Sponsored by:

2012 CTS-V or an AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
Originally Posted by C63newdude
They feel like the seats on the TV series Knight rider with the fagget Hasselhof and his fagget hair and 70's vynil/disco jacket flying in the hair, plain aweful.

woah woah woah

dont talk bad about the almighty mitch buchanon. seriously. dont.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM

2010 C63
Originally Posted by justthebest
1. Has there been any confirmation other than pictures regarding a Command update for the new(ish) C? And I thought that fixed Command screen was pretty much the same internals as compared to a 2011 / older Command in the C?

The [2012] C-Class sees the debut of a new telematics generation which will also be gradually introduced in other model series. Major new features include greater operating convenience, larger displays, telephone directory transfer via Bluetooth®, wireless music reproduction and a USB interface in the center console.

The top-of-the-range COMAND Online system now provides internet access for the first time. When the car is stationary the customer can browse freely or surf to a Mercedes-Benz Online service whose pages load particularly rapidly. The integrated services include weather information and a local search function as well as the option of downloading a route that has been previously configured on a PC using Google maps and sent to the car. The navigation system of COMAND Online also has added functions. New features include a 3D display with virtual city views.

Also new: routes covered can be recorded and repeated later, specific personal destinations can be entered and stored and three alternative routes can be displayed on the screen - one of them a particularly economical variant.

As a first in the C-Class, the Becker MAP PILOT makes a low-cost navigation function, which can also be retrofitted, available for the entry-level Audio 20 radio. Its advantages over aftermarket solutions include integrated operation via the COMAND Controller and the Audio 20 display.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:00 PM

C63 AMG
I would not buy that piece of s!@# Caddie. I am on my second AMG and the build quality, performance, history and name are why I am on my second. I could have easily bought a new CTS-V for what I paid for my used C63. I have owned a CTS and they are everything GM brings to the table...gadgets and gismos. Yes the new CTS-V are fast but thats about it. Let's see what it looks like in 5 years.....make that 1 year. That pimp interior caters to those who buy them. You are what you buy. My 2 cent.

Last edited by melmanc55; 02-09-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
The caddie is indeed one fast car, but for me, this caddie sounds like total crap, it doesnt sound the way a 500+ hp car should, its absolutely horrendous. Plus, the brakes look like the same ones on their GMC Sierra pickups, no slots, no crossdrills as far as I know.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
i'd consider one...lot easier to mod and cheaper
Originally Posted by 118E63
Looks/appearance aside I'd be sold on the Caddy for the simple fact that it doesnt cost an arm&leg to get substantially more HP from it

These...

For the money it costs you to get headers and a header tune for the C63 you can have a low 10 second CTSV.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
No amount of $$$ is gonna make that garish CTS-V styling look good.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Even Money
But less amount will.... that interior is a premium upgrade im sure. With different color choices im sure it will look good. All a matter of opinion though. The C63 interior is nothing to write home about.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:54 AM

2004 SVT Cobra
Originally Posted by 1st amg
The caddie is indeed one fast car, but for me, this caddie sounds like total crap, it doesnt sound the way a 500+ hp car should, its absolutely horrendous. Plus, the brakes look like the same ones on their GMC Sierra pickups, no slots, no crossdrills as far as I know.

Yea, what does Brembo know about making brakes.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:44 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
Originally Posted by propain
But less amount will.... that interior is a premium upgrade im sure. With different color choices im sure it will look good. All a matter of opinion though. The C63 interior is nothing to write home about.
Appreciate the voice of reason, Propain.
Looking at your previous collection of cars, also a true enthusiast.

Here's a vid I think you might enjoy...
http://www.dragtimes.com/2009-Cadill...eos-22321.html
Old 02-10-2011, 11:55 PM

c63 amg
the cts-v sedan is just too big for my taste.

the trunk of the coupe is way too high.

Also, sat in a cts-v the interior is quite nice but the instrument cluster needles just looks cheepo IMO.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Originally Posted by propain
You think the caddy's interior looks better than the facelifted C63? Or was it a question whether to keep the old C63 or trade it up to a CTS-V?

Last edited by Jycke; 02-11-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:10 AM

c63 amg
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnxs

In fact the CTS-V does have Brembo Calipers but the disc are plain. Not slotted or cross drilled. Anyone that drives a C63 will tell you that the cross drilled brakes of the c63 always get guys staring at them. My wife keeps telling me "the guy next to us is staring at the brakes, again". The c63 has rotors that just look mean where the cts-v's brake rotors look like something that could actualy been taken from a pick-up part bin IMO.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 AM

c63 amg
Originally Posted by Even Money
Amen BRO.

You just hit the nail right on the head.

Bottom line line More power does'nt equate with more fun at the wheel or just looking back at your car when walking away from it.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Jycke
You think the caddy's interior looks better than the facelifted C63? Or was it a question whether to keep the old C63 or trade it up to a CTS-V?
The caddy interior has always been superior to the C63's interior up to this point.

Id like to see all the updates to both in person before I make my decision but from the pics the new C63 interior is a step in the right direction and more appealing than the current caddy interior.

Have you sat in the Caddy? The interior is really nice.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C63
Originally Posted by c63canada
Quote:

In fact the CTS-V does have Brembo Calipers but the disc are plain. Not slotted or cross drilled. Anyone that drives a C63 will tell you that the cross drilled brakes of the c63 always get guys staring at them. My wife keeps telling me "the guy next to us is staring at the brakes, again". The c63 has rotors that just look mean where the cts-v's brake rotors look like something that could actualy been taken from a pick-up part bin IMO.
I am glad you think looks of rotors are what important, but many other feel that function is more important. The V rotor are actually made by Brembo and are the new dual cast rotors that are also featured on the C63 p31 package. Also the V rotors are larger than the C63's. No they are not drilled or slotted. Cadillac tested both and found no appreciable benefit. It should be noted that the CTS-V is heavier than the C63but stops just as well if not better. If someone was really worried about rotor looks, two piece drilled and slotted rotors are available for both cars from aftermarket companies.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
^^^^ Nice job propain....puts it all in perspective...
Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
To be honest, I like almost everything for the new interior, except the LCD pod area. If you look at the current version, you see the lines flow toward the center and same for the CTS-V. However, the new design cut the flow in half and makes it looking like the E-class or M3 styling, which I don't really like. And I think it will be better if the center uses the same kind design for the new SLK class that retains that flow then it will be perfect.

Sheep
Old 02-11-2011, 02:55 PM

c63 amg
Originally Posted by TexasEngineer
I am glad you think looks of rotors are what important, but many other feel that function is more important. The V rotor are actually made by Brembo and are the new dual cast rotors that are also featured on the C63 p31 package. Also the V rotors are larger than the C63's. No they are not drilled or slotted. Cadillac tested both and found no appreciable benefit. It should be noted that the CTS-V is heavier than the C63but stops just as well if not better. If someone was really worried about rotor looks, two piece drilled and slotted rotors are available for both cars from aftermarket companies.
why would I pay aftermarket rotors. If I'm buying a new car I dont buy just for function but also for looks. Heck a BMW m3 has a single piston or 2 piston front unit that looks like it's off a VW jetta and it stops faster that almost any car including c63 and cts-v

Who are we kidding, if the c63 had a hyundai badge would you have bought it.....

like it or not looks sells. So for equal performance I will take the one that look and performs.

For that matter a nice exhaust sound doesn't help performance but I still like it.

just saying bro
Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by gnxs

Indeed I know that they are brembo, just the ugly looking ones, astetically they are revolting.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
Indeed I know that they are brembo, just the ugly looking ones, astetically they are revolting.
im sorry but that's a pretty retarded comment...because they dont have slots or holes in them they are revolting? but they perform better than ours on a bigger car...lol
Old 02-14-2011, 01:12 PM

2004 SVT Cobra
I get it, you LOVE cross drilled rotors. That's cool. Perhaps the CTS-V's brakes aren't your cup of tea, but revolting? C'mon.

Last edited by gnxs; 02-14-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:23 PM

C63 AMG
Ok, one quick question. How much faster is the 2011 CTS-V coupe suppose to be over a current model C63? Every review that i have read (so far) have it as a mid 12 sec 1/4 mile car with 0-60 times that are 4.0 sec and over..... I have seen posts stating that this car can easily out run a C63 without mods. So how much faster is it? Doesn't sound like much if any.

Last edited by melmanc55; 02-16-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:40 PM

Slow
Originally Posted by melmanc55
Ok, one quick question. How much faster is the 2011 CTS-V coupe suppose to be over a current model C63? Every review that i have read (so far) have it as a mid 12 sec 1/4 mile car with 0-60 times that are 4.0 sec and over..... I have seen posts stating that this car can easily out run a C63 without mods. So how much faster is it? Doesn't sound like much if any.
Wanna come up to Oklahoma I'll show how fast mine is
Old 02-16-2011, 04:12 PM

2004 SVT Cobra
Originally Posted by melmanc55
Fastest time I've ever seen for a bone stock CTS-V Sedan is 11.9@118+ (with a DA right around sea level). The Coupe is ~70 pounds lighter, so maybe an 11.8 in good air on a decent track?

The quickest Dragtimes listing I see for a "stock" C63 is 12.1x ("MThis" from this forum). However, if you look at the specs he mentions this was actually done on 265 drag radials AND -1500 foot DA. I suspect I could have run an 11.5 @ 122+ with DR's and a DA that good when my "V" was stock. Of course that is pure speculation.

Last edited by gnxs; 02-16-2011 at 04:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 CTS-V or an AMG?