Sponsored by:

Evosport (advice needed)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
I can say that I have a Powerchip tune in my car (actually had two, one upgraded after I got the internal mods) and haven't had one issue either getting the ECU tuned or with the quality since I got it.

I can also say that I waited 3 months (when the original estimate was 4-6 weeks) for Evosport Shorty headers, throttle bodies and cooling package and remember how frustrating it was to keep getting ETAs that come and go and nothing get delivers (yet I was thrilled with the results of the mods on my E55 once I got the product). Also, Evosport got me my clear corners in the time frame promised.

The point of this...for future customers of Evosport and Powerchip that might read this post, I think it's important (or at least I would want to know) both the good and bad experiences people had with either/both companies so that they can make the most informed judgment as possible, because in the end, aside from getting the OP of any post like this his/her money back, these posts are basically like a quasi-yelp review. Just my two cents.

Last edited by Pertplus; 05-24-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Everybody:

Generalhh has been suspended for 30 days for posting the contents of PM in the open forums. Trying to have a decent conversation with him fell on deaf ears and all he did was continue to tilt at windmills (yeah, you can look that one up). This is a standard infraction for something we take very seriously. He chose to break the private nature of PM and is thus being admonished openly.

Last edited by Nola; 05-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by KEMA
I can confirm that Evosport (Brad) emailed me yesterday with a promise that the refund is being handled by their CFO. I'm not sure what that means in terms of timing but I would imagine that a wire transfer is a relative simple process...

In addition to this Brad has offered me a free Pulley which is a nice gesture but I will withhold my final judgement until I see the money returned to my account.

Once again thanks for all the support expressed in this thread.

Ken
That would be a good offer and a great move from Evosport to make things right. This is what a company should do when things turn sour between them and the customer. I think they'll stand by their word and issue you the refund and the pulley. As always, please keep us updated on both sites
Old 05-24-2011, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Powerchip
Wayne retired and moved to the UK, he's no longer with Powerchip.
Who is running the company then? And who is doing the tuning?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Nola
Everybody:

Generalhh has been suspended for 30 days for posting the contents of PM in the open forums. Trying to have a decent conversation with him fell on deaf ears and all he did was continue to tilt at windmills (yeah, you can look that one up). This is a standard infraction for something we take very seriously. He chose to break the private nature of PM and is thus being admonished openly.
Wow, that's a bit extreme.... no warning or probation or please edit your post or remove/rephrase the PM content? he was only trying to help
Old 05-24-2011, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Everybody:

Who?? Tilt the what?

Isnt that a personal matter anyhow?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by propain
Who?? Tilt the what?

Isnt that a personal matter anyhow?
Yeah I knew you'd have fun with that...

here

http://tinyurl.com/3przlrt

Old 05-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Wow, that's a bit extreme.... no warning or probation or please edit your post or remove/rephrase the PM content? he was only trying to help
Very extreme.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Evosport/brad kema gets a free Pully what do I get? I was told only a discount, then when I asked for one on the line lock kit you said no.. Send me a pulley.. No instead charge a rediculus amount for shipping a 4lb object good call.., send me a pulley
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by dodger63
Evosport/brad kema gets a free Pully what do I get? I was told only a discount, then when I asked for one on the line lock kit you said no.. Send me a pulley.. No instead charge a rediculus amount for shipping a 4lb object good call.., send me a pulley
What's a ridiculous amount? And how long did you wait for your items?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
About 4 months or more, asked then to ship the line lock with my rotors. They forgot so was said, then sent line lock a few days later and charged about $80 shipping. I believe they refunded rpm not sure but still. They wouldn't discount line lock, they did say they would give me a discount on the titanium shims that I didnt want
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Yeah I knew you'd have fun with that...

here

http://tinyurl.com/3przlrt

Tilt the windmills? Not sure about that one but I do know a certain "Tilted Kilt"
Old 05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Very extreme.
You showed him

Originally Posted by dodger63
About 4 months or more, asked then to ship the line lock with my rotors. They forgot so was said, then sent line lock a few days later and charged about $80 shipping. I believe they refunded rpm not sure but still. They wouldn't discount line lock, they did say they would give me a discount on the titanium shims that I didnt want
$80 to ship a line lock.... OUCH
Old 05-24-2011, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
You showed him
He showed all of us. Always good to keep in mind, getting into it with a moderator is like the internet version of getting into it with a cop. No matter who's in the right, you will lose. Everytime.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Don't start the lynch mob already guys there are very few good vendors around to beat them to death or hurt their business. They have been doing a good job for a long time. I agree they dropped the ball, but they are obviously having cash flow issues which at this point the further bashing could possibly put them out of business which I am sure not everyone wants. He's getting a few pulley (I hope) and they got a little slap on the *** by the community. So I think justice has been done.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
Don't start the lynch mob already guys there are very few good vendors around to beat them to death or hurt their business. They have been doing a good job for a long time. I agree they dropped the ball, but they are obviously having cash flow issues which at this point the further bashing could possibly put them out of business which I am sure not everyone wants. He's getting a few pulley (I hope) and they got a little slap on the *** by the community. So I think justice has been done.
... you know what... never mind.. Just send in your order then and post your own review.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
This thread is a disaster, everyone needs to go get laid, have a drink, or take a deep breath. Heck of a lot of forum jockeys on here....it's an Internet message board. Relax.

Evosport you suck give the guy his refund already, your promises are empty, you have made yourself look like an *** and your best bet is to post up a huge sale asking whoever buys to detail their experience here to regain consumer confidence....or just wait a year for it to blow over. This is not an insult, just summarizing for clarity.

End this useless rubbernecking already. Bunch of teenage girls in here!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
... you know what... never mind.. Just send in your order then and post your own review.
There aren't any good mods for my car or I would ha the only thing that would yield decent power are LTH which I would get from MBH if I did decide to get them. I almost bought the under-drive pulleys from them, but found out they don't yield any power. I am over this car anyways I don't plan to do anything else to it.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Powerchip
We are going to make some announcements next month about changes we are making, stay tuned for an official announcement.
Was going to apologize for any perceived “condescending tone” noted in your original post (received via subscribed e-mail notification), only to find it had since been edited.
That was not specifically my intent, merely to share the facts as I know them with the other participants in this thread.
Should also be disclosed I’m a former MSRP Powerchip and evosport customer.

Best of luck with your business endeavors going forward.

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
He showed all of us. Always good to keep in mind, getting into it with a moderator is like the internet version of getting into it with a cop. No matter who's in the right, you will lose. Everytime.
To be fair, only one member has thus far earned sanctions in this potentially prickly 100+ post thread. Sharing a private communication (his PM in this specific instance) without the consent of the other party is strictly prohibited per MBW’s TOU/TOS, and ought be known by all. Some may have noticed or appreciate that Staff of late generally strives toward a laissez-faire style in matters such as these, but rules are rules.
Any member who intentionally chooses to skirt their spirit must be prepared to suffer the consequences.

I’ve been party to private (PM, e-mail and phone/text) communications with several here over the years, yet have never once betrayed their confidence.
That’s not too much to expect between gentlemen.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by rory breaker
This thread is a disaster, everyone needs to go get laid, have a drink, or take a deep breath. Heck of a lot of forum jockeys on here....it's an Internet message board. Relax.

Evosport you suck give the guy his refund already, your promises are empty, you have made yourself look like an *** and your best bet is to post up a huge sale asking whoever buys to detail their experience here to regain consumer confidence....or just wait a year for it to blow over. This is not an insult, just summarizing for clarity.

End this useless rubbernecking already. Bunch of teenage girls in here!!!
This will help Rory.. thanks for getting us all fixed up in here.

Isnt your lease up?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by splinter
To be fair, only one member has thus far earned sanctions in this potentially prickly 100+ post thread. Sharing a private communication (his PM in this specific instance) without the consent of the other party is strictly prohibited per MBW’s TOU/TOS, and ought be known by all. Some may have noticed or appreciate that Staff of late generally strives toward a laissez-faire style in matters such as these, but rules are rules.
Any member who intentionally chooses to skirt their spirit must be prepared to suffer the consequences.

I’ve been party to private (PM, e-mail and phone/text) communications with several here over the years, yet have never once betrayed their confidence.
That’s not too much to expect between gentlemen.
Agree with your points, splinter. I didn't see the PM, but whether inflammatory or not, publicly quoting from a PM is obviously against the rules. My post was attempting to inject a little levity with the cop analogy... obviously a dud; ah well... win some, lose some.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
This will help Rory.. thanks for getting us all fixed up in here.

Isnt your lease up?
Hahahahaha...not interested in your internet drama, girlfriend. Run off and play now...

OP - best of luck getting your $. Hope to see an update posted as Im sure many folks, including myself, will not be checking this thread.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Hahahahaha...not interested in your internet drama, girlfriend. Run off and play now...

OP - best of luck getting your $. Hope to see an update posted as Im sure many folks, including myself, will not be checking this thread.
You are all about the drama little guy. You come in and tell people to stop being teenage girls and then spout off just like everyone else pretty much calling yourself a teenage girl.

Enjoy your lease while the rest of us have to worry about stuff like this. MB says thanks for the 7K and cant wait for your next deposit on your rental.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
So, has Kema received a refund yet?

It shouldn't take that long for a wire transfer.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
You are all about the drama little guy. You come in and tell people to stop being teenage girls and then spout off just like everyone else pretty much calling yourself a teenage girl.

Enjoy your lease while the rest of us have to worry about stuff like this. MB says thanks for the 7K and cant wait for your next deposit on your rental.
LOL....killing me.

Propain, I would give anything to just roll around your town with you for a week and slap back a few brewskies with you at a waterhole you frequent...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport (advice needed)