C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
This car is about 3 business days from being sold off for parts.

I'm not kidding.

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM

C63
Please pm with parts and pricing, I'm definitely interested!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 AM

No you aren't.

This is absolutely not a car that should be used for a real performance build. I was wrong. If the car isn't running as advertised on Monday, I will have it stripped and the parts will be sold on ebay and the chassis will go to the crusher.

There are no alternatives.

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 11:37 AM

C63
I'm not looking for large gains, more along the lines of CAI or other smaller postable items?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Drive the car the way it is. It comes stock as more car than 95% of the population can handle anyway.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 AM

C63
Ah well, I hope you still open up the eBay auctions to international buyers...
Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Nope. International buyers offer zero protection on paypal. I don't care much about the money but people doing chargebacks rubs me the wrong way. Plus there's little issue with customs. Monkeys are smarter than these people. 25% of shipments overseas end up with something goofed because customs jerks the parts around. I ship to Canada and thats about it unless I get the money by bank transfer and that leaves YOU open to being screwed. Overall, no.

I've made myself perfectly clear to ACG and Weistec on this issue. Fix the car or take your parts off.

If I see another finger pointed, I'm quite likely to bite it off.

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Would u mind details or to early?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 AM

The car has some sort of cam fault. Its halfway between Stage 1 and Stage II. Its also spent more time on flatbed trucks than it has on the road.

I am a very easy going person until I get to the point that everything is going nowhere except my money and my time. Mostly my time.

I've just been assured by text message that this will get dealt with. We will see. The car runs by Monday or I'm done with it and I'll buy a big S Class to haul my *** around town. I've got a Porsche Turbo to fill my need for speed.

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Sorry for your problems hope it gets sorted ASAP so the build gets back underway
Old 08-04-2011, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by jspAMG
The car has some sort of cam fault. Its halfway between Stage 1 and Stage II. Its also spent more time on flatbed trucks than it has on the road.

I am a very easy going person until I get to the point that everything is going nowhere except my money and my time. Mostly my time.

I've just been assured by text message that this will get dealt with. We will see. The car runs by Monday or I'm done with it and I'll buy a big S Class to haul my *** around town. I've got a Porsche Turbo to fill my need for speed.

Jim
Sorry to hear about the problems. Im surprised to see you make it so public though.

Doesnt seem that long ago that you said just throw money at it and see what sticks. Why the sudden change of attitude?
Old 08-04-2011, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
This car is about 3 business days from being sold off for parts.

I'm not kidding.

Jim
Wow, what a surprising turn of events.

I'm really sorry to hear that Jim and hope everything gets sorted out soon.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
Okay? They barely put this car together. What did you expect, that they would not run into any problems with the amount of mods they put into the car?
Old 08-04-2011, 12:39 PM

I'm willing to pay for performance. The cost doesn't much matter to me. As long as it performs. If it doesn't, then things have to change. They weren't changing.

If me giving you money doesn't motivate you, then we will try new things that might.

Seriously, I really don't care if I drive the car off the Oceanside pier. Its just a car and its just money. But I have a desire for a car to perform in a certain way. If it can't then its time to cut my losses in money and time and move on.

I understand that to most of you, this is a car you have some need to have. Its your primary car or your wife will run a lawnmower through your nut sack for wasting money, etc.

I'm not one of those people. But I got where I am with a certain mentality and patience level. Both are kicking in now. I tried nice with a touch of firmness last night. I didn't get a feeling of 100% focus. So, now we have a different outlook until I see things change. Then we can go back to me being Mr. Nice Guy.

I also think that the public is owed something. We are all happy to have great feedback and sell more parts. I sell car parts too. Not for this car but still, I sell car parts. If you want to be on the forums getting glory, fame and money, ok by me. But there needs to be some accountability to the public too.

I don't lie and I don't steal. Part of not lying is not holding back either. This project has big problems on time management if nothing else. Time to cinch that knot a little tighter.

I'm not talking to anyone involved in this again until Monday or when the car is making 600+ at the rear wheels. And that needs to happen by Monday if they have to go out on the street and jack a car to steal parts.

I've got a meeting with BMW to go to. I'm not talking about this anymore until its all butterflies and kittens or the car is getting scrapped.

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by bushburninc63
Okay? They barely put this car together. What did you expect, that they would not run into any problems with the amount of mods they put into the car?
Barely started more than one month ago. MORE THAN ONE MONTH AGO.

Is that your expectation of performance? Its not mine.

Problems come in two flavors with this type of build.

1. Parts are bad or the install is bad. Uhhh... Fix it. Its been a month....
2. The product is not really ready to be sold over the counter and is a work in process or has to be installed by the tuner directly because they don't have the thing ready for over the counter sales. Ok, then do that.

Spend your money how you choose. Put up with what you want to put up with. I have a level of expectation that goes with the amount of money being spent.

Caveat Emptor, YMMV, etc, etc.

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I'm willing to pay for performance. The cost doesn't much matter to me. As long as it performs. If it doesn't, then things have to change. They weren't changing.

If me giving you money doesn't motivate you, then we will try new things that might.

Seriously, I really don't care if I drive the car off the Oceanside pier. Its just a car and its just money. But I have a desire for a car to perform in a certain way. If it can't then its time to cut my losses in money and time and move on.

I understand that to most of you, this is a car you have some need to have. Its your primary car or your wife will run a lawnmower through your nut sack for wasting money, etc.

I'm not one of those people. But I got where I am with a certain mentality and patience level. Both are kicking in now. I tried nice with a touch of firmness last night. I didn't get a feeling of 100% focus. So, now we have a different outlook until I see things change. Then we can go back to me being Mr. Nice Guy.

I also think that the public is owed something. We are all happy to have great feedback and sell more parts. I sell car parts too. Not for this car but still, I sell car parts. If you want to be on the forums getting glory, fame and money, ok by me. But there needs to be some accountability to the public too.

I don't lie and I don't steal. Part of not lying is not holding back either. This project has big problems on time management if nothing else. Time to cinch that knot a little tighter.

I'm not talking to anyone involved in this again until Monday or when the car is making 600+ at the rear wheels. And that needs to happen by Monday if they have to go out on the street and jack a car to steal parts.

I've got a meeting with BMW to go to. I'm not talking about this anymore until its all butterflies and kittens or the car is getting scrapped.

Jim
wow.. lots to absorb there.

I understand the feeling of getting to the place you are by not wasting money. I feel the same way. I didnt get where I am today by pissing away my money. Thank for you the public feedback on this project. From where I stand and from what I have seen I am still waiting to move on this. This made it a bit easier.

Hopefully this motivation works. I always find public lashings to be counter productive with anyone I wish to continue to do business with. Those are normally saved for the goodbye speech.

Thanks for being the guinea pig on this though. It helps others who may not have it as well off as you do. Good luck with the butterflies and kittens.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
i think jim deserves to get what he was promised and expects for the money he is spending. ( i assume multiple 5 digits) wow...
hopefully is the company is as good as they say they can make it happen

this is why i am always leary about so many new tuner shops popping up all over the place..everyone is an expert...so they think....im not saying the san diego boys arent but im saying in general...

this should be an exciting weekend
Old 08-04-2011, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Been following this thread and wow. I just hope ACD/Weistec delivers to your expectations at the beginning of the build.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:35 PM

So far I am not mad at anyone in particular. Both ACG and Weistec are trying hard. The problem is, while that's great and all, the car isn't done and we are back to exactly where we were 2 weeks ago.

Companies need to work together to solve problems for the customer. It is not in anyone's best interest to delay doing what has to be done, especially when you have followed your proverbial compass around in a giant circle and are now standing there looking at that big oak tree you saw when you started your trek through the forest.

In the time it takes to administer this build, mechanics or tuners could be sent from one place or the other to solve the identified problems where they are found.

As has been pointed out, I am not holding back monetarily. I said that budget is not a factor and it isn't. If one vendor or the other wants to jump in their car with a laptop or a toolbox and haul a$$ for the other vendors location and solve this, BILL ME. I have never once questioned the price and I am paid AHEAD on this project. That's right, I am consistently paid in advance of the status of the project both for parts and labor. One or both of them can bill me for the time.

Now in business we all know that there are tasks ranked A, B or C or some variation of it. I was willing to go along with my "minor problem" being a C or B level task 3 weeks ago. I'm not willing for it to be this way now.

Basically to both vendors, here is where I stand. FIX THE CAR. I don't care about any of your other customers at this point. Fix my car. If this is painful for you, have your owners tell me what you want to sell your business for and I will bring you a cashiers check today. Then you don't have to worry about priorities, I'll simplify your life.

Or you can take an approach that you can ignore your other issues for 24 hours and fix my car. Its been long enough.

The best way to have a happy customer is to put yourself in their shoes and ask what is reasonable before they define that parameter for you.

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

I have never once questioned the price and I am paid AHEAD on this project. That's right, I am consistently paid in advance of the status of the project both for parts and labor. One or both of them can bill me for the time.
This is the problem. Money is the motivator. If you pay in advance people get lazy. When people are waiting or working to get paid the job gets done much quicker.

How much have you sunk into this specific project? I am curious as to what to expect from a Stage I and Stage II as far as price goes. What are we really talking about here to get this onto a car and in working order as far as price??
Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by propain
This is the problem. Money is the motivator. If you pay in advance people get lazy. When people are waiting or working to get paid the job gets done much quicker.

How much have you sunk into this specific project? I am curious as to what to expect from a Stage I and Stage II as far as price goes. What are we really talking about here to get this onto a car and in working order as far as price??

I am doing all of the car at once. It would be difficult to break out specific parts of the build. Besides the cost of the car itself which I bought and drive straight to ACG, I'm probably in for $70K right now and there is probably about that much more to do.

I'm not akin for anymore to be done than I would do for one of my own customers and my average sale is about $45.00 per customer. I know they are working on it and I trust they will do whatever it takes and if one or both of them feel they have done more than their fair share, they can bill me. I have goals and the car is 3 weeks behind schedule.

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Jim, Hope everything works out well and hopefully by next week you will have your 600hp monster sitting in your garage.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
You have outlined your goal, but we have not seen how close the team is to meeting it. Obviously, there was a long way to go from the first Dyno sheet, but what are we talking here? 5, 10, 25 HP short of your goal?

Is it at least close to the 600HP mark? I am just looking for persective.

I understand your frustration, and hope the parties involved can pull together and make this happen. It is a momumental project, and we all want to see success.

It would be a huge shame to be this far along, and fold the hand..

Old 08-04-2011, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
jim is the work they are doing on your car, has it been replicated before with other cars and been successful, or is yours more of a test mule for these mods?

are you having your c300 done by them too, wont that slow things down

u might need to call chip fooses crew in overhauling down, they always been the clock..lol ...sorry good luck
Old 08-04-2011, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
I am doing all of the car at once. It would be difficult to break out specific parts of the build. Besides the cost of the car itself which I bought and drive straight to ACG, I'm probably in for $70K right now and there is probably about that much more to do.

I'm not akin for anymore to be done than I would do for one of my own customers and my average sale is about $45.00 per customer. I know they are working on it and I trust they will do whatever it takes and if one or both of them feel they have done more than their fair share, they can bill me. I have goals and the car is 3 weeks behind schedule.

Jim
WOW....

For 1/3 of that (ie $24k) you could convert a GT-R to a 9 second beast with over 900 HP

And for $60k they are kickin 1100 hp and running 9.0's @166.66

And if you wanna be the man then you drop and get into the 8's like this monster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNoo2r1q_0A&feature=player_embedded

Just sayin....

A month to bolt on heads and a blower is a little mental

Last edited by callmiro; 08-04-2011 at 05:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Quick Reply: ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2