C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63: Flashy? Not flashy? Does it matter to you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
My buddy is an animal control officer. I usually borrow his truck for first dates.
I'm sure the ladies love the smell!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:14 PM

2010 C63, 2002 Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by IAA-C63
One of my considerations in getting a C63 was that I needed a car that wasn't too flashy, primarily because I can't afford to make employees and clients overly jealous. I figured that Porsche would be much flashier, BMW a bit less flashy, and Audi considerably more low key.

Was the flashiness of the car a factor in your decision to get it? Do you think the car is flashy (or not)?

In these first two weeks of ownership, to my surprise, I've already noticed some people looking at the car in parking lots. Maybe the V8 sound and quad exhausts have blown my cover?
Buy two cars, one to maintain your boring image and a real car to drive when it matters. I had a friend who was an executive at a manufacturing company - he always drove an old car to the office and had a garage full of sports cars, etc. When you have a large number of unionized employees and you're negotiating a new contract, you can't be rolling up in a new Porsche.

I think the saying that applies here is "you can't have your cake and eat it too"
Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Interwebz
When you have a large number of unionized employees and you're negotiating a new contract, you can't be rolling up in a new Porsche.

I think the saying that applies here is "you can't have your cake and eat it too"

Vice-versa for the union rep as well. Ever wonder how many of them are rich?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Originally Posted by Interwebz
Buy two cars, one to maintain your boring image and a real car to drive when it matters. I had a friend who was an executive at a manufacturing company - he always drove an old car to the office and had a garage full of sports cars, etc. When you have a large number of unionized employees and you're negotiating a new contract, you can't be rolling up in a new Porsche.

Good thought about getting two cars. I wouldn't mind three! Problem is that we have a two-car garage, and one spot is the wife's. My fun car would need to stay in the garage, but I'd want my daily driver in the garage too, so I've limited myself to a single fun daily driver, hence the C63.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 AM

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
Unhappy

Good thought about getting two cars. I wouldn't mind three! Problem is that we have a two-car garage, and one spot is the wife's. My fun car would need to stay in the garage, but I'd want my daily driver in the garage too, so I've limited myself to a single fun daily driver, hence the C63.
At least you've got room for both you cars in the garage. We just moved into a new house and most of the garage is now taken up by packed up things in boxes. There is only room for one car in our 3 car garage. Currently the C63 is outside.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
C63 outside? That's blasphemy!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:16 AM
FBG

2011 C63
blingy

I chose silver because that is pretty suitable for every situation and hides dirt well. Anyhow after I first bought it, I was driving on the freeeway and had a whole jeep load of tourists gawking at me. Then I drove on to base and parked at my reserved Company Commander spot and 10 minutes later one of my Soldiers said "sir you got a crowd around your car outside." Then I felt pretty ostentatious about the purchase. Sometimes it is not advisable to have a nicer car than your entire chain of command because people talk. Anyways, the car is worth it and there are a hell of a lot of Joe's that buy challenger SRT-8's that are screaming around post so the C63 has faded away. Every time I leave post somebody wants to race me in their tricked out camaro, mustang, or challanger. The only time I indulged I blew the doors off a mid nineties camarao that sounded like a rocket attack.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
One of my considerations in getting a C63 was that I needed a car that wasn't too flashy, primarily because I can't afford to make employees and clients overly jealous. I figured that Porsche would be much flashier, BMW a bit less flashy, and Audi considerably more low key.

Was the flashiness of the car a factor in your decision to get it? Do you think the car is flashy (or not)?

In these first two weeks of ownership, to my surprise, I've already noticed some people looking at the car in parking lots. Maybe the V8 sound and quad exhausts have blown my cover?
MD ftw!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
Originally Posted by FBG
I chose silver because that is pretty suitable for every situation and hides dirt well. Anyhow after I first bought it, I was driving on the freeeway and had a whole jeep load of tourists gawking at me. Then I drove on to base and parked at my reserved Company Commander spot and 10 minutes later one of my Soldiers said "sir you got a crowd around your car outside." Then I felt pretty ostentatious about the purchase. Sometimes it is not advisable to have a nicer car than your entire chain of command because people talk.
Its the star badge that gets people talking/green with envy.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

No question one day I will own the mack daddy S550 or something slick like that. Currently at 37 I'm too young for such a ride.

The C63 looks like a C class to anyone who doesnt know what a C63 is... and thats most people.