Possible Future Owner.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Possible Future Owner.

Hello everyone! My name is Mo and the lease on my 328xi coupe has come to an end. I would like to ask a couple of questions, please.

I am cross shopping an M3 Coupe with what will hopefully be the C63 AMG Coupe.

Can anyone please tell me what to expect for the 2012 C63 AMG? What rumors are floating around? How is the after market for the C63 AMG? Can I use the C63 AMG as a daily driver? If I put on Blizzaks will that suffice? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Anyone?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
You could be a little bit more patient...not everyone checks the forum every hour

2012 C63 might get a new engine. If so we don't know how the mods will be and will probably take a while for mods to start coming out. Also rumors or maybe truths of MCT transmission which should be a lot stronger than the ones we currently have. That's as far as I know. Try searching for the info
Old 01-27-2011, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Well, they've officially revealed the car and I it's a looker. Interior quality felt cheap and I think that may of been addressed in the facelift. Also, I am hearing the C63 AMG will come with Start/Stop when it shuts down the engine when the car comes to a stop and your foot is on the brake, then turns back on when you take your foot back off.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 C63
^ Thats hardly any reason to buy a car.

If mpg's are like the current C63, it wont be pretty so thats something to consider since your using it as a DD. I don't mind it since my cars just used for the weekends. Additionally, I don't recommend having any rear wheel drive car as a DD no matter what brand/type of tires you run. In case you didn't know, half the reason the northeast experienced major traffic (took me 7.5 hrs to drive 20 miles...) was b/c of people driving BMW 740s, MB E320s, Jaguars, 350/370Zs, G35s, SLKs, CLKs, M5s, 650s, 645s......

Now that my rant is over, there are alot of posts in regards to the new C class coupe. Some say it will have the 5.5tt, others say it'll be just a 5.5 NA, and I think I read another thread that said it may retain the 6.2 in the AMG/BS version....

So not sure which is correct/true but it's def. a nice looking car. It will def. have more tq than the M3 but again when it comes to handling you prob. will shy away from the C. But in daily driving how often do you care about hitting the apex on a clover leaf??

I used to drive an 08 335xi and although the car had alot of tq (JB3) b/c of the TT, it's a different feeling with the C. I think it'll come down to test driving both and seeing which one fits your driving style and life style. If you want a stop light monster I'd get the C b/c it won't disappoint you from a dig.

Please don't buy the car unless you have something to drive in the winter.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by pdjafari
^ Thats hardly any reason to buy a car.

If mpg's are like the current C63, it wont be pretty so thats something to consider since your using it as a DD. I don't mind it since my cars just used for the weekends. Additionally, I don't recommend having any rear wheel drive car as a DD no matter what brand/type of tires you run. In case you didn't know, half the reason the northeast experienced major traffic (took me 7.5 hrs to drive 20 miles...) was b/c of people driving BMW 740s, MB E320s, Jaguars, 350/370Zs, G35s, SLKs, CLKs, M5s, 650s, 645s......

Now that my rant is over, there are alot of posts in regards to the new C class coupe. Some say it will have the 5.5tt, others say it'll be just a 5.5 NA, and I think I read another thread that said it may retain the 6.2 in the AMG/BS version....

So not sure which is correct/true but it's def. a nice looking car. It will def. have more tq than the M3 but again when it comes to handling you prob. will shy away from the C. But in daily driving how often do you care about hitting the apex on a clover leaf??

I used to drive an 08 335xi and although the car had alot of tq (JB3) b/c of the TT, it's a different feeling with the C. I think it'll come down to test driving both and seeing which one fits your driving style and life style. If you want a stop light monster I'd get the C b/c it won't disappoint you from a dig.

Please don't buy the car unless you have something to drive in the winter.
The M3 does get better gas mileage so that does play a major factor in my decision. The snow storm we got yesterday here in Maryland(10.8 inches) was a bit surprising. Apart from snowmageddon last year, we usually don't get much snow around here. I do have a 2011 X5 coming in 2 weeks. That should solve the winter problem. The new C class is also said to be getting start/stop technology. We'll see what happens though. You are absolutely right about your points about daily driving a car.