C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
I have health problems. Right now I'm dealing with nerve damage to my left eye. I see 3 of everything with that eye. My brain corrects most of it, most of the time, by working out what I see with my right eye. Can't explain it, it just is. This came from a small stroke. I'm frustrated because I've invested a pretty good amount of money into the car and really will have no business at all driving it on the street myself and would like to get the business benefit of SEMA out of it even though the money isn't a problem.

If I send it to SEMA and take one sort of tax break on it, then it will sit and be depreciated. If it misses SEMA, there's not much point in keeping it around and it will get sold or given away, etc.

I've been taken to the hospital twice in the last year for heart trouble. Now a stroke. I'm not expecting a long future. But I would like to tie up a lot of things and frankly, I have a lot of financial dealings that were done based on needing to be around for the next 20 years. That seems unlikely. I'm doing what I can to leave things in the kind of organization that can be taken care of by my wife and an investment management company.

It wouldn't hurt people to improve their abilities to accomplish things on my dime since I really don't care about the money that much except for the trouble weird unfinished things would do to my wife if I get worse or am not here.

Perhaps this might explain a few things. If not, everyone can go back to armchair quarterbacking my business and deriding me for not giving a hoot about drag racing.

Jim
Old 10-05-2011, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Give it to me if you have no need for it.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:06 PM

Peter must be reading the forum this morning. He just gave me an excellent schedule update by email.

And it was perfect. I'm not kidding or playing around. Peter, that's exactly what customers like to see.

Jim
Old 10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Yes I have certainly been reading the forums.

As you have mentioned earlier, there are other vendors involved in every build and I would hate to give out some solid timelines or deadlines until I make sure that the outside vendor is meeting them. It so happens that I have finally gotten a semi-solid ETAs from all the parties involved today. I could not have given this status update even earlier this week as I could not get any solid, reliable info. With that being said, everything is moving along as planned.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by jspAMG
I have health problems. Right now I'm dealing with nerve damage to my left eye. I see 3 of everything with that eye. My brain corrects most of it, most of the time, by working out what I see with my right eye. Can't explain it, it just is. This came from a small stroke. I'm frustrated because I've invested a pretty good amount of money into the car and really will have no business at all driving it on the street myself and would like to get the business benefit of SEMA out of it even though the money isn't a problem.

If I send it to SEMA and take one sort of tax break on it, then it will sit and be depreciated. If it misses SEMA, there's not much point in keeping it around and it will get sold or given away, etc.

I've been taken to the hospital twice in the last year for heart trouble. Now a stroke. I'm not expecting a long future. But I would like to tie up a lot of things and frankly, I have a lot of financial dealings that were done based on needing to be around for the next 20 years. That seems unlikely. I'm doing what I can to leave things in the kind of organization that can be taken care of by my wife and an investment management company.

It wouldn't hurt people to improve their abilities to accomplish things on my dime since I really don't care about the money that much except for the trouble weird unfinished things would do to my wife if I get worse or am not here.

Perhaps this might explain a few things. If not, everyone can go back to armchair quarterbacking my business and deriding me for not giving a hoot about drag racing.

Jim
i am really sorry that you are having these medical issues......but why must you put , in almost every reply , something about you either having money , not caring about money , throwing money away or just giving money away . i came back to this thread , after i don't know how long , to see how things turned out for you but i saw that very little had changed about your " i'm so rich attitude " . i am happy that you are very well off financially but there are plenty of other people , including myself , that are doing very well for themselves and don't post it in every reply they make . i think this is the reason very few people backed you up in this whole situation . i hope everything works out for you in the end

Originally Posted by bushburninc63
Give it to me if you have no need for it.
+63
Old 10-05-2011, 05:57 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
is there still a widebody conversion coming for this car?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
The car is sitting in a bodyshop getting a widebody. Don't know schedule. Then it has to go to paint. HREs are on order. Don't know schedule. Brakes are on order. Don't know schedule. Interior has been redone. Last piece from MACarbon is supposed to be delivered today but haven't confirmed. Lots of assembly work will need to be done with a fair amount of electronics required before SEMA. Then it comes back for substantial ICE system that has to be custom made with lots of aluminum and CF work. Don't know schedule.

The car has to be on a transport in 3 weeks. I have my doubts. If it makes it, ok. If not, I've solved the tax implications and it can get finished whenever. After SEMA and CES, the car goes into storage for 3 years and then it leaves. If it misses SEMA, it leaves when its done.

Jim
> j bro looks like it is in the works.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts
C63 AMG
This truly sounds like an AMAZING car. I saw it at ACGSD in Aug...can't wait to see the finished product. My hat's off to jsp, ACGSD, Weistec etc. for a truly heroic effort!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
JSP:
Sorry to hear of your health issues. God's speed in your recovery.
Duane
Old 10-05-2011, 09:15 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by Mort
> j bro looks like it is in the works.
thanks!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Jim,
I hope the car gets completed soon and really shows us all what some creativity, effort, and $$$ can accomplish. I know that many of us LOVE these cars and you have taken yours to a level many of us can't wait to see. Many of us have been at this for three years or more now and the cars are still in process.

I do hope that you get your eye and heart issues taken care of and stick around longer than you think. Enjoy the time you have while you are here and let the car work itself out. Stress can create vision problems because I have them myself and we all know it effects our health in general. Family is MOST important! Take care of yourself.

Keep us updated and good luck getting it finished.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
JSP:
Sorry to hear of your health issues. God's speed in your recovery.
Duane
+1 Health is more important than money or car
Old 10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by j bro
is there still a widebody conversion coming for this car?
I was just wondering the same thing myself
Old 10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
The car is sitting in a bodyshop getting a widebody. Don't know schedule. Then it has to go to paint. HREs are on order. Don't know schedule. Brakes are on order. Don't know schedule. Interior has been redone. Last piece from MACarbon is supposed to be delivered today but haven't confirmed. Lots of assembly work will need to be done with a fair amount of electronics required before SEMA. Then it comes back for substantial ICE system that has to be custom made with lots of aluminum and CF work. Don't know schedule.

The car has to be on a transport in 3 weeks. I have my doubts. If it makes it, ok. If not, I've solved the tax implications and it can get finished whenever. After SEMA and CES, the car goes into storage for 3 years and then it leaves. If it misses SEMA, it leaves when its done.

Jim
Originally Posted by jrcart
I was just wondering the same thing myself
Still in the works.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MNL ICE
+1 Health is more important than money or car
+1 , Health > Vehicle
Old 10-07-2011, 03:42 AM

None
Well....I read this whole bloody thread start to finish. Yeah jspAMG is a total dick. The airing of grievances publicly as they're happening is a low class thing to do. Ironically it's people like him that end up doing well financially in life. I don't like it and I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to say that winning isn't winning.

The build itself is interesting. Spending twice what the car is worth off the showroom floor in mods....pass. Even if I had the money to burn, I wouldn't do it just on the principle of it being a waste. But hey, it's his money and he can blow it on whatever. I'd test him on his "anyone can drive it" offer. Willing to put out for a 21 year old who has never driven anything over 300 hp?
Old 10-08-2011, 01:41 PM

2012 C63 Coupe P31
Jim, I hope that your health improves ( never good to hear someone is having health issues)

I would love to see some video of this beast... a sound clip even. From the photos that have been posted and whats been done to it modification wise is it a safe assume this is ONE of the largest mods done to a C63 by an individual owner?

Best of luck with the continuing build and your health
Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks for the well wishes. Who ever knows what's next on the agenda after a stroke? I'm amazed I never felt anything at all. Just woke up one morning with one eye seeing three of everything. I guess I better watch that blood pressure medicine

dr/owned, you made me smile. Thank you.

Now, on to the car. I don't think its making it to SEMA. The metal shop doing the bodywork is really the worst kind of company. Since some don't think I should call people out, I'll leave it for the citizens of San Diego County to trip over this fetid turd on their own time and money. I will say that a less involved customer might not know what I know and could blame it on ACG which wouldn't be fair. But it would be easy to not see past the lead builder and get the wrong idea. I feel bad for James and Peter. If I hadn't solved the tax issues (I hope) I'd still be upset. But then there's that health thing. Woo-Sah, Woo-Sah....

So, here we are with no car to go to SEMA, at least not one that's completely finished. We have 1 Porsche 99.9% done and hopefully complete on Thursday. The second Porsche went in to ACG today and will probably be in construction for a good 2-4 weeks. Once the AMG gets out of paint some parts get stripped off it and my wife's car goes back in for a couple of days to get the hand-me-down transplants. I have a truck getting upgraded too. And I'd still like to do a monster truck based on an F-650. But that might give my wife a stroke too. We will see.

As a fun fact, some of you may remember that the AMG was a car I purchased to use to go on the Bullrun when I didn't believe the Porsche would be done with its modifications in time. LOL! The P-Car will be done on 10/20, only 4 months late and the AMG may need till the end of December to be complete. Of course, once schedules were blown, I might have added some things to the to-do list.... Just a few.

I did take a month off and drove around the whole country anyway. I called it the Bull**** Run. I knew most of you would agree.

Jim
Old 10-15-2011, 11:06 PM

i am really sorry that you are having these medical issues......but why must you put , in almost every reply , something about you either having money , not caring about money , throwing money away or just giving money away . i came back to this thread , after i don't know how long , to see how things turned out for you but i saw that very little had changed about your " i'm so rich attitude " . i am happy that you are very well off financially but there are plenty of other people , including myself , that are doing very well for themselves and don't post it in every reply they make . i think this is the reason very few people backed you up in this whole situation . i hope everything works out for you in the end
There is a purpose in everything I do. The simplest explanation would be bragging. Don't you think? You can go with that if you like. You wouldn't believe me if I told you the truth.

Jim
Old 10-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I very much wish you a speedy recovery so you can enjoy your life to the fullest
Old 10-16-2011, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Jim, very sorry to hear about your health.
I hope that you will make a full recovery and live a long and healthy life.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
There is a purpose in everything I do. The simplest explanation would be bragging. Don't you think? You can go with that if you like. You wouldn't believe me if I told you the truth.

Jim
Do tell. You are a walking sociological case study, and I don't mean that in a necessarily bad way. Those of us who are truly interested in understanding motivations and tracing behavior are fascinated, so let it out. You certainly have given a ton of thought to your legacy given recent events and while it won't be defined on an internet messageboard, you have piqued more than one persons' interest with your curiously timed enigmatic replies. Again, not a negative connotation there, truly interested.

In the meantime, best of luck with health, wealth, and enjoying every single split second.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:00 PM

There are people on the board who know exactly what's going on and there are those that need to NOT know.

If I meet any of you in person, I'd tell you the whole story. But most people aren't interested. I'm not even that interested.

Anyway, thank you all again for the well wishes.

Jim

PS: While I have money, in the scheme of things, its not really so much. I used to do a lot of flying and I would look down on my city and I could pick out "my wealth" then I could look at it in the context of the whole city and its minuscule. Anyone could do the same with the Trumps of the world. What looks like enormous wealth is really pretty insignificant. The only part thats wondrous about it is knowing how people survive on so very much less in this society. So, when you think I'm bragging, think again. I have very little and I'm not going to get to take it with me.

Last edited by jspAMG; 10-16-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Lightbulb

One way to do a widebody on a C63

Old 10-18-2011, 04:52 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by Peter@ACGSD
One way to do a widebody on a C63

Damn that sick, this looks very promising

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Quick Reply: ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2