OETUNING IN CANADA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Even Money
I run LT headers, so I'm never switching back to a stock file. It would be nice to switch to a race gas file though.
Not sure but; I think the ecu swap is better!!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by AMGV855
Please do not turn this thread into an argument my friends. I completely agree in regards to calling the tuners and getting a feel for the work they do. I took my time before dedicating my decision to go with OeTuning.

I am not saying some others do not, but from the extensive time I dedicated to researching who would best suit my needs and I would feel most comfortable with the result was Jeremy of OETuning. It may be different for you.

The amount of countless hours that Jeremy puts into his work to improve every aspect and variable is insane, especially given that his tunes are fantastic as is. I don’t know when he sleeps, he stays up all hours to help tune vehicles all over the world in different time zones. He does not keep selling a single generic tune over and over or wait for a better/comparable tune to be released by a competitor and than decide to come up with something to keep up, he constantly dedicates his time and skill to optimize his work and really cares about what the end user is receiving. I feel like it is a personal achievement thing for him. His life revolves around tunes only and that’s his specialty. Not development of camshafts and headers or other performance oriented parts. The extent of map modification that Jeremy goes over to ensure a perfect result is incredible. Others may be like this too, I don't know, but from all the tuners I spoke to over time here is my bet and he’s coming to CANADA!

This is not a VS thing. Another thing to keep in mind is there are several different tunes and tuners that do wonderful work. Some buy their tunes and resell, some modify existing tunes and sell, some develop based on AMG factory tunes and sell and a few other options.

Each will result in a gain in power. If one tuner creates a 10.5-second Tune only car, that does not mean I would buy that tune, over an 11.9-second tune only car. One thing that really helped me with my decision to go with OeTuning is their consideration for keeping the timing and fuel and other aspects of a tune within safe parameters, to maintain the longevity of the car, safety of the car but yet optimizing the power. It is very easy to get a crazy amount of power from a tune by trading off other variables that can be detrimental to your vehicle, sometimes immediately and sometimes over a period of time. But it is not easy to create power safely especially for tune only car, because you do not have supporting mods for the increased parameters if you choose to go beyond a certain threshold.

Tuning companies who develop/tweak their own, can cater more specifically to the individual needs of a person and that is one of the benefits of having OETUNING IN CANADA!

This is a opportunity for Toronto and Surrounding areas to get Jeremy to personally tune their vehicles on a dyno so you are getting a tune catered to your vehicle exactly or also box tune available, your choice. There is no need to send your ECU or leave your car anywhere. This is done while you wait.

Jeremy is taking time away from his shop, rescheduling and canceling work, covering his flight, hotel rentals etc. and giving us a opportunity to cash in on a fantastic highly sought after product that achieves great results safely.

One huge benefit I find is Jeremey offers his EZFlash, which basically allows you to plug into your obdII any time you wish and toggle between your factory tune and the OEtuning jeremy tune. This is amazing for sm many reasons one being if you choose to have a really aggresive tune but want to drive your vehicle in comfort daily. Another not worrying about your warranty or getting re flashed when you take your vehicle in for service. There are alot of advantages. So who's on board???
OETUNING SAFE: YES
OETUNING RELIABLE: YES
OETUNING STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT : YES
OETUNING DEVELOP IN HOUSE: YES
OETUNING (Jeremy) OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE: YES
OETUNING EQUAL AMAZING GAINS: YES
OETUNING COMING TO CANADA: YES
JEREMY OF OETUNING UNLEASHING YOUR VEHICLES POWER:
YES:
1.AMGV855
2.LEBREEZE
3.S.BSL55

MAYBE:
1.MUSKOKAAMG
2.RJEEZY
Not for nothing, but this is alittle over the top. Tuning is not some god given talent. Given Acces to a DAMOS file, the right Tuning SW and tools, and basic tuning concepts anybody can learn to tune a car with little effort. Sure experience helps make one more proficient, but still. Just sounds like you are trying to sell this alittle too hard.

People well know the players in this game. If people are interested, they will come..no need for the hard sell. Good luck with getting it together. Need more fast MB's running around in TO.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 AMG
I run LT headers, so I'm never switching back to a stock file. It would be nice to switch to a race gas file though.
Nice, I don't blame you. That would be nice. Would you ever consider a OEtune?
What other mods if you dont mind me asking?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Nice, I don't blame you. That would be nice. Would you ever consider a OEtune?
What other mods if you dont mind me asking?
I'm happy with MHP. I'd consider just about anyting for my car, if it was safe and effective.

Just the MHP tune and headers, foam filters, and quaife are the primary mods. I've got some other surprises in store, hopefully, when the track opens in April...
Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
Not for nothing, but this is alittle over the top. Tuning is not some god given talent. Given Acces to a DAMOS file, the right Tuning SW and tools, and basic tuning concepts anybody can learn to tune a car with little effort. Sure experience helps make one more proficient, but still. Just sounds like you are trying to sell this alittle too hard.

People well know the players in this game. If people are interested, they will come..no need for the hard sell. Good luck with getting it together. Need more fast MB's running around in TO.

You are absolutely right, Oetuning sells itself. I don't get anything out of it either way. I am just stating what I feel. If it seems "over the top" that just goes to show how highly I think of the tuner. It is not a sales pitch and not a hard sell although after re-reading it, I can see why you or anyone for that matter, could think that. Sometimes when writing I get carried away expressing what I feel and trying to get others to see/understand the same.
It is merely my perspective of Jeremy himself and his dedication to his work and that is where most my emphasis is. Most people are aware of OEtuning and the other players Tunes like you said, but are not aware of the acutual Tuner and what they put forth other than the final result and thats more so what my little over the top rant was about. I wanted it to be out there as a variable when considering getting a tune. Whether or not anyone could learn to tune a car with little effort, I don't know?? .
I would love to learn someday. Thank you for wishing me luck with getting it together, I appreciate it, that is kind of you. As for more fast MB's running around Toronto, I think we would be hardpressed to get as fast as you.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:51 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by xtyper
Definitely will, no matter what the results.
Thanks my friend, I will be waiting impatiently
Old 02-12-2011, 11:57 PM

E55 AMG
I'm happy with MHP. I'd consider just about anyting for my car, if it was safe and effective.

Just the MHP tune and headers, foam filters, and quaife are the primary mods. I've got some other surprises in store, hopefully, when the track opens in April...
Sweet, that's one fly ride. Surprises hmmm. I will try to follow. Your'e getting me excited about your car...lol
Impressions when you first got the quaife ??
Old 02-13-2011, 03:11 PM

2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
Hey my friend, I believe if I am not mistake the EzFlash is either 3 or 4 hundred dollars, I will cofirm and get back to you.

If for example the dealers resets your Ecu, the tune will not be there because resetting is like reinstalling to the original state. That goes for any tuner.

However I am pretty sure you could just plug in the OBdII ezflash and have your OEtune running again! The C63 engines are quite bulletproof, you gotta love them. Another benefit of the EzFlash is that you could plug in to your obdII port and switch to the factory ecu settings( or "reset" ) so when your vehicle goes in for service it will be completely stock there is no worry of the dealer finding your vehicle has been tuned and voiding your warranty, which is slim to none anyway and nearly impossible. but no one will abuse you new found power, mechanics, girl friend(s), wife, brother, if you ever lend or share your car. Why not take the extra precaution. The Ecu does have to be accessed once by Jeremy and from then on its all obdII. No matter what tuner you decide to go with your Ecu will have to be accessed, the perk with Ezflash is you dont have to keep sending the Ecu out, if you decided to do more modifications and wanted a updated tune, im pretty sure you could have new tune files emailed to you and loaded onto the Ezflash, that accomodates your mods. No worrying about your ECU in the mail!

C'mon make the drive down, it will be good times.
I can understand I wouldnt want to put my beast through that either. But the drive back would be mighty fun
I'm considering a few options. I know the drive to TO from MTL, a lot of cops, and the road is as boring as it gets. I'll probably mail it in, whatever option I go with. thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Sweet, that's one fly ride. Surprises hmmm. I will try to follow. Your'e getting me excited about your car...lol
Impressions when you first got the quaife ??
Thanks! The quaife has been great, no problems at all for about 15K miles. Car feels more planted under accel and definitely in the curves. It also makes for some nice burnouts at the strip!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:39 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chief63
I'm considering a few options. I know the drive to TO from MTL, a lot of cops, and the road is as boring as it gets. I'll probably mail it in, whatever option I go with. thanks!
I know what you mean, the last thing you want now days, especially in Canada is insurance rates on the rise! let alone the headaches from it all. As for the roads being boring, I don't know. I love any long drive other than rough roads, potholes etc. Hey no matter what you decide, keep me posted I'd love to hear/see the results

We need our own Timmayfest here in Canada, or something along the lines to get all of us together for some good times.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 PM

E55 AMG
Thanks! The quaife has been great, no problems at all for about 15K miles. Car feels more planted under accel and definitely in the curves. It also makes for some nice burnouts at the strip!
You make it sound so tempting, I have to digest some of the up comming mods first. I do however believe that the quaife will be coming soon, hopefully. I can only imagine how nicely your car is planted.

OE TUNING ANYONE?
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Can all specific questions please be forwarded to sales@oetuning.com . For more information and prices, please call the shop on 818-574-5075.
Thanks.
Can't wait to get back to Canada!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:15 PM

E55 AMG
Haven't been as excited like I am for a long time.
I can't wait for Oetuning to come to Canada!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:47 PM

E55 AMG
OETUNING IN CANADA

As many of you know, I have been extremely excited and eagerly waiting to have my vehicle Tuned by Jeremy of OE TUNING.

...And finally OETUNING will be in Toronto, Ontario (Canada) around the second week of May 2011.

A Dyno Facility with a Mustang Dynamometer in the Greater Toronto Area has also been contacted and a fantastic rate arranged for this event.

The Dyno operator is
a Professional Mechanical engineer with years of experience in data analysis. Each vehicle is dynamically calibrated to the dyno before any power measurements are taken.

Also the shops Custom exhaust system with close-fitting, metal adapters keeps the shop free of exhaust fumes and allows the vehicle to be worked on continuously to give you the best value for your dyno time.

If anyone has any interest in Dyno testing, Dyno tuning by Jeremy of OETuning or even Flash tuning please post your interest and/or questions and I am sure someone from OETUNING will shortly reply and fill you in further.

AMGV855
Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
By second week, will he be in on the weekend of the 7th/8th, or the 14th/15th?

Also, any pricing details?
Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
By second week, will he be in on the weekend of the 7th/8th, or the 14th/15th?

Also, any pricing details?
ditto on the pricing, whats the damage? Thinking about waiting til Christmas again, I think thats when you get the most bang for your buck with tuning.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 991s, 2015 macan turbo, 2018 c63s
If they run the special again. I'm in!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:41 PM

E55 AMG
It has been very difficult to accommodate both Jeremy's hectic schedule and the requests of local MB owners.

OETUNING has been overwhelmed with their local tuning requests, that sadly as much as both Jeremy and I really wanted to make it happen, it just did not make sense.

However if 10 or more vehicles were interested in getting any type of tune, it would be feasible for Jeremy to make a trip, allowing the C63 owners to participate.

I still wanted Jeremy to tune my vehicle (E55) and one solution that was brought to my attention was the use of remote tuning, which would allow Oetuning to access my vehicle via internet connection and custom tailor a tune just as if he was here.

I thought I would extend the opportunity to others who are interested, considering I have gone through the trouble of arranging to have equipment sent to me and a Dyno Facility with a Mustang Dynamometer in the Greater Toronto Area has also been contacted and a fantastic rate arranged for those interested.

If anyone has any interest in Dyno testing, Dyno tuning by Jeremy of OETuning or even Flash tuning please post your interest and/or questions

If you would like to do remote tuning, you would need to have a vehicle that is compatible via flash, such as E55, S/SL/CL 600/65. Any vehicles up to year model 2007 can be supported, after that they would need to access via BDM.

The vast majority of initial interest was risen from the C63 owners and it is unfortunate that they require access via BDM.

C63 owners, you are more than welcome to take advantage of the Dyno rates to test what power you currently have.

Hopefully we can get 10+ people so we can get you C63's tuned.