OETUNING IN CANADA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
Hopefully a fast "tune only" OE Tuned C63 time will be recorded in good conditions in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
Make sure you put skinnies up front and spare delete and try to beat the tune only record!

To be fair to both tunes OE really hasnt had a lot of track exposure up to this point. MHP has proven itself though and produces solid numbers at the track. As we see more OE on the track that gap might close a bit... or maybe not. Jon cant drive as stated by many and he was able to squeeze out an 11.9 at 118. Raleigh's tune only average is an 11.8. He didn't get the 11.6 until the skinnies were put on. Just to put things in perspective. I didn't see ALL of Jon's slips though so I don't know his average runs, but its been stated by all there he needs more practice at the track. Raleigh runs a solid 11.8 average MHP tune only which is VERY good. Jon also was running with charcoals and stock filters. I believe Raleigh had K&N's or no filters and Charcoal delete. To compare you really need to have all the variables the same and be at the same track at the same time.

Jeremy is a really good guy and I have has no problem with my tune. Im sure Andy is a nice guy and he has proven his tune on the track. I really have no "Tune allegiance" but im hoping my decision to go with OE was a good one and im standing behind my purchase of that tune and waiting to see what it can do before I consider any other options.

Last edited by propain; 02-11-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Hopefully a fast "tune only" OE Tuned C63 time will be recorded in good conditions in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
We need an independent not you. Someone that's had the tune awhile
Old 02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by dodger63
We need an independent not you. Someone that's had the tune awhile
Why is that? No trust?
Old 02-11-2011, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
There are way to many variables I believe to ever get a comparison tune vs tune. At this point I would buy my tune based in peice of mind who you feel comfortable with it's so easy to cheat that it makes it unfair. I could prob post up a 11.3 tune only right now but what should that mean to anyone? Nothing.. Call the companies talk to people but to base buying off a dyno or track number is in my opinion dumb.. I'll be here all week thanks

Originally Posted by propain
Make sure you put skinnies up front and spare delete and try to beat the tune only record!

To be fair to both tunes OE really hasnt had a lot of track exposure up to this point. MHP has proven itself though and produces solid numbers at the track. As we see more OE on the track that gap might close a bit... or maybe not. Jon cant drive as stated by many and he was able to squeeze out an 11.9 at 118. Raleigh's tune only average is an 11.8. He didn't get the 11.6 until the skinnies were put on. Just to put things in perspective. I didn't see ALL of Jon's slips though so I don't know his average runs, but its been stated by all there he needs more practice at the track. Raleigh runs a solid 11.8 average MHP tune only which is VERY good. Jon also was running with charcoals and stock filters. I believe Raleigh had K&N's or no filters and Charcoal delete. To compare you really need to have all the variables the same and be at the same track at the same time.

Jeremy is a really good guy and I have has no problem with my tune. Im sure Andy is a nice guy and he has proven his tune on the track. I really have no "Tune allegiance" but im hoping my decision to go with OE was a good one and im standing behind my purchase of that tune and waiting to see what it can do before I consider any other options.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by propain
Why is that? No trust?
Honestly in business as cut throat as this.. Were one good track day could sell 10 tunes or more just from a number the minipulation could be huge.. If I could throw a race tune on my car and make 10,000-30,000 from that alone I would do it I'm a heart beat.. Not saying it's been done but when it comes to making money I trust everyone!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
There are way to many variables I believe to ever get a comparison tune vs tune. At this point I would buy my tune based in peice of mind who you feel comfortable with it's so easy to cheat that it makes it unfair. I could prob post up a 11.3 tune only right now but what should that mean to anyone? Nothing.. Call the companies talk to people but to base buying off a dyno or track number is in my opinion dumb.. I'll be here all week thanks

Nice post. I agree. You need to be able to gel and trust the person your buying your tune from. You also need a good local shop you can rely on.

You also need to figure out what you want out of your car. Most people dont track their car so that might not be a factor to consider. Overall any tune you go with will wake up the C63 to a performance it should have left the factory with!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Honestly in business as cut throat as this.. Were one good track day could sell 10 tunes or more just from a number the minipulation could be huge.. If I could throw a race tune on my car and make 10,000-30,000 from that alone I would do it I'm a heart beat.. Not saying it's been done but when it comes to making money I trust everyone!
I hear you! Ive been sayin that for a while now in many threads as we all drum our chants for our favorite tunes. Its a dog eat dog world and everyone wants to stand out and look better than the competition. Leaving out a variable here and there can easily be missed by Joe public looking for a tune.

Ill be happy to hit the track with ya when I get back from vacation. I have the same OE tune since day 1. Well push it to its limits and having fun!

Then ill get on with my plans with it.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
If your buying a tune on track results. The choice is clear TODAY but that could change as quick as tomorrow!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM

2008 C63
Love the pun.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
What do we base tune only on! Is it stock filters is it charcoal delete is it with spare without spare shelf tune dyno tune track tune, 91 94 100 104 octane fuel.. What options does the car have nav, sportseats, p31 package with the factory light rotors, LSD no LSD?? Which track what time of year which way is the wind blowing what's the weight of the driver who's driving do the tunes need to go down the same track, same lane
Old 02-11-2011, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Do they need the sane exact tires as nittos are smaller in circumference, mickeys are taller, do we say the "better tune" is the best et or fastest trap
Old 02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Tune only is just that... Tune only...

No filters delete or swap, No Charcoal deletes, No skinnies, No DR's. Stock street tires. Spare in the trunk with all the equipment. 91-93 octane. DA correction applied.

Take a stock C63, throw on a tune and go directly to the track and do not pass go. Beyond that all the above variables change everything.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
My car is only OE Tune with K&N filters and charcoal deletes, and I will be attending the Famoso Raceway event on 2/19. Although I won't have any drag radials or skinnies, I'm still hoping to well represent Jeremy's abilities with an 11.8 or better. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

If I can pull off a good pass with that setup, I will swap the charcoals and stock filters back in to hopefully match it with a true "Tune only" setup.

Last edited by xtyper; 02-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 AMG
OE TUNING COMING TO CANADA!!!!

Please do not turn this thread into an argument my friends. I completely agree in regards to calling the tuners and getting a feel for the work they do. I took my time before dedicating my decision to go with OeTuning.

I am not saying some others do not, but from the extensive time I dedicated to researching who would best suit my needs and I would feel most comfortable with the result was Jeremy of OETuning. It may be different for you.

The amount of countless hours that Jeremy puts into his work to improve every aspect and variable is insane, especially given that his tunes are fantastic as is. I don’t know when he sleeps, he stays up all hours to help tune vehicles all over the world in different time zones. He does not keep selling a single generic tune over and over or wait for a better/comparable tune to be released by a competitor and than decide to come up with something to keep up, he constantly dedicates his time and skill to optimize his work and really cares about what the end user is receiving. I feel like it is a personal achievement thing for him. His life revolves around tunes only and that’s his specialty. Not development of camshafts and headers or other performance oriented parts. The extent of map modification that Jeremy goes over to ensure a perfect result is incredible. Others may be like this too, I don't know, but from all the tuners I spoke to over time here is my bet and he’s coming to CANADA!

This is not a VS thing. Another thing to keep in mind is there are several different tunes and tuners that do wonderful work. Some buy their tunes and resell, some modify existing tunes and sell, some develop based on AMG factory tunes and sell and a few other options.

Each will result in a gain in power. If one tuner creates a 10.5-second Tune only car, that does not mean I would buy that tune, over an 11.9-second tune only car. One thing that really helped me with my decision to go with OeTuning is their consideration for keeping the timing and fuel and other aspects of a tune within safe parameters, to maintain the longevity of the car, safety of the car but yet optimizing the power. It is very easy to get a crazy amount of power from a tune by trading off other variables that can be detrimental to your vehicle, sometimes immediately and sometimes over a period of time. But it is not easy to create power safely especially for tune only car, because you do not have supporting mods for the increased parameters if you choose to go beyond a certain threshold.

Tuning companies who develop/tweak their own, can cater more specifically to the individual needs of a person and that is one of the benefits of having OETUNING IN CANADA!

This is a opportunity for Toronto and Surrounding areas to get Jeremy to personally tune their vehicles on a dyno so you are getting a tune catered to your vehicle exactly or also box tune available, your choice. There is no need to send your ECU or leave your car anywhere. This is done while you wait.

Jeremy is taking time away from his shop, rescheduling and canceling work, covering his flight, hotel rentals etc. and giving us a opportunity to cash in on a fantastic highly sought after product that achieves great results safely.

One huge benefit I find is Jeremey offers his EZFlash, which basically allows you to plug into your obdII any time you wish and toggle between your factory tune and the OEtuning jeremy tune. This is amazing for sm many reasons one being if you choose to have a really aggresive tune but want to drive your vehicle in comfort daily. Another not worrying about your warranty or getting re flashed when you take your vehicle in for service. There are alot of advantages. So who's on board???
OETUNING SAFE: YES
OETUNING RELIABLE: YES
OETUNING STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT : YES
OETUNING DEVELOP IN HOUSE: YES
OETUNING (Jeremy) OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE: YES
OETUNING EQUAL AMAZING GAINS: YES
OETUNING COMING TO CANADA: YES
JEREMY OF OETUNING UNLEASHING YOUR VEHICLES POWER:
YES:
1.AMGV855
2.LEBREEZE
3.S.BSL55

MAYBE:
1.MUSKOKAAMG
2.RJEEZY
Old 02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Have u met Jeremy?

Originally Posted by AMGV855
Please do not turn this thread into an argument my friends. I completely agree in regards to calling the tuners and getting a feel for the work they do. I took my time before dedicating my decision to go with OeTuning.

I am not saying some others do not, but from the extensive time I dedicated to researching who would best suit my needs and I would feel most comfortable with the result was Jeremy of OETuning. It may be different for you.

The amount of countless hours that Jeremy puts into his work to improve every aspect and variable is insane, especially given that his tunes are fantastic as is. I don’t know when he sleeps, he stays up all hours to help tune vehicles all over the world in different time zones. He does not keep selling a single generic tune over and over or wait for a better/comparable tune to be released by a competitor and than decide to come up with something to keep up, he constantly dedicates his time and skill to optimize his work and really cares about what the end user is receiving. I feel like it is a personal achievement thing for him. His life revolves around tunes only and that’s his specialty. Not development of camshafts and headers or other performance oriented parts. The extent of map modification that Jeremy goes over to ensure a perfect result is incredible. Others may be like this too, I don't know, but from all the tuners I spoke to over time here is my bet and he’s coming to CANADA!

This is not a VS thing. Another thing to keep in mind is there are several different tunes and tuners that do wonderful work. Some buy their tunes and resell, some modify existing tunes and sell, some develop based on AMG factory tunes and sell and a few other options.

Each will result in a gain in power. If one tuner creates a 10.5-second Tune only car, that does not mean I would buy that tune, over an 11.9-second tune only car. One thing that really helped me with my decision to go with OeTuning is their consideration for keeping the timing and fuel and other aspects of a tune within safe parameters, to maintain the longevity of the car, safety of the car but yet optimizing the power. It is very easy to get a crazy amount of power from a tune by trading off other variables that can be detrimental to your vehicle, sometimes immediately and sometimes over a period of time. But it is not easy to create power safely especially for tune only car, because you do not have supporting mods for the increased parameters if you choose to go beyond a certain threshold.

Tuning companies who develop/tweak their own, can cater more specifically to the individual needs of a person and that is one of the benefits of having OETUNING IN CANADA!

This is a opportunity for Toronto and Surrounding areas to get Jeremy to personally tune their vehicles on a dyno so you are getting a tune catered to your vehicle exactly or also box tune available, your choice. There is no need to send your ECU or leave your car anywhere. This is done while you wait.

Jeremy is taking time away from his shop, rescheduling and canceling work, covering his flight, hotel rentals etc. and giving us a opportunity to cash in on a fantastic highly sought after product that achieves great results safely.

One huge benefit I find is Jeremey offers his EZFlash, which basically allows you to plug into your obdII any time you wish and toggle between your factory tune and the OEtuning jeremy tune. This is amazing for sm many reasons one being if you choose to have a really aggresive tune but want to drive your vehicle in comfort daily. Another not worrying about your warranty or getting re flashed when you take your vehicle in for service. There are alot of advantages. So who's on board???
YES:
1.AMGV855
2.LEBREEZE
3.S.BSL55

MAYBE:
1.MUSKOKAAMG
2.RJEEZY
Old 02-11-2011, 02:34 PM

2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator

YES:
1.AMGV855
2.LEBREEZE
3.S.BSL55

MAYBE:
1.MUSKOKAAMG
2.RJEEZY
How much does the EZflash option cost? Alos let's say the dealer resets your ECU, would the OEtune still be there? That would be my concern, and warranty of course but that engine is bullet proof.

In Montreal so I'd prefer mailing in my ECU than driving 6 hours to TO! The EZ flash option might be the selling point for me.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by chief63
How much does the EZflash option cost? Alos let's say the dealer resets your ECU, would the OEtune still be there? That would be my concern, and warranty of course but that engine is bullet proof.

In Montreal so I'd prefer mailing in my ECU than driving 6 hours to TO! The EZ flash option might be the selling point for me.
I believe the ecu needs to be opened up and something installed to work with that ezflash. So either way I think you need to initially send it out
Old 02-11-2011, 03:13 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chief63

Hey my friend, I believe if I am not mistake the EzFlash is either 3 or 4 hundred dollars, I will cofirm and get back to you.

If for example the dealers resets your Ecu, the tune will not be there because resetting is like reinstalling to the original state. That goes for any tuner.

However I am pretty sure you could just plug in the OBdII ezflash and have your OEtune running again! The C63 engines are quite bulletproof, you gotta love them. Another benefit of the EzFlash is that you could plug in to your obdII port and switch to the factory ecu settings( or "reset" ) so when your vehicle goes in for service it will be completely stock there is no worry of the dealer finding your vehicle has been tuned and voiding your warranty, which is slim to none anyway and nearly impossible. but no one will abuse you new found power, mechanics, girl friend(s), wife, brother, if you ever lend or share your car. Why not take the extra precaution. The Ecu does have to be accessed once by Jeremy and from then on its all obdII. No matter what tuner you decide to go with your Ecu will have to be accessed, the perk with Ezflash is you dont have to keep sending the Ecu out, if you decided to do more modifications and wanted a updated tune, im pretty sure you could have new tune files emailed to you and loaded onto the Ezflash, that accomodates your mods. No worrying about your ECU in the mail!

C'mon make the drive down, it will be good times.
I can understand I wouldnt want to put my beast through that either. But the drive back would be mighty fun

Last edited by AMGV855; 02-11-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: add information
Old 02-12-2011, 02:15 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by xtyper
My car is only OE Tune with K&N filters and charcoal deletes, and I will be attending the Famoso Raceway event on 2/19. Although I won't have any drag radials or skinnies, I'm still hoping to well represent Jeremy's abilities with an 11.8 or better. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

If I can pull off a good pass with that setup, I will swap the charcoals and stock filters back in to hopefully match it with a true "Tune only" setup.

Hey there, I would really appreciate if you could keep us posted with some results. I am quite interested to see the outcome. HAVE FUN!!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
If the ecu is opened and the "extra device" that is installed is found by a dealer wouldn't that be a void of warranty

Hey my friend, I believe if I am not mistake the EzFlash is either 3 or 4 hundred dollars, I will cofirm and get back to you.

If for example the dealers resets your Ecu, the tune will not be there because resetting is like reinstalling to the original state. That goes for any tuner.

However I am pretty sure you could just plug in the OBdII ezflash and have your OEtune running again! The C63 engines are quite bulletproof, you gotta love them. Another benefit of the EzFlash is that you could plug in to your obdII port and switch to the factory ecu settings( or "reset" ) so when your vehicle goes in for service it will be completely stock there is no worry of the dealer finding your vehicle has been tuned and voiding your warranty, which is slim to none anyway and nearly impossible. but no one will abuse you new found power, mechanics, girl friend(s), wife, brother, if you ever lend or share your car. Why not take the extra precaution. The Ecu does have to be accessed once by Jeremy and from then on its all obdII. No matter what tuner you decide to go with your Ecu will have to be accessed, the perk with Ezflash is you dont have to keep sending the Ecu out, if you decided to do more modifications and wanted a updated tune, im pretty sure you could have new tune files emailed to you and loaded onto the Ezflash, that accomodates your mods. No worrying about your ECU in the mail!

C'mon make the drive down, it will be good times.
I can understand I wouldnt want to put my beast through that either. But the drive back would be mighty fun
Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 PM

E55 AMG
If the ecu is opened and the "extra device" that is installed is found by a dealer wouldn't that be a void of warranty
That is a very good question. I will try and get someone from OeTuning to chime in. I would assume any modification to the vehicle that is discoverd by the dealer would void warranty.

Some are secretive with thier mods, some know service advisors very well and get away with it.

Under what circumstances would the Ecu be opened by the dealer out of curiosity?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
That is a very good question. I will try and get someone from OeTuning to chime in. I would assume any modification to the vehicle that is discoverd by the dealer would void warranty.

Some are secretive with thier mods, some know service advisors very well and get away with it.

Under what circumstances would the Ecu be opened by the dealer out of curiosity?
I have no idea! But it seems like this switching to stock tune is used as a selling tune to not lose your warranty..

Fact of the matter is if warranty is your big concern you should never modify any part of your car especially the computer that controls basically every function of your car?

99% of the time I'm sure your safe but with my luck I'd be the 1% that got screwed. When i modify my car I always say to myself that's the end of the warranty. If I blow the motor or tranny and they cover it great if not...

Whatever any tuner says the dealer can do what the want if the SA is your best friend and the inspector doesn't no him or whatever your still screwed
Old 02-12-2011, 09:07 PM

E55 AMG
I have no idea! But it seems like this switching to stock tune is used as a selling tune to not lose your warranty..

Fact of the matter is if warranty is your big concern you should never modify any part of your car especially the computer that controls basically every function of your car?

99% of the time I'm sure your safe but with my luck I'd be the 1% that got screwed. When i modify my car I always say to myself that's the end of the warranty. If I blow the motor or tranny and they cover it great if not...

Whatever any tuner says the dealer can do what the want if the SA is your best friend and the inspector doesn't no him or whatever your still screwed

This is my perspective. I will try and ask someone from Oetuning to chime in.

It is a selling point, not to maintain warranty. That is not "THE" reason to go this route, but it is a perk that is beneficial in several ways mentioned prior to this post, at least I think so and somewhat preventitive/comforting(in regards to warranty) if you choose to have a tune . If they open your Ecu,they open your ECU. But if they don't at least you have the comfort of knowing that your vehicle has the factory files loaded on it while getting serviced and as soon as you get your car back, you plug, flash and your'e in a whole new beast.

Like you said, you have no idea when they would ever open the ECU and 99% chance they won't. With my luck im probably with you and part of the 1% to get screwed as well...lol
Look how many people take that chance however and have their ECU tuned anyways almost everyone and their dog, including you and I and we believe we are part of the 1% to get screwed.
So it is deffinetly a well worth it modification

I agree with you about modding a vehicle but in ANY way, you should take into consideration the possible voiding of warranty its always better to expect the worse, just in case. The members who are interested in my thread, want to get a tune and I am sure they are aware of the slim to none chance of voiding of warranty.

Either you have a tune programmed to your ECU with no ability to switch or a option to switch between tunes and the OEM files at your convinience, why not choose the latter? The ezflash has its advantages and dare I say, maybe lessons the chance of your tune being discovered because, there is no tune to be discoverd, you cleverly switched to the factory files prior to getting your vehicle serviced, so your warranty can't be voided.
The various perks of EZflash are great whether or not one of them is to help keep your warranty.
One that I failed to mention earlier is if you have a really aggressive tune, you could fail your smog/emissions testing.
The solution Ezflash, switch to Factory settings test vehicle and pass!.

So WHOS GETTING TUNED?
Old 02-12-2011, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
I run LT headers, so I'm never switching back to a stock file. It would be nice to switch to a race gas file though.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Hey there, I would really appreciate if you could keep us posted with some results. I am quite interested to see the outcome. HAVE FUN!!
Definitely will, no matter what the results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OETUNING IN CANADA