Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63-S, 1987 190E 2.3-16, 1985 325E
most ridiculous pull-overs/summons

let's hear em' guys!

i have MANY to be honest, but today's needed me to vent out a bit lol

so... today i attended street wars 7, down in south jersey, and well it was all great and a good show! we should all definitely go next year, but upon my departure, i get out of this town and am on the entrance lane to the highway, "across" the lanes was an officer stationed looking for speeders, i simply was coming from the merging lane, and was not speeding what soever, since i had to stop to get on the highway, state trooper mind you.. got stopped and interrogated the crap out of, i told her i was returning home from a car show that was for cancer and she replies i pulled you over for tints, ok, i can't argue, fair enough... she returns with a warning... (i assumed was for my tints, she said get rid of them here is the warning) and she walked away and sped off... my warning states careless driving... great, now i need to explain to every cop when i get pulled over why i have a warning on my record for the next 6 months, what a B***H, sigh, some people have issues

great success
Old 04-17-2011, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
She probably just saw your sig...

seriously though, that is bull****. Tint and careless driving are at two opposite ends of the spectrum.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
I once had an officer ask me if I thought STOP stood for "Squeal Tires On Pavement".

Of course I laughed and was cited for "Improper Start".

Awesome.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
i am sorry to hear that bro but after Street Wars there were plenty of State Troopers out.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
She probably just saw your sig...

seriously though, that is bull****. Tint and careless driving are at two opposite ends of the spectrum.
that is why i got so offended by her choice of action. i mean a warning IS better than a ticket, but the fact is not i need to look out for myself every time i get stopped because i have a warning for careless, i really didn't check the "warning" sheet until i started driving again, when someone tells you they are issuing you a warning for your tints, im assuming it was put in the system that this individual has been told to remove them, not careless.. like said, opposite ends, what can you do some of them are true amazing and hard working individuals, and some.. are true sob's that have nothing else better to do, the event was to fund for cancer and i left to go to work... both did not matter to her, not that they should if you are doing an illegal action, but some respect should be implemented.. sigh what can you do!

Originally Posted by superlubricity
I once had an officer ask me if I thought STOP stood for "Squeal Tires On Pavement".

Of course I laughed and was cited for "Improper Start".

Awesome.
haha at least you got a good laugh out of it, that's a good one lol ill use that from now on with my buddies

at times, we are VERY at fault for the actions these cars cause us to do, but when you are behaving and you get bullied, it just gets you going

Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
i am sorry to hear that bro but after Street Wars there were plenty of State Troopers out.
to be honest, on the way down, there were a LOT, i left around 12.30 (the warning stub shows me written for 12.36 w. the offense, literally by the time i hopped on the highway from the event) it's just the principle, if i was fooling around, i'd accept the warning w. OPEN hands and saying thanks like no tomorrow

but.. it's the fact that she tried being so slick about it as if the note she gave me was a warning for my tints, not for careless when none was done, my friend who is a cop said warnings are iffy he doesn't know what you can do with them since they aren't something you fight, but i should give a local call to their present and ask if i may be given the reason of the warning if i was told the reason i was stopped was for my tints, he said all p.d's now required to give in recorded tapes of their shift at times they have spoken to citizens (their pull overs) and see if i can get to the bottom of it, i doubt i'll take it that far, b.c. who knows w. these guys i may go looking to just get an answer and have them come back with fire, i'll just stay in my shoes and keep a heads up there's a warning on my license now, o well
Old 04-17-2011, 10:30 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Warnings don't show up on your record, or driver abstract even when they run your license. I have a good friend who is a NJST on the Parkway and I asked him about it. Take that piece of paper and toss it. She probably pulled you over seeing if you had anything illegal on you aka drugs. Don't lose any sleep about it.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:32 PM

a warning i have heard does not, agreed, but when it's a written warning like the pic of mine i posted above, i have been told it stays on the system for 6 months, thanks for the input though! if you are referring to written warnings then i feel much better
Old 04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yea the warning is nothing to sweet about i had 2 warnings before from the ST and it is just a piece of paper to scare you.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:44 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by skokkosis
a warning i have heard does not, agreed, but when it's a written warning like the pic of mine i posted above, i have been told it stays on the system for 6 months, thanks for the input though! if you are referring to written warnings then i feel much better
It's nothing more then a piece of paper to intimidate you and make you take the warning "serious". The only thing that gets put on your drivers abstract is a conviction.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:47 PM

thanks again mike!

spec_davis.. the way you are wording it is funny, lol thanks, i dont know why i just picture them sitting there making copies of that slip, "ahhhh which driver we guna scare today" hahahaha
Old 04-17-2011, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
yea the warning is nothing to sweet about i had 2 warnings before from the ST and it is just a piece of paper to scare you.

oh snap i spell sweat wrong.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:51 PM

E550 4Matic
Years ago got pulled over for "not stopping at a yellow light"...no ticket but got a warning, told the officer I never heard of that thought yellow meant caution and red was stop. Cop just wanted to check out a young guy in a new car.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Basicly 5-0 can stop you anytime, anyplace and give you a ticket for anything they decide. They don't call it a police state for nothing. Just iggy it since it was just a warning and goes no were.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Basicly 5-0 can stop you anytime, anyplace and give you a ticket for anything they decide. They don't call it a police state for nothing. Just iggy it since it was just a warning and goes no were.
Well, that was an incredibly short sighted thing to say, I am hoping you are exaggerating...

Police can only pull you over for what is considered a primary offense. The definitions will vary by state of course, but they do not have carte blanche to arbitrarily pull you over because you looked at them funny.

Respect the law, and the officers themselves, and odds are, you less likely to get harassed.

/end rant

And no, I am not law enforcement, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night....
Old 04-18-2011, 12:20 PM

rxbenz has stated the most common reason many people get pulled over, our cars are loud, (not referring to the noise) when you drive by with our cars (especially with some tints on them) they are very big attention grabbers, like rxbenz said they just want to see who you are, in your local town or area you don't get bothered because they know who you are after a while, but in a new area you are just someone new, who give or take does not "belong", duane i don't think they have any reason, but they do sometimes add some sugar and spice over some issues, if my offense was for tint and i got a careless driving ticket... THEN, that would be ridiculous, but it was not, that is why we may plead not guilty, and odds are you will never get such a thing, point was, i just wanted to hear everyone's experiences, i got pull over once and the cop told me, he just was checking if the beads i had hanging from my rear view mirror were gang affilited, nope, they form the greek flag lol, ridiculous, yes... was it a wrong movement of policing, i think not, what if it were someone through your area that was there to harm others?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Sounds like it was a slow day for her & she needed some "excitement."
Old 04-18-2011, 01:03 PM

haha, that's what my friend was saying, how she was probably there for a while, a/c had stopped pumping cool air, and she had hit peak