Let the mods begin:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Talking

Looks great!! Congrats on the weight savings!!

Did you order your headers and tune yet?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Looks nice indeed. So You still have the Audi Q5? I like the pictures.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Looks great!! Congrats on the weight savings!!

Did you order your headers and tune yet?
Thanks. No headers, gonna wait until the 2012 stuff gets finalized. I will be switching for sure to at least a 2012 4 door C63 with P031 at some point. But hoping the BS will be amazing and then I'll grab that.. So not wanting to get in too deep with this one. It is tuned though and is running amazing. Battery seems to struggle a bit on hot starts. It hasnt left me stranded yet and starts every time, but I may switch to a bigger 18 or 21# Braille instead. We'll see. I lowered it last night too. Other than a few visits to the snap on truck and one trip to sears it wasnt too bad. Looking forward to my trunk and then she is done. She need to hit the road course.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:35 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by C63newdude
Looks nice indeed. So You still have the Audi Q5? I like the pictures.
No. It failed twice. After the second time I was like "goodbye" I traded it in for a 2011 Lexus IS-F Sport which we absolutely love for the wife. She drives an hour each way on a desolate hwy and I cant risk her breaking down at 3 am on her ride home. First failure was a timing chain tensioner and the second failure was a waterpump. I didnt have good luck with her Audi or the RS4 I had
Old 04-12-2011, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
If you're getting the CF trunk, you should get a CF trunk spoiler. Why not get a big fin CF diffuser to match the back as well?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by olszowa12
If you're getting the CF trunk, you should get a CF trunk spoiler. Why not get a big fin CF diffuser to match the back as well?
I'll post pics of the finished product next week hopefully. Believe it already has a large spoiler on it.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-13-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:44 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by olszowa12
I love the Cf diffuser but won't buy anything like that until I'm in the new 2012. I only bought the hood and trunk because I got a killer deal on them and dad's is local. The trunk may cross over but hood won't. Whatever doesn't crossover I will return the goodwill and hook someone up on the hood and trunk.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-12-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:54 PM

GT3
Well I had to scrub the trunk. The painter(Sanford paint and body) is playing games. He has had it two weeks and it's not even painted yet and he is wanting another week Every week its the same story. So it's a no go and I wanted to clarify the issue since I had praised them earlier. He did the hood in a timely manner and it looked good. But definitely not seeing the same results this time and want everyone to be aware. I wouldve loved to pick up the trunk anyways but the painter has it and it's creating problems. I'll just buy a new one and have my normal painter Mad Mods do the painting. They build custom show cars and I have used them for about 20 years. No bs fom them and he'll actually do it "RIGHT". Dads was more than accommodating but the painter really screwed this up. So bummed. So in short, if your considering using Sanford paint and body I would reconsider especially if your anticipating a fairly quick job. Before anyone criticizes my post. I praised them when they did a good job and now feel compelled to post neg to keep people informed. I even had a big collision job for them and I had to call the guy and say don't bother waisting your time. I was even going to drop the job off myself for estimate and repair. Oh well, that job will go down to Mad Mods in south Florida too. It's a bit out of the way but it will be done when promised and will be show quality. On a good note the car is running flawless with the tune and I just really upset a Challenger R/T with mods... Braille 15# battery has been fine for daily use as well. I may go up to a 21# just so I can sleep at night, but I havent had any issues with starts yet. I have let the car sit for as long as two days. There is way more to the trunk drama but I like Keith(DadsC63) and dont want to air any dirty laundry. It best left being said that I didnt have a good experience with the painter he uses

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-28-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Well I had to scrub the trunk. The painter(Sanford paint and body) is playing games. He has had it two weeks and it's not even painted yet and he is wanting another week Every week its the same story. So it's a no go and I wanted to clarify the issue since I had praised them earlier. He did the hood in a timely manner and it looked good. But definitely not seeing the same results this time and want everyone to be aware. I wouldve loved to pick up the trunk anyways but the painter has it and it's creating problems. I'll just buy a new one and have my normal painter Mad Mods do the painting. They build custom show cars and I have used them for about 20 years. No bs fom them and he'll actually do it "RIGHT". Dads was more than accommodating but the painter really screwed this up. So bummed. So in short, if your considering using Sanford paint and body I would reconsider especially if your anticipating a fairly quick job. Before anyone criticizes my post. I praised them when they did a good job and now feel compelled to post neg to keep people informed. I even had a big collision job for them and I had to call the guy and say don't bother waisting your time. I was even going to drop the job off myself for estimate and repair. Oh well, that job will go down to Mad Mods in south Florida too. It's a bit out of the way but it will be done when promised and will be show quality. On a good note the car is running flawless with the tune and I just really upset a Challenger R/T with mods... Braille 15# battery has been fine for daily use as well. I may go up to a 21# just so I can sleep at night, but I havent had any issues with starts yet. I have let the car sit for as long as two days. There is way more to the trunk drama but I like Keith(DadsC63) and dont want to air any dirty laundry. It best left being said that I didnt have a good experience with the painter he uses
Thats upsetting to hear. Good luck
Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by dodger63
Thats upsetting to hear. Good luck
Yeah I'm a little bummed out about the whole thing. I don't care about losing out on the trunk and dont care about the painter, but dont want hard feelings with a fellow member like Keith. He is a nice guy and did try to make things right. It's a tough situation because he does alot of work with Sanford paint so it's complicated. But I don't agree with the painters methods. The painter even tried telling me he needs to drill the emblem off and rerivet a new one on Lol. I proceeded to squeeze the latches and removed it. He also bonds the spoiler on so its unremovable. that to me is just stupid. So yeah, a bit upsetting and I should've stuck with my gut instinct and brought it to my painter. The biggest thing I learned was I need to not involve a third party. I should've just picked the trunk up in person from Keith. Hopefully he understands from my point of view. In the end it's just a trunk and I can't stand to be jerked around while being charged a premium. No hard feelings on my end, it's just business.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Keith I'm sure he doesn't have any I'll feelings. I'm sure things will be fine

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Yeah I'm a little bummed out about the whole thing. I don't care about losing out on the trunk and dont care about the painter, but dont want hard feelings with a fellow member like Keith. He is a nice guy and did try to make things right. It's a tough situation because he does alot of work with Sanford paint so it's complicated. But I don't agree with the painters methods. The painter even tried telling me he needs to drill the emblem off and rerivet a new one on Lol. I proceeded to squeeze the latches and removed it. He also bonds the spoiler on so its unremovable. that to me is just stupid. So yeah, a bit upsetting and I should've stuck with my gut instinct and brought it to my painter. The biggest thing I learned was I need to not involve a third party. I should've just picked the trunk up in person from Keith. Hopefully he understands from my point of view. In the end it's just a trunk and I can't stand to be jerked around while being charged a premium. No hard feelings on my end, it's just business.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:23 PM

GT3
I'm going to sell the braille lightweight battery if anyone wants it. My wife is giving me a hard time about it since she drives the car during the week on occassion. She takes our 16mo son around and doesnt want any issues. That being said, I have had zero start issues with it. The car has sat for as long as 3-4 days and still starts no problem. I shouldve never told her it was in there but had to tell her make sure you dont leave the doors open because the small battery. I would keep it for track days but just found out the organization I track with just cancelled every event for the year due to pricing issues So I wont be doing the track days as planned and just no sense in keeping this battery around on a trickle charger for very little use. It is like brand new and I bought it from RPM a few weeks ago. I have a ton of references on evom.net under the same screenname if you want to check out my seller feedback. How about $140 shipped/paypaled. I paid $170. Anyone local is welcome to come by and we can do as many starts as you like. As some have recommended its probably best for track days but I honestly havent had any issues daily driving with it.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:32 PM

GT3
Battery has been sold.