C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
Originally Posted by jrcart
Maybe you should take a bit of that advice yourself.
Just jump right to it and say your dad can beat up my dad.

In the meantime, call Steve and ask him if my advice to him is bad or if he would like you to keep quiet and leave me alone while I'm on his side. As of right now, I'd still recommend Weistec to all the people I run into. I'm sure he'd prefer to keep it that way. But I could go with guilt by association if you would all prefer.

Jim
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 383 Likes on 238 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by jspAMG

In the meantime, call Steve and ask him if my advice to him is bad or if he would like you to keep quiet and leave me alone while I'm on his side. As of right now, I'd still recommend Weistec to all the people I run into. I'm sure he'd prefer to keep it that way. But I could go with guilt by association if you would all prefer.

Jim
LOL....
That's what these back and forths get to basically...
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Now, on to my advice to Weistec regarding the marketing of the heads. Since jrcart has already proclaimed this to be total BS, those of you that are know-it-all fan boys can move along...

Ok, for the rest of you that might still be reading, this was my advice.

Weistec sold heads to ACG for my car. They might or might not function. I expect we will find out soon. What is known by me is that this didn't go well. Unbeknownst to me it is already proven that my just-CPO'd car had at least one bad MAF. Why it didn't trip codes, I can't say. But ACG tells me that replacing them fixed some problems showing up on the dyno. I have no reason not to believe them. Weistec tells me there is a cam problem. I'm a little less certain about this. Is it the cam or is it the sensor that watches the cam? I'm betting on the sensor. But perhaps they are installed into the new heads wrong. We will see about that also I would guess.

So what is my advice to Weistec?

Be careful. ACG employs a real live Mercedes mechanic. My cams weren't installed by some goober who does Hondas most of the time. If a shop that does a ton of high performance work we have this debacle, what will they get into if they sell these heads willie-nillie to just anyone? Every shop has their fanboys YO! Get the idea?

I have no doubt about Weistecs ability to do what they do. I also trust ACG. My entire complaint is that the interaction between these shops was not moving the car along and one or both of them needed to take the lead and just fix the fricking car. That's all I am complaining about.

So I honestly advised Steve at Weistec that if this was what happens when shops are within an hour of each other, employ good mechanics and are experienced, what would happen to them, their reputation and their support costs if they start selling these things to somebody who's going to take them to his buddy the mechanic at Stereo World. And you all know it will happen sooner or later. Now is this crazy advice?

Personally I would start slow with these heads and do most or all of the installs themselves and slowly build a network of trusted shops ensuring that these shops are staffed with actual mechanics not guys who bolt on bling all day.

That's it.

Call me crazy.

Jim
You are CRAZY!!!! Dude, they are ****ing heads, its actually not rocket science to install them and Goober probably could install them if need be. There are no issues with the Weistec head design, I think that is eveident because there are a few pairs of them already out there and installed and running around the streets with no issues. Could you have gotten a "bad" set of heads? I guess anything is possible. Did you buy heads, do a core swap or have your actuall heads machined? The heads are all cnc ported so in theory they should not vary from set to set. Nonetheless you having a beef with the way they are marketing the heads is weak, the Weistec heads work so why not market the hell out of them? If its a cam position sensor problem or a cam chain problem or an installer/tecnician how does that become a Weistec problem? If the car is going to Weistec as you claim its in good hands...Looks like Steve and the guys at Weistec are doing some more bailing out.

Do me a favor and start preparing your appology letter to Weistec that you are going to be posting up here early next week when your car is running.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:07 AM

c63 amg
I have a lot of apartment buildings and I own 3 factories and a trading company in China. My wife runs an aftermarket auto parts business with 3 warehouses and retail locations.
just curious.... do you pay all your employees in advance too?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim
I will call Steve in the morning, I will let you know what he says, but do you think its wise wise for me to bother him while he's working on your car seeing that he's working under a tight timeline and all?

Let me know when and where you're gonna be crushing your car, I'm gonna fly out to see it, sounds pretty sweet.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
So what specifically needs to be done to the car for it to be finished by Monday?
If a client like your self were paying me that much money for a build I would eat, sleep, breathe this job until I get it done and done right. ESPECIALLY if you already paid in advance.
Its not like our only buying set of lug bolts....
Old 08-05-2011, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by palerider
just curious.... do you pay all your employees in advance too?
LMAO
Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Finally, the other Jim (jrcart) posts. What's up, dude? What has happened to your car since I saw it @ Fontana?

Last edited by Sincity; 08-05-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:33 AM

As you wish...
Old 08-05-2011, 12:51 AM

I just received texts from both Steve at Weistec and James at ACG. The car will be done tomorrow.

jrcart, you will have some explaining to do. You've not done well for Weistec. Not at all. Besides apparently having either reading comprehension problems or a complete lack of understanding about how my problems relate indirectly to causing Weistec future support issues, you've just put me off the experience all together.

You should scoot your little butt to O'hare. Tomorrow is going to be your day. I'll be at Weistec. And the car will leave there for destinations unknown.

I'm sure all vendors involved will have nothing but good thoughts about you for your help. But true to my word, I'll post honest dyno graphs and my impression of the quality of the build. And after that, if everyone is lucky, I'll just keep quiet.

Jim
Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
That picture looks sooo bad ***. I love that color and those wheels look very sharp.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:25 AM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Old 08-05-2011, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Great news Jim!!
I just have one request, Im dying to know what 60-130mph times your car will run, any chance you could do some V-box runs and keep us informed?
Thanks.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 AM

_AMG_,

I don't do that kind of thing. I got it out of my system a long time ago. I haven't even figured out what the future of the car is going to be. Its in pieces with significant parts not installed because they are late from suppliers or not installed yet. I have to at a minimum figure out what is paid for and what is not, gather up the parts on hand and as they come in. Then I have to find another shop to transfer the build too.

While he apparently deleted his post I and all of you got a notification of pertplus' comments. Since he spends a significant amount of time at ACG and there are hundreds of hours left to finish the car it is inevitable that we would run into each other and he and I have very similar tempers. Nothing good would happen. So, ACG, through no particular fault of their own will lose the remaining $$ associated with the build up. I also will probably not be leasing them a Mustang AWD dyno which was in the works. Again, nothing against them at all. But business is business and I'm not the type to check parking lots to see who's there before I pull in. This carries over to Weistec who I respect quite a bit. But frankly, the level of discourse, not to mention lack of reading skill of their number one customer, has put me off. And I'm just a grain of sand on the beach, I wouldn't want to put Weistec into the position of trying to patch things up between us. Its much better if I just take the car, get it into some condition to dispose of and move on.

Actions have consequences. None of them are bad for me in any way. And isn't that helpful?

Jim

Last edited by jspAMG; 08-05-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
_AMG_,

I don't do that kind of thing. I got it out of my system a long time ago. I haven't even figured out what the future of the car is going to be. Its in pieces with significant parts not installed because they are late from suppliers or not installed yet. I have to at a minimum figure out what is paid for and what is not, gather up the parts on hand and as they come in. Then I have to find another shop to transfer the build too.

While he apparently deleted his post I and all of you got a notification of pertplus' comments. Since he spends a significant amount of time at ACG and there are hundreds of hours left to finish the car it is inevitable that we would run into each other and he and I have very similar tempers. Nothing good would happen. So, ACG, through no particular fault of their own will lose the remaining $$ associated with the build up. I also will probably not be leasing them a Mustang AWD dyno which was in the works. Again, nothing against them at all. But business is business and I'm not the type to check parking lots to see who's there before I pull in. This carries over to Weistec who I respect quite a bit. But frankly, the level of discourse, not to mention lack of reading skill of their number one customer, has put me off. And I'm just a grain of sand on the beach, I wouldn't want to put Weistec into the position of trying to patch things up between us. Its much better if I just take the car, get it into some condition to dispose of and move on.

Actions have consequences. None of them are bad for me in any way. And isn't that helpful?

Jim
Why did I delete my post, because I just wondered what good could really come out of it except to just incite someone who is obviously bent on just rambling off nonsensically as if he were Holden Caufield and MBWorld was his own personal Catcher in the Rye. Jim, you were a dick when I first met you at ACG and you were an even bigger dick to me when I saw you again at SoCal. Reading your posts about how you are going to "keep quiet" but still keep posting like some sycophant looking for constant attention is hilarious at best.

As to the bolded part above, you cannot be serious. Or maybe you are, and that just fits in perfectly with every single manifesto-esque post you make in this thread. Jim, you have a lot of money, congrats! Jim, you have a lot of nice cars, congrats! Jim, you are an unbelievable snob who takes private business between you and a shop and you and a manufacturer and publicizes it on the public forums, congrats! I mean, how many times can you talk about "biting someone's finger off" or the consequences of if the car is not done on Monday. Dude, get over yourself. It's a car, as you've said time and time again. This isn't a hostage negotiation or a nuclear disarmament.

My god man, for someone who spends money like water (or talks like he does), you sure have some strange tendencies. I guess we will all have to wait until you "keep quiet" again and make another post and threaten something about your car. We all wait with baited breath.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Its much better if I just take the car, get it into some condition to dispose of and move on.
I can relate. A few years ago I was putting together a Lego set and I come to find out I'm missing ONE PIECE. The best day of my life is when I threw that thing in the trash.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 AM

As for the bolded part above, I put that in there for your benefit. I wondered what your reaction to costing them a lot of money was going to be. Its as I expected. Its not like I wasn't going to pull the build because of you. I just really wanted to know if you even cared that you were satisfying your ego at the expense of the relationship between them and another significant customer. Now, James and Peter might think I'm a dick as well and maybe they appreciate you helping to get rid of me. That's entirely possible. It won't bother any of us then. You're a jerk, I'm a dick and they get rid of me. As Charlie would say, #Winning!

I may or may not be a dick. I am usually much worse than that. But why to you? Couldn't be you could it? I treated you like crap at the car show because as I was walking up to the booth you were ranting at some poor kid for touching your car. Just touching it. I was just waiting for you to punch him out.

I do like to toy with people. I used to fish but I discovered that what I enjoyed was watching the fish take the bait. Its even more entertaining with people, my little guppy. How did you ever get to be a lawyer with such poor observational skills?

Jim

PS: The above was written for a purpose too. I'll be entertained.

Last edited by jspAMG; 08-05-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by nrgy
I can relate. A few years ago I was putting together a Lego set and I come to find out I'm missing ONE PIECE. The best day of my life is when I threw that thing in the trash.
And its always something critical

Jim
Old 08-05-2011, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim, reading your posts is like reading a transcript from a Charles Manson parole hearing..... please continue. Funny how the guy that put ACG and Weistec on blast (sorry, that's slang for public excoriation) is blaming someone else for why they are now deciding to "take their toys and go home." jim, please regale us with your magnificent wealth, all of your cars and how us peons just use our c63s as our only cars whereas you have entire fleet at your disposal. Jim i am in complete awe of you, teach me more sensei.

And "my little guppy"? I knew there was a reason you reminded me of John Wayne Gacey.

Last edited by Pertplus; 08-05-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:38 AM

PS: You type slow.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:39 AM

The word is regale.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:41 AM

If you're PM'ing me, I'll post it publicly. Just FYI.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you're PM'ing me, I'll post it publicly. Just FYI.
Excuse me, who's pm'ing you? As for my typing? Sorry, I am using my iPad that I have spent $70k upgrading and it still doesn't work the way I want it to (oops, ended my sentence with a preposition). Don't you hate when that happens? Can you email Steve Jobs for me?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:47 AM

I email Steve all the time. I'll tell him to add the onnagato option.

Jim
Old 08-05-2011, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I email Steve all the time. I'll tell him to add the onnagato option.

Jim
Thanks.

Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Quick Reply: ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2