C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2012 C63 Order Information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Yes it is available but subject to certain build dates which seem to vary from country to county. Of course some of this could also be ascribed to the usual dealer ignorance of their products.
Yup, that's what I've experienced, the build date I was assigned wouldn't accept the P31 so now I'm holding for a new date that will. The dealer asked if it was important and I said I'd buy an M3 if they couldn't get me my car with the P31, that motivated him.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:58 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by jboogie
Duanec63:
"Wait till the P31 package is available and make sure it has or you can add LSD and the Command Launch"

LMAO! I was answering another member saying that I had already placed my order with the command launch package. I know it has nothing to do with Launching the car
The main difference between the Command Launch pack and the Multimedia package is the 6-disck changer head unit (that the Japanese supplier can't provide) and the rear view camera. Both come with hard drive MP3 storage, bluetooth streaming, etc.

Luckily the price of the new pack is under $1000 so you can add the rear view camera seperate and will still save you money.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Is the difference from the p30 and p31 mainly on the top end? It will really hurt the pocket right now having to throw out $8000+ (p31 + LSD) . If later on I want some power...maybe a tune? (haven't done my homework on this yet)

If money is an issue, the P31 and LSD are very expensive options. If this is your first AMG the base C63 will provide you with more than enough thrills. You can have it tuned later, for cheaper, but as I've said, there goes your drivetrain warranty if something goes wrong down the line.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 06-16-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Could you please also list your purchase price to compare?

thanks
h
Old 06-16-2011, 07:45 AM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
If money is an issue, the P31 and LSD are very expensive options. If this is your first AMG the base C63 will provide you with more than enough thrills. You can have it tuned later, for cheaper, but as I've said, there goes your drivetrain warranty if something goes wrong down the line.
Couldn't have been said any better. I left my order just how it was... Now are there any performance mods that I can do in the future which wont mess with the drivetrain warranty?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:00 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Enochroot, When was the list time you checked with your dealer on the build date for yours?

I just got off the phone with my dealer and they sales manager was looking in the system and said the P31 package wasn't available for order yet. I told them someone in LA had a build date for one with the P31 and they seemed to think that wasn't possible because it wasn't open in the US yet.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 PM

BMW M3 2010
Originally Posted by CaliSun
Enochroot, When was the list time you checked with your dealer on the build date for yours?

I just got off the phone with my dealer and they sales manager was looking in the system and said the P31 package wasn't available for order yet. I told them someone in LA had a build date for one with the P31 and they seemed to think that wasn't possible because it wasn't open in the US yet.
My SA said they had one in production and I could make changes and that one had P31.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:40 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao
My SA said they had one in production and I could make changes and that one had P31.
Thanks, it is sounding like my dealer is either making up excuses or doesn't know what he's doing. I placed my deposit in March and there is still no build date for my order.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Thanks, it is sounding like my dealer is either making up excuses or doesn't know what he's doing. I placed my deposit in March and there is still no build date for my order.
Or he's trying to wear you out time wise so you just take an earlier order position he has. Don't give up. You might try calling another dealer. They love stealing sales from each other. The P31 is worth the wait.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:50 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
I told him if it came down to a reg C63 I'd cancel and go with a M3 instead. I was thinking earlier about swinging by another dealer so I'll follow your advice and give that a try too since I really do want the C63 with P31.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:14 PM

2016 G550

About 3 weeks ago, he confirmed the build date is still 7/2011, which is next month.

I was behind him and saw the ordering screen with my own eyes, otherwise I would not have believed it.

I've got a printout of the order showing P31 and the build date.

Now, lets see if it actually gets built...
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 PM

2016 G550
Here is a copy of it, in a few weeks I will follow up to see if the build is going through. Hope this helps!

Old 06-21-2011, 05:15 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Wow, thanks for posting that!

I think I got to the bottom of it after talking to a new dealer. They only have a certain amount of parts allocated at AMG for each option package and the P31 currently used up the allocation so they are all on hold till new parts allocations are available.
They seemed really knowledgeable and even said they had one C63 coupe orderd but it was an internal order so would bump me if I wanted to move my order to them. I'm tempted since they knew what they were doing and are a bigger and older dealer so have better allocations of AMG cars.

The fact that I gave my deposit in March and my initial dealer didn't place the order till after the P31 allocations were used and also not being able to tell me straight what's going on doesn't give me a good feeling going forward with them. It sounds like DuaneC63 called it and my initial dealer was playing games to try and get me to take the first available.

Either that or my dealer messed up my order and doesn't want to admit to it. He may have had a stock order in for one without the P31 and tried to change it to my options and it didn't like it it because it was too late for the initial allocations of the P31 and decided to make up excuses.

Last edited by CaliSun; 06-21-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:30 PM

C63 Coupe
When do you guys predict the ordered coupes will be in?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:46 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Ones built in July should arrive aorund September.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:35 PM

C63 Coupe
Ones built in July should arrive aorund September.
My order was put through June 10th without a problem. I havent called my sales guy to check on production date, but I really hope I can have it around September. The more I think about it the longer its going to take ...I hate this!!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
My order was put through June 10th without a problem. I havent called my sales guy to check on production date, but I really hope I can have it around September. The more I think about it the longer its going to take ...I hate this!!
When I met with mine on June 3rd my order had a build allocation in the third decade in August for a late Oct or early November delivery here ( near San Francisco). If you don't have a build date now it would likely be after that. That build date wouldn't accept the P31 option so now it is a waiting game for a build date that will accept that.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
Also ordered P31. No problems so far. Build date is for august. This is for Arizona

We only had a problem getting the Diamond white that we had ordered. Luckily they can still give us this paint job because we ordered the car early.

Apparently anyone that ordered diamond white after end of may, has to change their paint option because MB are having a hard time getting that pigment from Japan because of all the stuff that went down there.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM

2012 C63 wagon.
Hi guys. I am a bit confused. I live her in germany and the earliest order date (in fact before that date there was no price-information available) was April 4th. I ordered one week later and get my car mid of September or beginning of October. I drive to Bremen (180km from me) and get the car direct from the factory. I visited that plant twice in the past. I think I get it a bit later because i ordered a C63 station wagon (magnetite black). How could you order the car in US already in march ?
Old 06-22-2011, 01:37 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by myerss
Hi guys. I am a bit confused. I live her in germany and the earliest order date (in fact before that date there was no price-information available) was April 4th. I ordered one week later and get my car mid of September or beginning of October. I drive to Bremen (180km from me) and get the car direct from the factory. I visited that plant twice in the past. I think I get it a bit later because i ordered a C63 station wagon (magnetite black). How could you order the car in US already in march ?
In march they were taking deposits and a rough list of options you wanted but the system didn't let them enter the orders till later. In theory they would enter them the day the system opened up and get them in the production queue first.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 PM

2012 C63 wagon.
Ah ok. I already wondered if i have to move to the states to get the car earlier ;-)
The long wait is very hard for me............
Old 06-22-2011, 04:06 PM

BMW M3 2010
I just got an email saying Diamond White is not available? hmm...
Old 06-22-2011, 04:10 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Yes, that was one of the colors they are having trouble with due to pigments that are made in Japan. You should be able to switch to a new color if you want it sooner or you can wait and hope that color comes back but it might be a long wait.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Hi Guys. This thread is wicked for ordering information! (Thanks Cali!) And plus all of you make the wait that little bit more bearable with your information! Im from Toronto and put the deposit down back in march then picked options in may. In Canada the options list is different as there are only a few packages to choose from. This was the email I got from the dealer:

Hi Sajun,
I hope everything is fine at your end. We have ordered the C63 2012 for you with the following specifications and packages:-
The exterior colour is Obsidian Black Metallic with Black Leather Interior and has Premium Package, Performance Package and Dark Ash Wood Trim.

Would my dealer be able to tell me the production date now? Also I saw the option of illuminated door sills which sounds awesome but that wasn’t an option for me! Is this because Im in Canada or because my dealer didn’t go through everything with me? Also the performance package here refers to the power upgrade, LSD, brakes etc… does that mean my car should be ok with the parts allocated, would suck to show up on delivery and have one with out that option! Im thinking of emailing him, he said beginning of September the car should be here but Im curious and want to make sure hes on top of things. haha
Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 PM

Mercedes-Benz 190D and Jeep Cherokee
I'm sorry for interupting, i'm a new user. I have a question for you guys and if you know something about it please tell me!

I heard that Mercedes Benz gonna give up off making a new series of C63 AMG and that the bigest engine of a new c-class will be the from C55??????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C63 Order Information