Matched up with a GT500 this morning...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Originally Posted by C63newdude
Alganzi,

Just look what C63 run with tune and headers. The C63 is quicker &faster than a Shelby GT500 stock. I am not trying to argue with you that is why I let the numbers speak on their own (just look what the C63 run with mods).

If you want to take this claims one step forward then we can go ahead and start attaching the links of car magazines that tested boths cars. I have a seen a 3.9 sec 0-60 and a 12.3@115mph run on a C63 road test done by Motortrend.

At this point we don't know if the Shelby GT500 was the first model or the newer model.
I know that c63 is a fast car and proven itself with little mods.
Am not gonna argue with anyone anymore.
I will make a video this weekend My Gt500 against my friend C63 that have MHP LTS and kleemann tune IN MEXICO OFFCOURSE.
then i'll let my friend to drive my K2 C63 against the GT500 THAT I'LL DRIVE.

Last edited by alqamzi; 04-20-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 PM

GT3
Whats funny is how this thread got side tracked with mod comparo's. What happened to the initial statement that the OP had pulled by 4 cars and he is untuned???? You can beat the comparison to death BTW. I can guarantee you a visit to S Florida will yield different results for you. You wont be pulling 4 cars on ANY GT500's here.

And sorry I wasnt clear on my initial post. What I meant to say was I raced a modded 2011 GT from 40-130 and we were dead even. Im a tune only car. He is a very good driver and very consistent at the track. He is a super honest guy and a Mustang owner. He has raced every GT500 locally and hasnt beat any of them. So my point is I have a tuned C63 w/LSD with weight reduction and I wont be able to beat any of the Gt500's here. From a dig could possibly yield different results but we are talking about a hwy roll in which you claim a 4 car gap. Im a track guy anyways, so Im not getting into a street bench racing debate. My opinion is you gotlucky, it wasnt a GT500, or the guy botched the run. But as I said, a win is a win so Congrats on getting him by 4
Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 PM

C63 AMG
And sorry I wasnt clear on my initial post. What I meant to say was I raced a modded 2011 GT from 40-130 and we were dead even. Im a tune only car. He is a very good driver and very consistent at the track. He is a super honest guy and a Mustang owner. He has raced every GT500 locally and hasnt beat any of them. So my point is I have a tuned C63 w/LSD with weight reduction and I wont be able to beat any of the Gt500's here. From a dig could possibly yield different results but we are talking about a hwy roll in which you claim a 4 car gap. Im a track guy anyways, so Im not getting into a street bench racing debate. My opinion is you gotlucky, it wasnt a GT500, or the guy botched the run. But as I said, a win is a win so Congrats on getting him by 4
Funny thing I wasn't talking about racing a "modded" GT500. And you know what it could have been 2 1/2 to 3 car lengths. Who cares. All I know is that I was pulling on him. Wonder how many lengths I could put on him once his limiter kicks in....maybe 4, 5 , 6. Did you ever think that maybe thats what happened. Good luck to you and the modded GT500's in Florida. Sounds like you are getting owned and are proud of it.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Whats funny is how this thread got side tracked with mod comparo's. What happened to the initial statement that the OP had pulled by 4 cars and he is untuned???? You can beat the comparison to death BTW. I can guarantee you a visit to S Florida will yield different results for you. You wont be pulling 4 cars on ANY GT500's here.

One thing I will point out is facts. People seem to talk crap without knowing them.

You stated earlier that you don't think a stock C63 can trap 116. Mthis trapped 116 a while back with his stock C63 on Streets.

No question a stock GT500 is a good race for the stock C63. Equally skilled drivers in the same conditions the GT500 can beat a stock C63 stock for stock. I would hope so considering its pushing 100 more crank HP at the same weight.

That is why the tune scenario came into play. Tune the C63 to the same crank HP as the GT500 and goodbye GT500 advantage.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by alqamzi
I know that c63 is a fast car and proven itself with little mods.
Am not gonna argue with anyone anymore.
I will make a video this weekend My Gt500 against my friend C63 that have MHP LTS and kleemann tune IN MEXICO OFFCOURSE.
then i'll let my friend to drive my K2 C63 against the GT500 THAT I'LL DRIVE.

I'm confused, how many cars are you bringing? Your C63 has a K2 package? Your friend has a C63 with MHP headers and a K1 tune? Your also bringing your GT500 right?

Is your GT500 stock? You have yet to say so. I doubt it is and until you say ill assume its not. Mod for mod the GT500 can beat the C63 so if its modded the video is pointless and doesn't fit into this discussion.

Mexico huh? You have one of those too?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
I own both and its immpossible. it looks like it was a gt with gt500 kit lol.
Gt500 is by far faster then the C63. My c63 have a tune and headers and still the gt500 pulls atleast 2 cars on the C63
Something is very wrong with your " tuned and headers" C63. Quite a few documented examples running mid 11's to high 10's DA dependent. Your stock GT 500 won't be pulling anything on these cars. For you to challenge Dodger is beyond reason but of course you know that he is 1,500 miles away.

Although knowing Mike he is liable to cover your travel expenses for you to bring the stock 500 and have a go for slips.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Something is very wrong with your " tuned and headers" C63. Quite a few documented examples running mid 11's to high 10's DA dependent. Your stock GT 500 won't be pulling anything on these cars. For you to challenge Dodger is beyond reason but of course you know that he is 1,500 miles away.

Although knowing Mike he is liable to cover your travel expenses for you to bring the stock 500 and have a go for slips.

Hes yet to state a very critical element in the equation. Is his GT500 stock or modded? For him to say "Lets run pinks" against Mike who is running a 10.7 he is either very stupid or his GT500 is modded. You can choose.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:33 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by melmanc55
Funny thing I wasn't talking about racing a "modded" GT500. And you know what it could have been 2 1/2 to 3 car lengths. Who cares. All I know is that I was pulling on him. Wonder how many lengths I could put on him once his limiter kicks in....maybe 4, 5 , 6. Did you ever think that maybe thats what happened. Good luck to you and the modded GT500's in Florida. Sounds like you are getting owned and are proud of it.
Getting owned. Nah, just honest and a non dreamer. I've got plenty of world records, hp world records and thousands of passes down the 1/4. People like you just make me laugh. I don't street race like an idiot either. When I wanna race I get in a fast car with full safety gear and shoot for records. My c63 is just my daily to get my wife and kids around. I'm not on here trying to prove my dk is bigger by saying I beat a gt500 by 4 car lengths which according to you could be 2 now lol. Have a good night.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Getting owned. Nah, just honest and a non dreamer. I've got plenty of world records, hp world records and thousands of passes down the 1/4. People like you just make me laugh. I don't street race like an idiot either. When I wanna race I get in a fast car with full safety gear and shoot for records. My c63 is just my daily to get my wife and kids around. I'm not on here trying to prove my dk is bigger by saying I beat a gt500 by 4 car lengths which according to you could be 2 now lol. Have a good night.
Excellent response....Kudos for not taking the bait
Old 04-20-2011, 11:44 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Originally Posted by propain
I'm confused, how many cars are you bringing? Your C63 has a K2 package? Your friend has a C63 with MHP headers and a K1 tune? Your also bringing your GT500 right?

Is your GT500 stock? You have yet to say so. I doubt it is and until you say ill assume its not. Mod for mod the GT500 can beat the C63 so if its modded the video is pointless and doesn't fit into this discussion.

Mexico huh? You have one of those too?
I know proper English is soooo important to you propain so here is a quick lesson:
Your is different then you're (you are). Did you mean "you're also bringing your GT500. . ."??? I thought you might want to know since you said "its pathetic" in reference to not spelling properly. OH and there's a difference between its and it's. . . can you figure it out??? Who's stupid now?????

You asked how many cars I'm bringing---you'll know when you watch the video.

And, in response to your racist comment about me going to smoke hookah. . . do you stereotype all people based on where they are from? So, since you are American should I assume you are a redneck that drives an old POS truck??? But, no, I don't judge people that way. I don't give a **** where someone is from. I don't even give a **** what someone drives, I'm just a car enthusiast. But, thanks for showing everyone on this forum what a douche you are. And yeah, I still own the C63. Makes you jealous that I can own a C63 and a brand new Shelby at the same time?

And I offered to race dodger, his reply was no I don't race fords. Not my problem.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:57 PM

09 c63 p30 mars red
Wow-- Has this post ever gone off track!!! The OP just said he pulled on what he believed to be a GT500. Why the attack??
Crap, I have beat several cars over the years at the track and on the street that on paper were faster/quicker than what I was driving.

Lighten up guys!!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I know proper English is soooo important to you propain so here is a quick lesson:
Your is different then you're (you are). Did you mean "you're also bringing your GT500. . ."??? I thought you might want to know since you said "its pathetic" in reference to not spelling properly. OH and there's a difference between its and it's. . . can you figure it out??? Who's stupid now?????

You asked how many cars I'm bringing---you'll know when you watch the video.

And, in response to your racist comment about me going to smoke hookah. . . do you stereotype all people based on where they are from? So, since you are American should I assume you are a redneck that drives an old POS truck??? But, no, I don't judge people that way. I don't give a **** where someone is from. I don't even give a **** what someone drives, I'm just a car enthusiast. But, thanks for showing everyone on this forum what a douche you are. And yeah, I still own the C63. Makes you jealous that I can own a C63 and a brand new Shelby at the same time?

And I offered to race dodger, his reply was no I don't race fords. Not my problem.
Still with the insults...

Did your mommy help you with this post? Is that what took so long?

The hookah comment came after your insult you twit. If you cant take it, don't dish it. Funny how easily I can get under your skin with one little word. Sensitive a little?

I have many cars so no, I am not even close to being jealous over a little kid spending daddy's money on his cars.

Listen, you obviously have a big problem with me. Next time your in NY drop me a line. I'm sure we can sort it out, but please stop talking trash from 1800 miles away. You have no intention of racing Mike for pinks. You are just talking crap because you know you are far enough away to feel safe.

Also, I see you still left out the part about the GT500 being stock. I guess you are having trouble comprehending that part of the English language when I ask that question.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Alqamzi: Just take tomorrow off and drive to Fontana, CA. You should make it by Friday morning. There will be a couple of C63s, BS, and a CLS63 to play with. BTW-I thought you bought MHP headers from an older post?

Agree with Jim. Everyone should take one step back and lighten up.

Last edited by Sincity; 04-21-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:09 AM

C63 AMG
Excellent response....Kudos for not taking the bait
What are you talking about? Baiting? LOL

Listen i'll say it again. Im not making this up. I went back to say 2 1/2 to 3 car lengths to make a point of "who cares". Because I had a little fun with another car on the street doesn't make me an idiot either but you KNOW what you are talking about. It's great that you "shoot" for records. Sounds like you are quite the hero. Goodnight

Last edited by melmanc55; 04-21-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:22 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Still with the insults...

Did your mommy help you with this post? Is that what took so long?

The hookah comment came after your insult you twit. If you cant take it, don't dish it. Funny how easily I can get under your skin with one little word. Sensitive a little?

I have many cars so no, I am not even close to being jealous over a little kid spending daddy's money on his cars.

Listen, you obviously have a big problem with me. Next time your in NY drop me a line. I'm sure we can sort it out, but please stop talking trash from 1800 miles away. You have no intention of racing Mike for pinks. You are just talking crap because you know you are far enough away to feel safe.

Also, I see you still left out the part about the GT500 being stock. I guess you are having trouble comprehending that part of the English language when I ask that question.
No, I have a life outside of this forum which is why I didn't write back instantly. I don't constantly stalk the thread to see what the latest stupidity is.

Yeah, I'm a kid with a Shelby and a C63. How old are you again?? Still jealous huh?

Why don't YOU stop talking trash from 1800 miles away? And yah, I had every intention of racing dodger for pinks. Come to COLORADO ANYTIME and we will sort this out. You're the one with the problem, I wrote a reply on this board and you came out guns blazing saying 'here we go again.'

And it's not a comprehension issue about my Shelby being stock or modded. It's a me ignoring your dumbass!!!

Write whatever lame *** response you want insulting my age or whatever else your peanut sized brain can think of. This 'kid' isn't positing another reply until the video.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:59 AM

C63 AMG
First off b.s on a 11 gt500 beating a tuned and headers c63... I've raced a couple 2009 gt500's with basic bolt on's tune,intake, and exhaust. We went from 50,55,60 - 145 in 3rd gear. Everytime we were pretty even until around 110 where the c63 had better top end and pulled 1 1/2 cars.

I guarantee a tuned c63 vs 2011 gt500 would be a good race from a roll or dig. Yeah and if a 2011 gt500 wanted to go from a dig he better be a damn good driver considering a lot of 11 gt500's have the 1st to 2nd shift problem. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...blem-poll.html and btw I love gt500's. I'm actually thinking about picking one up.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 AM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
Hey man u know me i don't even post anymore because of people like him.
He have been like this since long time i dunno what's his problem!!
Holy crap, dude. He simply asked what headers and exhaust you have on you c63? I'd assume any c63 with headers, exhaust and tune should be able to take a gt500 pretty easily, and this coming a long time mustang guy that's just getting a c63.

You're acting like a kid.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:53 AM

2009 C63, 2.5 Suby RS, Evo 8
I raced a GT500 a few months back. I took him by a car and it was from a roll. Old guy even had a jump on me. I was stock. Maybe he didn't know how to drive? don't know and don't care...but I know he lost.

Last edited by SPE3D; 04-21-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by stangxs
Holy crap, dude. He simply asked what headers and exhaust you have on you c63? I'd assume any c63 with headers, exhaust and tune should be able to take a gt500 pretty easily, and this coming a long time mustang guy that's just getting a c63.

You're acting like a kid.

Its not an act. He IS a kid. One with a chip on his shoulder.

The only thing I can say on his behalf is that he may not have a full grasp of the English language and when I wrote "Here we go.... " He took it as a personal insult instead of understanding the meaning (And I was right) "This is where the thread will go downhill from here"

Sadly for me I was drinking a little so I fed the troll for my own personal entertainment.

Back to the OT....

Stock for Stock the GT500 is faster and quicker. Tune the C63 to equal the HP of the GT500 and its very close, but I give it to the C63 based on the times we have seen on the track. Add headers and the stock GT500 will lose. No question.

Beyond that the GT500 is a mod machine. You can buy and mod one for very cheap so as other have stated "There is no such thing as a stock GT500"
Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Intermission!

Aventador LP700-4 Tuned by Milano......BOOM!

Kircher SLS SuperSport

Now back to your feature presentation of "War of the Roses"

Last edited by callmiro; 04-21-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
Man, I love this forum.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
Man, I love this forum.

And Scarlett Johanson's rack. On topic. Give OP an effen break. I go afk for 12 hours and his flamesuit is torn to shreds. He did not brag or anything of the sort. He had a great run in with GT500 and had a great experience. Leave it be. Just take it in for what it is. Enjoy future runs with similar performance cars melman!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
Man, I love this forum.

Aint it fun?

BTW I can stare at that picture all day....
Old 04-21-2011, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Originally Posted by SPE3D
I raced a GT500 a few months back. I took him by a car and it was from a roll. Old guy even had a jump on me. I was stock. Maybe he didn't know how to drive? don't know and don't care...but I know he lost.
Nice! Doesn't matter what the paper says, anything can happen. A car is only as good as its driver.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
I say you should go back to smoking your hookah pipe and answer the question...
I like hookah.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Matched up with a GT500 this morning...