C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63: Flashy? Not flashy? Does it matter to you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Originally Posted by mrwolf
I dunno guess im Just addicted to women
Assuming you're not a teenager, what about looking for one woman who you really care about, and who really cares about you (instead of what car you drive)?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
I think mrwolf wants over nine thousand girlfriends.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
^^^ I believe Mr. Wolf lives in the middle East. Things are a bit different there as far as women are concerned and the quantity you may have...
Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Get a C63 and debadge it. Normal people will think its a C300 and car enthusiasts will know that its a monster.
I have the same concerns as you and that certainly weighed into my decision on buying this car vs. a used 997 TT. I ended up deciding that I'll buy a car like that when I no longer have to care what others think about what I drive.

I also debadged my car. But soon learned the layperson doesn't know what the badges mean anyway. People still know it is a really nice benz. Also no way to hide it when you fire it up.

Just dont' buy a red one if you care about appearances. I saw a red one today and couldn't keep my eyes off it despite owning the same car. Definitely flashy!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 G550
Originally Posted by IAA-C63
Assuming you're not a teenager, what about looking for one woman who you really care about, and who really cares about you (instead of what car you drive)?
To each his own.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
I think its flashy...coz last night the Gasoline Attendant asked me "what year is that"? I replied "08" and he said "nice Porsche" and I replied "its a Benz" he pointed his finger at me and said "you can't fool me" !!! So I guess its flashy and looks like a P-car hahaha

Last edited by MNL ICE; 04-13-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Let's just say the C63 was flashy enough to catch my eye and that is all that matters.

Unfortunately, not so much of a chick magnet, unless you are into materialistic teen girls that drive BMW 3 series or regular C classes.

Fortunately, most cops also think it's a regular C class hehe. Unless you put it in S or M, then they just get pissed off by the sounds.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 AM

C63 AMG
I echo most of the responses in this thread.

The thing I love most about the C63 is that it has a cult following--people who knows about it will respect it for what it is and can do, while the lay public will just look at it like it's a "regular" MB.

True story: I was driving to my barber on Saturday and this guy saw my car, followed me, waited till I turn into a parking lot, made a U-turn, pulled up next to me and asked me about my car. One of the first things out of his mouth was, "Nice Benz. What does that cost you, about $35,000?" I simply replied, "Yea, around there. It's just a Benz, nothing too special about it."

Also, most women (and men) have no clue what this car is and can do. And to those who know, the C63 can look like a bad boy in a tux with a really bad attitude.

I'd feel like a douche driving in a Murcielago, too. But then again, I'd still be driving a Murcielago.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chocofishez
Just dont' buy a red one if you care about appearances. I saw a red one today and couldn't keep my eyes off it despite owning the same car. Definitely flashy!
"Avengerboater" posted a photo of a red one in this thread, and I totally see what you mean. Now that's an eye-catching car!

Last edited by IAA-C63; 04-13-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by avengerboater
True story: I was driving to my barber on Saturday and this guy saw my car, followed me, waited till I turn into a parking lot, made a U-turn, pulled up next to me and asked me about my car. One of the first things out of his mouth was, "Nice Benz. What does that cost you, about $35,000?" I simply replied, "Yea, around there. It's just a Benz, nothing too special about it."
And it can work the other way too. About 15 years ago, I pulled into a gas station in rural Virginia in my generic E320, and a youngish woman there said "wow, is that one of those $90,000 Mercedes?" I awkwardly told her "no, it's just a regular Mercedes."

It seems that unless someone is a real car enthusiast (reads the car magazines diligently), when they encounter cars generally beyond their price range, they often have no idea what they cost. But I'd think that a Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc. is going to give anyone an impression of wealth (usually correctly).

On a related note, I recently read a demographic study of wealthy people (at least $5M net worth) and the researchers found that these people usually buy premium cars (MB, BMW, Audi, etc.) at an average price of about $50,000, and only a very small minority buy more exotic cars like Porsches, Maseratis, etc. So anyone driving a C63 is driving a nice car even by the standards of wealthy people!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
And it can work the other way too. About 15 years ago, I pulled into a gas station in rural Virginia in my generic E320, and a youngish woman there said "wow, is that one of those $90,000 Mercedes?" I awkwardly told her "no, it's just a regular Mercedes."

It seems that unless someone is a real car enthusiast (reads the car magazines diligently), when they encounter cars generally beyond their price range, they often have no idea what they cost. But I'd think that a Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc. is going to give anyone an impression of wealth (usually correctly).

On a related note, I recently read a demographic study of wealthy people (at least $5M net worth) and the researchers found that these people usually buy premium cars (MB, BMW, Audi, etc.) at an average price of about $50,000, and only a very small minority buy more exotic cars like Porsches, Maseratis, etc. So anyone driving a C63 is driving a nice car even by the standards of wealthy people!
Sometimes the wealthy don't know what to spend their money on. Wish that was my case. Then I'd be driving a SLS . Will work hard as I can and maybe retire with one.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 AM

08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
Hey relax guys.. I was bored last night so dropped in a little comment for some fun. Dont burn me on that comment lol. Im not one of those sleazy guys who wants/expects to attract women with their car (infact I *hate* all that... especially ppl who go around with powerful cars revving them so every1 can hear them and look at them- not cool- just sad).

I'm 25 and I spend my time ferrying between London and Dubai every few weeks for work. Im single and too busy for any kind of serious relationship unfortunately so just out there to have some fun :p

Last edited by mrwolf; 04-13-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 AM

Hey relax guys.. I was bored last night so dropped in a little comment for some fun. Dont burn me on that comment lol. Im not one of those sleazy guys who wants/expects to attract women with their car (infact I *hate* all that... especially ppl who go around with power cars revving them so every1 can hear them and look at them- not cool- just sad).

I'm 25 and I spend my time ferrying between London and Dubai every few weeks for work. Im single and too busy for any kind of serious relationship unfortunately so just out there to have some fun :p
Didn't mean to jump on anyone. I have a young daughter I adore beyond words, so I'm not keen on the idea of women being used as sex objects. I'm sure you'll be able to relate when you're a dad (and you might even remember this message exchange). And I do remember being 25, so I can relate to where you're coming from too. Enjoy being young!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Hey relax guys.. I was bored last night so dropped in a little comment for some fun. Dont burn me on that comment lol. Im not one of those sleazy guys who wants/expects to attract women with their car (infact I *hate* all that... especially ppl who go around with powerful cars revving them so every1 can hear them and look at them- not cool- just sad).

I rarely bash anyone. Most of my random comments are memes on the internet. You will see many of them on my posts lol. Good luck on deciphering them.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:54 AM

2008 C63
I bought the car because it's fun to drive in almost any situation (that "almost" refers to snow). Girls think it's just another c class. Some guys don't get it. There's certainly a group of people in the office that know what it is, and think it is a little too flashy. However, I'm not going to drive a ****box just because people don't know how to find a good deal, or because I have different priorities (my c63 is my child!).
Old 04-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
I bought the car because it's fun to drive in almost any situation (that "almost" refers to snow).
This new C63 is my fourth MB (all RWD). I haven't tried it in the snow yet, but the previous three were absolutely hopeless in the snow. I once totally lost control in an inch of snow at a modest speed, and wound up doing a scary 180 that put me way over in the opposing traffic lanes; it was a miracle that I didn't hit anything.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Honestly, one of the most appealing things to me about the C63 is that it's the kind of car that only car enthusiasts are going to recognize it...but I can say that living in NYC, I get a fair amount of attention from other drivers on the road and pedestrians at the crosswalks...I've added a few cosmetic mods so the car looks pretty sinister now but it's the exhaust that blows peoples minds!

This car is like a bodybuilder in a suit - you know the guy works out, but he isn't parading around in a wife beater all day.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I read something similar years ago. IIRC, it said something about most of them buy domestic vehicles and if they buy a foreign luxury brand, it is usually pre-owned.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:58 PM

C63
I'm recently single and I purposely hide the car until the 3rd date. Women kinda realize its not a normal Benz even if it looks like one based on the following 1) the seats are snug - some actually labeled it as "wow you car does not like fat women" 2) the exhaust is loud 3) it sits lower than a normal car (I am not dropped).
Old 04-13-2011, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by arctichaze
I'm recently single and I purposely hide the car until the 3rd date.
So, what do you drive on dates 1-2? The other cars you listed are not exactly "low-key."
Old 04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Originally Posted by arctichaze
I'm recently single and I purposely hide the car until the 3rd date. Women kinda realize its not a normal Benz even if it looks like one based on the following 1) the seats are snug - some actually labeled it as "wow you car does not like fat women" 2) the exhaust is loud 3) it sits lower than a normal car (I am not dropped).
I hide the C63 until the 5-6th. lol By that time I know I'm going be seeing her for a while so why not introduce her to the competition haha.

Last comment I got from this girl, "I bet you slaved yourself for this car." I asked her why she thought that and she replied "because this is like the nicest benz ever!"
Old 04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I don't consider the C63 flashy, but i get so many stares & thumbs up on my car. Much much more than i did in my W212 E55.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by Sincity
So, what do you drive on dates 1-2? The other cars you listed are not exactly "low-key."

My buddy is an animal control officer. I usually borrow his truck for first dates.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
My buddy is an animal control officer. I usually borrow his truck for first dates.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
##

1st date with my wife ever was in a 1986 F150 with camper shell... we did NOT valet park, and I'm convinced she's with me for my looks

My wife get's MUCH more attn in her amg (c63) than I do.... and I'd expect it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63: Flashy? Not flashy? Does it matter to you?