leverage that you had before you brought the world into the mix. Keep the forums in your pocket until you have exhausted all attempts at resolution.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH
No - you can say whatever you want as long as it doesn't violate the TOS and providing you do it in an honest and respectful manner. Letting your fellow members know about a bad product is what we are all here for. Airing your dirty laundry is another....I think you should call, email or PM the vendor and see if he makes it right by either replacing the parts with ones to your liking, or refunds you 100% of your money. If neither one of those happen and you are still unhappy, then make it public. END OF STORY.
+1000000

There is nothing wrong with posting your negative experience with a company. In fact, if you don't post your experience, then many fellow enthusiast will continue to make the same mistake and eventually no one will benefit from the forum.

If JBSpeed product quality is bad, then it should be known. Don't try to hide the company name or any bad experience you had.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
or it could be their opportunity to make things right...works both ways
Old 01-30-2011, 03:48 AM

C63 Coupe
can we see the pics please?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Sorry to borrow your thread, but speaking of disappointments, have you heard of this guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974
How did you mange to blow up a C63 engine?????

Head bolt snapped. Coolant filled cylinder. You can guess what happened on next compression stroke...... Rod cracked and blew a hole in side if block. Car was completely stock and never driven hard.

Maybe a member of the forum? First time i've heard of an AMG seriously breaking down.