2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
You will be the confirmation
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht

haha - apparently. Well its my turn to take one for the team I guess.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
I believe walmart sells Bosch Icons, if not go to Advance Auto Parts.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 515 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
You can find these wipers pretty much at any auto parts store.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Yuille36
You can find these wipers pretty much at any auto parts store.
I just ordered off amazon - easier since I dont drive to work
Old 03-24-2011, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Confirmed - they fit and work perfectly. Only difference you'll notice is the clip sticks out a bit more on the wiper arm.

25 seconds to install - dont let the stealer tell u otherwise
Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
anyone find better replacements in the last year or so? I noticed that mine (Bosch Icons) have worn significantly in just a year of use. Is that normal?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Depends, since you live in Jersey, if you ever used the wipers on a frozen window.. ice can and usually does increase wear and tear significantly.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Depends, since you live in Jersey, if you ever used the wipers on a frozen window.. ice can and usually does increase wear and tear significantly.
Now that I think about it, when I had my M3 and wipers were covered Id have them swapped out at every oil change, which was about a year.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Agreed, OEM wipers suck. Would like to have some exact-fit replacements.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I can only find Trico wipers at the local O'Reilly Auto parts shops. The weird thing is you have to detach something that comes on the blade, attach the proper plastic attachment. The stock blades look smooth, but these make it look like some sort of cover is missing. Normally I get Bosch for my other car, but they don't seem to exist for the W204s. Does anyone have a source? Otherwise the dealership said wipers were $60/pair.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
bumping an old thread. I just picked up a set of Bosch Icons 24OE and seems to fit my car fine (haven't had a chance to use them yet).

The only issue I have right now is that the clip is there and it's gigantic compare to the OEM blades. Does it have to be there?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, BMW 135i
My wipers were skipping very badly, the noise they made meant I had to turn them off.

The fix was not the blades but the adjustment in the arms.

The dealer told me it was common problem with the W204 and they were fixed under warranty in about 15minutes.

The passenger side need a slight adjustment and the driver’s side needed almost all there was to offer.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
The OEM wipers on my C63 are far and away the best wipers I've had on any car I've ever owned or driven. I picked my car up with 7K miles as a CPO and they work as good 18 months later as they did when I first got the car.

They stutter a little bit in light rain from time to time, but overall, I'm very impressed with their durability and performance. Mine are branded MB so I can't speak to the Bosch debate...I'm just hoping I won't have to change them anytime soon. I also try to use rain-x - I find this helps extend wiper blade life.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Actually, I was told that some chemical in Rain-X makes the rubber blade deteriorate.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by sjhugh
My wipers were skipping very badly, the noise they made meant I had to turn them off.

The dealer told me it was common problem with the W204 and they were fixed under warranty in about 15minutes.

The passenger side need a slight adjustment and the driver’s side needed almost all there was to offer.

Awesome, will check this out. Mine skip under light rain, even when pretty much new, and get worse every few thousand miles.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:55 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Actually, I was told that some chemical in Rain-X makes the rubber blade deteriorate.
Funny you mention that because some of the best performing blades I ever used on other cars were the new Rain-X Latitude aero blades. I planned on using those on the C63 when the OEM ones get worn...
Old 05-14-2012, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Well, I had always used that combo as well and my wipers usually lasted 12-18 months. I guess you could do what my buddy does and warranty them out every year just before the warranty period expires.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177

Ditto
Old 05-14-2012, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Just found this discussion about Rain-X...
http://www.f150online.com/forums/car...-rain-x-2.html

Looks like it does NOT deterioriate the blades.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 PM

C63 AMG / E3 HSV GTS

When did you get yours "adjusted" mate ... and are they properly fixed now ? Mine have been crap since day one, I've had 2 sets of new blades and an "adjustment" to the wiper &/or blade angle ... they are still crap.

It's such a disappointment as it's the only thing on the car that I'm not happy with. They just skip back & forth and make a horrible noise, damn near useless really. The wipers on my 1978 Corolla that I had when I was 17 were better!

Maybe I need to have them try the adjustment again ???
Old 05-15-2012, 04:54 PM

'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by PatSC23
Did a search, many complaints but no suggeestions for Non-OE replacements. Who has replaced their crap OE wipers with something else and not had them skip at all? Which ones did you go with?
Haven't replaced mine as of yet (only have 1500 Miles)...
However Rain-X does the trick for me.. Just saying.. Good luck
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 PM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
I’m a big Rain-X fan and use it on my daily drive but haven’t tired it on my C63.
It’s a good thing and worth using but it won’t fix the problem if the adjustment is out.

The same goes for replacing the wiper blades, it only helps if the problem is caused by the old worn or bad blades.

Originally Posted by C63_V8
When did you get yours "adjusted" mate ... and are they properly fixed now ? Mine have been crap since day one, I've had 2 sets of new blades and an "adjustment" to the wiper &/or blade angle ... they are still crap.

It's such a disappointment as it's the only thing on the car that I'm not happy with. They just skip back & forth and make a horrible noise, damn near useless really. The wipers on my 1978 Corolla that I had when I was 17 were better!

Maybe I need to have them try the adjustment again ???

Nick, I had mine looked at 2 weeks ago.

I’m almost embarrassed to say that after 2 ½ years ownership the car has only been in the rain twice.

The first time was almost a year ago. It started to rain heavily and when I turned the wipers on, the driver’s side blade skipped across the screen sticking and hopping about 4 times with every pass.
It wouldn’t clear the screen and because I couldn’t see and the noise was so bad I had to turn them off.
I had passengers at the time and must say I was embarrassed but not concerned.

Even though I had never used them, my first thought was old perished blades.
I checked them and they seemed ok.
All my cars that are only occasionally driven sit in the garage with the wipers retracted away from the windscreen. I do this as I come from a hot climate where the wipers if left touching the screen would eventually adhere over time because of the heat. Old habits die hard.

As I thought I only needed the blades swapped I decided to leave it to a day when I wasn’t busy and ended up doing nothing.

A few weeks ago I got caught in rain again and the wipers were so bad I had to pull over and wait for it to ease off.

I took the car to my local dealer and the Service Manager said to me this is a common problem with the W204 and would be fixed under warranty.
He said the car looked new and so did the blades.
They replaced the blades and did the wiper arm adjustments.
The new blades have the Mercedes-Benz Star on the front of them, the old ones didn’t.
They said the driver’s side arm required a lot of adjustment.
The only check they could do was to spray water on the screen and they appeared to be working fine.
I have to wait until it rains to see if this fixed the problem as the pressure while the car is in motion is very different to it being stationary.
They said if I still have a problem the next step is to replace the complete wiper mechanism. He said they had done a lot of them over the last few years and this usually cures the problem.
One word of warning if he can be believed, he said on one car they had to replace the windscreen to try and stop the skipping and it didn’t work. I wonder what that car owner was thinking after that.

If you are still having problems maybe replacing the whole mechanism is your next move.

I hope this helps.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:30 AM

C63 AMG / E3 HSV GTS
Thanks mate ... looks like it's another go at the adjustment. I might push them to replace the assembly but they never do more than they have to.

Can't believe it's such an issue on a car like this ... if Holden can get wipers to work why can't Mercedes ???

Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 AM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
My problem does sound a lot like yours.
I’ll have to wait for rain before I’m sure mine are working ok. My fingers are crossed.

You are right, the basics of wiper technology is done and dusted and there is no excuse to get it wrong.

If I was you I’d be back at the dealers having it looked at again.
After all else fails, BM in Melbourne gives the approval for the replacement of the wiper mechanism. Tell the dealer to get the ok for you, it’s no skin off their nose as they are paid for the work.

Funny you mention Holden as I’d usually agree.
The wipers on my current Ute have a slapping sound from side to side, nothing like as bad as the Mercedes as it is smooth across the screen then slaps as it comes to a stop and returns back.
Like you I’ve owned a hell of a lot of Holden’s and it’s the first time I’ve ever had a problem with their wipers. Two dealers have told me it is within acceptable tolerances. I have to turn the music up a bit to drown it out.
Good luck with yours.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wipers