C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

8 Months in -- help required!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
8 Months in -- help required!

Alrite, so let me start off by saying, 8 months in and the 6.3L beast of the road is absolutely incredible. This is my first European "sports-car" and it has lived up to all the hype in every way. I've driven friends M3's before and lets say that I have never wanted to since I sat in my own Merc.

Now the bad side. I garaged the monster for the last 5 months as winters in Canada are pretty horrible as many of you can imagine. Also with the fact that I have a security guarded heated parking garage at my work it made sense for me to keep my winter beater to avoid any unnecessary roughage on my ride.

So whats the bad side? I get in my car this week as we finally got a day +5C and I figured what better time to give the car a wash and take it for a spin. Excited to listen to some Shade 45 all I see is "Serius Preview". WHAT THE ****?! Alrite, so I figure ill come on here and find out about it later. A few minutes later the check oil at next fill up comes on! WHAT THE ****?! again. LOL. Are you kidding, I haven't driven it for 6 months and I guess summer prep has already begun.

Now to the "help required" part, 2 questions for you folks:

- Is the Serius Satellite Radio a limited service in Canada?!

- How do I know how much oil I need to add to top this bad boy up and what type of oil is best to use?

Old 02-21-2011, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by rjeezy
Alrite, so let me start off by saying, 8 months in and the 6.3L beast of the road is absolutely incredible. This is my first European "sports-car" and it has lived up to all the hype in every way. I've driven friends M3's before and lets say that I have never wanted to since I sat in my own Merc.

Now the bad side. I garaged the monster for the last 5 months as winters in Canada are pretty horrible as many of you can imagine. Also with the fact that I have a security guarded heated parking garage at my work it made sense for me to keep my winter beater to avoid any unnecessary roughage on my ride.

So whats the bad side? I get in my car this week as we finally got a day +5C and I figured what better time to give the car a wash and take it for a spin. Excited to listen to some Shade 45 all I see is "Serius Preview". WHAT THE ****?! Alrite, so I figure ill come on here and find out about it later. A few minutes later the check oil at next fill up comes on! WHAT THE ****?! again. LOL. Are you kidding, I haven't driven it for 6 months and I guess summer prep has already begun.

- How do I know how much oil I need to add to top this bad boy up and what type of oil is best to use?

Our cars come with a trial subscription to sirus for 6 months. That's why your car is now displaying "sirus preview"

The dipstick is your bestfriend. Most likely another quart, but try half a quart first and check the dipstick. Use Mobil 1 0w-40
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM

2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S

1. On my ML the Serius Satellite Radio comes with it. On my C63 it doesn't.

2. Take it to the dealer to get the display to reset. Your oil is fine just that the computer thinks you have passed XXX amount of days.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM

Slow
You seriously don't know how to check the oil
Old 02-21-2011, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
For the first little while, it is not uncommon to add a litre of oil in between oil changes, this is common with the 6.2, after about 15k, it should settle on its own, I had to add twice in the beginning. As fas as the Serius, I believe you only have it for 6mnths.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon

As already mentioned, your car sat stationary during your 6 month Sirius trial. Now you have to pay for the service (which is 100% worth it if you drive a lot, have poor FM reception or make long drives). Since it's already installed, all you have to do is call Sirius and figure out which subscription you want. I pay a year at a time and after having it for 5yrs, I won't go w/out it ever again.

Seriously???
Old 02-21-2011, 11:48 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Our cars come with a trial subscription to sirus for 6 months. That's why your car is now displaying "sirus preview"

The dipstick is your bestfriend. Most likely another quart, but try half a quart first and check the dipstick. Use Mobil 1 0w-40
Thanks for the help Jeff!

Originally Posted by gonzales25
You seriously don't know how to check the oil
LOL! I know how to check it, dont know how much I would need to top up. Or what is the best brand. I drove a RAV4 for 10 years, give me a break.

Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
As already mentioned, your car sat stationary during your 6 month Sirius trial. Now you have to pay for the service (which is 100% worth it if you drive a lot, have poor FM reception or make long drives). Since it's already installed, all you have to do is call Sirius and figure out which subscription you want. I pay a year at a time and after having it for 5yrs, I won't go w/out it ever again.
Definitely agree as far as the value of satellite radio, just find it frustrating that my girlfriends camry came with XM free for a lifetime and I spend the money on a C63 and get a 6 month trial. Lol. Brutal

Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Seriously???
I can check my own oil! LOL. Just confused as to what type to top up with and how much.

Thank you all for your advice and info!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Definitely agree as far as the value of satellite radio, just find it frustrating that my girlfriends camry came with XM free for a lifetime and I spend the money on a C63 and get a 6 month trial. Lol. Brutal
How about this? I paid for lifetime subscription of XM radio for my last car. I thought it was a good idea because the subscription is transferable to 2 or 3 cars (can't remember exactly).

I sold that car, purchased the C63 and learned that it is wired for Sirius. Great

So, I think, no biggy, I'll just buy the XM radio at Walmart and then have the subscription transferred over, but then I would have an exposed tuner and I think I would have to mount the new antenna.

So, I asked Sirius for a free six month subscription. They gave it to me and I'm enjoying it. But it will be running out soon. So, I'll either have to get the XM installed and I don't really want to do that, or I can pay for Sirius.

Not sure what I'll do at this point.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Check the dipstick and see how much you need to fill up. Use eithe 0W-40 or 5W-40 (Mobil 1 or MOTUL, pretty much oil that is MB 229.5 approved)
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
I suggest that you get the oil nice and hot, then shut her off, and take a reading.
You might need to add a 1/4 qt to a full 1 qt it depends. As far as Sirius your free trail service has expired. You need to subscribe to continue your service.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:31 AM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ED1 e63S
I have 4,600 miles on my car and have been low on oil twice so far. These cars just burn oil in the first 10-15k. I made the dealer give me a quart so I wouldn't have to keep bringing it.