Sponsored by:

*SIGH* another ticket.... or 3.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
where in Jersey did you get pulled over?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
where in Jersey did you get pulled over?
Bedminster
Old 03-13-2011, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by drawde
It went off, but like I said I didn't think I was doing anything wrong so I didn't think too much of it but in hindsight I probably should've slowed down anyway. Lesson learned.

Blacked out tints always **** off the cops. Probably why you get messed with a lot. Also no front plate? Come on man, your askin to be Fed with.

Sucks, sorry dude.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by propain
Blacked out tints always **** off the cops. Probably why you get messed with a lot. Also no front plate? Come on man, your askin to be Fed with.

Sucks, sorry dude.
Yeah, I always said I'd go back to legal if I get got caught.. Been running tints for nearly 2 years, no plate for a little over a year, both without issue until now. Might consider going back, but I haven't checked how much the tickets were yet..
Old 03-13-2011, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
I thought about handling this on my own, but in the end I'd rather pay a little more and better my chances. I'll probably find a lawyer near work and try to get something worked out.

The plus side with hiring a lawyer is that they will postpone it for as long as possible and you won't ever have to show up in court. You will be informed of your plea deal by your lawyer and that's it. $$ talks, everyone else gets the . lol
Old 03-13-2011, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Sorry to hear about your tickets drawde! You must be paying insurance out of your nose with all the tickets though.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Haven't gone thur the thread but I did have a bad past with NJ troopers and if u need a good Lier I got someone that saved me more then once from 4or more tickets at a time. (hw racing reckless ect..) send me s pm if u need him.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
lol I knew this was coming, the model citizen that does no wrong and never drives above the speed limit. I am upset, and you're right, mostly at myself. I'm not complaining, just ranting publicly. Thanks for the input though.
Oh come on, I'm far from a model citizen, and I speed all the time (in Mexico). However, discretion is key...you had points on the license, illegal tint, no front plate, and 16 over WITH the radar detector blaring?? Could you have done more things wrong? Sorry bro, no sympathy.

Fix your car and tone down your speeding. It's cheaper this way.

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 03-14-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:34 AM

c200k
lol i'll give you that one.. "I don't need a criminal lawyer, i need a CRIMINAL lawyer."
Old 03-14-2011, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Jeffield
Here is a better question!

How much are you guys paying for the lawyer per ticket?
My recent ticket was for crossing a double yellow line and no front plates, it was a $441 ticket.
Im paying my lawyer $400.

Last edited by _AMG_; 03-14-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:34 AM

c200k
Look for around the cost of the ticket to around what a three year insurance increase would be. It depends on the lawyer and I would get the best I can afford.

Additionally, some states have a three moving violation suspension. The actual law in some states says that if you are issued three moving violations, it's automatic suspension, even if there is no conviction at the time of the third (usually 6 months or 18 months are the designations). Sometimes it takes time to catch up, however...

So factor that in. The judge (or the DMV when the process the points) can still turn around and suspend your license, even with a plea to a lower charge (sometimes they deal to a 1 point moving violation), depending on how much of an ******* you are.

Last edited by sknight; 03-14-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Jeffield
Here is a better question!

How much are you guys paying for the lawyer per ticket?
$250/appearance, but I will say he has saved my *** on numerous occasions... Including a 110 in a 55 which was surprisingly the easiest to get rid of.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 AM

c200k
What state and were you arrested?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Yeah, I always said I'd go back to legal if I get got caught.. Been running tints for nearly 2 years, no plate for a little over a year, both without issue until now. Might consider going back, but I haven't checked how much the tickets were yet..

I thought about not doing the front plate. My biggest fear was having 1 glass of wine at dinner and then getting pulled over for it.

Never give them a reason.. Get it fixed and good luck with the tickets.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I'm not exactly the poster boy for a clean driving record (well I am now, for the last 5 or so years). Prior to that.. I was 1 point (any moving violation as well) from losing my license for 90 days and spending 10 days in jail... After that.. I decided it was time to act like a grown up.

Don't get me wrong.. I have still been pulled over for speeding occasionally (MD, DC and VA), but the last 3 times, all I got was a friendly warning to slow down.. and one of those was doing 40 miles over the limit somewhere in DC around midnight.. not racing.. just a nice tunnel (395.. yes I know where the camera is too) to let the engine roar in

No tint, no other violations, and I was honest and nice to the officer, who could have thrown my *** in jail and taken my car...

Moral of the story.. don't get caught, if you do.. don't **** off the person who has the power to make your life hell..

Also.. really, no front plate, that is a primary offense in many states (at least the 3 I mentioned earlier), not having one is just asking to be pulled over. Most of the people I know with illegal tints have not been bothered about them.. unless they antagonized the officer.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:37 PM

c200k
Moral of the story.. don't get caught, if you do.. don't **** off the person who has the power to make your life hell..
And don't act pissed and surprised when you do get picked up, unless you're pissed at yourself...

And yeah, the only time I've seen people get illegal tint tickets was when they acted like a bigshot with the cop.

In the last 14 years, since I said it wasn't worth it, I only got one ticket, and that was in Germany in 2008, by a speeding cam that got me for...1kmh above the limit. I paid my 5 euro fine right away and thanked the system for not doing such things as asking for me to disclose my identity so they can assess points (if you pay on a low level speeding offense within a week of receiving it, you don't have to declare the driver and the ticket doesn't get applied to a license).

On the other hand, I drive the Autobahn, and it's a tremendous responsibility to do these speeds, not something fun, to be honest.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
I'm not exactly the poster boy for a clean driving record (well I am now, for the last 5 or so years). Prior to that.. I was 1 point (any moving violation as well) from losing my license for 90 days and spending 10 days in jail... After that.. I decided it was time to act like a grown up.

Don't get me wrong.. I have still been pulled over for speeding occasionally (MD, DC and VA), but the last 3 times, all I got was a friendly warning to slow down.. and one of those was doing 40 miles over the limit somewhere in DC around midnight.. not racing.. just a nice tunnel (395.. yes I know where the camera is too) to let the engine roar in

No tint, no other violations, and I was honest and nice to the officer, who could have thrown my *** in jail and taken my car...

Also.. really, no front plate, that is a primary offense in many states (at least the 3 I mentioned earlier), not having one is just asking to be pulled over. Most of the people I know with illegal tints have not been bothered about them.. unless they antagonized the officer.
+1 totally agree. i wasn't an ******* to the cop at all, very professional and courteous, "yes sir", "no sir", and very polite.. Didn't see him as the joking the type or I would've tried to feed off it if I could've..

Around where I live (and do most of my driving aside from work commute) could care less about front plates or tints, i've sat at stop signs by cops and no one cares, drive by them on a regular basis, etc. I know they don't care, that's why I do it there. you can't drive down the block without seeing another car with tints.

The problem is that on my commute to work I pass through a lot of small towns/townships that aren't very busy and honestly I don't think they have anything better to do aside from traffic tickets.

I guess long story short, if I want to be stubborn and keep the plate off and tints on, I'll do that, but take another car to work.

Last edited by drawde; 03-14-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:16 PM

c200k
+1 totally agree. i wasn't an ******* to the cop at all, very professional and courteous, "yes sir", "no sir", and very polite.. Didn't see him as the joking the type or I would've tried to feed off it if I could've..

Around where I live (and do most of my driving aside from work commute) could care less about front plates or tints, i've sat at stop signs by cops and no one cares, drive by them on a regular basis, etc. I know they don't care, that's why I do it there. you can't drive down the block without seeing another car with tints.

The problem is that on my commute to work I pass through a lot of small towns/townships that aren't very busy and honestly I don't think they have anything better to do aside from traffic tickets.

I guess long story short, if I want to be stubborn and keep the plate off and tints on, I'll do that, but take another car to work.
You're mixing up lack of enforcement with lack of a law and in fact, making it more obvious that there was something the cop didn't like about you. I've spent my whole life out nearby. Never had an issue with a NJ cop because my front plate was always on and I didn't have illegal tints and ALWAYS stayed around the limit there, especially around Fort Lee. There was one area, which I can't remember, on the way to Mountain Creek, which ALWAYS had awful cops running around, but I never got pinched. Small towns and small town cops.

Everything else you said is 100% true- that is their job- to write tickets when someone doesn't have a front plate displayed, has illegal tints, and is blatantly speeding. Now I'm not going to make a "Shore" type statement, but I do have an image in my head of what the Jersey cops look for, and it's tanned with lots of spikes. With that comes the attitude.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Fair enough. I'm not saying because they don't care that it's not illegal. I'm just saying they don't care enough to pull me over JUST for no plate and tints. If I'm speeding on top of that, that's my own problem and I'll be the first one to beat myself up, but you, or anyone willing to listen, may get an earfull anyway, lol.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 PM

c200k
Well, you still have to call Saul, bro. TRUST ME. NJ is filled with Sauls.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by sknight
Well, you still have to call Saul, bro. TRUST ME. NJ is filled with Sauls.
I've contacted a few lawyers near where I work, asking for $400-600 not including legal fees. $400 maybe, but $600? That's not including court fees. I think I'm being played for a fool.. Or is this reasonable? Still shopping around tho, emailing back and forth with a few firms..

Last edited by drawde; 03-14-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM

c200k
That's less than what I imagined for the tri-state area. On Long Island, 1,000 is not unheard of, and also depends on how bad the record is. The worse your driving record is, conviction or not, the harder it gets and the more the lawyer is going to look for an easy plea for profit. Also, the judge not only gets what you've been convicted of on a plea, but the original charge, and in some municipalities, they will get an old school printout (at a certain court on LI, it was on those old school printers), which shows the info on what you were pulled over for, even let out just for warning. They typically won't show it to you, and they absolutely will not let you have it, but if you get to chat with the DA, they may let you look it over and it shows all the times the plate and the license were run through and what grounds were entered by the cops, so they establish your behavior from there.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Kinda OT but when cops pull the record in their car, do they see everything? Or does it only go back X years? Someone told me stuff more than 3 years don't show up.

I'm only asking because I kinda felt for a minute that he was gonna let me go (or at least with ONLY the tint/plate tickets) until he asked if I had any points, and I told him that I had 2.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:01 PM

c200k
EVERYTHING. I know that for a fact. Insurance is 3 years, but I think they made it 39 months. I'm sure they see everything, but as a rule, they only factor for 39 months. Their computers hook up through different bureaus, but they can dig deep enough to see what they want, from arrests, warrants, past incarcerations/offenses, driving records. Now, who knows, but I knew they were able back in certain counties of NY, to see what was up and then they linked the tri-state computers up around 1996 or so, if not earlier. Then there was a bigger problem for everyone because then out of state began showing up.

He can definitely see if you had points, unless the computer was down. However, they also like to see if people are lying or would lie to them...
Old 03-14-2011, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
I guess I'm not understanding why you'd want to continue risking getting pulled over for tint, no front plate and (probably) speeding when it costs you all this money? You're sweating $600, plus points on your license, and STILL thinking about leaving the plate off and the tint on...and driving another car? LOL Tint & no front plate is that important to you? It's a matter of when, not if, you get yet another ticket for this stuff and have to pay again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *SIGH* another ticket.... or 3.