Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*SIGH* another ticket.... or 3.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200k
Most likely he can get out of part of the three bundle by going to a repair shop or a body shop, having the tints removed(bringing before and after pics), and also showing the front plate reinstalled, with a bill for both. the courts will take this as a "good faith effort" to rectify the equipment portion. It at least gives you a lot more than nothing going in.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
It sucks in NJ. Last year heading to the drag strip right after I payed the toll. Taking off normally a cop pulled me over for speeding. Where the speed was never on radar. I couldve fought it but since I'm not registered in NJ I just payed the fine-no points. BTW I have front plates and very light tint.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
I guess I'm not understanding why you'd want to continue risking getting pulled over for tint, no front plate and (probably) speeding when it costs you all this money? You're sweating $600, plus points on your license, and STILL thinking about leaving the plate off and the tint on...and driving another car? LOL Tint & no front plate is that important to you? It's a matter of when, not if, you get yet another ticket for this stuff and have to pay again.
You're right, you're not understanding. That's the way I like it. It's tints and no front tag, not murder. If I have to pay a little bit here or there for something I like, why not. If it becomes that much of a hassle later on, I'll fix it. But right now I'm good.

Driving another car isn't a bad idea. I won't be (and haven't been) driving too spiritedly lately so any other car will suffice.. Better gas mileage, and less mileage on this car. Less fun, maybe.. But not filling up twice a week just going to work would be nice.

Again, thanks for your input.

Last edited by drawde; 03-14-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by drawde
That's the way I like it. It's tints and no front tag, not murder. If I have to pay a little bit here or there for something I like, why not. If it becomes that much of a hassle later on, I'll fix it. But right now I'm good.
One of the points you seem to be missing is that while it is not murder, it is a blatant disregard for the law, and the judge does see all of your previous infractions, whether or not a deal was made..

The more of these infractions that you have.... the less likely the judge is going to be nice to you, and in fact, may even be alot more harsh on you.

Just be aware
Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 PM

C55 AMG
agreed... its best to never give them any reason to pull you over for BS... its just a constant risk for the sake of looks LOL... plus they can be complete A-holes if you have front tints... cops seem to take that as a risk to thier own safety... regardless of how nice you are... its just a risk they dont want to have to deal with...
Old 03-15-2011, 04:37 AM

C63
Originally Posted by sknight
What state and were you arrested?
Illinois, and no but the officer easily could have. He happened to be a really cool guy and I eventually got a plea deal that got the ticket brought down to a 94 or something, which makes it a much less serious offense.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 AM

c200k
Ooof, Illinois is where you don't want to speed, especially crossing the country where they use aircraft, then dispatch state troopers who are on the ground, at stations on the median... They're really strict.

As far as the OP goes, I'm sure there's more to the story than we're hearing from his side. I'm also pretty sure the cop made a note to show up for his trial. If his list of flagrant violations gets too long, they can even, at a point, elect to not plea, and bring him direct to trial. The only shot he's got is getting rectifying the two violations on the car "in good faith", but his time is running out, because they like to see them within a couple days. However, he won't do it because it looks cooler. No problem. However, then he has no right to complain, nor ask advice. The violations will add up, yet he thinks he's getting hosed for $600+legal for a lawyer? Something in this story isn't checking out. However, the OP has no right to be upset or to vent when he's being given advice and won't take it. The responses he's made here has indicated clearly that he got these three tickets because he was a dick to the cop and the cop also likely saw previous violations and stepped up the pressure. The kid acts like he has endless amounts of money, so let the cop dish out the tickets. It's free income for the state, but don't complain when getting tickets for equipment and speeding is a CHOICE made, not a random tragedy.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:56 AM

C63
Any chance you have any more info on what kind of surveillance they use on highways surrounding the city and up to ~50 miles out? I have a radar detector, and I'm pretty sure laser jammers are illegal in Illinois.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:59 AM

Not a BMW
rookies!!! i have 31 points .Here are things not to do ,dont run u will get away but they meet u at ur house ,2 dont put a 100$ behind a pba card {you get a bribe tiket,3,dont be last one with noone behind you.So if u speed always chill with honda's,mustangs or bmw's cuz cops know the owners are **** and will pull them over first 85% of the time!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mrc63jg
Any chance you have any more info on what kind of surveillance they use on highways surrounding the city and up to ~50 miles out? I have a radar detector, and I'm pretty sure laser jammers are illegal in Illinois.
Jammers of any kind are illegal, this has nothing to do with state or county laws. Use of jamming equipment is a violation of Federal law, and will get you into serious trouble.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
You're right, you're not understanding. That's the way I like it. It's tints and no front tag, not murder. If I have to pay a little bit here or there for something I like, why not. If it becomes that much of a hassle later on, I'll fix it. But right now I'm good.

Driving another car isn't a bad idea. I won't be (and haven't been) driving too spiritedly lately so any other car will suffice.. Better gas mileage, and less mileage on this car. Less fun, maybe.. But not filling up twice a week just going to work would be nice.

Again, thanks for your input.

Sorry to hear you got all those tickets. Good luck. Was it a state or local cop that pulled you over? I have had no front plate and tints for over a year with no problems. Of course my gold family member card helps a ton.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM

c200k
Originally Posted by dynomite05
Sorry to hear you got all those tickets. Good luck. Was it a state or local cop that pulled you over? I have had no front plate and tints for over a year with no problems. Of course my gold family member card helps a ton.
Until it doesn't or the person who gave it to you gets a call...

In a better case scenario, the supervisors get involved to prevent a cross-county issue, like what almost happened between NYC and East Hampton (but existed for nassau and NYC) and the person, and the supplier is "advised" to no longer give that family member a card.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Until it doesn't or the person who gave it to you gets a call...

In a better case scenario, the supervisors get involved to prevent a cross-county issue, like what almost happened between NYC and East Hampton (but existed for nassau and NYC) and the person, and the supplier is "advised" to no longer give that family member a card.

Good thing I haven't run into that situation, huh. 10 years and still going strong.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM

c200k
Yeah, eventually you will be caught up with, especially when you act invincible. You end up going too far, where even a card or minishield won't get you out of it.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Yeah, eventually you will be caught up with, especially when you act invincible. You end up going too far, where even a card or minishield won't get you out of it.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:28 PM

C63
minishield, eh?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by amgv
rookies!!! i have 31 points .Here are things not to do ,dont run u will get away but they meet u at ur house ,2 dont put a 100$ behind a pba card {you get a bribe tiket,3,dont be last one with noone behind you.So if u speed always chill with honda's,mustangs or bmw's cuz cops know the owners are **** and will pull them over first 85% of the time!!!
When do you get your license back?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Ooof, Illinois is where you don't want to speed, especially crossing the country where they use aircraft, then dispatch state troopers who are on the ground, at stations on the median... They're really strict.

As far as the OP goes, I'm sure there's more to the story than we're hearing from his side. I'm also pretty sure the cop made a note to show up for his trial. If his list of flagrant violations gets too long, they can even, at a point, elect to not plea, and bring him direct to trial. The only shot he's got is getting rectifying the two violations on the car "in good faith", but his time is running out, because they like to see them within a couple days. However, he won't do it because it looks cooler. No problem. However, then he has no right to complain, nor ask advice. The violations will add up, yet he thinks he's getting hosed for $600+legal for a lawyer? Something in this story isn't checking out. However, the OP has no right to be upset or to vent when he's being given advice and won't take it. The responses he's made here has indicated clearly that he got these three tickets because he was a dick to the cop and the cop also likely saw previous violations and stepped up the pressure. The kid acts like he has endless amounts of money, so let the cop dish out the tickets. It's free income for the state, but don't complain when getting tickets for equipment and speeding is a CHOICE made, not a random tragedy.
+1. Illinois hates tint as do a LOT of Northern states, the coppers think you're hiding something??? Are you?? Florida seems to be much more tolerant of tints because of the sunny weather.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Tints are legal in FL.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by dynomite05
Tints are legal in FL.
Only to a certain degree, which happens to be as follows: Per FS 316.2952
Side and Rear Windows

The front side windows must allow at least 28 percent VLT. The back side windows must allow at least 15 percent; the rear window must allow at least 15 percent. If the back window is tinted, the car must have dual side mirrors. Florida does not allowed colored tinting. For multipurpose passenger vehicles (for example, limousines), the minimum VLT on the side and back windows is 6 percent.

Basically, no tint in front windshield cept for factory tint strip and then you can get progressively darker from the A pillars back to rear window. Where they really watch is the two front side windows.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
lol, every state should outlaw colored tint.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63

Just saw this now. Not sure what you mean by more to the story, what exactly are you looking for? Do you wanna hear that i'm a cheap, millionaire ******* 17 year old that has no respect for authority? Because that's what I feel like you think of me. That's fine, you're entitled to that. FAR from the truth but if that's what you want to think to *make sense* of my situation, fine. I don't know where these assumptions are coming from, If I'm acting like a jerk and deserving of this mini e-bashing, then I apologize. But, in any case, I love how you feel like you know me, it's really impressive.

I was in NO WAY a dick to the cop, you weren't there. You're right though, the tints and no plate did not help the situation, I accept that and I don't deny it. Is it the best decision? Probably not. I always said I'd fix it if it bothered me enough, and paying, what, a couple hundred (not including the speeding ticket, obviously) in 2 YEARS with the tints and 1 YEAR without the plate, that's not too bad.. What is that, a dollar a day or something? I'm not rich by any means, but lets be serious, many of us spend way more than that on gas.. in a month. It's not like I get a ticket for it every day and still refuse to fix it, that would be stupid.

I wasn't here asking for advice or sympathy here (although I do appreciate ALL inputs, positive and negative), I was asking a specific question. Got my answer (kinda). Great. My lawyer will fill in the other blanks.

And FYI, court appearance isn't required (and it wasn't either on my 95 in a 65) for anyone that was wondering, even though sknight is "pretty sure" that it was and that the cop hated me wanted to beat the **** out of me because apparently I was a jerk to him. But I've been told that going to court doesn't hurt, and it hasn't so far.

I was never complaining, just ranting, which I believe I'm allowed to do unless that's been outlawed recently? But, whatever, some of you seem to know more about my life than me so theres no point arguing.

tl;dr hopefully the money at least goes to fixing some potholes or something, then at least I'm helping you guys out.

Last edited by drawde; 03-16-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:04 AM

c200k
And FYI, court appearance isn't required (and it wasn't either on my 95 in a 65) for anyone that was wondering, even though sknight is "pretty sure" that it was and that the cop hated me wanted to beat the **** out of me because apparently I was a jerk to him. But I've been told that going to court doesn't hurt, and it hasn't so far.
I didn't say a court appearance was required. Don't know where you're getting that from. If you want to fight the ticket, then yes, you go to court and speak to the DA and ADA, then plea or go to trial and without any doubt, the cop gave you all those tickets for a reason, and if you go to trial, he's got it in his notes to appear for a specific reason.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drawde, this sometimes works, sometimes does not.. What you can do is ask for a continuance, maybe twice, in many cases, odds are when you do show up to your court case, the officer may not. It is worth a try.. works in VA and MD (don't know anyone in DC who has tried).

In general, when officers write out tickets, they have a specific day in traffic court (or 2 days) for each officer. The back end computer systems automatically determine the date they put on the ticket. However, when you request a continuance, in many cases the next court date may not be one of the default ones identified for that officer, which would require him to remove himself from active patrol to attend court. Sometimes the officers don't show, resulting in a dismissal of all charges.

It's an option, it may or may not work, and it may also **** off the officer if he does decide to show up to court

I still maintain, you should fix the problems with your car, especially before you show up to court (as someone else said), show up with the receipts, and the judge will most likely drop the charges on those violations. But do remember what I said previously, a history of these charges will show up, the more times you get a ticket for the same thing (plate and tint), the more likely the judge will come down on you harshly...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
lol I knew this was coming, the model citizen that does no wrong and never drives above the speed limit. I am upset, and you're right, mostly at myself. I'm not complaining, just ranting publicly. Thanks for the input though.
um, it has nothing to do with being a model citizen. I speed all the time, but I know that if i get caught, I'm screwed.

you seem to not understand that 16mph over is a 4 point ticket and what most cops would consider "more than a little over the speed limit"

oh and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnplh7gnlU

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *SIGH* another ticket.... or 3.